Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Pulver.com Conference News - October 24, 2002

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:43:27 -0400

pulver.com Conference News

The October 24, 2002 Issue:

- IP Telephony Jobs
- Supernova 2002 - Early Bird Registration ends on October 25th
- Call for Speakers - Spring 2003 VON: Deadline November 29th
- SIP Forum at Comdex Fall 2002
- pulver.com 2002/2003 Conference Calendar

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 IP Telephony Jobs from: ( http://pulver.com/jobs )

As your company has job openings, please consider posting them with
pulver.com. please email: [email-masked] for job posting information.

Recent job posting (as of October 23, 2002):

- Sr. Sales Engineer - SS8 Networks

If you are interested in pursuing this position, please visit
( http://pulver.com/jobs ) for full details.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Supernova 2002 - Early Bird Registration ends on October 25th

Supernova 2002 will be taking place December 9-10 in
Palo Alto, CA.

Delegates attending Supernova, Kevin Werbach's ( http:/www.werbach.com )
new conference,
will be exploring the distributed future, Full details are
available on the event Website ( http://pulver.com/supernova ).

Kevin writes:

"Why another conference, especially now?  With the bursting of the
Internet bubble, businesses, end-users, investors, and vendors face a
bewildering array of challenges.  Yet a common theme runs through the
fundamental questions facing software, communications, and media.
That theme is decentralization.

Intelligence is moving to the edges, through networked computers,
empowered users, shifting partnerships, fluid digital content, distributed
work teams, and powerful communications devices.  Supernova is the first
event to bring these threads together.  Those who understand the business
opportunities, technical underpinnings, and policy implications of
decentralization will have a competitive advantage in any economy.

At Supernova, you'll hear from leaders such as:
 - Google Co-Founder Sergey Brin
 - Microsoft Corporate VP Daniel Lewin
 - Commentator Clay Shirky
 - Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff
 - Cap Gemini Ernst & Young CTO John Parkinson
 - IBM VP of Advanced Technology Rod Smith
 - Visionary Howard Rheingold

We'll explore the critical challenges of collaborative business, the
promise and peril of Web services, the wholesale rethinking of
telecommunications, and the conflicts over broadband media.  You won't
hear any dull sales pitches, analyst mumbo-jumbo, or speakers chosen
because their companies are sponsors.  You *will* find insights you can
put to work, impressive people on-stage and off, full wireless
connectivity, and the best Weblog support of any conference, ever.

For four years, I edited Esther Dyson's newsletter Release 1.0 and
co-organized the exclusive PC Forum.  Supernova is your opportunity to
benefit from that experience. I've personally developed the
themes, organized the agenda, and selected the speakers.

I'm producing Supernova in partnership with pulver.com. We're capping
attendance to ensure an intimate and productive environment. I've stocked
the agenda to help you get the maximum benefit in two days.
Register ( http://pulver.com/supernova/register.html ) for the conference
by October 25th to take advantage of our "early bird" pricing.

As bad as the market may be, can you afford not to have a strategy?  Now
is the time to understand the future.  Supernova is the place."

------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Call for Speakers - Spring 2003 VON: Deadline November 29th

We have just started working on the schedule and sessions for Spring 2003
VON which will be taking place March 31 - April 3rd at the San Jose
Convention Center.

Please feel free to email: <[email-masked]> your suggestions for the
content which you would like to see covered in San Jose. Our formal "call
for speakers" is open now and the deadline for submitting speaking
proposals is November 29th.

Please feel free to submit your speaking proposal to:
( http://pulver.com/von/speak/speakerindex.html ).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
 SIP Forum at Comdex Fall 2002

On behalf of the SIP Forum Marketing Work Group, I'm pleased to announce
that the organizers of COMDEX Fall 2002 (http://www.comdex.com) have
invited the SIP Forum to stage a multi-vendor showcase during the show in
Las Vegas from November 18-22. This presents us with a significant
opportunity to enhance the visibility of SIP and the Forum, as well as to
have some of our members demonstrate their SIP-based products/services.

The SIP Forum would like to extend an invitation to its members to
participate!

We will have a 20'x 20' booth - because the space is limited, acceptance
will be on a first come, first served basis. Depending on the final number
of companies involved, each participating member will pay approximately
US $6,000 - this will provide booth set-up, ethernet access, furniture and
all other costs associated with staging this event.

The booth will be based on the one used for the Supercomm showcase, and
consists of individual podiums and signage identifying each company, as
well as the logical network layout of the booth participants. In addition
to visibility during the show, COMDEX/Key3Media will be including
mentions of the SIP Forum's involvement in their promotional activities.

Each participating company will be responsible for product set-up and
staffing. Based on your response, we will confirm our booth space at this
event. Participating companies will then work together on specifics
including defining a set of interoperability scenarios that highlight
product interworking, focusing on end user and network operator benefits.

We strongly encourage our members to take advantage of this unparalleled
marketing opportunity. We need your commitment to proceed so please
get back to Edward Keegan (mailto:[email-masked]) by the end
of this week.

We look forward to working with your company and making the event a
success
for everyone involved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
pulver.com 2002/2003 Conference Calendar
( http://pulver.com/conference )

"Events for the Communications Industry" (tm)

2002

November 18-22 - SIP Forum @ COMDEX, Las Vegas, NV
                 ( http://www.sipforum.org)

December 4-5 - VON Japan, Tokyo, Japan
                 ( http://www.key3media.co.jp/von )

December 9-10 - SuperNova 2002, Palo Alto, CA
                 ( http://pulver.com/supernova )

2003

March 31
- April 3rd   - Spring 2003 VON,
                San Jose Convention Center, San Jose, CA
                 ( http://pulver.com/von ).

March 31
- April 2     - Spring 2003 Location Based Services Summit,
                San Jose Convention Center, San Jose, CA
                 ( http://pulver.com/lbs )

April 1-2     - Connectivity 2003
                San Jose Convention Center, San Jose, CA

April 2-3     - 2003 Presence and Instant Messaging,
                San Jose Convention Center, San Jose, CA

April 29
- May 1      - SIP Summit 2003, Las Vegas, NV

June 4       - pulverReport party @ Supercomm 2003, Atlanta, GA.

June 9-12    - VON Europe 2003,
               Olympia Conference Centre, London, UK

September
22-25        - Fall 2003 VON, Hynes Convention Center,
               Boston, MA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Plan to Sell a Home?
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J2SnNA/y.lEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/