Subject: [NEXTEL-1] J-Phone has 7 million camera phone users

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 02:03:07 -0500

J-Phone has 7 million camera phone users

Japan's J-Phone has said that as of October 23rd, the number of camera
enabled cellphones sold on the network exceeded the 7 million mark.
Since topping six million in August 2002, "Sha-mail" subscribers have
increased by 1 million in approximately two months, bringing the number
of "Sha-mail" users to 54% of J-Phone's total subscriber base.

J-Phone began its service called "Sha-mail" in June 2001, which allows a
person to take a picture with a mobile camera and send it as an e-mail
attachment. In addition to being able to send pictures to other J-Phone
users, with the commencement of J-Phone's "@Sha-mail" service, users are
now able to send photos to subscribers of other mobile operators in
Japan.

J-Phone now has a lineup of 20 different types of "Sha-mail"
photo-capable handsets, of which 6 are "Movie Sha-mail" (video
messaging) compatible. With the start of its mobile packet data service
in March 2002, J-Phone marked another milestone in mobile communications
by launching "Movie Sha-mail," a service which enables users to send and
receive e-mails with attachments containing audio/video messages of up
to five seconds in length. J-Phone now offers 6 "Movie Sha-mail
handsets" and currently has more than 800,000 customers subscribing to
the service.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/