Subject: [mobile-ip] draft-ietf-mobileip-nat-traversal-02.txt

From: "Henrik Levkowetz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 18:18:41 +0200

Hi,

	I've just submitted a new version of the MIPv4 NAT traversal draft.
Thanks to Milind Kulkarni, whose questions prompted several of the clarifications
incorporated in this version.

Until officially announced, it is available at

http://www.levkowetz.com/pub/id/draft-ietf-mobileip-nat-traversal-02.txt

There is also an unpaginated version marked with changebars from the -01
draft to the -02 draft available as

http://www.levkowetz.com/pub/id/changes-draft-ietf-mobileip-nat-traversal-01..2.txt 

The changes are:

	- Added a clarification in 3.1.1 regarding the behaviour of an MN
	  which receives an answer from a HA which does not support NAT
	  traversal

	- Added references to other sections in section 3.1.2 which introduces
	  the 'R' flag of the UDP Tunnel Request Extension

	- Added a clarifying 'always' in the first para of section 3.2

	- Reworded description of 'F' flag in section 3.2, to make it clearer

	- Changed SHOULD to MUST for the format of keepalive messages used with
	  'R' bit registrations (co-located care-of address registered through
	  an FA) in section 4.4

	- Added a restriction on sending UDP Tunnel Request Extension in the 'R'
	  bit case as last para of section 4.4

	- Added restrictions on the HA when setting up the forward tunnel in the
	  'R' bit case

	- Added a clarification to the last error case in section 4.6.1

	- Added a section 4.10 with background material for the 'R' bit case. 

	- Added a paragraph to the Security Considerations regarding the forward
	  tunnel setup in the 'R' bit case.

	- Fixed some typos

	Regards,
		Henrik

-- 

Henrik Levkowetz +46708321608 [email-masked] www.ipunplugged.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Ah! this azure sky!
  The colour makes my heart jump
  and my spirit fly.