Subject: [mobile-ip] WWW2003 CALL FOR PAPERS

From: Minoru Etoh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 13:09:47 +0900

My apologizes for multiple copies.
-------------------------------------

                    WWW2003 CALL FOR PAPERS
       The Twelfth International World Wide Web Conference

	      May 20-24, 2003, Budapest, Hungary
	              http://www2003.org/

	 Paper submission deadline: November 15, 2002

The International World Wide Web Conference Committee (IW3C2) and the
Computer and Automation Research Institute of the Hungarian Academy of
Sciences (MTA SZTAKI) cordially invite you to participate in the
Twelfth International World Wide Web Conference on May 20-24, 2003, in
Budapest, Hungary.

International researchers, technologists, and leaders from academia,
industry, and government will gather at WWW2003 to define, refine,
present, demonstrate, and discuss the latest ideas and developments.

The technical program will include refereed paper presentations,
alternate tracks including an Industrial track (see below), plenary
sessions, panels, and poster sessions. Tutorials and workshops will
precede the main program, and a Developers Day will follow, which will
be devoted to in-depth technical sessions designed specifically for
web developers.

Hungary is situated at the heart of Europe, and has one of the fastest
growing economies in the region, especially with respect to
information technology and telecommunication. Budapest is one of the
most beautiful capitals of the world, and is easy to reach by air or
on ground. The warm hospitality of the people, excellent food,
reliable and frequent public transportation, vivid cultural life, and
rich museums attract millions of visitors every year. Hungary has a
visitor-friendly visa policy, economically priced services and goods,
and a pleasant climate, making it one of the most popular meeting
venues worldwide.

IMPORTANT DATES

*** Paper submission deadline: November 15, 2002 ***
Author notification (papers): January 31, 2003
Final papers due: February 28, 2003

Poster submission deadline: January 15, 2003
Author notification (posters): February 28, 2003

Tutorial/workshop proposals deadline: October 15, 2002
Panel proposals deadline: November 15, 2002

Conference: May 20-24, 2003

REFEREED PAPERS TRACK

WWW2003 seeks original papers describing research in all areas of the
web. Papers should not have been published or be in submission at
another conference or journal. Topics include but are not limited to:

* Applications
* Browsers and User Interfaces
* Electronic Commerce
* Hypermedia
* Mobility and Wireless Access
* Multimedia
* Performance and Reliability
* Search and Data Mining
* Security and Privacy   
* Semantic Web
* Web Engineering [New for WWW2003]

Submissions should present original reports of substantive new
work. Papers should properly place the work within the field, cite
related work, and clearly indicate the innovative aspects of the work
and its contribution to the field. We will not accept any paper which,
at the time of submission, is under review for or has already been
published or accepted for publication in a journal or another
conference.

Papers will be peer-reviewed by at least 3 reviewers from an
International Program Committee. Accepted papers will appear in the
conference proceedings published by the Association for Computing
Machinery (ACM), and will also be accessible to the general public via
http://www2003.org/. Authors are not required to transfer
copyright. Detailed formatting and submission requirements are
available at http://www2003.org/cfp.htm. Inquiries can be sent to
[email-masked].

ALTERNATE TRACKS

Alternate tracks include a combination of peer-reviewed papers and
invited presentations. Accepted papers will appear in a separate
printed proceedings to the main refereed track proceedings (excluding
Panels and the Industrial and W3C tracks). 

* Education
* Global Community
* Industrial Track
* Practice & Experience
* Web Services [New for WWW2003]
* W3C Track (latest news and views from the World Wide Web Consortium)
* Panels

Detailed formatting and submission requirements are available at
http://www2003.org/cfp.htm. Inquiries can be sent to
[email-masked].

INDUSTRIAL TRACK

The Industrial Track provides a forum for vendors, open source
developers, and industry, academic, and government deployers. For more
information and submission details see http://www2003.org/it/.
Inquiries can be sent to [email-masked].

PROGRAM COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS

Yih-Farn Robin Chen, AT&T Labs - Research, [email-masked]
Lgrch Institute, [email-masked]

POSTERS

Posters provide a forum for late-breaking research, and facilitate
feedback in an informal setting. Posters are peer-reviewed. The poster
area provides an opportunity for researchers and practitioners to
present and demonstrate their recent web-related research, and to
obtain feedback from their peers in an informal setting. It gives
conference attendees a way to learn about innovative works in progress
in a timely and informal manner. Formatting and submission
requirements are available at http://www2003.org/cfp.htm. Inquiries
can be sent to [email-masked].

TUTORIALS AND WORKSHOPS

A program of tutorials will cover topics of current interest to web
design, development, services, operation, use, and evaluation. These
half and full-day sessions will be led by internationally recognized
experts and experienced instructors using prepared content.

Workshops provide an opportunity for researchers, designers, leaders,
and practitioners to explore current web R&D issues through a more
focused and in-depth manner than is possible in a traditional
conference session. Participants typically present position statements
and hold in-depth discussions with their peers within the workshop
setting.

For more information and submission details see
http://www2003.org/tut&ws.htm. Inquiries can be sent to
[email-masked].

PANELS

Panels provide an interactive forum that will engage both panelists
and the audience in lively discussion of important and often
controversial issues. For more information and submission details see
http://www2003.org/panels.htm. Inquiries can be sent to
[email-masked].

AWARDS

Best Paper, Best Student Paper, Best Alternate Track Paper, Best
Alternate Track Student Paper, Best Poster, Best Student Poster, and
Best Presentation awards will be presented at the conference.

DEVELOPERS DAY

Developers Day (D-Day) will be devoted to the interests of web
developers, and will offer in-depth discussions of technologies and
tools at the forefront of the web. This day-long program will consist
of several parallel streams focused on specific content areas. D-Day
sessions are designed to be timely and state-of-the-art. 

For more information and submission details see http://www2003.org/dd/.
Inquiries can be sent to [email-masked].

REFEREED TRACK AREA CHAIRS

Applications:	
Vice Chair: Fred Douglis, IBM Research, USA
Deputy Vice Chair: Maarten van Steen, VU Amsterdam, Netherlands

Browsers and UI:
Vice Chair: Marc Najork, Microsoft Research, USA
Deputy Vice Chair: Juliana Freire, OGI/OHSU, USA

E-commerce:
Vice Chair: Michael Wellman, University of Michigan, USA
Deputy Vice Chair: John Riedl, University of Minnesota, USA

Hypermedia:
Vice Chair: m.c. schraefel, University of Toronto, Canada
Deputy Vice Chair: Peter Ncnberg, Aalborg University Esbjerg, Denmark

Mobility and Wireless Access:
Vice Chair: Minoru Etoh, NTT DoCoMo, Japan
Deputy Vice Chair: Sarolta Dibuz, Ericsson, Hungary

Multimedia:
Vice Chair: James Wang, Penn State University, USA
Deputy Vice Chair: Eric Chang, Microsoft Research, China

Performance and Reliability:
Vice Chair: Craig E. Wills, WPI, USA
Deputy Vice Chair: Mike Dahlin, UT Austin, USA

Search and Data Mining:
Vice Chair: Soumen Chakrabarti, Indian Institute of Technology, India
Deputy Vice Chair: Prabhakar Raghavan, Verity, USA

Security and Privacy:
Vice Chair: Avi Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research, USA
Deputy Vice Chair: Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft, USA

Semantic Web:
Vice Chair: Ian Horrocks, University of Manchester, UK
Deputy Vice Chair: Brian McBride, HP, Bristol, UK

Web Engineering:
Vice Chair: Martin Gaedke, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
Deputy Vice Chair: Daniel Schwabe, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

ALTERNATE TRACK CHAIRS

Education:
Co-Chair: Paul De Bra, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
Co-Chair: Wolfgang Nejdl, University of Hannover, Germany

Global Communities:
Co-Chair: David De Roure, University of Southampton, UK
Co-Chair: Liddy Nevile, La Trobe University, Australia

Industrial Track:
Chair: Mario Jeckle, DaimlerChrysler, Germany
Deputy Chair: Mary Ellen Zurko, IBM Software Group

Practice & Experience:
Chair: Arun Iyengar, IBM Research, USA
Deputy Chair: Krishna Kant, Intel

Web Services:
Chair: Steve Vinoski, IONA Technologies, USA
Deputy Chair: Francisco (Paco) Curbera, IBM Research, USA

W3C:
Chair: Marie-Claire Forgue, W3C, France

Panels:
Chair: Carole Goble, University of Manchester, UK
Deputy Chair: Bernard Horan, Sun Microsystems Ltd, UK

TUTORIALS AND WORKSHOPS CO-CHAIRS

Michael Bieber, New Jersey Institute of Technology, [email-masked]
Beatrix Toth, MTA SZTAKI, [email-masked]

POSTER CO-CHAIRS

Irwin King, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, [email-masked]
Tamas Maray, Technical University of Budapest, Hungary, [email-masked]

DEVELOPERS DAY CO-CHAIRS

Ivan Herman, W3C, [email-masked]
Jg Linear Accelerator Center, [email-masked]

IW3C2 LIAISON TO WWW2003

Ivan Herman, W3C, [email-masked]

IW3C2 LIAISON TO THE PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Arun Iyengar, IBM Research, USA, [email-masked]

CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS

International World Wide Web Conference Committee (IW3C2), http://www.iw3c2.org/

Computer and Automation Research Institute of the Hungarian Academy of
Sciences (MTA SZTAKI), http://www.sztaki.hu/

CONFERENCE PARTNERS

International Federation for Information Processing Working Group 6.4
on Internet Applications Engineering (IFIP WG 6.4), and the World Wide
Web Consortium (W3C).

General questions about WWW2003 may be sent to [email-masked]