Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Upton intros auction fee trust fund legislation

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:22:36 -0500

Upton intros auction fee trust fund legislation
March 19 13:27:00, 2003

WASHINGTON-House telecom subcommittee Chairman Fred Upton (R-Mich.) introduced legislation
to create a trust fund
that would use spectrum auction proceeds to underwrite the cost of moving military radio
systems to new frequencies in
order to free up spectrum for mobile-phone carriers.

While the bipartisan bill would cover relocation expenses of any executive branch agency
whose spectrum is taken and
transferred to the private sector, the primary objective of the measure is to guarantee
the Department of Defense is
compensated for abandoning 1700 MHz frequencies that the Bush administration last year
concluded should be used for
third-generation wireless services.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=7688

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/