Subject: [mobile-ip] I-D ACTION:draft-nomad-mobileip-filters-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 07:39:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Filters for Mobile IP Bindings (NOMAD)
	Author(s)	: N. Fikouras et al.
	Filename	: draft-nomad-mobileip-filters-02.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 31-Jul-02
	
In Mobile IP, a mobile node that maintains simultaneous bindings will
receive at each registered care-of address a duplicate copy of every 
datagram from every active flow. However, a mobile node with multiple 
points of attachment may wish to receive different flows at each one. 
The purpose of this document is to enable mobile nodes to associate a 
list of filters with a binding during its establishment 
(registration, binding update). In this manner, a mobile node may 
select for each flow the most appropriate point of attachment. In 
order not to violate layer independence, the filtering of individual 
flows or groups of them is managed through flow description 
components made available by existing approaches to QoS support.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nomad-mobileip-filters-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nomad-mobileip-filters-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nomad-mobileip-filters-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.