Subject: [mobile-ip] Agent solicitation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 17:54:10 +0530

I need some clarification regarding sending of Agent solicitation message.

Let us consider a mobile node moving from a home link to foreign link.
The home link and foreign link are two different access networks.
The Mobile node till the time it hasnt received any agent advertisement
message from the Foreign agent.
So when the Mobile node knows that it has come to foreign link(by
link-layer mobility management)
has to obtain either Care -of -address or Co-located address,in either case
the Mobile node cannot initiate
a Agent solicitation because if the mobile node sends any packet with its
home ip address in the IP source addres
field,other mobile nodes in the foreign link might be confused updating the
IP address of the new mobile node in their
ARP table..

So does this mean that this mobile node has no other way other than waiting
for Agent advertisement from
the foreign agent?

Thanks
Leelavathy