Subject: [mobile-ip] Further text for issue 269, MN - MN communication

From: Henrik Petander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:54:17 +0200

Hi Jari, Charlie and all,

To close issue 169  (improve the MN - MN communication) the following 
text should be added to the draft. I added Care-of test Init message to 
the new paragraph in 11.6.1. The sending of Care-of test init without 
consulting BC is a MUST for limiting the amount of text, but it could be 
a SHOULD as well. The sending of BU without consulting BC is a SHOULD, 
since it is a performance improvement.

11.6.1
-------

"The Home Test Init and Care-of Test Init messages MUST
  be sent to the home address of the correspondent node without
  route optimization, even when there is an existing binding
  cache entry for the correspondent node (the correspondent node is
  also a mobile node in this case)."

11.7.2
-------

"The Binding Update message SHOULD be sent to the home address of the 
correspondent node without route optimization, even when there is an 
existing binding cache entry for the correspondent node (the 
correspondent node is also a mobile node in this case)."

Thanks,

Henrik Petander