Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] Re: Proposed resolution for Issue #146

From: "Hesham Soliman (EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:09:55 +0100

Charlie,

  > Again, I'm not sure about MUST be the default procedure.
  > 

=> What do you suggest that the default be?

Hesham

---

From: Charlie Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:16:45 -0800

Hello Hesham,

I think it's just as was discussed in a message a couple of
hours ago.  In the absence of other configuration, a mobile
node runs return routability in order to enable authentication
of Binding Updates.  If the mobile node and a correspondent
node are preconfigured to use a binding key, they can use
that instead of running return routability to create a binding
key.

So, the default is RR, but nodes can be configured to do
something else.  I had originally read Jari's note to mean
something else, but his later clarification matched my
understanding as above.

Regards,
Charlie P.