Subject: [NEXTEL-1] USA gets its first commercial 1xEV-DO network

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:49:39 -0500

USA gets its first commercial 1xEV-DO network

10/30/02

Monet Mobile Networks, a Seattle-based wireless Internet service provider, has launched
the USA's first commercial CDMA2000 1xEV-DO wireless data network. Customers can use Monet
Broadband by installing the GTRAN Wireless DotSurfer PC card and/or the DotSurfer
CardReader for desktops. Monet is deploying a network based on CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
technology, optimized for data.
"Qualcomm congratulates Monet Mobile on the launch of the nation's first commercial
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO network," said Dr. Irwin Mark Jacobs, chairman and CEO of Qualcomm. "This
launch exemplifies what CDMA2000 1xEV-DO technology brings to business and residential
users -- fast, affordable wireless access to the Internet. CDMA2000 1xEV-DO's flexibility,
high-speed, 'always-on' features make it ideal for enabling wireless Internet access in
fixed, portable or mobile environments."
LG Electronics is providing the network infrastructure equipment and support for Monet's
networks. LG is the infrastructure supplier to one of the world's largest 1xEV-DO network
located in South Korea. LG has leveraged its experience in South Korea to support the
commercial launch of Monet Broadband in the United States. Qualcomm supports 1xEV-DO with
chipsets and system software, including chipsets for the GTRAN Wireless PC modem cards,
which offer a variety of advanced features.
The commercial launch of Monet Broadband in Duluth expands Monet's service area in the
heartland of America. Monet will upgrade its existing networks in Sioux Falls, S.D.,
Fargo, and Grand Forks, N.D., Moorhead, MN and Eau Claire, WI to 1xEV-DO in November.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/