Subject: [mobile-ip] RFC3012bis clarification

From: "Madhavi W. Chandra" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 12:25:36 -0400

Hi Charlie and Pat,

Please clarify...

In Section 3.2, it says...

"If the Challenge extension is not removed, it MUST precede the
Foreign-Home Authentication extension."

Is this mandating that the challenge extension be protected by the FHAE,
or is it mandating the order of the extensions? 

Since the following is written in Section 3.4 (HA Processing)...

'The Challenge Extension MUST be placed after the Mobile-Home
   authentication extension, and the *extension SHOULD be authenticated
   by a Foreign-Home Authentication extension*.'

Since the FHAE is a SHOULD from HA processing...Section 3.2 is probably
refering to the ordering of the extensions.

Maybe the text can be clarified to avoid any confusion.

Thanks,
Madhavi

---

From: Charlie Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 10:06:13 -0700

Hello Madhavi,

"Madhavi W. Chandra" wrote:

>                     .................

How about:
    "If the Challenge extension is not removed, it MUST precede the
    Foreign-Home Authentication extension (if present)."

Regards,
Charlie P.

---

From: "Madhavi W. Chandra" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:17:53 -0400

Hi Charlie,

Looks good...easy fix...and much clearer.

Regards,
Madhavi