Subject: [mobile-ip] calclating Authenticator field

From: Yukiyo Akisada <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:55:36 +0900

Hi, all.

I have one question about calclating Authenticator field.

<draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-18.txt> says,

    5.2.6. Applying Return Routability for Correspondent Bindings
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
                                       "BU" is the content of the
    Binding Update message, excluding (1) the IP header, (2) any
    extension headers between the IP header the Mobility Header,
    and (3) the Authenticator field inside the Binding Update.

Does (3) mean that BU contains Type and Len field in Binding Authorization Data,
or not contain them ?

Regards.

----
Yukiyo Akisada <[email-masked]>

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:38:53 +0300

>     5.2.6. Applying Return Routability for Correspondent Bindings

It does contain even the beginning of the MH. Perhaps the text should
say "... the content of the Binding Update *packet*, excluding..."
to clarify that we are not just talking about the BU itself?

Jari