Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Mobile-IP performance

From: Óscar Louro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 16:36:25 +0200

Hello,

I'd like to know which is, approximately, the percentage of reduction of the transfer rate when transferring data on a foreign network and on the home network...

Thank you,

Oscar Louro.

---

From: Foo Siang Fook <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:15:58 +0800

Hi Oscar,

	We from National University of Singapore have a few sets of TCP
and UDP performance results collected from the NUS MobileIP testbed
conducted using MobileIP RFC2002 protocol and the Regional Aware Foreign
Agent (RAFA) Protocol during handoff. The results will show the effects of
distant registrations, handoff latency and overheads of the MobileIP and
RAFA protocol for even continous handoffs.

	If u are interested in that, maybe u can send me a mail and i will
send u some info on that. Thanks.

regards,
S.F.Foo