Subject: [mobile-ip] MobiCom CFPosters

From: "Lee, Sung Ju" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:52:13 -0700

ACM MobiCom 2002: Call for Student Posters!
http://www.acm.org/sigmobile/mobicom/2002/cfp/posters.html

ACM MobiCom 2002 is the eighth annual conference sponsored by ACM
SIGMOBILE dedicated to addressing new challenges in mobile computing
and networking. The MobiCom 2002 conference solicits student posters
describing new and noteworthy research contributions to the field of mobile
computing and networking.

Student Posters: The conference solicits student posters that
highlight recent and on-going research by students on mobile computing
topics.  Areas of interest include those that are listed on the
technical paper call for papers, which can be found at
http://www.acm.org/sigmobile/mobicom/2002/cfp/.  Proposals should be a
maximum of TWO pages in length and, while they don't need to describe
completed work, the work should be advanced beyond the initial
stages. The first author of all poster submissions must be a
student. Poster abstracts will not be published in the proceedings but
will instead be published on the web before the conference. Poster
submissions will be reviewed. Authors of accepted papers must not
submit a poster of the work they present in the conference.

Submissions should be sent by email to Elizabeth Belding-Royer
([email-masked]) by July 15, 2002.

Why should you submit a poster?

  This is a great chance for students to obtain interesting and
valuable feedback on on-going work from a knowledgeable crowd at the
conference.

What is a poster?

  A poster is a 1 meter x 1.25 meter rectangular board on which you
can affix visually appealing material that describes your
research. How you use this is up to you: you may choose to print out
several 8.5"x11" or A4 sheets of paper (e.g., paper copies of
overheads) and "tile" the poster board with these pages. Or, you may
choose to print a single large sheet of paper describing the work and
attach that to the poster board. You may bring your own poster boards
if you like. Several document companies like Kinko's produce
professional-looking posters from material produced on software like
Powerpoint; you may want to use such a facility.

  You should prepare the best material (visually appealing and
succinct) that effectively communicates your research problem,
techniques, and results.

What, when, and where to submit?

  If you are a student and are interested in this, then submit the
following by July 15, 2002 by email to Elizabeth Belding-Royer
([email-masked]):

  1. A maximum TWO page description (in either postscript, txt, or pdf
format only!) describing the research to be presented in the
poster. Include the title, authors, and institutional affiliations.

  2. A draft of the poster material (either multiple "tiles" or a
single sheet of paper), in pdf or postscript format.  Include the
title, authors, and institutional affiliations.

  Send your submission in one email message with the two parts.

We will select approximately 20 of the most interesting and
thought-provoking posters by August 7, 2002 and notify all contact
authors.  More details will be sent at that time.

Student Posters Co-Chairs:
  Elizabeth Belding-Royer, UC Santa Barbara
                           [email-masked]
  Sung-Ju Lee, Hewlett Packard Laboratories
               [email-masked]