Subject: [mobile-ip] IP address of new access router

From: Thomas Heinis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:40:32 +0100

Hi all,
I have got some problems concerning the Mobile Determined Handover
described in draft 3 for Fast Handovers for Mobile IPv6. The MN sends a
Router Solicitation for Proxy message to the old access router
containing the link local address of the new access router. After that,
the old access router is supposed to send a Handover Initiation to the
new access router. Wherefrom does the old access router know the IP
address of the new access router(unless NAR is a neighbour of the OAR)?
The OAR only has the link local address of NAR sent by MN in the Router
Solicitation for Proxy.
Furthermore I don't really see wherefrom OAR has the prefix information
about NAR it should send back to the MN in the Proxy Router
Advertisement?

Please forgive me if this is the wrong mailing list or if these
questions have already been discussed(I've had a look at the archives
but didn't find anything).

Regards

Thomas

---

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:43:13 -0800

Thomas,

The oldAR can have a static table that maps L2 address of other
ARs in the same domain to their IP addresses and the associated
prefixes.

Or, one can come up with a dynamic discovery protocol to do that,
as Govind mentioned being discussed at seamoby.

alper