Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:45:30 -0400

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, October 24, 2002
================================================================
 
--------------------------------------------------------
Reap The Rewards Of Your Own Intranet Service
--------------------------------------------------------
 
You can now experience the benefits of an Intranet with a 30-Day FREE Trial offer. An
Intranet is an essential tool for today's business world. With access to so many helpful
features, in no time you will see improved organization and increased productivity in your
company. Experience the benefits first hand:
 
- Document library for sharing and storing key information
- Group and personal calendar
- Task management tool
- Tools to help keep your intranet secure and simple to administer
 
Sign up today for your 30-Day FREE Trial!
http://www.intranets.com/VN/SITE/

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Telecommunications Slowdown Restrains Market for Surface Acoustic Wave Devices
2) Agilent Technologies Announces Latest Release of Its Advanced Design System 
3) Mimix Broadband, Inc. Announces Relocation of Its Corporate Headquarters to New
Facility in Houston, Texas
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Telecommunications Slowdown Restrains Market for Surface Acoustic Wave Devices
 
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- October 18, 2002 -- The recent economic downturn that has stalled
sales of new mobile phones is also restraining growth of the surface acoustic wave (SAW)
devices, which are used in mobile phones and base stations to filter radio and
intermediate frequencies....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/news/article.asp?docid=%7b97224f64-7297-4b1d-81de-2cc210866346%7d
 
2) Agilent Technologies Announces Latest Release of Its Advanced Design System 
 
PALO ALTO, Calif., Oct. 14, 2002 -- Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced
the latest version of the Agilent Advanced Design System (ADS), electronic design
automation (EDA) software intended for design engineers creating RF, microwave and
wireless communication products. ADS 2002C provides advances in simulation technology and
usability for RF system, circuit and physical design...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/news/article.asp?docid=%7bf8c25cfb-fe42-49e0-a19f-9ddf8c1ad406%7d
 
3) Mimix Broadband, Inc. Announces Relocation of Its Corporate Headquarters to New
Facility in Houston, Texas
 
October 17, 2002, Houston, Texas - Mimix Broadband, Inc. announced today the relocation of
its corporate headquarters to a new facility in Houston, Texas where it will continue to
operate an ISO 9001 certified manufacturing, assembly, test and management facility. The
15,000 square foot facility includes a newly constructed Clean Room used for wafer probe
testing of monolithic microwave integrated circuits (MMICs), die attaching and wire
bonding...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/news/article.asp?DocID={2709FF66-59CF-43A4-914F-2A03A2FDEE45%7d

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) MoM-Based EM Simulator 
2) 100 C Series Porcelain High RF Power MLCs
3) Twin NPN Transistors
4) Continuously Variable Clock Recovery
5) nFUZION
6) Antenna VSWR Monitoring Systems
7) Microwave Conformance Services
8) High-Power C Band Solid-State Power Amplifier
9) Power Dividers SMA and Type 'N'
10) Resonator Filters
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) MoM-Based EM Simulator 
 
IE3D is a full-wave, method-of-moments based electromagnetic simulator solving the current
distribution on 3D and multilayer structures of general shape. It has been widely used in
the design of MMICs, RFICs, LTCC circuits, microwave/millimeter-wave circuits, IC
interconnects and packages, HTS circuits, patch antennas, wire antennas, and other
RF/wireless antennas...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/Content/ProductShowcase/product.asp?DocID={CAF51E0E-229A-11D6-A789-00D0B7694F32%7d
 
2) 100 C Series Porcelain High RF Power MLCs
 
Features:
- Improved low ESR/ESL Performance 
- Ultra-stable under high RF current and voltage applications 
- Proven RF Power Performer
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=15CFB37D-4AF6-11D6-A789-00D0B7694F32
 
3) Twin NPN Transistors
 
UPA Series Twin Transistor devices have been released in a smaller, lower profile ?TC?
package. With a height of 0.55 mm these 6-pin packages have a footprint smaller than an
SOT-363, making them suitable for size-constrained applications like cell phones, PCS
handsets, PCMCIA cards, miniature VCOs, pagers, keyless entry transmitters, and other
portable wireless products...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=1A88F5DE-2E3F-11D3-9A4B-00A0C9C83AFB
 
4) Continuously Variable Clock Recovery
 
Elcom's series VSCR enables clock recovery from NRZ and RZ data stream by automatically
adjusting to any data rate within the unit operating range of 9.95 to 10.75 Gbps. An
optional rate of 9.95 to 12.55 Gbps is also available. Data rates of 20 and 40 Gbps are
under development...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=CDC100B2-2652-11D6-A789-00D0B7694F32
 
5) nFUZION
 
Features:
- Integrated power and high reliability/high availability computing solutions
- Positioned at the apex of market convergence in Telecom, Network, Broadcast, CTI and
Medical/Industrial applications
- Building block system components combining application specific needs with a base of
integrated power and computing products
- Scalable, reliable, open standards-based solutions delivered into the market with
unprecedented speed and efficiency
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/Content/ProductShowcase/product.asp?DocID={132157D0-19C0-11D6-A789-00D0B7694F32%7d
 
6) Antenna VSWR Monitoring Systems
 
An expanded line of Communication Antenna Testing Systems (CATS) brings enhanced RF
diagnostic capabilities to cellular and PCS sites using AMPS, NAMPS, GSM, TDMA, or CDMA
protocols. CATS systems are used with Ericsson, Lucent, Motorola, and Nortel BTS
systems...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=0C673CA5-EDEB-11D2-94BD-00A0C9B3BDF2
 
7) Microwave Conformance Services
 
Our dedicated team of professional and experienced engineers is ready to work around the
clock to get our customers' products to market, offering support during development and
compliance testing. We are also actively involved in the standards making process, to keep
abreast of changes and help our customers to design for compliance...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=01CDA866-7D7A-11D4-8C5D-009027DE0829
 
8) High-Power C Band Solid-State Power Amplifier
 
Aethercomm P/N SSPA 5.0-6.2-20 is a high power C band solid state power amplifier that
operates from 5.0 to 6.2 GHz. It offers a minimum of 20 watts of linear RF power at 65? C
base plate temperature. Saturated output power is greater than 30 watts across the band...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=C6BBE9B6-F2F7-11D5-A781-00D0B7694F32
 
9) Power Dividers SMA and Type 'N'
 
This new series of communication band power combiners/dividers are available in SMA and
Type N connector versions of 2-way, 4-way, 6-way, 8-way, and 16-way units. These products
provide excellent isolation and low insertion loss. Narrow band versions covering either
cellular (824 - 849MHz) or PCS (1850 to 1910MHz) are also available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/Content/ProductShowcase/product.asp?DocID={03282943-366E-11D4-8C3D-009027DE0829%7d
 
10) Resonator Filters
 
A series of microwave hairpin resonator bandpass filters reduce the size, weight, and cost
of subsystems such as multiplexers. The MMFM-FBG series can be used in receiver IFs,
low-level transmitter exciters, and the channelized receivers of electronic
countermeasures systems...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=1E91E4FF-EDEE-11D2-94BD-00A0C9B3BDF2

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
ADVERTISE ONLINE
Need to reach qualified buyers of business products and professional services?  Advertise
on Wireless Design Online or in the Wireless Design Online Newsletter. Find out how our
flexible advertising programs can help you meet your marketing objectives:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/advariant/advertising.asp
 
==========================================================
FREE TRADE PUBLICATIONS 
Browse from the extensive list of trade publications by industry, title, key word or
geographic eligibility to find the titles that best match your skills and interests. All
of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no hidden fees, no soft or trial offers,
and no obligation.   
http://verticalnet.tradepub.com/main/main.html
 
==========================================================
CONSULTING SERVICES
Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online Consulting
Services. With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy to use service
ensures you'll get the right firm, every time. 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/welcome/prosavvy
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Worklife Solutions to bring you the most
comprehensive resume and job search capabilities on the Web. Post your resume, take
advantage of free career services, and search our database of 500,000 jobs. Visit today:
http://vertical.worklife.com/onlines/wirelessdesignonline/index.html
 
==========================================================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/