Subject: [NEXTEL-1] QUALCOMM Ships 450,000 Mobile Communications Units Worldwide and Signs 36 Trans

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 04:17:00 -0500

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Search -

Finance Home -
Yahoo! -
Help

Welcome,
radioresource
[Sign
Out]

Money Manager
-
My Yahoo! View
-
Customize

Financial
News

Enter
symbol(s) BasicDayWatchPerformanceReal-time MktDetailedChartResearchOptionsOrder
Book
Symbol Lookup

Press Release

Source:
QUALCOMM Incorporated

QUALCOMM Ships 450,000 Mobile Communications Units Worldwide and Signs 36 Transportation Fleets to Provide Wireless Fleet Management Solutions
Monday October 28, 7:30 am ET

- Carriers Look to the Industry's Leading Wireless Communications Provider for Improved Productivity and Fleetwide Security -

SAN DIEGO, Oct. 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
QUALCOMM Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM - News), the leader in mobile communications for
the transportation industry, today announced that it has shipped 450,000
mobile communications units worldwide and that 36 new U.S. carriers have
signed agreements to use the wireless fleet management system in QUALCOMM's
quarter ended September 2002. Some of the 36 fleets that signed on as new
QUALCOMM mobile communications customers include: AG Trucking, Builders
Transportation Co., Dupre Transport, Express Leasing, Luckey Trucking, MST
Express, New Line Transport, Oak Harbor Freight Lines, Pottles Transportation,
Specialized Transportation Services, Victory Leasing and Wegmans Foodmarkets.

ADVERTISEMENT

"QUALCOMM's mobile communications solutions continue to outperform our
customer's expectations," said Glynn Spangenberg, vice president of
Transportation & Logistics business operations for QUALCOMM Wireless Business
Solutions. "QUALCOMM remains committed to helping its customers with
industry-leading wireless data technologies that enable fleets to gain
operational efficiencies and improve over the road security at the same time."
Citing security as the leading factor in its decision, Dupre Transport,
LLC, a logistics service provider with a heavy concentration of flammables and
other hazardous materials products and one of the 36 customers to sign with
QUALCOMM this quarter, will begin deploying OmniTRACS® system units in their
fleet immediately.
"Our customers rely on us to safely deliver their cargo while providing
excellent customer service," said Tom Voelkel, executive vice president and
COO, Dupre Transport, LLC. "We believe that QUALCOMM's fleet management
systems will enable us to have on-demand in-transit visibility of our
operations for improved safety and security, while obtaining value for our
company through productivity gains and operating efficiencies."
Dupre Transport is a diversified transportation and logistics company
whose purpose is to design and deliver safe and profitable logistics solutions
and services that help its customers beat their competition. The company's
three business groups; Tank, Van and Dedicated Logistics, are headquartered in
Lafayette, La. For more information on Dupre, visit its Web site
www.dupretransport.com .
QUALCOMM's OmniTRACS system is a satellite-based mobile communications and
tracking system that provides real-time messaging and position reporting
between fleets and their operations centers. Messages are sent via satellite
through QUALCOMM's Network Management Center to dispatch centers throughout
the United States. The OmniTRACS system is an interactive, fully integrated
information management system that includes two-way mobile communications,
satellite tracking and fleet management software.
QUALCOMM's OmniExpress® system is a Code Division Multiple Access
(CDMA)-based digital wireless communications solution that offers metropolitan
areas and major highway corridors continuous, two-way data, and voice
communication vehicle tracking, and effective information management.
QUALCOMM has helped the transportation industry become more efficient
since 1988 when the introduction of the OmniTRACS mobile communications system
provided transportation companies with an innovative and effective way of
managing logistics. Today, QUALCOMM's fleet management solutions continue to
set the standard by offering products and services that meet and exceed the
demands of a constantly changing marketplace. Now, with OmniExpress, a CDMA-
based digital wireless communications and tracking system, along with other
industry-leading technologies, QUALCOMM continues to expand into new mobile
markets. QUALCOMM is the industry's global leader in providing high-value
wireless data solutions with a Network Management Center that processes more
than seven million transactions each day and over 450,000 QUALCOMM mobile
systems shipped to businesses in more than 39 countries on four continents.
QUALCOMM Incorporated ( www.qualcomm.com ) is a leader in developing and
delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services
based on the Company's CDMA digital technology. Headquartered in San Diego,
Calif., QUALCOMM is included in the S&P 500 Index and traded on The Nasdaq
Stock Market® under the ticker symbol QCOM.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release
contains forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and
uncertainties, including the extent to which the Company's OmniTRACS and other
mobile communications products are deployed, change in economic conditions of
the various markets the Company serves, as well as the other risks detailed
from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form
10-K for the year ended September 30, 2001, and most recent Form 10-Q.
QUALCOMM, OmniTRACS and OmniExpress are registered trademarks of QUALCOMM
Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective
owners.
For further information, please contact Jennifer Briscoe, QUALCOMM
Wireless Business Solutions, +1-858-658-5715, or fax, +1-858-658-1578,
[email-masked], or Patty Goodwin, Corporate Public Relations,
+1-858-651-4127, or fax, +1-858-651-5873, [email-masked], or
Julie Cunningham, Investor Relations, +1-858-658-4224, or fax,
+1-858-651-9303, [email-masked], all of QUALCOMM.
Make Your Opinion Count - Click Here

Source:
QUALCOMM Incorporated
Email this story
-
Set
a News
Alert
ADVERTISEMENT

Special Offers

·

Web hosting. Best quality, 24/7 toll free support. Lowest prices.

·

CyberTrader unveils lower commissions.

·

Bad Weather Driving Tips

·

$8.95 Domain Name Registrations & $7.75 Transfers at GoDaddy.com

·

Join Gevalia Kaffe today & Get a Great Gift!

·

Get up to 4 offers in the Yahoo! Mortgage Center

·

$7.95 Domain Name Registrations & Transfers at Aplus.Net!

·

Rent all the DVDs you want - Try FREE!

·

Paying too much for insurance? Find out

Related
Quote

QCOM

33.69

-1.70

News

View Detailed Quote
Delayed 20 mins
Quote data provided by
Reuters

Related News Stories

·

Beijing renews support for home-grown wireless std - Reuters (Tue Oct 29)

·

[audio] Boxer Brief: Important top completed? [3.5 min] - ON24 (Tue Oct 29)

·

Monet launches high-speed wireless data network - Reuters (Tue Oct 29)

·

QUALCOMM Announces Production Shipment of World's First radioOne 3G CDMA2000 1X Chipset and System Software - PR Newswire (Tue Oct 29)

More...

·

By
industry:
Computers, Telecom, Transportation

Top Stories

·

Consumer Confidence Plummets in October - Reuters (Tue Oct 29)

·

Americas-Wide Free Trade Faces Hurdle - Reuters (2:56 am)

·

Stocks Fall; Confidence Data Hits Street - Reuters (Tue Oct 29)

·

Toyota Profits Hit Record on Brisk Sales - Reuters (4:04 am)

More...

·

Most-emailed
articles

·

Most-viewed
articles

Finance Spotlight

·

Research
Reports
Expert insight at great prices

·

MarketTracker
Live streaming quotes for $9.95/mo

Copyright ©
2002 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy
-
Terms of Service
Copyright
©
2002 PR
Newswire.
All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution
of
PRNewswire content is expressly prohibited without
the prior written
consent of PRNewswire. PRNewswire shall not be liable
for any errors or
delays in the content, or for any actions taken in
reliance thereon.