Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 800 MHz Searchable "Cellularized" Database

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:25:40 EDT

We have been concerned that 800 MHz licensees were having a difficult time 
finding out how the 800 MHz licensing "landscape" had changed from one day to 
the next, in efforts to determine the cause of interference.  Therefore, we 
developed the idea (on behalf of PCIA), of a free, searchable database that 
lists all existing licenses in the 851-866 MHz band (also the 935-940 MHz 
band) that operate as cellular-like systems.  For our purposes we have 
defined a cellular-like system as one which has: 1) more than 20 frequency 
pairs at the same site; 2) less than 100 feet antenna height; and 3) less 
than 500 feet AAT.  We proposed this to LMCC several months ago, which they 
have now agreed to sponsor.  SiteSafe developed the actual software (thanks 
Klaus).  The database can be found on LMCC's web site (www.lmcc.org) under 
"Helpful Links".

The database is not perfect, because Economic Area (EA) frequencies do not 
get licensed on a site-by-site basis.  However, it should provide SOME 
assistance in determining where Nextel (or others) operate these types of 
sites, and give an idea of whether any site-by-site licensed frequencies have 
recently been added to the site.  It's a small step while we work on the 
bigger problems.

The database is available for use by applicants, licensees, the FCC and any 
other interested parties.

Alan Tilles
Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.A.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Looking for a more powerful website? Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month.
Register your domain name (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
http://us.click.yahoo.com/auyVXB/KJoEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:44:55 -0700

Alan,

This is a big step forward for us all. 
Thanks for your work on moving it forward.

Jack Daniel
=====================================

[email-masked] wrote:
>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>                        ADVERTISEMENT
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->