Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Data Security Policies & Regional Info Sharing MOU

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:09:12 -0400

*************************************************************************** 

  MESSAGE:  (#1347) Data Security Policies & Regional Info Sharing MOU 
            <http://www.apco911.org/theexchange/index.cgi?rev=1347> 
  AUTHOR:   Bob Griffiths [email-masked] www.nlectc.org 
  DATE:     Friday, 25 October 2002, at 1:48 p.m. 

One of our local agencies is struggling with implementing a large mobile data 
environment at the same time they are being approached by state, federal, and 
other local agencies requesting shared access to their records management 
system. A new, regionally shared, system is currently being discussed. 

They called for guidance in two areas: 

1. Examples of existing internal Data Security policies and procedures within 
a LE agency, especially one who uses Mobile Computing, 

2. Examples of any MOUs or other agreements dealing with data security between 
different agencies’ Records Management Systems. 

If any of you have examples you can collect and forward to me I will 
consolidate them and share them. I also could make arrangements to upload them 
to the web site for future use. 

Bob Griffiths, Director 
National Law Enforcement & Corrections Technology Center - Northwest 
A program of the National Institute of Justice 
4000 Old Seward Hwy, Suite 301 
Anchorage, AK 99503-6068 
Office: 907.569.6931 Toll Free: 866.569.2969 
Fax: 907.569.6939 Cell: 907.229.7005 
[email-masked] www.nlectc.org

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Looking for a more powerful website? Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month.
Register your domain name (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
http://us.click.yahoo.com/auyVXB/KJoEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/