Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: [fr2] 935 MHz anywhere

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:11:32 -0400

Actually there was never a full blown 900 Mhz  iDEN deployment. In the late 90's Moto did
release a 900 Mhz iDEN system but it was targeted for small SMR operators. The system was
cost prohibitive on the balance sheet. Very few if any were actually deployed.

Simultaneously Moto/ Geotek was trying to transfer major blocks of spectrum to Nextel. DOJ
stepped in and sued Nextel and Moto on antitrust issues. Moto and Nextel cut a deal with
DOJ. Nextel agreed to delay acquisition of the freqs (on paper only). Behind the scenes
Nextel was scheming on how to obtain more 900 Mhz freqs.

Enter Neoworld-

Neoworld was formed in the late 90's early 2000's. They acquired some of Geotek's 900 Mhz
spectrum from Hughes Electronics & other Geotek creditors. Neoworld's pitch was "We are
going to build a Nationwide Network utilizing a new Technology". In the end Neoworld just
turned out to be "Front Men" for Nextel. No Network, No New Technology, Nada, Zipo
Nothing.......   Nextel brought the freqs from Neoworld and the "Dirty Deed" was done.

Neoworld was not the only front men Nextel also had several individuals who would bid on
spectrum, hold it for a while then sell it to a second party who then sold it to Nextel.
In some cases the second party was skipped all together.

Fast Forward >>>>

Moto recently received approval for their dual band 800/900 mhz Base Radio. They also have
several dual band handsets. With Nextel's 900Mhz construction build out wavier running out
Nextel is pressed to either trade the spectrum (Nextel Scam Plan II) or build-out.

"Steven J. Makky, Sr., ENP" wrote:

> Much of these went to iDEN, although I'm not exactly sure what the
> mechanism was... either iDEN came first and they lost customer base, or 900
> MHz channels were shut down to squeeze capacity and create more queueing
> and make 900 MHz less desirable than iDEN. Or it could have been a
> combination of both. This began around 1993.
>
> Motorola had plans to build a competitive iDEN system in 900 MHz that would
> go head-to-head with NexTEL and SouthernLINC. Haven't heard much about it
> recently.
>
> Customers have been migrating off of iDEN as well. There are a lot of
> analog narrowband trunked systems being built on 12.5 kHz UHF interstitials
> and 7.5 kHz VHF interstitials and there should be some competition again.
> This may indicate a resurgence in 900 MHz trunking build-out where channels
> are available.

    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Looking for a more powerful website? Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month.
Register your domain name (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
http://us.click.yahoo.com/auyVXB/KJoEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 04:26:27 -0400

Steve,

That's funny they offered me a Job too. But I decided to go with a federal defense system
contractor.

That was the abbreviated version. For all the details and names read my book "The Bureau"
coming to a bookstore near you.

"Steven J. Makky, Sr., ENP" wrote:

> Marcel wrote:
> >Subject: Re: 935 MHz anywhere
>
> Thanks for tying it together, Marcel!
>
> I had a friend who worked for Geotek in the Tampa area. The pace of their
> 1997 build-out was astonishing. He was traveling between the US office in
> NJ and various sites and almost made it out to Israel. Then, 1998 came and
> the fixed-end assets were pretty much abandoned and picked clean.
>
> He works for the "N" place now.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->