Subject: [mobile-ip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-fast-mipv6-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 07:19:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Fast Handovers for Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: R. Koodli
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-fast-mipv6-05.txt
	Pages		: 48
	Date		: 2002-10-1
	
Mobile IPv6 describes how a Mobile Node can maintain connectivity
to the Internet when it changes its Access Router for another, a
process referred to as handover.  During this process, there is
a time period when the Mobile Node is unable to send or receive
IPv6 packets both due to link switching delay and IP protocol
operations.  This time period is referred to as handover latency.  In
many instances, the handover latency resulting from standard Mobile
IPv6 handover procedures could be greater than what is acceptable
to support real-time or delay sensitive traffic.  Furthermore,
reducing the handover latency could be beneficial to non real-time,
throughput-sensitive applications as well.  The intent of this
document is to describe protocol enhancements to reduce handover
latency due to IP protocol operations as small as possible in
comparison to the inevitable link switching latency.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-fast-mipv6-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-fast-mipv6-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-fast-mipv6-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.