Subject: [NEXTEL-1] BK Radio Receives Type Acceptance for Project 25 Portable

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:17:43 -0500

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BK Radio Receives Type Acceptance for Project 25 Portable

WEST MELBOURNE, FL, March 25, 2003 – BK Radio has announced its new VHF digital portable
radio, the
DPH, has been approved by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for use in the
United States.  The
DPH is compliant with the Project 25 standard established by the Association of Public
Safety Communication
Officials (APCO). Project 25, which establishes a standard for digital LMR devices to meet
FCC requirements
for more efficient use of radio spectrum, is being increasingly adopted by government and
public safety, land
mobile radio (LMR) users nationwide.

Utilizing state of the art technology, the DPH was developed internally by the Company’s
engineering team and
provides major advantages over other digital portable radio offerings, including a unique
combination of
outstanding performance, technical specifications, and affordability. The DPH is less
expensive than
comparable products currently on the market, yet offers excellent audio clarity and
extended battery life.
Furthermore, complex, non-critical functions have been streamlined or eliminated, making
the unit easy to use.
Current BK Radio customers can utilize existing accessories, such as antennas and
batteries, a capability
that further reduces an initial investment.

In addition to common accessories, the DPH employs a physical operating interface
consistent with previous
BK Radio portables resulting in less user training issues. For current GPH users,
transition from analog to
digital operation is nearly transparent.

Standard features include 400 Channels programmable for digital, analog or mixed mode
operation,
programmable automatic mode detect and reply, ten user programmable identification numbers
for rapid unit to
unit call and dual level password protection.

David Storey, President and CEO, commented, “We have long believed that APCO Project
25-compliant digital
products are a strategic key to our future success.  The FCC approval of the DPH is a
critical milestone toward
achieving our objectives.  It is important to emphasize that our design and digital
technology was developed
internally not licensed from a competitor. The end result is a product that, we believe,
is by far the best value in
the market today for APCO Project 25 compliant digital portable radios."

In addition to the BK Radio dealer network, the DPH is also available for purchase by
authorized government
agencies via GSA contract number GS06T03BND7002. The DPH is currently undergoing approval
testing by
the Department of the Interior.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/