Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] New BETH Draft

From: James Kempf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:28:50 -0700 (PDT)

>you dont need such a thing for FMIPv6. if the MN does not respond 
>to the PrxyRtAdv, nothing happens. the oldAR does not start
>forwarding packets to the newAR. the MN moves over to the newAR, 
>sends a router solicitation and gets a router advertisement.
>

Sure. It's only one message but somehow it seems cleaner to not
send it if you don't have to. 

		jak

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:22:42 -0700

> send it if you don't have to.

somehow??? would you care to explain?

it beats having an extra bit in the router solicitation or in the
proxy router solicitation. and the network does not have to store
state which says this mobile node knows FMIPv6.

vijay