Subject: [mobile-ip] Mobihoc 2002: Early Registration Deadline Approaching!

From: MobiHoc 2002 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:04:09 -0700 (PDT)

Please note: The early registration deadline is *April 22nd*.
Register now to guarantee the reduced registration fee!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

                ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
                                   
                             MobiHoc 2002
               The Third ACM International Symposium on
                Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing
                                   
                        Lausanne, Switzerland
                           June 9-11, 2002
                                   
              http://www.acm.org/sigmobile/mobihoc/2002/

      Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE  http://www.acm.org/sigmobile/

MobiHoc 2002 is the third of a series of annual meetings sponsored by
ACM SIGMOBILE, focusing on the latest research in the rapidly growing
area of mobile ad hoc networking and computing.  The first MobiHoc was
held in 2000 in Boston, Massachusetts, as a workshop affiliated with the
MobiCom conference also sponsored by SIGMOBILE.  Since then, MobiHoc has
become a separate symposium, held in 2001 in Long Beach, California, and
now in 2002 in Lausanne, Switzerland.  Topics of interest include all
areas of mobile and wireless ad hoc networking (above the physical
layer), ad hoc computing, and sensor networks.

PAPERS:

There will be approximately seven technical paper sessions on a wide
range of ad hoc networking topics.  The list of accepted papers can be
found at http://www.acm.org/sigmobile/mobihoc/2002/program.html. Paper
topics include routing, sensor networks, scalability, multicast,
energy consumption, TCP, and priority scheduling.

POSTERS:

There will also be a poster session, describing innovative and recent
research on ad hoc networks.

TUTORIALS:

This year there is a new component to MobiHoc: technical tutorials.
On June 9th there will be two tutorials.  "Design and Modeling of
Medium Access Control Protocols for Wireless Ad Hoc Networks" will be
held in the morning, and "Routing & Multicasting in Ad hoc Networks"
will be held in the afternoon.

HOTEL and REGISTRATION:

Hotel information is currently available on-line, and the symposium
is open for registration.  Register by April 22, 2002 to get the
early registration rates.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Early Registration Deadline:            April 22, 2002
Tutorials:                              June 9, 2002
Conference:                             June 10-11, 2002

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Please visit the MobiHoc 2002 Home Page at
http://www.acm.org/sigmobile/mobihoc/2002/ or send email to
[email-masked] for any questions or for more information about
the symposium.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:

General Chair

  Jean-Pierre Hubaux
  EPFL (CH)
  [email-masked]

Program Co-Chairs

  J.J. Garcia-Luna-Aceves              David B. Johnson
  Univ. California, Santa Cruz (US)    Rice University (US)
  [email-masked]                       [email-masked]

Tutorials Co-Chairs

  Adam Wolisz                          Mario Gerla
  Technical Univ. of Berlin (DE)       Univ. California, Los Angeles (US)
  [email-masked]               [email-masked]

Finance Chair                        Local Arrangements Chair

  Rachid Guerraoui                     Silvia Giordano
  EPFL (CH)                            EPFL (CH)
  [email-masked]             [email-masked]

Publicity Chair                      Publication Chair

  Elizabeth M. Belding-Royer           Robin Kravets
  Univ. Calif., Santa Barbara (US)     Univ. Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (US)
  [email-masked]                 [email-masked]
 
Registration Chair
  Srdjan Capkun
  EPFL (CH)
  [email-masked]

Steering Committee

  Andrew T. Campbell                   Charles E. Perkins
  J.J. Garcia-Luna-Aceves              Ram Ramanathan
  Mario Gerla                          Martha Steenstrup
  Joseph P. Macker                     Nitin H. Vaidya

ACM Program Director

  Ginger Ignatoff

---------------------------------------------------------------------------