Subject: [mobile-ip] V6 fast handover

From: Phil Roberts <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 02:44:47 -0400

So there are a couple of things that need to be addressed here.

First there was some miscommunication in the handling of the update from
version 4 to version 5.  I fully accept responsibility
for not paying enough attention to this communication to keep folks from
getting upset.  Raj sent a note saying that
version 4 is the current consensus version and I agree with that.  We will
move to a version 5, but we have to be careful
to get consensus about the changes that go into that doc before we go there.

Let me take this opportunity to remind editors of working group documents
about their role.  What finally belongs
in a working group document is subject to the consensus of the working
group.  The editor has a great deal of influence
on what goes in and how it is presented.  In circumstances when the content
of a document is controversial the editor
should take special care to discuss the proposed changes on the mailing
list.  Misunderstandings and mistakes will
occur, and our last call processes and IESG review are the ultimate
guardians against mistakes, but all of you who are
editors can greatly help the smooth operation of the working group by paying
particular care to the way you handle
sensitive issues.

Rajeev was making an effort to do this and a misunderstanding occured.
Let's move on.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:58:06 -0500

And to just add one more thing to what Phil said in his note:
The changes to the fast handover draft in 05 are what is being
proposed to the WG, as Rajeev (editor)has said in an earlier note.
Of course the WG consensus is what will finally decide the content 
of this draft.