Subject: [MOBILE-IP] AAA request

From: Roberts Phil-QA3445 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:11:06 -0500

I received a request from one of the AAA working group chairs.  I'd like to
explain the request, call for comments, and raise a couple of other
questions.

AAA is on the hook to be done with requirements at the upcoming IETF meeting
in November.  They would like to have requirements for support of mobile-ip.
They have a draft:
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-mobile-ip-req-00.txt

The chair asked me whether this document represented a consensus opinion of
the mobile-ip working group.  So I'd like some discussion about whether the
working group thinks this draft presents sufficient requirements for AAA
support for mobile-ip.

This question makes me want to ask a couple of more questions.  We have a
working group item to specify " how Mobile IP should use AAA functionality
to support inter-domain and intra-domain mobility."  So, do we somehow want
to own a "AAA requirements for mobile-ip" document within the working group?
And, if so, what status do we intend it to have?

Phil Roberts
Motorola

---

From: Charles Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 07:50:39 -0700

Hello Phil,

I think that the current draft needs some work.  I hope to make
some revisions and submit a new draft within a week or so, depending
on comments from my co-authors.

> And, if so, what status do we intend it to have?

Is it possible to have the same document go through last call
in both groups?

Regards,
Charlie P.