Subject: [mobile-ip] CNDS 2002 (FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS)

From: "A. Bruce McDonald" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 01:05:05 -0400 (EDT)

FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS

			       CNDS'2002

		    Submission Deadline: Sept 21, 2001
 		 (submissions accepted via ftp or email)		
	
   	        (Check web site for any last minute changes)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
	Please Accept Our Sincere Apologies Should you Receive 

                      Multiple Copies of this CFP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

  The Society for Modeling and Simulation International (SCS) presents:

             COMMUNICATION NETWORKS AND DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS
                   MODELING AND SIMULATION CONFERENCE
                                  2002

   Part of the 2002 SCS Western Multiconference on Computer Simulation

                          January 27-31, 2002

                Four Points Sheraton Hotel, Riverwalk North
                           San Antonio, Texas

                   Keynote Address by Dr. Erol Gelenbe
       Professor of Computer Science and of Electrical Engineering, 
                    Director of the School of EECS and
Associate Dean of Engineering at the University of Central Florida in Orlando.

       Please Visit the Conference Web Site for Additional Information

	          http://www.ece.neu.edu/conf/CNDS/2002/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Original, high-quality technical papers, addressing significant
aspects of the design, modeling, or performance analysis of communication
networks and distributed systems are solicited for review, possible
presentation and subsequent publication in the conference proceedings. 
Papers that include well-conceived or innovative simulation modeling
techniques with strong results and analysis are especially sought.

Papers are solicited from not limited to the following topics:

	* Performance Modeling and Analysis 	
	* Mobile and Nomadic Computing 
	* Distributed and Wireless Multimedia Systems  
	* QoS Support for Wireless Ad Hoc Network Applications
	* Routing and Mobility Management in Wireless Networks
	* Power Control in Wireless Computer Systems
	* Distributed and Intelligent Sensor Networks
	* Wearable Computer Systems		
	* Resource Allocation in High Speed Networks
	* Switch and Processor Architectures for High Speed Routers
	* Advances in Computer Architecture and Memory Systems
        * Network and Parallel Computing
	* Storage Area Networks		
	* Content Based Image Retrieval Systems
	* Real-Time and Mobile Web-Based Computing
	* Reliable Multicast Routing and Group Communications  
	* Network and Application Security and Availability                
	* Web Caching and Switching 
        * Scalable and Reliable Distributed Servers
        * Load Balancing in Distributed Systems 

IMPORTANT DATES:

September 21, 2001		Paper Submission Deadline.
October   31, 2001		(Approx) Acceptance Notification.
November  21, 2001		Camera Ready Paper (Hard) Deadline.

KEYNOTE ADDRESS:

In addition to the regular technical sessions we are very pleased to 
announce that Prof. Erol Gelenbe will present the keynote address at 
CNDS 2002. Prof. Gelenbe's research interests cover intelligent
network protocols, computer performance analysis, artificial neural
networks and image processing. His recent applied work has included 
adaptive routing in the OSI protocol stack, search algorithms in
information environments, enhanced reality, and video compression. 
Please see the web site for additional information.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS:

**NOTICE: Due to problems experienced by many international authors in the
anonymous ftp process, authors may email their manuscripts directly to
the Program Chair: [email-masked]

Authors are requested to submit manuscripts electronically to the Program
Chair by 11:00 pm (Eastern Time) of the due date via Anonymous ftp  
directly: ftp.ece.neu.edu:/pub/conf/CNDS/2002/Submissions. Papers can
also be uploaded using the Web Site: www.ece.neu.edu/conf/CNDS/2002/.
Email is an acceptable (alternative) mechanism for submission of your
manuscripts.  Mail to: [email-masked] (Subject: CNDS Submission).

     ***The preferred electronic format is PDF***

Papers must be in English and submitted files must be in Postscript or PDF
format with all figures and tables included. Files names must be unique
and reflect the name of the primary author, his or her primary
affiliation, the version number of the file and an extension indicating
the file type. Multiple versions may be uploaded; however, only the most
recent will be reviewed. Filenames are not readable once the file transfer
has been completed. Confirmations will be sent to the contact author when
the file has been retrieved and successfully viewed or printed. Only
original unpublished material will be considered for publication.

This year's International TPC is outstanding. Its members represent a
broad spectrum of interrelated interests and technical expertise relevent
to CNDS including performance analysis, simulation, communications
networks, both wired and wireless, mobile computing, computer 
architecture, distributed systems and more. The TPC consists of newcomers
and veterans of CNDS from Universities and Research Labs around the
world. Each member is committed to ensure that all submissions are fully
refereed for accuracy, technical content, and relevance, and to make this
year's conference an exciting International forum for the presentation of
high quality work and the exchange of ideas. Papers should be limited to
20 double-spaced pages (camera-ready versions are limited to 6
single-spaced pages). Authors must include a single page which includes
all the authors' names, titles and affiliations, a paper abstract, list of
top three relevant topics and contact person information (complete
address, email, phone, and fax). Accepted papers will appear in the
Conference's Proceedings to be published by the Society for Computer
Simulation. Instructions for submitting camera ready papers will be sent
to authors following paper acceptance. An award will be presented to the
best paper presented at WMC'02. Authors of top papers will also be
encouraged to submit a follow-on paper to the International Journal in
Computer Simulation. Authors must obtain employer, client, or government
releases prior to submittal of the final manuscript.

Please do not hesitate to contact the Program Chair, Prof. McDonald via
email ([email-masked]), or telephone ((617) 373-3028) with any
questions concerning the paper submission and review process, or questions
regarding the relevance of a paper to the conference. 

   General Chair                       Program Chair 

Dr. Taieb F. Znati                 Prof. A. Bruce McDonald
Senior Program Director            Dept. of Electrical and Computer Eng.
National Science Foundation        417 Dana Research Center
ANIR and  			   Northeastern University
Computer Science Department        360 Huntington Avenue
University of Pittsburgh           Boston, MA 15221
Pittsburgh, PA 15260               U.S.A.
U.S.A.      

Phone:  +1(412)624-8417            Phone:  +1(617)328-3028
FAX:    +1(412)624-8854            FAX:    +1(617)328-8970
E_Mail: [email-masked]          E_Mail: [email-masked]

Please visit the conference Web Site for up-to-date information and to see
a list of the distinguished  members of the International Technical
Program Commmittee: 

	    http://www.ece.neu.edu/conf/CNDS/2002/

--------------------------------------------------------
A. Bruce McDonald	f:617.373.8970
Assistant Prof.		v:617.373.3028
ECE Dept., 417 Dana     [email-masked]
360 Huntington Ave.     www.ece.neu.edu/faculty/mcdonald	
Northeastern University
Boston, MA 02115        
--------------------------------------------------------