Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] I-D ACTION:draft-suh-rmm-00.txt

From: "Hesham Soliman (EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 16:46:31 +0100

Hi Behcet,  

   draft-ietf-mobileip-hmipv6-07.txt 
   has not yet brought any satisfacty solution to the domain change detection problem 
   that I identified in my draft: 

=> Perhaps because this is not an IP-mobility-specific issue? 

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-mobileip-lmmframework-01.txt
  MIPv4 regional registration draft which is going nowhere solves this using NAI.

=> MIPv4 in general mixes AAA with mobility management. I sincerely hope
we don't go down that track again.

   There was some text in v6 of HMIPv6 addressing this problem which is now removed.
   How do we address domain or site changes, I think this is a fundamental problem of any 
   localized mobility management proposal.

=> Yes, but this was not related to domain discovery, this was related
to site-boundary discovery. I really liked that part of draft-ietf-ipng-site-prefixes
that gave a hint in the RA about the Site's location within the 
global topology. I think it's a simple and clever idea, but unfortunately
this draft is not progressing in the IPv6 WG for other reasons so we
couldn't reference it :(

Hesham