Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cellular telephony market fall by 3%

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:38:37 -0500

Cellular telephony market fall by 3%

March 17, 2003 10:22am

According to a report of Trends Consulting IDC Argentina, the cellular phone market
registered a 3% fall
measured in Pesos in 2002. In prices adjusted by the effect of the inflation this fall was
of over 40%. A
report of the Carrier & Asociados consultancy also shows a fall in this market. The report
shows that 2002
closed with 6.4mil lines operating, meaning 7% less than in 2001. In minutes, the drop was
of 20%. The
number of new imported phone machines also decreased in 2002. Sales of second hand
cellular phones
increased and also the use of prepaid phone plans that represent 75% of this market. The
firm Personal of
Telecom closed 2002 with sales of Pesos$866mil, meaning 50% less than in 2001. Movicom
BellSouth
adjusted its prices by around 10%. Nextel managed to restructure its US$108mil debt in
2002. Unifon of
Telefonica started selling second hand cellular phones. CTI was acquired by the investment
fund Coinvest
recently.

http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=query_displaynews&q=NEXTEL&so=&dc=&ro=&ed=&sd=&s=1&boldtext=NEXTEL&sym=&doc_id=NR20030317375.4_8914002982fe6214

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/