Subject: [mobile-ip] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-johansson-mip-aaa-nai-00.txt

From: Phil Roberts <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:05:41 -0500

Hi folks,

there was a request about this I forwarded to the list on Mar 23.  It
addresses
a real problem that needs to be solved from the AAA working group.  I
propose we
make this a WG draft, review it, and plan to go to working group last call
for
proposed standard right away.  The AAA folks have a dependency on it.

Comments?
Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 7:16 AM
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-johansson-mip-aaa-nai-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: AAA NAI for Mobile IPv4 Extension
	Author(s)	: T. Johansson
	Filename	: draft-johansson-mip-aaa-nai-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 29-Mar-02
	
When a mobile node moves between two foreign networks it has to be
reauthenticated.  If the home network has multiple AAA servers the
reauthentication request may not be received by the same AAAH as previous
authentication requests. In order for the new AAAH to be able to forward the
request to the correct HA it has to know the identity of the HA.  This
document defines an extension that enables the HA to pass its identity to
the mobile node which can in turn pass it to the AAA server when changing
point of attachment.  This document specifies a NAI extension that can carry
these NAIs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johansson-mip-aaa-nai-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in, type
"cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-johansson-mip-aaa-nai-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-johansson-mip-aaa-nai-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 09:45:51 -0500

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 09:49:04 -0800

Agree.

            jak