Subject: [mobile-ip] Any pointer on mobile ip simulators

From: "Kota, Ravikumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:26:57 -0500

Hi all,

Can anybody help me to get some light about simulators available for mobile
ip and required equipment to run them.

Thansk alot
Ravikumar Kota

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 12:38:46 +0900 (JST)

Well, you better use NS-2, it's free, you only need a PC (Linux,
Solaris), and most published papers have run simulations using NS.

Mobile IPv4 has been contributed to NS-2 a long time ago and is part
of the official distribution.  See ns-2 web page:
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/

As for Mobile IPv6, I have contributed code (called MobiWan), but it's
not part of the official distribution yet.  It is designed with NS-2
version b6. See my web page about MobiWan:
http://www.inrialpes.fr/planete/pub/mobiwan/ Be aware that it comes
with no guarantees and that some people that tried to use it had many
difficultites to make it run, and even to compile it.  I think recent
compilers don't compile my code.  Though, it compiles and run
perfectly on my Solaris OS, with a not-too-recent compiler, for my own
simulations.

Depending on my availability, I may port the code to the
current version of NS-2 (b9), so that it becomes an official part of
the distribution.

Hope this helps,
Thierry - WIDE Project.