Subject: [mobile-ip] MIPv6 BA is response to BU with life time 0

From: Gerlich Notker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 14:47:55 +0200

Hi all,

when experimenting with different HA implementations we came upon the problem where to send the BA to in response to a BU with life time zero:
- to the source address of the BU ?
  The CoA may be no longer valid which has been the reason for sendindg the BU.
- the home address ?

We saw both possibilities implemented in different HA implementations.
Should a clarification be added to the draft?

Notker
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Notker Gerlich                         Siemens AG
                                                     Phone: +49-(0)-89-722-61557
Radio Network Concepts              Fax    : +49-(0)-89-722-55995
ICM N MR ST 10                           mailto:[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important Note: This e-mail  may contain trade secrets or privileged, 
undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received 
this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or 
distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and
 destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:41:55 -0700 (PDT)

Please see the thread "[mobile-ip] Mobile IPv6 draft revision".  This is the 
latest discussion on that thread.

alper

> X-Authentication-Warning: sunroof.eng.sun.com: majordomo set sender to 
[email-masked] using -f
> To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [mobile-ip] MIPv6 BA is response to BU with life time 0
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> List-Archive: <http://playground.sun.com/mobile-ip/>
> List-Owner: <mailto:[email-masked]>
> List-Subscribe: <mailto:[email-masked]?body=subscribe>
> List-Unsubscribe: 
<mailto:[email-masked]?body=unsubscribe>
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> when experimenting with different HA implementations we came upon the problem 
> Should a clarification be added to the draft?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
> ICM N MR ST 10                           mailto:[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
>  destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

alper