Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Mobile IP implementation for linux 2.2.x (Redhat 6)?

From: Tony McAuley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:05:15 -0400

In particular we are interested in a linux 2.2.x MIP that does not
require FAs.  We have been very happy with the Stanford MosquitoNet
code for 2.0.32, but want to move up to the 2.2.xx kernel

Appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,
        Tony

---

From: Vipul Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:43:04 -0700

You can try:

   http://playground.sun.com/~vgupta/sunlabs-mobileip-new.tar.gz

  In this implementation, the mobile node code periodically
  monitors all UP interfaces and if it finds one configured with
  an address not on its home network, it tries to register that
  as a colocated care-of address.

  If, however, it hears an agent advertisement from a foreign agent
  it will start to use the foreign. This preference is currently
  hardcoded in the code but you should be able to change it easily.
  Let me know if you encounter any problems.

  vipul