Subject: [mobile-ip] draft 18 and "S" bit funda

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:58:37 +0530

hi,
   MN will set the 'L' bit in the binding update when it knows that its
home address has been
formed using its own interface id which implies that its interface id is
unique in its home subnet.
   So if 'L' bit is set,  doing DAD for its link local address only is
enough.Why do DAD for
all possible MN's addresses?

cheers
  gaurav

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:29:19 +0300

> all possible MN's addresses?

It's the DAD vs. DIIDD discussion. But my opinion is that DAD is
right. And regardless of what IPv6 does, we should be conservative
in MIPv6 and do DAD for all addresses just to avoid problems with
implementations that might not be doing DIIDD.

Jari