Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: PDF Ultrawideband: The next wireless panacea

From: "Juliet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 22:56:02 -0000

Some facts therin are worth a discussion:

That vendor use different methods to modulate data into the signal, 
like the two methods described: PPM and PAM, real world example: PAM8 
is clear, although I cannot understand why this UWB signal using 
system will only have to use 1 nW for 1 frequency band and the n 
(nano) is no m (milli)as I though it is in terms of Bluetooth.   
Another thing is the optimistic forecast of various wireless 
technologies for the VHE in terms of units: 70.000 units per year are 
estimated in 2006. While among those different wireless technologies, 
the "sweet spots" shall be the key drivers to the home netwoorking 
market and contribute to the VHE success (and the estimated values I 
think?)

Another aspect to discuss focus the various signals in one room and 
interference, coexistence problems without disturbances of channels 
established with these technologies, it says that if there are 
several different in a room, lets say, Bluetooth, GSM carrier, WiFi, 
UWB, Microwaves,... UWB is the one which will be heard as noice ?
How to distinguish them without mobile device any sign typical for 
microwave (except burned food?)

:) Juliet

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/