Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EarthLink calls the cops

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 05:34:31 -0500

3/20/2003

EarthLink calls the cops

The Internet service provider has a new strategy for its wireless division:
selling to law enforcement and other emergency-services agencies.

EarthLink said Wednesday that it has a new strategy
for its wireless division: selling to law enforcement
and other emergency-services agencies.

Representative David Blumenthal said that on April
1 EarthLink will begin offering BlackBerry pagers loaded with software that
lets emergency-services workers tap a database of private information on 98
percent of the U.S. adult population. The database, run by LocatePlus,
includes names, addresses, phone numbers, prior addresses, dates of birth,
social security numbers, real estate holdings, bankruptcies and criminal
records.

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/cnet/stories/991409.htm
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/