Subject: [mobile-ip] comments: draft-18

From: Keiichi SHIMA / 島慶一 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 00:34:26 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

I have one more question about draft-18.

There is no text which describes the relation between ND packets and
HAO.  If a mobile node sends NS with HAO to a correpondent node's
global address, the response (NA) will be sent to the home agent of
the mobile node (if the CN doesn't have a BCE for the MN) or be sent
to the mobile node's HoA with RTHDR2 (if the CN has a BCE for the MN).

In section 11.2.1, the spec says that the MN MAY ommit HAO for short
term communication.  But I think it is not enough.  HAO MUST NOT be
inserted to NS packets because NAs never reach to the MN.

Best Regards,

---
Keiichi SHIMA
IIJ Research Laboratory <[email-masked]>
KAME Project <[email-masked]>

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:49:34 +0300

> inserted to NS packets because NAs never reach to the MN.

I agree.

However, I have a worry that this is just one example of a more
general problem. Are there any other cases where a similar rule
must be applied?

Perhaps we could cover all potential problems by stating the
following:

   While not at its home link, the mobile node MUST NOT use its
   home address (or the home address destination option) in
   Neighbor Discovery communications on the visited link. The
   mobile node also MUST NOT use its home address when
   communicating with link-local or site-local peers on the
   visited link.

Jari