Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] Draft Agenda for MIP WG @ IETF54

From: "Hongyi Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:57:31 -0400

Hi Ohta-san,
  Apart from intra-WLAN handoff, I do see some value of using two active
transceivers to smooth handoffs especially in Inter-technology handoffs
such as CDMA2000<->WLAN and UMTS<->WLAN or some new radio technologies
like Flash-OFDM. Then, could you please highlight what exactly do you
want to standardize and what change is required to existing MIP protocols or
MIP can support it by nature.

Thanks

Hongyi

---

From: Masataka Ohta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 01:38:40 +0859 ()

Hongyi;

> Hi Ohta-san,

Hi,

> like Flash-OFDM.

Good point. We actually experimentalily using handover between
PHS (in Japan, there is a nation-wide flat-rated PHS service, even
though it is at 128Kbps and charged a lot) and WLAN.

> Then, could you please highlight what exactly do you

My draft is a reality check on what protocols are used by the real world
with the end to end principle.

							Masataka Ohta