Subject: [MOBILE-IP] MIER 00

From: Mohamed Khalil <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 10:58:22 -0600

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
         directories.

         Title : Mobile IP Extensions Rationalization (MIER)
        Author(s) : M. Khalil, R. Narayanan, E. Qaddoura, H. Akhtar
         Filename : draft-mobileip-mier-00.txt
        Pages : 7
         Date : 24-DEC--99

         It is in the interest of the Mobile IP WG to conserve the
         usage of the type field since we see many drafts proposing
         new extensions for Mobile IP. Therefore there is a real
         need to find ways to limit the usage of the type field in the
         extensions structure. MIER describes a new extensions
         structure to Mobile IP to make the extensions truly
         extensible.

         <<draft-ietf-mobileip-mier-00.txt>>

         Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
        username
         "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging
in,
         type "cd internet-drafts" and then
         "get draft-mkhalil-mobileip-mier-01.txt".

         A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
         http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
         or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

         Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

         Send a message to:
         [email-masked].
         In the body type:
         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mkhalil-mobileip-mier-01.txt".

         NOTE: The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
         how to manipulate these messages.

         Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
         implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
         Internet-Draft.