Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Release of NUS WinMIP version 0.0.1 alpha (MIP for Windows implementation)

From: Foo Chun Choong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 12:17:24 +0800

Hi,

The Center for Wireless Communications, Singapore and the National
University of Singapore is pleased to announce the release of NUS WinMIP
version 0.0.1 alpha.

NUS WinMIP is an implementation of the Mobile IP protocol on the Windows
operating system. The MN currently works on Windows 95, while the HA and
the FA works on Windows NT 4.0 Workstation.

NUS WinMIP is released under the GNU General Public License, the whole
package consisting of complete source code, binaries and documentation can
be obtained from our web site at http://mip.ee.nus.edu.sg/winmip/
For your convenience, a mirror is also available at
http://skylark.ee.nus.edu.sg

Note that NUS WinMIP version 0.0.1 alpha is a pre-release meant for
developers only, currently not yet suitable for actual real-life
deployment. Plenty of bugs, limitations, hard-codings, poor documentation,
which we hope to resolve in future releases of NUSWinMIP.

Further information about the Center for Wireless Communications can be
obtained from http://www.cwc.nus.edu.sg
Further information about the NUS Mobile IP project can be obtained from
http://mip.ee.nus.edu.sg

Developers and users are greatly encouraged to join the bandwagon in
making this code better.

DISCLAIMER:
ALL CODE, SOFTWARE, PROTOCOLS, AND ARCHITECTURES DEVELOPED BY THE NUS
MOBILE IP PROJECT ARE EXPERIMENTAL AND ARE KNOWN TO HAVE BUGS, SOME OF
WHICH MAY HAVE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES.  THE CENTER FOR WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS,
SINGAPORE (CWC) AND THE NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE (NUS) PROVIDES
THIS SOFTWARE OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY IN ITS ``AS IS'' CONDITION,
AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL CWC AND NUS
BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR
BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE
OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE OR
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
DAMAGE.

Bon apetit,
Foo Chun Choong, [email-masked], [email-masked]
The NUS Mobile IP Project, http://mip.ee.nus.edu.sg
National University of Singapore.