Subject: [mobile-ip] New Draft: draft-vriz-mipv6-hbhlmap-00.txt

From: Vrizlynn Thing <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 12:04:26 +0800

Hi all,

I've recently submitted "draft-vriz-mipv6-hbhlmap-00.txt" to the Mobile IP
Working Group.
It proposed a solution to provide support for Localized Mobility Management
according to
requirements set out in "draft-ietf-mobileip-lmm-requirements-01.txt" in
Mobile IPv6.
The detailed mechanisms and procedures are explained in the draft.

Abstract:

   This document introduces an extension to Mobile IPv6 to provide
   support for Localized Mobility Management. This proposed Hop-by-Hop
   Local Mobility Agents Probing scheme specifies the Local Mobility
   Agents Discovery, Selection and Failure Detection architecture and
   procedures for deploying the localized mobility management, whereby
   the Local Mobility Agents are distributed. It reduces the amount of
   signalling to the home agent and correspondent nodes when mobile
   node moves among the subnets of the visited domain.

This document can be found at the following URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vriz-mipv6-hbhlmap-00.txt

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Vrizlynn Thing (Ms)

Vrizlynn Thing (Ms)
Senior Engineer
Laboratories for Information Technology
21 Heng Mui Keng Terrace
Singapore 119613
Tel: +65 68746728
Fax: +65 6776 8109
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: "Glenn Morrow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:04:59 -0500

Why did you believe you needed a new hop by hop header option? Was the
existing router alert using a new protocol value deemed insufficient for
some reason?

Thanks,

Glenn

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Vrizlynn Thing [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 11:04 PM
> To: Mobile IP Mailing List
> Cc: Xu Yi; Henry
> Subject: [mobile-ip] New Draft: draft-vriz-mipv6-hbhlmap-00.txt
> 
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> requirements set out in 
> "draft-ietf-mobileip-lmm-requirements-01.txt" in
> Mobile IPv6.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:41:34 +0800

Dear Glenn,

In this draft, what the mobile node intends to do is to discover the gateway 
local mobility agent (LMA) and intermediate LMAs (for redundancy 
purpose) for regional registration.
The furthest operational LMA is then chosen.
Therefore, an ICMPv6 Echo Request message is sent to the Home Agent 
as a probe trigger. In it, the new hop-by-hop (hbh) option is included for 
processing by the LMAs en-route. Unlike the specifications in RFC 2711: 
IPv6 Router Alert Option, whereby the first three bits of the option type are 
zero, and does not allow modifications to the option en-route, our new 
option has the first three bits set to '001'. This allows the option to change 
en-route so as to update the counter value for furthest operational LMA 
detection. 
I hope that the above has answered your questions. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Vrizlynn Thing (Ms)

----- Original Message -----
From: Glenn Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, June 28, 2002 11:04 pm
Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] New Draft: draft-vriz-mipv6-hbhlmap-00.txt

> >    procedures for deploying the localized mobility management, 
> whereby>    the Local Mobility Agents are distributed. It reduces 
> the amount of

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 13:05:26 +0800

Hi all,

I've earlier announced the submission of the Internet Draft entitled "Hop by 
Hop Local Mobility Agents Probing for Mobile IPv6", with the file 
name "draft-vriz-mipv6-hbhlmap-00.txt".
However, it was intended as a submission to the Mobile IP Working Group 
and therefore, the name of the file has been changed to "draft-vriz-mobileip-
hbhlmap-00.txt" to conform to the file naming guideline for submission to 
the Mobile IP WG.

The new URL of this Internet Draft is now:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vriz-mobileip-hbhlmap-00.txt

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Vrizlynn Thing (Ms)

----- Original Message -----
From: Vrizlynn Thing <[email-masked]>
Date: Thursday, June 27, 2002 12:04 pm
Subject: [mobile-ip] New Draft: draft-vriz-mipv6-hbhlmap-00.txt

> It proposed a solution to provide support for Localized Mobility 
> Managementaccording to