Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel and Motorola Introduce Special Edition Mobile Phone Inspired By Victorinox(R), Makers of the Original Swiss Army Knife(TM)

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:56:38 -0500

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/021028/cgm005a_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Search -

Finance Home -
Yahoo! -
Help

Welcome,
marcel_rf1
[Sign
Out]

Money Manager
-
My Yahoo! View
-
Customize

Financial
News

Enter
symbol(s) BasicDayWatchPerformanceReal-time MktDetailedChartResearchOptionsOrder
Book
Symbol Lookup

Press Release

Source:
Motorola, Inc.

Nextel and Motorola Introduce Special Edition Mobile Phone Inspired By Victorinox(R), Makers of the Original Swiss Army Knife(TM)
Monday October 28, 10:00 am ET

Four-in-One Communications Tool Offered With Popular All-in-One Pocket Knife Available Exclusively Through Nextel

RESTON, Va. and PLANTATION, Fla., Oct. 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
Nextel Communications (Nasdaq: NXTL - News) and Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT - News) today
announced the Motorola i90c Special Edition phone, inspired by Victorinox®,
makers of the Original Swiss Army(TM) Knife. This translucent red mobile phone
with vibrant red backlighting comes packaged with a matching Swiss Army Knife,
making it the ideal holiday gift.

ADVERTISEMENT

"The Motorola i90c Special Edition handset is a four-in-one communications
device, combining a wireless phone, two-way radio, text pager and Internet
microbrowser," said Peter Aloumanis, vice president and general manager, U.S.
Markets Division, Motorola's iDEN® Subscriber Group. "In a way, it's the
Swiss Army knife of mobile phones, making this a perfect partnership."
"Nextel is excited to offer the Motorola i90c Special Edition phone in
time for the holiday season," said Mark Adams, vice president, Nextel Retail
Stores. "The Swiss Army product line is one that we think will appeal strongly
to the upwardly mobile professional with an active lifestyle, which is our
target customer."
The phone offers all the features of the standard Motorola i90c handset,
including Java(TM) technology, which allows users to download and run
applications to meet their individual business and personal needs. It also
features voice recognition, voice recorder, built-in speakerphone, two-way
radio capabilities, and 'always connected' Internet access.
The phone comes with several applications that are exclusive to the
Motorola i90c Special Edition, including 85 Ways to Use a Swiss Army Knife,
The Worst Case Scenario Survival Handbook(TM) Wireless Edition by Joshua Piven
and David Borgenicht, and a First Aid Manual. Users can download additional
applications and musical ring tones at www.nextel.com/idenupdate .
The Motorola i90c Special Edition phone will be available exclusively
through Nextel retail stores, at www.nextel.com/swissarmy and through
1-800-Nextel9, beginning November 1. For a suggested retail price of $249.99,
the phone comes with a matching Victorinox Swiss Army Knife and a translucent
red belt clip. A matching red earbud and vehicular battery charger are also
available and are sold separately.
About The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook
The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook is a multi-million copy
international bestseller, the first in the series of highly successful books
by Joshua Piven and David Borgenicht about surviving life's sudden turns for
the worse. Other books in the series include The Worst-Case Scenario Survival
Handbook: Travel, The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Dating & Sex, The
Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Golf, and The Worst-Case Scenario
Survival Handbook: Holidays. For more information on the series please visit
www.worstcasescenarios.com .
About Nextel
Nextel Communications, a Fortune 300 company based in Reston, Va., is a
leading provider of fully-integrated wireless voice and data communications
services including Nextel Direct Connect® -- the long-range digital walkie-
talkie feature; high quality digital cellular services; Nextel Online®
wireless data content and business solutions; and two-way messaging services.
Nextel and Nextel Partners, Inc. have built the largest guaranteed all-digital
wireless network covering 197 of the top 200 U.S. markets. Nextel's wireless
voice and packet data communications services are available today in areas of
the U.S. where approximately 239 million people live or work.
About Motorola and iDEN
Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT - News) is a global leader in providing integrated
communications and embedded electronic solutions. Sales in 2001 were
$30 billion.
iDEN handsets combine the capabilities of a digital wireless phone with
"always on" Internet access, text pager, and two-way radio to enable users to
instantly communicate with one or hundreds of individuals at the push of a
button. For further information on iDEN handsets, visit
www.motorola.com/iden .
About Swiss Army Brands, Inc.
Swiss Army Brands, Inc. is the exclusive United States, Canadian, and
Caribbean marketer of Victorinox® Original Swiss Army(TM) Knives, multi-
tools and SwissCards(TM). In addition to its line of Swiss Army® Brand
Watches, and Writing Instruments, the Company also markets Bear MGC(TM) knives
and multi-tools as well as cutlery under the R. H. Forschner® brand. The
Company sublicenses the famous Victorinox Crest and the Victorinox trademark
to select quality manufacturers for Victorinox Travel Gear and Victorinox
Apparel. Swiss Army Brands operates a flagship retail store at 136 Prince
Street in the SoHo neighborhood of New York City. The Company web site is
located at www.swissarmy.com .
MOTOROLA and the stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent &
Trademark Office. All other product or service names are the property of their
respective owners. Java and all other Java-based marks are trademarks or
registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. and other
countries. Victorinox® and Swiss Army(TM) are registered trademarks of
Swiss Army Brands, Inc.

Reader Inquiry Response
Motorola SPS
P.O. Box 17927
Denver, CO 80217 USA

MOTOROLA, the stylized M Logo and all other trademarks indicated such as
herein are trademarks of Motorola, Inc. (R) Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off. All
other product or service names are the property of their respective owners.

Source:
Motorola, Inc.
Email this story
-
Set
a News
Alert
ADVERTISEMENT

Special Offers

·

Rent all the DVDs you want - Try FREE!

·

Paying too much for insurance? Find out

·

Join Gevalia Kaffe today & Get a Great Gift!

·

Interest rates won't stay this low forever. Yahoo! Mortgage Center

·

CyberTrader unveils lower commissions.

·

Web hosting. Best quality, 24/7 toll free support. Lowest prices.

·

$7.95 Domain Name Registrations & Transfers at Aplus.Net!

·

$8.95 Domain Name Registrations & $7.75 Transfers at GoDaddy.com

Related
Quotes

MOT
NXTL

9.00
10.38

+0.10
+0.15

News
News

View Detailed Quotes
Delayed 20 mins
Quote data provided by
Reuters

Related News Stories

·

China Eastcom, Motorola JV Gets CNY1.72 Billion Unicom Order - Dow Jones Business News (9:45 pm)

·

UPDATE 1-Nextel Partners loss narrows, revenue jumps - Reuters (6:14 pm)

·

UPDATE 3-QwestDex bond sale shrinks, buyout firms up stakes - Reuters (2:44 pm)

·

New Motorola Mobile Phone from Bloomingdale's is Alive in Color - PR Newswire (10:00 am)

More...

·

By
industry:
Computers, Publishing, Retail, Semiconductors, Telecom

Top Stories

·

Stocks Slip, End 3-Week Rally - Reuters (4:49 pm)

·

American Express Profit More Than Doubles - Reuters (7:16 pm)

·

WorldCom Board Member Kellett Resigns - Reuters (7:39 pm)

·

Fed OKs Citi Purchase of Golden State - Reuters (7:35 pm)

More...

·

Most-emailed
articles

·

Most-viewed
articles

Finance Spotlight

·

Research
Reports
Expert insight at great prices

·

MarketTracker
Live streaming quotes for $9.95/mo

Copyright ©
2002 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy
-
Terms of Service
Copyright
©
2002 PR
Newswire.
All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution
of
PRNewswire content is expressly prohibited without
the prior written
consent of PRNewswire. PRNewswire shall not be liable
for any errors or
delays in the content, or for any actions taken in
reliance thereon.