Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Your Help is Needed

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:25:30 -0500

Barry, et al.Greetings! I hope all is well. As President of the Atlantic Chapter and
member of the East Coast Regional Committee find your email timely but also concerning.
At our Chapter Conference this month, members of the East Coast Committee were able to
view the latest issue of our Public Safety Magazine.  We were anxious to see this issue as
the Call For Papers and Presenters Fact Sheet for the East Coast Regional Conference were
going to be published.  Or so we thought.  Both documents were nowhere to be found.Ann
Russo was able to contact APCO HQ and we were first advised that it was not submitted in
time.  Rich Boettcher (our Programs Chair) immediately indicated that he had an email
(dated Sept 4th from Barbara Lawrence, cc'd to Toni Edwards) that the Call For Papers, etc
would be in the October magazine.  Ann advised HQ of this and then we were told it was cut
for space reasons.Barry, while I have and continue to enjoy the content of the Magazine,
it concerns me that items as important as this are cut.  This is not a Chapter Conference
but a "REGIONAL".  As a past Conference Chair, I am sure you realize the importance
Conference Content has on attendance.  We need to get the word out to presenters for a
successful Conference to happen!It is my hope that this email will make you aware of a
potentially larger problem.  Please look into this further and advise me of the outcome.
I'd also like to know what, if anything, can be done to prevent this from happening
again.  I anticipate your assurance that these items will be in the next issue of the
Magazine.  I look forward to your reply.RespectfullyDavid Clemons
President APCO-Atlantic Chapter
PSAP Supervisor
Hopkinton Police Department
74 Main Street
Hopkinton, MA 01748
508.497.3401
E-Mail: [email-masked]

     -----Original Message-----
     From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
     Barry Furey
     Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 2:15 PM
     Subject: Editorial Advisory Committee - Your Help is Needed

     As chair of the Editorial Advisory Committee, I would like to start by thanking
     the APCO staff for the fine work done on the most recent issue of our Public
     Safety Magazine. I believe both the layout and the content were a great
     representation of where we need to go with our publications. However, in order
     to get a true gauge on what our members want from APCO publications, I am asking
     our chapter officers for input and assistance. You can help us improve our
     service to you by any or all of the following: Submit any quality photos that
     you may have of communications equipment, personnel, or emergencies to Toni
     Edwards Finley at APCO HQ. These must be standard prints, not digital. We are
     attempting to create a stock image library, because, as you know, good visuals
     improve almost any article. Write an article, or suggest someone who can. We are
     always in need of some fresh voices! If you don't fancy yourself a writer, then
     lend your experience. Experts in all fields of telecommunications are always
     required as reference sources for specialized topics. Interested? Again, please
     contact Toni by email at [email-masked]. Finally, suggest a topic, ask a
     burning question, make a suggestion, but by all means talk to us! You can
     contact either Toni at the above, myself at the originating address of this
     message, or Cindy Lorow [email-masked]. Communications is a two way street,
     and we need to know what the members really want from our publications. Please
     share this request with your chapter members. Thanks, in advance, for your
     help!Barry