Subject: [NEXTEL-1] P25 Conventional Digital

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:07:44 -0500

------- Original Message --------
From: "Stan Friskney" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  P25 Conventional Digital

We are in the process of replacing our analog VHF mobile radio system
with a P25 conventional digital VHF sytem.  The system will use a
Motorola digital voter.  We set the subscriber units to scan a list of
repeater transmit frequencies, but we are having problems with the
subscriber units locking on to bad channels.  The use of the scan list
is pretty indiscriminate.  The subscriber unit just stops on the first
channel it sees traffic on as it goes through its list.  Has anyone else
seen this problem?  Has anyone found any solutions?

Stan Friskney
Western Area Power Administration
Corporate Services Office
Department of Energy
Lakewood, Colorado
Phone:  720-962-7383
Fax:  720-962-7400
email: [email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Is your business paying to much?
Affordable insurance and benefits packages for Less.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/jCP0DB/E.mEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/