Subject: [mobile-ip] Web archives accessible again.

From: "Steven M. Glass" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:18:08 -0400

As some of you noticed, the archives were unaccessible, however that 
problem has been fixed.  Note the issue isn't completely resolved yet as 
there are some email messages that exist on our new internal mirror that 
for some reason aren't on playground.sun.com, but when the rsync is done 
they'll be back.

     If you recall, as with the last issue with our server over a year 
ago, it was an rsync problem again, this time between a new internal 
mirror and playground [apparently] due to a permissions issues.

     I'll keep an eye on it, and hopefully this head of the hydra won't 
grow back!

     Please note - requesting an archive via email does work, so it's a 
work-around in cases like this; I don't believe they were ever down.  
I've confirmed email to [email-masked] for the August 
archives does get you all the most recent postings!  Expect two emails 
in response, e.g.

         >>>>get mobile-ip mobile-ip.200208
         List 'mobile-ip' file 'mobile-ip.200208'
         >>>>is being sent as a separate message.

    See http://playground.sun.com/mobile-ip/instructions.html if you'd 
like to do this.  Warning: August 2002 is already 653K!

                               Cheers,
                                   Steve

     PS(FYI: we're now blocking close to 15 spam's from the list every 
day!)