Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:18:58 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, October 31, 2002
================================================================
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Generate Sales Leads Through Wireless Design Online
---------------------------------------------------------------------
 
We can deliver qualified sales leads for your products and services by reaching qualified
buyers on Wireless Design Online. For more information, email us at
mailto:[email-masked], or give us a call at 215-675-1800.

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) QUALCOMM Announces Production Shipment of World's First radioOne 3G CDMA2000 1X Chipset
and System Software
2) Skyworks Achieves Operating Profitability
3) Innovics Wireless delivers first hardware for next-generation mobile multimedia
communication
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) QUALCOMM Announces Production Shipment of World's First radioOne 3G CDMA2000 1X Chipset
and System Software; MSM6050 Solution is Shipped in Production Quantities and Addresses
Manufacturers' and Operators' Need for Application-Rich, Data-Enabled 3G
 
SAN DIEGO, Oct 29, 2002 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- QUALCOMM Incorporated
(Nasdaq: QCOM), pioneer and world leader of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) digital
wireless technology today announced the on-time production shipment of the MSM6050(TM)
Mobile Station Modem (MSM(TM)) chipset and system software for third-generation (3G)
CDMA2000 1X mobile devices. Production quantities began...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/news/article.asp?docid=%7be2195fc1-f9a6-45d7-b925-55971f84d03e%7d
 
2) Skyworks Achieves Operating Profitability; Delivers Fourth Quarter FY02 Revenues of
$151 Million, Up More Than 50 Percent Year-Over-Year
 
WOBURN, Mass., Oct 29, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Skyworks Solutions Inc. (Nasdaq:SWKS), the
industry's leading wireless semiconductor company focused on radio frequency (RF) and
complete cellular system solutions for mobile communications applications, today announced
revenues of $150.7 million for the
fourth fiscal quarter ended Sept. 27, 2002, up 52 percent as compared with combined
company revenues...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/news/article.asp?docid=%7bf9b02f80-693b-45fb-8325-773f37dd8ac2%7d
 
3) Innovics Wireless delivers first hardware for next-generation mobile multimedia
communication; Chip and PCMCIA card demonstrate increased capacity, battery life, data
rate and service quality
 
California, Oct 30, 2002 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) -- Innovics Wireless today unveiled the
first demonstration products in its range of solutions which will enable next-generation
3G wireless networks to deliver on the promise of genuine mobile multimedia
communications. The company has delivered samples of its Trailblazer module to selected
customers worldwide: the company has also successfully...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/news/article.asp?docid=%7bac436bd5-edc1-4090-953c-b6cd1b2b518c%7d

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillator 
2) Sub-Assemblies
3) Delay Lines
4) Antenna Design Services
5) Flexible Cable Assemblies
6) Compact 100 watt Power Combiners for Systems Applications
7) Dual Fractional-N PLL
8) AV141-321 GaAs IC PHMET Voltage Variable Attenuator 
9) 3V PCS Low Noise Amplifier
10) Ansoft Designer
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillator 
 
Corning's Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillator (VCXO) is a crystal controlled oscillator
where the frequency changes in direct proportion to the application of a control voltage.
Another term for this phenomenon is Frequency Modulation, or FM. Frequency Modulation is
achieved by impressing a voltage on a modulator, which causes the frequency to move or
deviate from its nominal frequency...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=0C672C18-EDEB-11D2-94BD-00A0C9B3BDF2
 
2) Sub-Assemblies
 
Reactel has developed a line of integrated sub-assemblies. We can combine any number of
our filters with our switches to make a switched filter bank, this configuration offers
the reliability of our filter and switch products, and convenience of one package...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=98A03E79-DB49-11D4-A76E-00D0B7694F32
 
3) Delay Lines
 
MICRO-COAX has added the LL series to its family of delay lines. The new delay lines are
typically configured with circular coils that allow connectors to be easily located
through relaxation of the coil. In addition, the delay lines' assembly has a low
microporous PTFE dielectric. The delay lines span the DC to 26.5 GHz frequency range and
offer 15 to 75 ns typical delay times...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=3ADAA58E-EDDE-11D2-94BD-00A0C9B3BDF2
 
4) Antenna Design Services
 
Our antenna design work is focused on microstrip antennas and parabolic dishes. Current
designs include products on 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz, X-Band, ISM and Cellular Bands. Applications
include WLAN, PCS/PCN, DECT, GPS, GSM and surveillance...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=C8F01729-4EBE-11D6-A789-00D0B7694F32
 
5) Flexible Cable Assemblies
 
Advanced Technical Materials (ATM) manufactures high performance microwave cable that
utilizes only the very best materials, incorporating proprietary manufacturing methods,
which yield very low Insertion Loss characteristics, high power capability and is
Amplitude and Phase Stable on a level not readily available in the microwave industry...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/Content/ProductShowcase/product.asp?DocID={6DB74F2D-CFFC-11D6-A78B-00D0B7694F32%7d
 
6) Compact 100 watt Power Combiners for Systems Applications
 
MECA introduces the H-Series, a compact, 100-watt, Wilkinson power combiner/dividers
ideally designed for systems applications utilizing multiple high-power transmitter or
antenna feeds. Standard models are available in 2-way and 4-way configurations for both
800 to 1000 MHz (AMPS, TDMA, CDMA, GSM) and 1.700 to 2.200 GHz (DCS, PCS, UMTS) wireless
bands...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=64C1966F-B5DB-11D6-A78B-00D0B7694F32
 
7) Dual Fractional-N PLL
 
Peregrine Semiconductor's PE3292 1.2 GHz/550 MHz dual fractional-N PLL is geared toward
cellular handsets, one-way and two-way pagers, and ISM band wireless products. Each PLL
within the PE3292 includes a FlexiPower prescaler, phase detector, charge pump, and
on-board fractional spur compensation...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=3ADAA850-EDDE-11D2-94BD-00A0C9B3BDF2
 
8) AV141-321 GaAs IC PHMET Voltage Variable Attenuator 
 
Skyworks introduces the AV141-321 Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) IC PHMET voltage variable
attenuator that combines price and performance over a high frequency range. Providing
high-end performance from 2.7 GHz ~ 4 GHz, the attenuator is designed for use in power
control applications for 3.5 GHz fixed wireless LAN applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=CAF534AB-229A-11D6-A789-00D0B7694F32
 
9) 3V PCS Low Noise Amplifier
 
The RF2364 is a low noise amplifier with a high dynamic range designed for CDMA, TDMA PCS
and WCDMA/cdma2000 applications. Manufactured with an advanced GaAs HBT (gallium arsenide
heterojunction bipolar transistor) process, the amplifier functions as an outstanding
front end low noise amplifier with the bias current able to be set externally...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=0D8B9F2C-6D58-11D4-8C57-009027DE0829
 
10) Ansoft Designer
 
Three-in-One Capabilities Ansoft Designer is the only integrated software package with a
combination of electromagnetic solvers for quasi-static, planar, and (with HFSS) 3D
problem solving capabilities that are fully integrated with system- and circuit-level
design via solver-on-demand. Ansoft Designer's capabilities include modeling, simulation,
and automation...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/productshowcase/product.asp?docid=E11282F0-6F3E-11D6-A789-00D0B7694F32

==========================================================
ADVERTISE ONLINE
Need to reach qualified buyers of business products and professional services?  Advertise
on Wireless Design Online or in the Wireless Design Online Newsletter. Find out how our
flexible advertising programs can help you meet your marketing objectives:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/advariant/advertising.asp
 
==========================================================
FREE TRADE PUBLICATIONS 
Browse from the extensive list of trade publications by industry, title, key word or
geographic eligibility to find the titles that best match your skills and interests. All
of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no hidden fees, no soft or trial offers,
and no obligation.   
http://verticalnet.tradepub.com/main/main.html
 
==========================================================
CONSULTING SERVICES
Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online Consulting
Services. With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy to use service
ensures you'll get the right firm, every time. 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/welcome/prosavvy
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Worklife Solutions to bring you the most
comprehensive resume and job search capabilities on the Web. Post your resume, take
advantage of free career services, and search our database of 500,000 jobs. Visit today:
http://vertical.worklife.com/onlines/wirelessdesignonline/index.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/