Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Home DHCP Address for MN

From: Cristian Constantin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 15:21:15 +0100

Hello again!

Any draft(s) which addresses the problem of having a roaming MN with a
dynamically
allocated IP Address in the HOME NETWORK?

Anyone cares to give me some hints about how to solve this problem?

Bye
Cristian

---

From: Sandy Thuel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 10:13:46 -0500

Hi Cristian,

 There are several ways to address this problem.  The solution
typically entails the help of Mobile IP to get the dynamically
assigned home address for the roaming MN.  For instance,
when the MN sends a Mobile-IP registration to its HA (with a
missing home address), the HA may trigger the acquisition
of the home address via DHCP, then return the acquired
address in its registration reply to the MN.

 We are working on a document describing, in-depth, a solution
to this problem.  If you're interested in more information, please
contact me directly.

- Sandy Thuel
  Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies
  [email-masked]