Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Mobile IP message numbers

From: Jouni Malinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 16:50:37 +0200

On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 04:06:37PM -0800, Gopal Dommety wrote:

> I tried to make sure of that the space does not overlap with the
> RFCs and drafts in last call/under review by IESG. I was hoping that
> everyone does the same. Let me know if a comprehensive list exists
> anywhere.

I have been unable to find a list of the proposed message numbers and
finally decided to compose one myself. I have tried to go through all
the Internet drafts related to Mobile IP, but may have missed some
(corrections and additions are welcome). The list has sections for
Mobile IP message types, extension types (adv & reg), and some of the
flags used in the messages. The list is available at
http://www.cs.hut.fi/Research/Dynamics/mip-numbers.html.

IANA has a list of registered numbers (the ones used in the RFCs) at
http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/mobileip-numbers, but
that does not include most of the numbers used in the drafts. The
numbers have been selected quite liberally to the drafts as there are
quite a few duplications.

--
Jouni Malinen