Subject: [NEXTEL-1] BOOST Mobile Announces Richest Skate Competition in History with World's Best Skaters

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 18:49:24 -0500

BOOST Mobile Announces Richest Skate Competition in History with World's Best Skaters

News Editors/Sports Writers

IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 19, 2003--

BOOST Mobile PRO of Skate Presented by Oakley to be held June 27-29 at
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas

BOOST Mobile(TM) today announced that it will host the first BOOST MOBILE PRO invitational
skateboarding event at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, June 27-29, 2003.

With more than $250,000 worth of prize money, the BOOST MOBILE PRO presented by Oakley,
will be the world's richest pure skateboarding event in history. The innovative event also
will break new ground with the benefits provided to competitors, competition format and
judging.

Forty of the World's best skaters will compete for the inaugural title, and a massive
first place purse of $40,000 in both street and vert. Star skaters invited to compete
include Mark Appleyard, Bob Burnquist, Rune Glifberg, Pierre Luc Gagnon, Andrew Reynolds,
Paul Rodriguez, Geoff Rowley, and Tony Trujillo.
All of the Boost Mobile Team Rider skaters, such as Reynolds and Glifberg, were involved
in the selection of the invitees to develop the most comprehensive field. Also, they will
contribute to the layout of the course, and design of the ramps and obstacles. An
innovative peer judging system in which all of the invited skaters not competing in the
heat will decide the winners.

"What a combo, a contest done right with a huge prize purse in Vegas," said skater Mark
Appleyard.

"The BOOST MOBILE PRO of Skate continues our tradition of supporting action sports,
something we have believed in since the inception of BOOST Mobile in Australia over three
years ago," said BOOST Mobile CEO Peter Adderton. "Our goal is to host the biggest and
best events that top riders want to be a part of. We did it in surfing last year with the
BOOST MOBILE PRO at the premier surf break in California, and this June we will bring the
same commitment to skateboarding."
Oakley has signed as presenting sponsor of the event, and the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
will host the venue. Each will be integrally involved in all aspects of the BOOST MOBILE
PRO of Skate. Further event developments about sponsorships, media partnerships, tickets
and consumer promotions will be announced next month.

About BOOST Mobile

With headquarters in Irvine, BOOST Mobile(TM), is a lifestyle-based wireless
telecommunications company that focuses solely on developing and distributing
communications products for the youth market. BOOST Mobile is the only pay-as-you-go
wireless phone service that offers the unique Boost 2WAY walkie-talkie feature.

BOOST Mobile's marketing is centered on youth activities such as action sports, music,
fashion and entertainment. Find more information on the Web at www.boostmobile.com.

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/cb_headline.cgi?&story_file=bw.031903/230785477&directory=/google&header_file=header.htm&footer_file=

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/