Subject: [MOBILE-IP] DHCP

From: Radha Thothadri <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 18:43:50 -0400

Hi

I have a question about DHCP. I'm implementing Mobile IP to support
mobile hosts. My mobile host gets a DHCP address in a different
network and then comes back to its original IP address in its home
network. The next time I try and get a DHCP address it says that address
is in use

This is the message I get on my log file. Im running Linux.

bind (openSendSocket): Address already in use

When I bring down the DHCP interface and back to my permanent IP address I
do

rm -f /var/run/dhcpcd-cache.eth0 /var/run/dhcpcd-eth0.pid
rm -f /etc/dhcpc/hostinfo*
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup eth0

When I want to up DHCP I do

/sbin/ifconfig eth0 down
   /sbin/dhcpcd

This is when it complains that the address is already in use. Is there any
way to fix this? When I do a reboot to my home IP address and then try
to get the DHCP address it works fine the first time around in
getting the DHCP address. After I get back to my home IP address and I try
to get a DHCP address it complains.

Could somebody please help.

Thanks.

-Radha

________________________________________________________________________
Radha Thothadri
Phone:  (740) 594 8339(H)
        (740) 593 1229(O)