Subject: [NEXTEL-1] U.S. Navy's Naval Air Warfare Center Awards Titan $45 Million to Support Maritime Surveillance Aircraft Program]

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 04:56:23 -0500

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/10-25-2002/0001827506&EDATE=
------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

U.S. Navy's Naval Air Warfare Center Awards Titan $45 Million to Support Maritime Surveillance Aircraft Program

SAN DIEGO, Oct. 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Titan Corporation
(NYSE: TTN) announced today that it has been awarded a cost-plus, fixed-fee
follow-on contract by the U.S. Navy having a potential value, with options if
exercised, of $45 million over the next five years. Awarded by the Naval Air
Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD), Patuxent River, Maryland, Systems
Development Branch of the Systems Engineering Department, the contract
supports the Maritime Surveillance Aircraft (MSA) Program.
"Titan is extremely pleased to continue its support to the U.S. Navy and
the MSA Program," said Gene Ray, Titan's chairman and CEO. "The U.S. Navy's
MSA Program is a vital part of our national defense system, and we look
forward to contributing our systems engineering and program management
expertise towards its continued success."
Under this contract, Titan will provide a wide range of systems
engineering and program management support to the MSA Program including:
determination of system engineering functional and operational requirements
including man/machine interfaces, mechanical, electrical, environmental and
airframe/avionics interfaces; evaluation of alternative system approaches;
development and integration of system hardware and software; design and
formulation of specific system configurations; development of test plans; and
the test of NAWCAD developed systems during Navy test programs including Navy
Technical Evaluation assessments. In addition, Titan will develop MSA Program
training materials and provide training to test and fleet personnel.
Major programs supported under this contract include the P-3C Aircraft
Update II, P-3C Update III including the Block Modification Upgrade Program,
ASUW Improvement Program, foreign variants of the P-3C, and future
developments such as the Multi-Mission Maritime Aircraft.

Headquartered in San Diego, The Titan Corporation is a leading provider of
comprehensive information and communications systems solutions and services to
the Department of Defense, intelligence agencies, and other federal government
customers. The company has approximately 10,000 employees and annualized
sales of approximately $1.6 billion.

"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act
of 1995: The statements contained in this release, which are not historical
facts, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the
Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
Examples of such forward looking statements include that the government will
fund, continue to make awards, exercise options, and issue task orders against
the potential funding ceiling of contract. These statements are subject to
risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially
from those set forth in or implied by forward-looking statements. These risks
and uncertainties include the risks associated with the Company's dependence
on continued funding of U.S. Department of Defense and federal civilian agency
programs, contract termination risks, risks related to the Company's
commercials businesses, risks associated with acquiring other companies,
including integration risks, and other risks described in the Company's
Securities and Exchange Commission filings.

Media Contact: Wil Williams, Vice President Corporate Communications
(858) 552-9724 or [email-masked]
Investor Relations Contact: Rochelle Bold, Vice President Investor Relations
(858) 552-9400 or [email-masked]
If you would like to receive press releases via electronic mail,
please contact [email-masked]
Press Releases and other Titan information are available
on The Titan Corporation's
World Wide Web site: http://www.titan.com

SOURCE The Titan Corporation

Web Site: http://www.titan.com

Issuers
of news releases and not PR Newswire are solely responsible for the accuracy of
the content.

Copyright © 1996-2002 PR Newswire Association LLC. All Rights Reserved.

A United
Business Media company.