Subject: [mobile-ip] CFP: Workshop on Wireless Security (in conjunction with MobiCom 2002)

From: "G. Noubir" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:15:57 -0400

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
         Please Accept Our Sincere Apologies Should you Receive

                       Multiple Copies of this CFP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

			Call for Papers

               Workshop on Wireless Security (WiSe)

		      in conjunction with
                        ACM MobiCom 2002

                       September 28, 2002
		     Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.

		http://www.crhc.uiuc.edu/~nhv/wise

		 Sponsored by SIGMOBILE (pending)

A workshop on Wireless Security will be held in conjunction with
ACM MobiCom 2002. The objective of this workshop is to bring together
researchers from research communities in wireless networking,
security, and dependability, with the goal of fostering interaction among
them. With the increasing reliance on wireless networks, issues related to
secure and dependable operation of such networks are gaining importance.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

	* Key management in wireless/mobile environments
	* Intrusion detection
	* Secure MAC protocols
	* Secure routing
	* Denial of service
	* Privacy and anonymity
	* Prevention of traffic analysis
	* Dependable wireless networking
	* Monitoring and surveillance
	* Disaster response

Paper submission instructions:

         Submission of papers based on work-in-progress is encouraged.
        	Submitted papers must not be previously published elsewhere or
         currently under review for any other publication. Please direct
         any questions about the paper submission process to the Program
         Co-Chairs.

	All paper submissions will be handled electronically. Authors should
         prepare a PostScript or Portable Document Format (PDF) version of
         their paper.

         Papers must meet the following restrictions: No longer
         than 10 pages (single or double column); in font no smaller than
         11 points; must fit properly on US Letter-sized paper
         (8.5 inch x 11 inch) with reasonable margins.

	Instructions for electronic submission of papers will be posted
	at http://www.crhc.uiuc.edu/~nhv/wise/submission.html.

Important dates:

	Paper submissions due: May 20, 2002

         Notification of acceptance: July 5, 2002

	Camera-ready papers due: July 31, 2002

	Workshop date: September 28, 2002

Workshop Co-Chairs:

	* Douglas Maughan, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
			([email-masked])
	* Nitin Vaidya, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
			([email-masked])

Program Committee:

	Yair Amir, Johns Hopkins University
	Pete Dinsmore, NAI
	Chip Elliott, BBN Technologies
	Zygmunt Haas, Cornell University
	Jean-Pierre Hubaux, EPFL-Lausanne
	David B. Johnson, Rice University
	Douglas Maughan, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (co-chair)
	Brian Noble, University of Michigan
	Ranga Ramanujan, Architecture Technology Corporation
	Frank Stajano, University of Cambridge
	Brian Van Leeuwen, Sandia National Laboratories
	Nitin Vaidya, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (co-chair)
	Wei Zhao, Texas A&M University
	Taieb Znati, National Science Foundation, and University of Pittsburgh

Publicity Co-Chairs:

	Mohsen Guizani, University of West Florida
	Guevara Noubir, Northeastern University

Publication Chair:

	Saad Biaz, Auburn University

Registration Chair:

	Robin Kravets, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign