Subject: [mobile-ip] [ID Announcement] A draft for packet forwarding from previous AR

From: "Liu, Changwen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 18:09:20 -0800

Hi to all,

We have published a draft that addresses the issue of packet forwarding from
the previous AR in order to minimize packet 

loss during handover time for a roaming MN. The draft proposed a protocol to
enable the previous AR acting as a temporary home agent for MN, however,
without any dependency on PKI and any other infrastructure components (e.g.
AAA). It is globally scalable and as secure as the current base MIPv6
protocol itself. Potentially it also provides alternative solution for the
localized mobility management for MIPv6. It can be deployed in the networks,
e.g., where either no Public Key Infrastructure is deployed or no common
Public Key Infrastructure is deployed.

We are soliciting comments on the draft from this group to gauge its
interests/values to this group at this time as well as to improve the draft.
The draft missed the deadline by minutes and didn't get into the IETF draft
directory. It is available now from the following link

http://www.geocities.com/changwen_liu/draft-liu-mobileip-lke-01.txt
<http://www.geocities.com/changwen_liu/draft-liu-mobileip-lke-01.txt> 

We would appreciate that you can read the draft and send comments to this
list.

Thanks in advance.

changwen

P.S. Apologize if you receive this message multiple times.