Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] DOUBT!!

From: "Vanijprahba H." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:12:28 +0100

hi Amit,

   I think the router checks the destination network prefix first.  If it is
for its own network then it will decapsulate.  If not, then it will just
forward the next router.  Please double check this as I am very new to this
as well.

Hugh

-----Original Message-----
From: Amit Shakya [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 27 September 2001 07:54
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [mobile-ip] DOUBT!!

hi
I have a doubt regarding the implementation of FA. If a Router has only one
network interface and it advertises that as a care of address via Agent
Advertisement then it will start receiving both normal packets for routing
as well as packets to be decapsulated. Now my question is how will the
Router know whether the packet it is receiving has to be decapsulated and
then forwarded or forward directly ? Is my understanding of FA correct with
regards to this question or am i missing something?
Regards
Amit