Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Global 2-Way Announces Commercial Availability of Global T-Fleet -- Low-Cost Communications and Tracking for the Transportation Industry

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:03:19 -0500

Global 2-Way Announces Commercial Availability of Global T-Fleet -- Low-Cost
Communications and Tracking for the Transportation Industry

October 29, 2002 7

ORLANDO, Fla., Oct 29, 2002 - Global 2-Way, a recognized leader of commercial two-way
VHF/UHF radio systems, today announced at the American Trucking Associations Management
Conference & Exhibition the
commercial availability of the Global T-Fleet(TM) system, a low-cost, high quality
nationwide messaging and tracking system
for the transportation industry. Combining the simplicity of e-mail and the reliability of
FM radio, the Global T-Fleet system can
be leased for as low as $75/month with a communications plan that includes 250 messages.

Using a combination of Global 2-Way's patented digital high frequency (DHF) network and
existing FM sub-carrier
networks, Global T-Fleet can be used throughout the United States. Inbound messages,
messages from the vehicle to
dispatch, transmit through the DHF network while outbound messages, messages from dispatch
to the vehicle, transmit through
FM sub-carrier frequencies that are leased to Global 2-Way by FM stations across the
country.

Each FM tower covers more than 16 times the area of other terrestrial systems. The DHF
network is scanned every 5
seconds to determine which channels are unoccupied. If a message is not received on the
first try it will be stored and
forwarded at a different frequency to guarantee delivery.

"By using the extensive FM infrastructure and unoccupied HF channels we are able to offer
tracking and communications at a
substantially lower rate without sacrificing coverage or quality," stated John Robins,
vice president of new business
development for Global 2-Way. "Since FM radio is available virtually everywhere, we view
our product as the low-cost
satellite alternative."

The Global T-Fleet system includes a durable driver terminal and transceiver unit, an
unobtrusive whip antenna and
Windows(R)-based mapping and communication software. Installation is a simple process that
does not require a trained
installation professional. Global 2-Way provides instruction, if necessary.

Offering the same benefits as other mobile communications and asset management devices,
Global T-Fleet is ideal for
companies that want improved driver productivity, increased efficiency, vehicle recovery
and driver security without high
purchase, installation and maintenance costs. Monthly messaging packages include:

Fleet Lite: 100 messages per month, per unit - $19.99/month Standard Fleet: 250 messages
per month, per unit -
$29.99/month Ultimate Fleet: 400 messages per month, per unit - $39.99/month

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Looking for a more powerful website? Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month.
Register your domain name (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
http://us.click.yahoo.com/auyVXB/KJoEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/