Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Announcement of the Internet Spatial Location Forum

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 15:48:41 +0200

Dear Colleagues:

Internet Spatial Location Forum, a discussion list on IP-related
location issues is now active.

The setting up of the forum is sparked by the huge practical value
and the unreadiness of the spatial location capability for the
Internet. The missing capability becomes even more demanded with
the integration of IP and various network technologies including
cellular and mobile systems. The forum is thus set up after our
discussions with the leaders and some other members of IETF.
It serves as a pre-BOF mailing list for applying a BOF in 47th IETF
to address those location issues. The detailed description can be
found at 'http://www-nrc.nokia.com/ip-location'.

Its immediate goals are: (1) Collect the interests, concerns, and
suggestions on an IP spatial location protocol, (2) Identify the
further requirements of the location protocol, (3) Seek partners
and enthusiasts for the joint effort, (4) Invite volunteers for
their presentations on the location issues, and (5) Prepare the
BOF charter for the location protocol.

In brief, there is now a well-evaluated concept in its pregnancy.
Please add your own influences onto its progress.

To subscribe to the list, just email [email-masked]'
with 'subscribe ext-ip-location' in the mail body. To discuss , just
email the mailing list [email-masked]'. More
information (detailed forum description, mailing list archive, etc.)
can be found at the web page 'http://www-nrc.nokia.com/ip-location'.

Thank you for reading this far! Please forward this mail to anyone
else who may be interested. Please visit the forum's web page and
contribute by sending email to the mailing list. Thanks again!

Yours truly,

Haitao Tang / Eric Brunner