Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 04:02:37 -0500

===============================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, October 29, 2002
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) AWR And Global Communication Semiconductors Announce Support For InP Foundry Process
2) Racal Instruments delivers first position location compliance test system for CDMA
mobiles
3) Aura Communications Introduces Mobile Wireless Headset Reference Design for
LibertyLink(TM) Near Field Communication ASIC
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) AWR And Global Communication Semiconductors Announce Support For InP Foundry Process
 
GaAs IC Technology Exhibition, MONTEREY, Calif. -- October 21, 2002 -- Applied Wave
Research, Inc. (AWR), a leading supplier of high-frequency electronic design automation
(EDA) tools, and Global Communication Semiconductors, Inc. (GCS), a pure-play compound
semiconductor wafer foundry, today announced plans to provide process design kit (PDK)
library support for GCS's indium phosphide (InP) foundry process...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/news/article.asp?docid=%7b7f56de14-78c7-45e4-aee9-8503885e0a98%7d
 
2) Racal Instruments delivers first position location compliance test system for CDMA
mobiles
 
Oct 28, 2002 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) -- Racal Instruments has delivered the first
commercially available test system to allow manufacturers to test the position location
technology of CDMA mobile phones to ensure it meets the specifications laid down in the
relevant 3GPP2 standard. The FCC (Federal Communications Commission, the US Regulatory
Body) has stated that by end of December 2005 95...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/news/article.asp?docid=%7bbbf6fb5c-bc52-40ef-ae57-865b00a611a4%7d
 
3) Aura Communications Introduces Mobile Wireless Headset Reference Design for
LibertyLink(TM) Near Field Communication ASIC; Smallest wireless headset design for mobile
market based on Aura's magnetic induction near-field wireless technology.
 
WILMINGTON, Mass., Oct 28, 2002 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Aura Communications, Inc., the
leading provider of silicon for near field communication, announced today that it is has
released a reference design for OEMs and ODMs developing wireless headsets for mobile
personal communication. The Aura reference headset is the smallest wireless headset
currently available and features a flash button,...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/news/article.asp?docid=%7bde503c29-a90e-46c4-b5e2-c0703deb2437%7d

--------------------------------------------------------------
FREE Wireless Design & Development Magazine Subscription
--------------------------------------------------------------
 
The monthly magazine of new products, systems, and equipment for engineers, designers and
managers whose work involves commercial microwave and RF development. Your 12-month
subscription brings you the latest information on the tools you need to advance your work.
Your subscription also includes the annual Buyers' Guide edition, published in July, which
will allow you to quickly and easily locate key suppliers of products and equipment for
your work. Click below to get your FREE subscription today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/partner/home.asp?page=http://verticalnet.tradepub.com/free/wdd/

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Solid State Switches & High Isolation Switches
2) SonaBeam 155 
3) 17.0-27.0 GHz GaAs MMIC Buffer Amplifier
4) Solid-State Power Amplifier
5) High Power Wireless Isolator
6) Quad-Band Power Amplifier
7) Cellular Foam
8) 2.4GHz WLAN Dish Antenna
9) Wireless Mini Modules
10) ICS-152T
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Solid State Switches & High Isolation Switches
 
Trilithic's line of top quality RF switches are designed to meet both the common and the
uncommon signal routing challenges. Available in 2, 4, 8 and 16 way configurations. Please
contact the factory for custom needs...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/Content/ProductShowcase/product.asp?DocID={71EEB2E8-BD3E-11D6-A78B-00D0B7694F32%7d
 
2) SonaBeam 155 
 
SONAbeam's proven 1550nm laser technology delivers 5 times the transmit power over any in
its product class... and power is important, when it means assuring beam integrity in
order to deliver reliable laser transmission.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/Content/ProductShowcase/product.asp?DocID={15CF935A-4AF6-11D6-A789-00D0B7694F32%7d
 
3) 17.0-27.0 GHz GaAs MMIC Buffer Amplifier
 
Mimix Broadband's three stage 17.0-27.0 GHz GaAs MMIC gain block amplifier has a typical
small signal gain of 18.0 dB with a typical noise figure of 3.0 dB across the band. This
MMIC uses Mimix Broadband's 0.15 ?m GaAs PHEMT device model technology, and is based upon
electron beam lithography to ensure high repeatability and uniformity...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/Content/ProductShowcase/product.asp?DocID={CAF52662-229A-11D6-A789-00D0B7694F32%7d
 
4) Solid-State Power Amplifier
 
MITEQ announces the SSPA linear solid-state power amplifier that has an 11 V regulated
supply, and supplies up to 2 W of output power. It has 40 dB of gain up to 8 GHz, and
typical bandwidth achievable is up to 10%. A variety of gain, power, and bandwidth options
are available as a design modification...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=3572F77B-EDE1-11D2-94BD-00A0C9B3BDF2
 
5) High Power Wireless Isolator
 
The model CIC01A8010 high power wireless isolator operates over the frequency range of 800
to 1000 MHz, and is designed to give an insertion loss of 0.4 dB maximum. It provides
isolation of 20 dB minimum, and a VSWR of 1.25:1 maximum. With power rated at 100 Watts
CW, it operates at a temperature range of -20?C to +65?C...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/Content/ProductShowcase/product.asp?DocID={B9F43D67-95F3-11D3-9A6A-00A0C9C83AFB%7d
 
6) Quad-Band Power Amplifier
 
The RMPA1958-99 is a high efficiency power amplifier module for GSM/GPRS quad-band
applications. The module, which has an overall frequency range of 824-1910 MHz, uses
Raytheon RF Components' proprietary InGaP MMIC technology together with a CMOS control
circuit in an integrated design, affording greater flexibility and user convenience...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/Content/ProductShowcase/product.asp?DocID={4758A9C1-AB04-11D6-A78A-00D0B7694F32%7d
 
7) Cellular Foam
 
Types: 
- X-Linked Polyolefins 
- Polyurethanes 
- Polyolefins 
- Cast Urethanes 
- Neoprene & Neoprene Blends 
- Vinyl Nitriles
- More....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/Content/ProductShowcase/product.asp?DocID={B6FFFDE8-0A06-11D6-A789-00D0B7694F32%7d
 
8) 2.4GHz WLAN Dish Antenna
 
Specifications:
- Model Number: DA-168 mast mount antenna
- Application: Outdoor long-range directional connections
- Frequency Range: 2.4GHz Wireless area net
- Gain: 20dbi
- Cable Length: 2 ft With TNC male connector
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/Content/ProductShowcase/product.asp?DocID={DB0FB078-D455-11D5-A77A-00D0B769536B%7d
 
9) Wireless Mini Modules
 
HM Radio Technology is proud to announce its first introduction into the North American
market. The 70 Series single channel wireless transmitter and receiver mini modules are
now available in FCC certified models. The 70TX1 transmitter has been approved for use in
FCC Rule Parts 22,74,90 and 95. The 70RX1 receiver has received Part 15 approval as
well...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/Content/ProductShowcase/product.asp?DocID={BF123D12-3B02-11D6-A789-00D0B7694F32%7d
 
10) ICS-152T
 
Interactive Circuits and Systems (ICS) Ltd. announces the ICS-152T, a transformer-coupled
input version of the popular ICS-152 board. The ICS-152T board is ideal for acquisition of
Intermediate Frequency (IF) signals. It offers two 14-bit 65 MHz ADCs, 2 Msample on-board
buffers, VME64 DMA interface, optional RACEway/Skychannel interfaces and optional plug-in
digital tuner modules...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/Content/ProductShowcase/product.asp?DocID={C1A057AA-E8C9-11D5-A77D-00D0B7694F32%7d

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
ADVERTISE ONLINE
Need to reach qualified buyers of business products and professional services?  Advertise
on Wireless Design Online or in the Wireless Design Online Newsletter. Find out how our
flexible advertising programs can help you meet your marketing objectives:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/advariant/advertising.asp
 
==========================================================
FREE TRADE PUBLICATIONS 
Browse from the extensive list of trade publications by industry, title, key word or
geographic eligibility to find the titles that best match your skills and interests. All
of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no hidden fees, no soft or trial offers,
and no obligation.   
http://verticalnet.tradepub.com/main/main.html
 
==========================================================
CONSULTING SERVICES
Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online Consulting
Services. With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy to use service
ensures you'll get the right firm, every time. 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/welcome/prosavvy
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Worklife Solutions to bring you the most
comprehensive resume and job search capabilities on the Web. Post your resume, take
advantage of free career services, and search our database of 500,000 jobs. Visit today:
http://vertical.worklife.com/onlines/wirelessdesignonline/index.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/