Subject: [mobile-ip] Security Requirements Draft

From: "Glenn Morrow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:27:37 -0500

Hello,

In draft,

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-mipv6-scrty-reqts-00
.txt,

there are a list of assumptions detailed in section 1.1. Paraphrased they
are:

1> MN and HA have pre-arranged SA.
2> No pre-arranged SA between MN and CA.

I would like to float another proposed assumption and get feedback on this.

3> That there is some sort of SA (perhaps dynamically created at initial
access) between the ARs and the MN in the visited subnet.

Comments, please.

Glenn

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Sep 2001 20:59:03 +0200

"Glenn Morrow" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 3> That there is some sort of SA (perhaps dynamically created at
> initial access) between the ARs and the MN in the visited subnet.

Probably establishing an AR-MN SA is very much like establishing CN-MN
SA.  Hard to do, so it's probably difficult to assume it already
exists.

Requirement G.1 imposes establishing an SA between AR (acting as HA)
and MN.

Just my oppinion,

Alex