Subject: [mobile-ip] comments onf draft-18

From: Keiichi SHIMA / 島慶一 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 00:19:26 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

Let me confirm the meanings of the section 8.1.

> 8.1. General Requirements for All IPv6 Nodes
> 
>    Any IPv6 node may at any time be a correspondent node of a mobile
>    node, either sending a packet to a mobile node or receiving a
>    packet from a mobile node.  The following requirements are necessary
>    for every IPv6 node (whether host or router, whether mobile or
>    stationary), since otherwise communications may be impossible:
> 
>     -  The node MUST be able to validate a Home Address option received
>        in any IPv6 packet as described in Section 9.2.2.
> 
>     -  The node MUST be able to send a Binding Error message as
>        described in Section 9.4.6.

The section 8.1 describes the requirements for all IPv6 nodes.  What
is 'all IPv6 nodes'?  Does it mean 'all IPv6 nodes which supports
mobile ipv6'?  If so, it is OK for me.  My question ends.

If it means 'all IPv6 nodes even if they have nothing to do with
mobile ipv6', why must all IPv6 nodes support HAO and BE processing?
The node which doesn't support HAO will send ICMP paramprob back to
the sender (mobile node).  Mobile nodes can communicate using
bi-directional tunneling with such nodes.

If you are thinking of IPseced HAO, I think it better to be separated
from the base document.

I don't think it acceptable for the IPv6 WG to make HAO/BE be MUST.

I' sorry for my very late replying...

---
Keiichi SHIMA
IIJ Research Laboratory <[email-masked]>
KAME Project <[email-masked]>