Subject: [mobile-ip] Consensus call - MIPv4 interopration with NATs/VPNs

From: "Patil Basavaraj (NET/Dallas)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 17:59:10 -0600

In London a design team was formed to investigate the problem of
Mobile IPv4 interoperation with NATs and VPNs.  At the time there
was a clear constituency in the working group that having a solution
to NAT traversal was important.  It was less clear to the 
chairs that there was a clear interest in the working group for a
specification of the operation of Mobile IPv4 across VPN gateways.  To
that end  we propose that the following draft:
draft-levkowetz-vaarala-mobileip-nat-traversal-00.txt
(the output of the design team) be made into a working group item for
progression on the Standards Track.  Please let us know in the next
few days if you object to this.
 
We would also like to hear feedback from the working group on
whether there is a perceived need for a solution to Mobile IPv4
interoperation with VPN gateways.

WG Chairs

---

From: Joe Lau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:17:45 -0800 (PST)

> interoperation with VPN gateways.

Yes.  I should include Mobile IPv4 interoperation with VPN gateways
as a WG item as well.

Joe Lau