Subject: [mobile-ip] IEEE Ad Hoc Wireless Symposium Technical Program

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 13:15:32 -0400 (EDT)

======================================================
IEEE Symposium on Ad Hoc Mobile Wireless Networks

    in conjunction with IEEE GLOBECOM 2001
            San Antonio, Texas, USA

           IEEE Communications Society

                 November 25-29
======================================================
Symposium Registration
  http://www.globecom2001.com/src/Register.shtml

Hotels/Acommodation
  http://www.globecom2001.com/src/Hotels.shtml

Symposium Web Page
  http://www.globecom2001.com/src/S_SAWN2001.shtml
------------------------------------------------------

TECHNICAL PROGRAM

SAW01 Special Session & Opening Address
Monday, November 26, 2001 9:00 am

Opening Address by Symposium Chairman

Invited Distinguished Speakers

  Professor Victor O. K. Li, University of Hong Kong
  Theme: A Reflection of Past Innovative Research in 
         Ad Hoc Networks
  Title: Transmission Range Control in Multihop Packet 
         Radio Networks

  Professor Nick Bambos, Stanford University
  Theme: Power Control for Wireless
  Title: Power Control and Management Issues in Next 
         Generation Wireless Devices and Networks

--------------------------------------------------------
Technical Sessions

---------------------------------
SAW02 Ad Hoc Routing
Monday, November 26, 2001 2:00 pm
---------------------------------
306 SAW02 - 1 LORA: Robust and Simple Routing Algorithms for Wireless
Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
Gunnar Carlsson, Mathematics Department, Stanford University, USA
Mung Chiang, Electrical Engineering Department, Stanford University, USA

564 SAW02 - 2 On Supporting Link Asymmetry in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
Dongkyun Kim, School of Computer Science and Engineering, Seoul National
University, Seou, Korea
Yanghee Choi, School of Computer Science and Engineering, Seoul National
University, Seou, Korea

46 SAW02 - 3 Disjoint Routes for On Demand Routing Protocols in Ad Hoc
Networks
Evangelos Papapetrou, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Fotini-Niovi Pavlidou, AUTh, Greece

1018 SAW02 - 4 Anticipated Route Maintenance (ARM) in Location-Aided
Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
Brian VanVoorst, Honeywell Labs, USA
Seungjin Park, Michigan Technological University, USA

1150 SAW02 - 5 Self Organized Routing in Wide Area Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks
Jean-Yves LeBoudec, Swiss Federal Institute of Techology, Lausanne,
Switzerland
Ljubica Blazevic, Swiss Federal Institute of Techology, Lausanne,
Switzerland
Silvia Giordano, Swiss Federal Institute of Techology, Lausanne,
Switzerland

----------------------------------
SAW03 Power-Aware Protocols
Tuesday, November 27, 2001 9:00 am
----------------------------------
912 SAW03 - 1 Power Control Routing for Multi Hop Wireless Ad-hoc Network
Akira Matsumoto, Information Network Laboratory, Kansai University, Japan
Hiromi Okada, Information Network Laboratory, Kansai University, Japan
Kentaro Tsudaka, Information Network Laboratory, Kansai University, Japan
Masanobu Kawahara, Information Network Laboratory, Kansai University,
Japan

1111 SAW03 - 2 Performance of a very Low Power Wireless Protocol
Hwa Chang, Tufts University, USA
Joshua L. Jabs, US Air Force, USA
Robert Tingley, Draper Lab, USA

1276 SAW03 - 3 Power-Aware Fair Infrastructure Formation for Wireless
Mobile Ad Hoc Communications
Ahmed M. Safwat, Queen's University, Canada
Hossam S. Hassanein, Queen's University, Canada
Hussein T. Mouftah, Queen's University, Canada

1475 SAW03 - 4 A Location-aided Power-aware Routing Protocol in Mobile Ad
Hoc Networks
Baochun Li, University of Toronto, Canada
Yuan Xue, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA

1519 SAW03 - 5 Location Aided Broadcast in Wireless Ad hoc Networks
Min-Te Sun, Department of Computer and Information Science, The Ohio
State University, USA
Ten-Hwang Lai, Department of Computer and Information Science, The Ohio
State University, USA
Wuchi Feng, Department of Computer and Information Science, The Ohio
State University, USA

----------------------------------
SAW04 TCP & Bluetooth
Tuesday, November 27, 2001 2:00 pm
----------------------------------
292 SAW04 - 1 Revealing TCP Incompatibility Problem in 802.11-based
Wireless Multi-hop Networks
Shugong Xu, Dept. EE, City College, USA
Tarek Saadawi, Dept. EE, City College, USA

878 SAW04 - 2 ENIC - An Improved Reliable Transport Scheme for Mobile Ad
Hoc Networks
Dong Sun, STEVENS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, USA
Hong Man, STEVENS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, USA

813 SAW04 - 3 Interference Aware Bluetooth Packet Scheduling
Issam Elbakkouri, NIST, USA
Nada Golmie, NIST, USA
Nicolas Chevrollier, NIST, USA

883 SAW04 - 4 A Bluetooth Scatternet Formation Algorithm
Ching Law, M.I.T., USA
Kai-Yeung Siu, M.I.T., USA

124 SAW04 - 5 Piconet Interference Modeling and Performance Evaluation of
Bluetooth MAC Protocol
Carlos de Morais Cordeiro, UFPE - Universidade Federal de Pernambuco,
Brazil
Dharma P. Agrawal, Center for Distributed and Mobile Computing,
University of Cincinnati, USA
Djamel Fawzi Hadj Sadok, UFPE - Universidade Federal de Pernambuco,
Brazil

----------------------------------
SAW05 MAC for Ad Hoc
Wednesday, November 28, 20 9:00 am
----------------------------------

076 SAW05 - 1 Performance Analysis of Multihop Packet CDMA Cellular
Networks
Ali Nabi Zadeh, George Mason University, USA
Bijan Jabbari, George Mason University, USA
Bijan Jabbari, George Mason University, USA

1097 SAW05 - 2 Adaptive Acquisition Collision Avoidance Multiple Access
for Multihop Ad Hoc Wireless Networks
Akira Fukuda, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Shizuoka Univ., Japan
Jian-dong Li, Information Science Institute and National Key Lab. of ISN,
Xidian Univ., China
Kai Liu, National Key Lab. of ISN and Information Science Institute,
Xidian Univ., China

1257 SAW05 - 3 Traffic Sensitive MAC Algorithms in Multi-hop Radio
Networks
Oscar Manuel Somarriba Jarqu, National University of Engineering (UNI),
Nicaragua

471 SAW05 - 4 Space-Time Division Multiple Access (STDMA) and
Coordinated, Power-Aware MACA for Mobile Ad-hoc Networks
Konstantinos Gus Amouris, Renaissance Wireless, USA

457 SAW05 - 5 An Adaptive MAC Protocol for Wireless Ad Hoc Community
Network (WACNet) Using Electronically Steerable Passive Array Radiator
Antenna
Kazuo Hasuike, ATR Adaptive Communications Research Laboratory, Japan
Koichi Gyoda, ATR Adaptive Communications Research Laboratory, Japan
Shingo Horisawa, ATR Adaptive Communications Research Laboratory, Japan
Somprakash Bandyopadhyay, ATR Adaptive Communications Research
Laboratory, Japan

----------------------------------
SAW06 QoS Issues
Wednesday, November 28, 20 2:00 pm
----------------------------------
827 SAW06 - 1 Supporting QoS Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks using
Probabilistic Locality and Load Balancing
Ehab Elmallah, Department of Computing Science, U. of Alberta, Canada
Hosam AboElFotoh, Department of Math. and Computing Science, Kuwait
Hossam Hassanein, Department of Computing and Information Science,
Queen's University, Canada

1159 SAW06 - 2 Impact of Interferences on Bandwidth Reservation for Ad
Hoc Networks: a First Theoretical Study
Bertet Karell, L3I/Universit de La Rochelle, France
Guerin lassous Isabelle, INRIA/ENS Lyon, France
Viennot Laurent, INRIA Rocquencourt, France

420 SAW06 - 3 Resource Allocation for QoS Provisioning in Wireless Ad Hoc
Networks
Daniel ONeill, Stanford University, USA
David Jonathan Julian, Stanford University, USA
Mung Chiang, Stanford University, USA
Steven Boyd, Stanford University, USA

530 SAW06 - 4 A Low Power Protocol to Broadcast Real-time Data Traffic in
a Clustered Ad Hoc Network
Juan Carlos Cano, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Spain
Pietro Manzoni, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Spain

831 SAW06 - 5 Phase Transition Phenomena in Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks
Bhaskar Krishnamachari, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
Cornell University, USA
Ramon Bejar, Department of Computer Science, Cornell University, USA
Stephen B. Wicker, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Cornell
University, USA 

----------------------------------
SAW07 Systems, Protocols, Services
Wednesday, November 28, 20 2:00 pm
----------------------------------
416 SAW07 - 1 Ad Hoc Positioning System (APS)
Badri Nath, Rutgers University, USA
Dragos Niculescu, Rutgers University, USA

575 SAW07 - 2 Optimal Threshold Energy Level of Energy Efficient MAC for
Energy-limited Ad-hoc Networks
Dong-Ho Cho, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST),
Korea
Kyu-Tae Jin, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST),
Korea

1376 SAW07 - 3 Weighted Hierarchical Backoff Algorithm for Wireless
Ad-hoc Networks
Timucin Ozugur, Alcatel Research and Innovation Center, USA

1432 SAW07 - 4 Low Power Distributed MAC for Ad Hoc Sensor Radio Networks
Chunlong Guo, Berkeley Wireless Research Center, USA
Jan Rabaey, Berkeley Wireless Research Center, USA
Lizhi Charlie Zhong, Berkeley Wireless Research Center, USA

1008 SAW07 - 5 A Fully Distributed Mediator Based Service Location
Protocol in Ad Hoc Networks
Fleury Eric, LORIA INRIA, France
Koubaa Hend, LORIA INRIA, France

----------------------------------------------------------------------------