Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] LMM requirements: security issue

From: "Hesham Soliman (EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:19:05 +0200

Theo, 

  > In addition to what I have mentioned previously I would 
  > like to add that
  > I believe that two more requirements are conflicting about security:
  > 
  > In A: 
  >    it is required that the LMM agent does not interfere with the
  > security bindings between the MN and the peers
  > 
  > whereas on B:
  > 
  >  it is required that the MN preserves location privacy under LMM.
  > 
  > I cannot see how one can maintain location privacy (B) of 
  > the MN without
  > breaking the end-to-end principle (A) in terms of security 
  > bindings. 

=> These are requirements and are not meant to show how
it can be done. Of course we don't want to place impossible
requirements, but as Greg explained, this is already doable
to a large extent with the existing HMIPv6, so I don't think 
it's impossible. 

Hesham