Subject: [mobile-ip] Reg with FA COA

From: Sivasundar Ramamurthy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:34:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

RFC3220 says that a MN registering with a FA COA MUST send the
registration request to the IP source of the advertisement. If the FA
is multihomed and advertises multiple COAs, there is a possibility
that the MN sends the request to an interface that is different
from the COA.

From what I have read in the RFC, it appears that it is okay for the
FA to use the same interface to forward the request, instead of the
COA requested. Am I correct? If so, is the FA-HA auth ext
created/authenticated using the SA between the COA and the HA, or the
forwarding address and the HA?

Hope my questions make sense :-)

thanks,

Siva

---

From: "Fredrik Johansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:50:52 +0200

Hi Siva,

You have a point here, and the same applies to the problem you brought up
with a FA setting the 'R'-bit in its advertisements, the mobile will
register with the FA and the FA will send the request to the HA, but between
what addresses will the FA-HA auth ext be used, the co-located CoA that
recides on the MN or the source address of the FA?

I believe that this should be clarified in 3220
/Fredrik

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked]
>[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Sivasundar
>Ramamurthy
>Sent: den 16 april 2002 22:34
>To: Mobile IP Working Group
>Subject: [mobile-ip] Reg with FA COA
>
>
>Hello,
>