Subject: [mobile-ip] I-D ACTION:draft-muhanna-mobileip-compat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 07:47:32 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IPv4 Compatibility Extensions
	Author(s)	: A. Muhanna, L. Salgarelli, P. Boulos
	Filename	: draft-muhanna-mobileip-compat-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 21-Jun-02
	
Mobile-IP, together with several other supporting standards such
as Reverse Tunneling and the Challenge-Response extensions, have
all been recently revised.  Although such revisions are for the
most part backward compatible with the original versions,
sometimes static configuration of Mobile Nodes and Mobility Agents
is required to ensure smooth transition and avoid any possible
conflict between different standard versions implemented by
already-deployed equipment.  In this draft we define compatibility
extensions for Mobile-IP Agent Advertisement, Registration Request
and Registration Reply messages that allow all Mobile-IPv4
entities to dynamically synchronize their 'compatibility
versions', defined as the versions of the Mobile-IP standards that
a particular node is able to support.  This solution offers a
dynamic mechanism which informs all entities involved in a
Mobile-IP exchange of the version of the standard they support,
therefore reducing the need to statically configure such
information at Mobile Nodes or Mobility Agents

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-muhanna-mobileip-compat-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-muhanna-mobileip-compat-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-muhanna-mobileip-compat-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.