Subject: [NEXTEL-1] TRICOM Revises Financial Guidance for 2002

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:08:40 -0500

http://library.northernlight.com/FE20021031560000010.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc
-

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Looking for a more powerful website? Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month.
Register your domain name (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
http://us.click.yahoo.com/auyVXB/KJoEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

TRICOM Revises Financial Guidance for 2002

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic, Oct 31, 2002 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- TRICOM (NYSE: TDR), a regional integrated communications provider in the U.S., Caribbean and Central America, today provided revised financial guidance for the year 2002.

Source:

PR Newswire

Date:

10/31/2002 18:15

Price:

Free

Document Size:

Very Short (365 words)

Document ID:

FE20021031560000010

Subject(s):

PRN; Bandwidth; Caribbean; Central America; Ebitda; Entertainment; Local; New York; NYSE; Puerto Rico; Technology; Television; Track; United States; Wireless

Document Type:

Press releases

TRICOM Revises Financial Guidance for 2002

Story Filed: Thursday, October 31, 2002 6:15 PM EST

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic, Oct 31, 2002 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via
COMTEX/ -- TRICOM (NYSE: TDR), a regional integrated communications provider in
the U.S., Caribbean and Central America, today provided revised financial
guidance for the year 2002.

The company announced that it expects to generate consolidated revenues in the
range of $260 to $265 million, EBITDA in the range of $80 to $85 million, and a
net earnings per share loss of $1.20 to $1.27. The Company reaffirmed its
earlier capital expenditure projections of $55 to $58 million for the year 2002.

Given the significant expected savings in capital expenditures, the Company
believes it is on track to generate positive free cash flow in 2003.

About TRICOM

TRICOM, S.A. is a regional integrated telecommunications provider in the U.S.,
Caribbean and Central America. In the Dominican Republic we offer local, long
distance, cable television entertainment, mobile telephony, as well as broadband
data transmission services. Through TRICOM USA, we own switching facilities in
New York, Miami and Puerto Rico, providing us with end-to-end connectivity, and
are one of the few Latin American long distance carriers that have a United
States licensed subsidiary. Through TCN Dominicana, we are the largest cable
television operator in the Dominican Republic based on our number of subscribers
and homes passed. TRICOM is deploying the first integrated digital wireless
communication network based on iDEN(R) technology across Central America.

For more information about TRICOM, please visit
www.tricom.net

Cautionary Language Concerning Forward-Looking Statements

This release contains certain "forward-looking statements" based on management's
current expectations, which may involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties,
and other factors not under TRICOM's control, which may cause actual results,
performance and achievements of TRICOM to be materially different from the
results, performance, or expectations of TRICOM. These factors include, but are
not limited to those detailed in TRICOM's periodic filings with the Securities
and Exchange Commission.

Make Your Opinion Count - Click Here
http://tbutton.prnewswire.com/prn/11690X30681748

SOURCE TRICOM, S.A.

CONTACT: Miguel Guerrero of Tricom Investor Relations, in the Dominican
Republic, +1-809-476-4044 or +1-809-476-4012, or
[email-masked]

URL:
http://www.tricom.net

http://www.prnewswire.com

Copyright (C) 2002 PR Newswire. All rights reserved.

KEYWORD: Dominican Republic

INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TLS

SUBJECT CODE: ERP

Copyright © 2002, PR Newswire, all rights reserved.

You may now print or save this document.