Subject: [mobile-ip] Mipv6 issue #148: Requirements section nits and missed requirements

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 18:18:15 +0200

1) Sections 8.2 is missing a requirement to be able to send BEs.
    Proposed text:

      - The node MUST be able to send Binding Error messages
        as described in Section X.

2) Sections 8.2, 8.4, and 8.5 are missing a requirement to
    be able to deal with Mobility Headers. Proposed text:

      - The node MUST process Mobility Headers as described in
        Section X.

3) Section 8.4 requirement about being able to send BAs
    for BUs with the A bit on is incorrect. Proposed
    correction:

      - Every home agent MUST be able to return a Binding Acknowledgement
        in response to a Binding Update (Section X).

4) Section 8.4 is missing a requirement to be able to process
    RAs from other routers and create the HAL. Proposed text:

      - Every home agent MUST be able to receive Router Advertisements
        to construct a Home Agents List (Section X).

5) Section 8.5 is missing a requirement to receive BEs, handle
    movement, receive ICMP, and interact with outbound ipsec processing.
    Proposed text:

      - The node MUST support receiving a Binding Error message
        (Section X).

      - The node SHOULD support receiving ICMP errors (Section X).

      - The node MUST support sending packets containing a Home
        Address option (Section X), and follow the required
        IPsec interaction (Section X).

      - The node MUST support movement detection, care-of address
        formation, and returning home (Section X).

Jari