Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Amazing matter with W98 routing table.

From: Oscar Louro <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 17:41:51 +0200

Hello,

I am developing a Mobile-IPv4 MH under W98 and VC++ and I've found
myself with the usual problem with Windows routing table. When the MH
moves from one network to another, I modify the Default Gateway (to the
FA) and the IP Mask (to 255.255.255.255) fields in Windows' registry and
force the system to reboot to make the changes take effect. This is just
the only way to make it work, unless you program a NDIS driver...

At least, that's what I thought... Suppose you're on your home network
and go to a foreign one. I make the changes that I mentioned before and
reboot the system. It works. Now I go back to my home network without
changing anything in the registry and without rebooting the system. And
it works!!! And I go to the foreign network again without changing
anything at all and it works as well.
In fact, the only time I need to make changes and reboot the system is
the first time the MH visits a foreign network. Every other change of
network is absolutely transparent.

Now my question is:   WHY?

Can anybody explain me why this is happening?
Thanks!

Oscar Louro.