Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Implements 2-Bit Voice encryption-"I'm in Fabolous's fly ride gettin' my freak on," (Translation: I'm in Fabolous's limo having a good time.)

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:58:03 -0500

Nextel Implements 2-Bit Voice encryption-
"I'm in Fabolous's fly ride gettin' my freak on," (Translation: I'm in Fabolous's limo
having a good time.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 20, 2003

Calling youth market
Boost Mobile enlists the rapper Fabolous and top skateboarders to sell prepaid phone
service.
By JIM FINKLE
The Orange County Register

Irvine's Boost Mobile has enlisted a rapper, two elderly actresses and 40 of the world's
top skateboarders in efforts to market mobile-phone service to youth.

Rap singer Fabolous is featured in a television ad for Boost Mobile, which sells prepaid
mobile-phone service, using the Nextel network.

The 30-second spot features two elderly women who are separated at a concert.
One of them uses Boost Mobile to track down her friend, who's partying with the rap star
in a limousine after his concert. They discuss the situation using the jargon of
Fabolous's young fans.

"I'm in Fabolous's fly ride gettin' my freak on," the missing woman tells her friend.
(Translation: I'm in Fabolous's limo having a good time.)
"Ah yeah, break me off some of that, yo," the friend responds. (Translation: I want to be
there.)
The 53-employee company, which is majority-owned by Nextel, has also invited 40 of the
world's top competitive skateboarders to a contest in Las Vegas this June that will offer
$250,000 in prize money. That's a record in the history of this extreme sport that started
in Southern California in the 1970s.
Other sponsors include the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas and Oakley Inc., the
Foothill Ranch maker of sunglasses and sportswear.
Invitees include Tony Tujillo, who was 2002's skater of the year; Rune Glifberg, one of
the world's top riders on "vert" ramps; and rising star Paul Rodriguez.
Three-year-old Boost Mobile also hosted a competition for the world's top surfers last
year in Lower Trestles.
More information on the skateboarding competition can be found at www.boostmobile.com,
along with videos of the TV ads.

http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/ocr/article.do?id=30803&section=BUSINESS&subsection=OC_REGION&year=2003&month=3&day=20

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG