Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SHLOMO MALKA FOUND IN CONTEMPT OF COURT-ORDERED INJUNCTION, FINED $35,000.00

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:59:48 -0500

SHLOMO MALKA FOUND IN CONTEMPT OF COURT-ORDERED INJUNCTION, FINED $35,000.00 FOR
                                UNLICENSED RADIO OPERATION

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/News_Releases/DOC-231781A1.html
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Click here for Adobe Acrobat version

Click here for Microsoft Word version

FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

445 12th STREET S.W.

WASHINGTON, D.C. 20554

News media information 202/418-0500

TTY 202/418-2555

Fax-On-Demand 202/418-2830

Internet http://www.fcc.gov

ftp://ftp.fcc.gov

This is an unofficial announcement of Commission Action.
Release of the full text of a Commission order
constitutes official action.
See MCI v. FCC. 516 F 2d 385 (D.C. Circ 1974)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 6, 2003

NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:

John Winston (202) 418-7450

SHLOMO MALKA FOUND IN CONTEMPT OF COURT-ORDERED INJUNCTION, FINED
$35,000.00 FOR UNLICENSED RADIO OPERATION

Washington, D.C. - Today, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
announced that, on March 3, 2003, in the United States Southern
District of Florida, United States District Judge, Honorable Wilkie D.
Ferguson, Jr., found Shlomo Malka in civil contempt due to Malka's
continued unlicensed radio operation in violation of FCC rules and a
court-ordered injunction.

The court ordered Malka to pay a fine of $35,000.00 and to relinquish
any claim to radio station equipment seized from Malka's unlicensed
radio station last week. In addition, Malka was ordered to fully
cooperate with the FCC in the continuing investigation of the
unlicensed radio station, and to identify all individuals and
advertisers who had any relationship with the operation of the
unlicensed station

The Commission's Miami, Florida Office received complaints from
listeners and broadcasters in south Florida of interference to the
reception of licensed broadcast stations in the area. Previously, U.S.
Marshals and the FCC had seized Malka's radio station equipment. On
January 29, 2002, Judge Ferguson issued an order enjoining Malka from
future acts of possessing and/or using radio equipment to willfully and
knowingly violate Section 301 of the Communications Act of 1934, as
amended (``Act''). Following issuance of this order, Malka persisted
in the unlicensed operation.

The injunction against Malka's unlicensed operation has now been made
permanent. Additional fines of $10,000.00 per violation will be
imposed in the event the court finds Malka has engaged in unlicensed
broadcasting at any time in the future, along with any additional civil
and/or criminal penalties imposed by the court. The case was
prosecuted by the United States Attorney's Office, Southern District of
Florida, Ft. Lauderdale Division.

The operation of an unlicensed broadcast station is a
violation of Section 301 of the Act. Operators of unlicensed stations
may be subject to monetary penalties of up to $11,000 per violation.
In addition, unlicensed operators may be subject to criminal sanctions,
including fines and imprisonment.

- FCC -

Enforcement Bureau Contact: John Winston at (202) 418-7450 / TTY 1(888)
835-5322