Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] IP address of new access router

From: "Govind Krishnamurthi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:30:34 -0500

Thomas,
The issue of identifying the AR for handover is being discussed
in the Seamoby WG as part of CAR discovery.
Regards,
Govind.

>Hi all,
>I have got some problems concerning the Mobile Determined Handover
>described in draft 3 for Fast Handovers for Mobile IPv6. The MN sends a
>Router Solicitation for Proxy message to the old access router
>containing the link local address of the new access router. After that,
>the old access router is supposed to send a Handover Initiation to the
>new access router. Wherefrom does the old access router know the IP
>address of the new access router(unless NAR is a neighbour of the OAR)?
>The OAR only has the link local address of NAR sent by MN in the Router
>Solicitation for Proxy.
>Furthermore I don't really see wherefrom OAR has the prefix information
>about NAR it should send back to the MN in the Proxy Router
>Advertisement?
>
>Please forgive me if this is the wrong mailing list or if these
>questions have already been discussed(I've had a look at the archives
>but didn't find anything).
>
>Regards
>
>Thomas
>

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx