Subject: [mobile-ip] 2 Questions on Mobile Draft 18

From: "Krishna Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:35:23 -0700

Hi all,

1. In section 5.2.1 :

      5.2.2. Nonces

   Each correspondent node also generates nonces at regular intervals,
   for example every few minutes.  The nonces should be generated by
   using a random number generator that is known to have good randomness
   properties [1].  A correspondent node may use the same Kcn and nonce
   with all the mobiles it is in communication with, so that it does not
   need to generate and store a new nonce when a new mobile contacts it.

Does this mean that nonces are generated at regular intervals as stated in
the
first sentence, or the same one is used in all communications with all
mobile
nodes, as implied in the last sentence ?

2. Binding Refresh Advice (Section 6.2.8) : This Type=7 is missing in
Section 13,
the IANA considerations. Also, the type should be 6!

Thanks,

- KK

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:22:08 +0300

> nodes, as implied in the last sentence ?

As Samita commented earlier, the former is the right interpreration.
But the text is a bit unclear. How about this:

     A correspondent node may use the same Kcn and nonce
     with all the mobiles it is in communication with, so that it does not
     need to generate and store a new nonce when a new mobile contacts it.

=>

     A correspondent node uses the same Kcn and nonce
     with all the mobiles it is in communication with.

I'll assign this issue #96.

> the IANA considerations. Also, the type should be 6!

Yes. Thanks for noticing this. Issue #97. The Type will be set to 6
in Section 6.2.8, and it will be listed in Section 13.

Jari