Subject: FW: [mobile-ip] comments on draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-18.txt

From: "Subrata Goswami" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:21:09 -0700

Hi Vijay, I was referring to the following in section 9.1.

"Each Binding Cache entry conceptually contains the following fields:

    -  The home address of the mobile node for which this is the Binding
       Cache entry.  This field is used as the key for searching the
       ........................."

Subrata

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Vijay Devarapalli
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 5:11 PM
To: Dr. Subrata Goswami
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] comments on draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-18.txt

hi,

"Dr. Subrata Goswami" wrote:

> 4. The BCE of the CN is indexed by the home-address of the MN.  The
spec
> as it is now allows link-local addresses. So is there a possibility
that
> two MN's may end up having the same l-l address in a CN?

I dont understand this. how did the link local address of the MN
reach the CN? a binding cache entry for a link local address would
exist only on a Home Agent. not on the CN.

> 5. In a hypothetical situation, a MN may visit a foreign network and
> acquires the same CoA address and the l-l HoA.  Is it a possibility?
Are
> CoA's always global?

yes. they are! the CoA is configured when the MN receives a router 
advert in the foreign network.

Vijay

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:45:34 -0700

as I told you earlier, a BCE for a link local address would not exist 
on a CN. maybe this should be clarified if it not clear in the draft.

and regarding the earlier message, the Home Agent defends the link
local address of the MN (if the L bit was set in the BU). that does
not mean there exists a binding cache entry for the link local 
address at the Home Agent. 

Vijay

---

From: "Subrata Goswami" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:59:47 -0700

Hi Vijay, I would think it would be a good idea to mention in the draft
how it is impossible for to have an l-l HoA in the CN's BCE. I can see
some situations where that can happen - trying to confirm these.

Subrata

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Vijay
Devarapalli
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 5:46 PM
To: Subrata Goswami
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: FW: [mobile-ip] comments on draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-18.txt

Vijay