Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Instant Messaging From Motorola Just Got Better

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:34:11 -0500

Instant Messaging From Motorola Just Got Better

Motorola Messenger™ C1.1 Embedded Client offers top IM solution

Mountain View, Calif. -- March 31, 2003 -- Motorola announced today availability of its
latest
Instant Messaging and Presence Services (IMPS) client solution, which helps make mobile
instant messaging get even more personal. Motorola Messenger™ C1.1 embedded client is
fully
featured, follows the Open Mobile Alliance IMPS version 1.1 specifications, and is
designed to
allow other handset manufacturers to integrate the software into new mobile devices.

The instant messaging and presence client offers handset manufacturers the ability to
quickly
deliver an exciting new service to mobile network operators. The client allows users to
manage
their availability status and presence information through the contact and watcher lists
so that
only select individuals will know how to reach them.

The messaging services of the client allow users to communicate with each other, while
ensuring
privacy through the advanced blocking capability. This product complements Motorola’s
messaging suite, including the Motorola Messenger™ version 1.0 client for Java™
technology-enabled devices and the latest iTAP™ version 5.4 predictive text engine with
word
completion.

Group management in a chat environment marks an evolution in mobile messaging which to
date
has focused on one-to-one sessions. Not only can users send messages to each other, but
they
can now also create their own private chat groups through the membership list and invite
others to
join or search for topics of interest in engaging public chat rooms.

“The Motorola Messenger client, with its rich feature set, is a cornerstone for a variety
of fun,
on-the-go mobile experiences that allow you to search for and find new friends, chat with
your
community, all while ensuring the user’s privacy,” said Mike Bordelon, corporate vice
president of
consumer experience and software for Motorola’s Personal Communications Sector. “Our
messaging solutions are among the best that are available today.”

Motorola Messenger™ C1.1 has been extensively tested with IMPS server partners and in the
Open Mobile Alliance IMPS Fest #1 in Sophia-Antipolis, France, December 17-19, 2002.

The product launch marks the availability of a complete software developer toolkit (SDK)
for the
rapid integration of the client to any handset platform. Motorola’s Lexicus Division works
with
other handset manufacturers to bring standards based messaging solutions to mobile
operators
by leveraging core competencies in mobile software development and integration, user
experience-driven design and Wireless Village expertise. The Motorola Messenger ™ C1.1
embedded client, developed by Motorola’s Lexicus Division, can be licensed by handset
manufacturers worldwide today.

About the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA)
The Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) delivers open standards for the mobile industry, helping to

create interoperable services that work across countries, operators and mobile terminals
and are
driven by users' needs. To expand the mobile market, companies supporting the Open Mobile
Alliance will work to stimulate the fast and wide adoption of a variety of new, enhanced
mobile
information, communication and entertainment services. The Open Mobile Alliance includes
all
key elements of the wireless value chain, and contributes to the timely and efficient
introduction of
services and applications. For more information, please visit: www.openmobilealliance.org.

About the Lexicus Division of Motorola
The Lexicus Division of Motorola specializes in the innovative design and development of
user
interface software and input technologies for smart devices. Headquartered in Mountain
View,
California, the division strives to be a world leader in supplying cutting edge input
technologies. It
offers a complete range of alternative input technologies, including graphical messaging,
intelligent keypad text entry and Mobile Instant Messaging and Presence Services. The
Lexicus
Division of Motorola is a founder of the Wireless Village initiative, promoting the market

development through interoperable standards based solutions. For more information, please
visit
www.motorola.com/lexicus.

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,2582_2111_23,00.html
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/