Subject: [mobile-ip] IPv4 regional registration

From: "Alan O'Neill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 02:11:54 -0400

Reg Tun Authors,

My detailed review of MIP Reg Tunneling has only just been completed and I
have included a couple of issues and suggestions in the following draft
which was submitted today.

Modifications to Regional Tunneling
<draft-oneill-mip-regtun-mods-00.txt>

In summary, I would like to see the Home Registration made more generic and
powerful so that it can deal with disparate addressing plans between FA-GFA,
and GFA-HA, to support dynamic HA allocation, and to generalise the
extension names. This is to ensure the Home Registration can be used to
route through a broader range of topologies and hierarchical MIP elements
both related and unrelated to the Regional Registration requirements. The
Regional Registration to the GFA is then left as the GFA specific messaging,
alongside the GFA requirements for the processing and forwarding of the Home
Registration.

I hope that these changes do not compromise any of your requirements nor
adversely affect any commercial dependencies on the progression of the
RegTun spec.

Regards,  Alan.