Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 600 Trucks Convert to Aether

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 14:59:58 -0500

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=33914596&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

News

IndustryWatch

Aerospace/Defense

Auto

Aviation

Banking

Business and Finance

Chemicals

Computers

Economy/Markets

Energy

Entertainment

Environment

Food

Government

Healthcare

Insurance

Internet

Metals & Minerals

Real Estate

Retail

Small Business

Telecommunications

- Equipment

- Fiber Optics

- Local Providers

- Long Distance

- Wireless

- Regulations

- Satellite

Transportation

Travel

Utilities

searchIndustryWatch

Markets &
Stocks

Commentary

Technology

Personal Finance

Retirement

Mutual Funds

Money 101

Money's Best

Track your
stocks

Calculators

CNNfn
on TV

Services

CNN.com

CNNSI.com

MONEY
Magazine
Customer
Service

E-MAIL
NEWSLETTERS
sign
up!

MOBILE NEWS
•AvantGo

sign
up!

Trucking Leader J&R Schugel Converts 600 Trucks to Aether MobileMax for Vehicle Tracking and Messaging; Momentum Continues for Aether's Multi-Mode Solution

Source: Business Wire

Publication date: 2002-10-27

ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 27, 2002--ATA Management
Conference & Exhibition

Aether Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq:AETH), a leading provider of wireless
and mobile data solutions, today announced that J&R Schugel Trucking,
Inc., a nationwide truckload carrier, has converted its fleet to
Aether MobileMax(TM) for wireless vehicle tracking and messaging. The
conversion accounts for approximately 600 new MobileMax units on the
highways, continuing the momentum for Aether's multi-mode tracking and
communications solution.

Aether MobileMax is the only solution to use a multi-mode system
that automatically switches between land-based and satellite
communications without driver or dispatcher intervention to ensure
complete coverage and more cost-efficient communications. The
MobileMax system transmits dispatch and data messages and GPS position
reports, and provides data on state-line crossings, vehicle fault
codes, and driver performance. Hundreds of fleets have improved their
operations, streamlined their processes, and improved their customer
service by deploying Aether's MobileMax multi-mode solution.

J&R Schugel is a truckload carrier based in New Ulm, Minn. The
company serves the 48 continental United States with a fleet of
approximately 600 power units and 850 trailers. According to Rick
Schugel, Vice President of Operations of J&R Schugel, Aether MobileMax
was a logical decision as the company upgraded its technology.

"J&R Schugel has always focused on exceeding our customers'
expectations, and this vision requires that we continually build one
of the most competitive fleets in the industry," Schugel said. "After
very extensive testing and evaluation of all the leading providers, we
determined that Aether's MobileMax was the best and most competitive
solution for us. Ultimately, the value that MobileMax delivers is best
suited to help us achieve our vision."

"J&R Schugel is a very discriminating customer and wants the best
services and technology for its fleets," said Frank Briganti,
president of Aether's Transportation and Logistics division. "We are
extremely pleased that the momentum for our MobileMax solution
continues to grow with the conversion of 600 more units. Aether looks
forward to serving J&R Schugel's wireless needs for the foreseeable
future."

About Aether Systems, Inc.

Aether Systems delivers wireless and mobile data solutions that
make people more productive and their organizations more profitable.
Aether's products and services are built on Aether Fusion, the
company's standards-based platform that allows for secure, reliable
extension of critical information to virtually any wireless or mobile
environment. Return on investment in Aether solutions comes from a
unique combination of strengths - quick access to multiple back-end
information sources, workflow that is optimized for specific
industries, and turnkey deployment services and professional support.
Backed by years of in-market expertise, Aether is making it possible
for thousands of businesses and government agencies to unleash the
power of the mobile workforce. For more information, please visit
www.aethersystems.com

Publication date: 2002-10-27

© 2002, YellowBrix, Inc.

CNNmoney

contact us | magazine
customer service |
site
map | CNN/Money
glossary

OTHER NEWS: CNN | CNNSI | Fortune | Business 2.0 | Time | ON
Copyright © 2002 CNN America, Inc. An AOL Time
Warner Company ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Terms under which this
service is provided to you. privacy policy