Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Hop-On Signs CDMA License Agreement With QUALCOMM

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 05:18:50 -0500

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/10-23-2002/0001825660&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Hop-On Signs CDMA License Agreement With QUALCOMM

GARDEN GROVE, Calif., Oct. 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
Hop-On (OTC: HPON), an innovative developer of disposable and fully recyclable
cell phones, today announced that it has signed a CDMA subscriber unit license
agreement with QUALCOMM Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM). Under the terms of the
royalty-bearing agreement, QUALCOMM has granted Hop-On a worldwide license
under QUALCOMM's CDMA technology and patents to develop, manufacture and sell
cdmaOne(TM) and CDMA2000 1X/1xEV-DO subscriber equipment.
Peter Michaels, Chairman and CEO of Hop-On, commented, "QUALCOMM has an
unmatched track record and global reputation for offering high-quality
wireless solutions. This agreement is the latest validation of the global
opportunity in front of Hop-On as we work to establish our disposable cell
phone as an affordable, mass market communications solution."
"This license agreement allows Hop-On to develop innovative and unique
mobile products that support the rapidly growing worldwide CDMA market," said
Greg Cobb, vice president and assistant general manager of technology
licensing for QUALCOMM. "We are always pleased to license entrepreneurial
companies looking to expand the availability and variety of CDMA products in
the marketplace."

About QUALCOMM Incorporated
QUALCOMM Incorporated (http://www.qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and
delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services
based on the Company's CDMA digital technology. Headquartered in San Diego,
Calif., QUALCOMM is included in the S&P 500 Index and traded on The Nasdaq
Stock Market(R) under the ticker symbol QCOM.

About Hop-On
Hop-On (OTC: HPON) is the developer and marketer of the world's first
disposable, fully recyclable and contract free cell phone. Hop-On's CDMA
phone is a digital, single mode cellular handset that operates in the 800 MHz
frequency band. The phones, which provide a much-needed alternative to full
service cellular contracts and prepaid calling cards, are fully recyclable and
will offer a rechargeable battery and the capability to add on additional
minutes. For more information, visit http://www.hop-on.com.

CONTACTS:
David Pasquale, 646-536-7006, or Jim Olecki, 646-536-7021
Both of The Ruth Group, http://www.TheRuthGroup.com

This Company's news release contains forward-looking statements within the
meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such
statements relate to, among other things, software functionality and capacity,
timing of the commencement of operations and cash flow, and are indicated by
words or phrases such as "anticipate," "estimate," "plans" and similar words
or phrases. The following are among the principal factors that could cause
actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements:
general business and economic conditions in the Company's operations,
including the rate of inflation, population, employment and job growth rate,
the pricing pressures and other competitive factors and issues arising from
year 2000 information technology issues. Consequently actual events and
results may vary significantly from those included in or contemplated or
implied by such statements.

SOURCE Hop-On

Issuers
of news releases and not PR Newswire are solely responsible for the accuracy of
the content.

Copyright © 1996-2002 PR Newswire Association LLC. All Rights Reserved.

A United
Business Media company.