Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Plane Router Advertisments messages...

From: Cristian Constantin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 11:16:58 +0100

Hello!

I want to ask you something concerning Router Advertisments.

I will present you some scenarios in which there are seen ONLY plane
IRDP messages on the link in a Foreign
Network . (i.e the ICMP Router Advertisments on the link DO NOT contain
any Mobility Extensions!)

a. Say that a MN reaches a net where it sees ICMP Router Advertisments
(IRDP messages) with NO Mobility Extensions.
What should it do?

b. Say that a MN hears a ICMP Router Advertisments (IRDP messages) with
NO Mobility Extensions when it forces a
Router Advertisment with a Router Solicitation Message. What should it
do?

c. I think that there could be cases when on a certain link a MN can
hear BOTH plane IRDP messages AND Mobility Agent Advertisments.
How is such a case to be dealt with?

Thanx a lot,
Cristian