Subject: [mobile-ip] Minor comments on MIPv6 v18 draft

From: "Greg O'Shea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:14:37 +0100

1. The lifetimes of a BU and a BA are both encoded in 16-bit ints. The
unit of a BU lifetime is 16secs and the unit of a BA lifetime is 4secs,
so there are (large) valid BU lifetimes which are impossible to ack. (Or
maybe I misunderstood something?)

2. The status code values in section 6.1.8 are out of sync with those in
the body of the text e.g. see 9.5, 10.3, 10.2, 9.4.1, 11.6.1

Apologies if these are already known on the list.

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 18:42:10 +0300

> maybe I misunderstood something?)

This is a mistake. Both units should be 4 secs... a result of last-minute
editing where we changed the units from 16->4s... this will be corrected.

> the body of the text e.g. see 9.5, 10.3, 10.2, 9.4.1, 11.6.1

Yet another editorial mistake. Will also be corrected. Thanks for pointing
these out!

This will be registered as issue #58.

Jari