Subject: [mobile-ip] Multiple Interfaces Management - new I-D

From: "Nicolas Montavont" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 18:26:25 +0200

Hi all,

I've recently wrote a new I-D, "draft-montavont-mobileip-mmi-00.txt",
that I wanted to submit to the Mobile IP Working Group.
As the submission deadline is exceeded, I already send you a copy of the
document in attachment.
It is also available at
http://www-r2.u-strasbg.fr/~montavont/draft-montavont-mobileip-mmi-00.txt

For any questions or comments, feel free to ask Francis Dupont or Jean-Marie
Bonnin,
which are involved in our project and will be present at the meeting, or
contact me by e-mail.

Here the abstract:

    MIPv6 [MIPv6] allows a MN to maintain its IPv6 communications
    while moving between subnets. This document presents the
    problematic for a MN of having multiple network interfaces. It
    discusses how to perform vertical handovers (flow redirection
    between interfaces) and propose MMI (MIPv6 for Multiple
    Interfaces) which describes the use of MIPv6 to support multiple
    interfaces. These extensions focus on the MN ability to use a
    backup interface for communications and to redirect flows between
    its own interfaces.

Thanks for your interest,
Nicolas