Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Today’s 3G News

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 06:30:36 -0500

Today’s 3G News

1) A 3G Phone To Drool Over
2) KPN Mobile Show New Handsets
3) Upgrading 3G Networks For IMS
4) 3G Coming To T-Mobile
5) World's Smallest Removable Flash Card for Wireless Phones
6) Music Videos Delivered Over 3G Network
7) Lucent 3G Network Is Sailing
8) Demo Of High-Speed Data Services on a 3G UMTS Network

See below for full details.
__________________________________________________________________________________

FREE Tertio White Paper  -  "Provisioning for the Future"

Service provisioning touches every service delivered to every mobile subscriber.
Its role becomes even more important as data and content are introduced, and as
the rate of new service development increases. Provisioning has to be changed
more frequently, as more network elements are introduced, and the provisioning
processes become more complex. How are you provisioning for the future?

To find out more, get your FREE copy of Tertio's white paper "Provisioning for the Future"

http://www.telco-tertio.com/products/downloads.php4
_________________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News Follows :
__________________________________________________________________________________

1) A 3G Phone To Drool Over

Powered with 3G technology, sleek looks and enough features to make anyone drool, the
Motorola A835 is here to take you to the next dimension of personal communication and
mobile
fun.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5068.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

2) KPN Mobile Show New Handsets

New handsets specifically designed for i-mode from current manufacturer NEC are scheduled
for
2003, as well as the first from new supplier Mitsubishi. Nokia and Siemens.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5067.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

3) Upgrading 3G Networks For IMS

The UMTS Forum has issued a new report that addresses the technical and service issues
facing
mobile operators as they consider the business implications of upgrading their Third
Generation networks to support IMS

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5066.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

4) 3G Coming To T-Mobile

The big day will arrive in the third quarter of 2003: the first T-Mobile Deutschland
customers will then be able to use the third generation mobile communications network in
roughly 200 towns.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5065.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

5) World's Smallest Removable Flash Card for Wireless Phones

SanDisk Corporation introduced the SanDisk miniSD card, a new thumbnail-sized flash memory

card that is designed to meet the needs of the mobile phone market for greater storage
capacity in the smallest possible physical form factor.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5059.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

6) Music Videos Delivered Over 3G Network

QUALCOMM Incorporated and Sony Music Entertainment announced that the two companies have
successfully delivered SME music video content to CDMA2000 1xEV-DO trial users with
BREW-enabled handsets.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5052.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

7) Lucent 3G Network Is Sailing

Telecom New Zealand (TNZ) is enabling fans to watch the races, Feb. 15 through March 1, —
practically as they happen - on wireless devices over its Mobile JetStream network, a 3G
CDMA2000 network built by Lucent.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5050.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

8) Demo Of High-Speed Data Services on a 3G UMTS Network

Lucent Technologiesl demonstrated how business customers can access company applications,
retrieve software updates from the Intranet and Internet or use super-fast data services
while on the move using 3G UMTS technology.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5043.htm

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/