Subject: [NEXTEL-1] escape from Nexthell

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 05:36:45 -0400

"Bill" [email-masked] wrote:

I posted this on the Nextel1 list, too... or tried tomy fault if its a
problem.... I just wanna tell everybody my story. Maybe some servers got
problems with some special descriptive terms. Sorry about that. I try not to
hold back too much, don't want to get spectral constipation... bad for
innovation:

 I know that this forum is more about broad trends and vast movements in

telecom... but here's a report from a consumer. I'm going to use a harsh

technical description in the next sentence, so if you are sensitive, avert

your eyes.

I am going to dump these arrogant turds.

For the second month in a row Nextel has turned off our account.... all 12

phones. Bill runs from $1200 to 1500 a month. Last month it was because of

an error on their part on an overdue invoice for about $200.

This time is because we hadn't sent in our payment earlier than we usually

do. That is, we had a 10 day grace period as per previous months but this

time they turned us off when we thought we were current. When we asked why,

they said, "Oh, we changed the due date." (forgot to tell us!). These are

definitely not the only problems we've had. At best it takes my staff

unecessary hours to straighten things out with one of the world's worst

customer support organizations.

So I get turned off and I loose business. Screw these dicks and the

congressmen they rode in on.

If this is a trend it doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict what's

going to happen to these turkeys.

I'm putting a small UHF trunking system in my plant so the guys can have

talk-around radio (glorified intercom) and we're going to buy either

crickets or something like the AT&T at $50 a month, unlimited calls to plan

members .... and they give us the phones. Anybody want to buy a bunch of

iDen phones... eBay, here I come.

I am so looking forward to the fight I will have with them when I cancel. I

fully expect them to try and tell us half of our phones are still under

contract and I will meet these uncious dweebs in any court they'd care to

name and bring along a doberman-with-a-briefcase. Accountabilty works both

ways and if it doesn't... I don't live in America... er... maybe I don't

live in America. We'll see.

I am a great believer that it all comes down from the top. The top

management of Nextel obviously doesn't give a tinker's damn about long term

business and customer satisfaction. If they don't pour a footer, the tower

is gonna crash.

Bill Lieske

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 04:37:17 -0500

------- Original Message --------
   From: "Bill" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Re: escape from Nexthell )

  Well.... I seem to have calmed down... but I'm still dumping these jerks. The argument
below is pretty much apocryphal (although most likely Jason IS real) and without giving
Nextel an opportunity to defend themselves, unfair to Nextel.I don't now who Jason is, but
I am real. And my customer dissatisfaction is real and in my opinion justified. And I'm
the customer so I am right. Or has that changed?But the guy sure hits some important
points. Billing errors are habitual, endemic, on the part of Nextel. Customer service is
adversarial. They are right and you are wrong from the git-go and when you prove that they
are wrong its, "oh, never mind." Our problems with Nextel are not just the last two months
in a row where we have been shut down because of NEXTEL's error. There have been
innumerable problems with our service and our billing. My accounting office and my
purchasing person have to spend inordinate amounts of time dealing with Nextel's
disastrous bureaucracy. Big things and little things and LOTS and LOTS of things. The time
wasted is very irritating. The possible loss of business when they shut us off is way
beyond irritating.When I consider that the phones don't work much outside of metropolitan
areas, that we spend so darn much time dealing with them for corrections and service
problems, that somehow the invoices keep on getting bigger than we expect (certainly not
Nextel's fault!).... the economy of the thing begins to look bad versus the service. An
inexpensive repeater or trunking system, a wiFi intercom sort of thing, bullhorns and
carrier pigeons....all begin to look a lot better.And after that, when I look at what
Nextel is trying to pull off with frequency swapping... I still think they are bunch of
hapless creeps and want to get rid of them.All of you in business know the story... you do
good for 100 people and one or two of them will say nice things about you. You do bad to
one person and he will tell 100 others. For this reason its necessary for a business to do
its best to resolve customer service issues. You have to try hard. Nextel does not seem to
be trying very hard.It all comes down from the top. I'd like to hear what the top has to
say about this. This would be the top that is now trying to get, in my opinion, something
for nothing from the government to correct fundamental flaws in their business approach
and the reality of the marketplace.My main point is, the debt, the spectrum issues, the
economy, the competition AND the service and customer service issues all seem to say to me
Nextel cannot survive. Unless these things get fixed, I don't see how they can or why they
should.Bill L.