Subject: [mobile-ip] MOBILE IP TECHNOLOGY

From: Dona A Gibbons <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:29:48 -0500 (CDT)

I am a student working on trying to understand what Mobile IP is.  I found
a lot of technical data, but this information does not really answer the
question I have about Mobile IP Technology.  I am not concern with the
technical side right not just trying to get a picture of Mobile IP.
Listed below is the questions I am seeking to answer and where to find
these answers.

What is Mobile IP?
Where did Mobile IP evolved from?
What is drive the need for Mobile IP?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Mobile IP?
What progress has been made?
What challenges Mobile IP has to overcome?
Who is working on or behind Mobile IP?
What is the future of Mobile IP?
What applications will be using Mobile IP or developing Mobile IP?

My goal is to understand Mobile IP Technology and to give a Technology
Presentation for a class.  I am not concern about the technical side just
yet which may be use at later date.  Just looking for the Technology side
and understand the Technology.

Thank you for your time and help.
Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Mr. Dona A.C. Gibbons
HomePage - http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~gibboda
Music Playground Project - http://www.auburn.edu/~gibboda