Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] Moible IP and UDP tunneling problem

From: pradeep <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:07:38 -0500

Hi,
I've implemented (to some extent) the NAT traversal draft. In my 
implementation I've developed a IP-UDP tunnel device driver. Since the 
implementation is still in its development stage, there may be some bugs to be 
fixed!
But anyway you can have a look at
http://people.eecs.ku.edu/~pnataraj/eecs801
The source code is also available in the same page. 
Good luck.
-Pradeep Natarajan.

>===== Original Message From Peng Gao <[email-masked]> =====
>I am a student at Technical University of Munich.  I am doing my thesis
>named Mobile IP and NAPT Interaction.  I plan to set up a new UDP data
>tunneling to go through the NAPT by Netfilter, but I meet a lot of
>problems now.
>
>Firstly, could you please give me some advice about how to distinguish
>Registration
>Reply from UDP data tunneling at Foreign Agent?  Since both are UDP
>datagram, and have same IP Address and UDP Port.    I know maybe I can
>check the payload of the datagram, but I am not sure which part I should
>check.
>
>Secondly,  I plan to write  a module for Home Agent, and the module stay
>outside of the normal Home Agent process.  That means before the HA
>process send out the IP-in-IP data tunneling, my module works and
>inserts the UDP header and make it to UDP data tunneling.  Now, I can
>not insert the UDP header correctly.  So, if you already did the same
>thing.  Could you please show me some source code about how to insert
>the UDP header?
>
>I will really appreciate your helping me!
>
>Best wishes!
>
>Peng Gao