Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Noteworthy Websites.

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:49:05 -0500

From FCBA:

<SNIP>

Noteworthy Websites. As the Internet has grown, so too has the number
of websites containing live and archived materials in multimedia formats.
Indeed, there are too many to be listed here. I recommend that you surf the
Internet on your own to find the ones that appear useful to you and then
bookmark them in a subfolder on your browser for easy access.
Nevertheless, I would like to identify a few sites I have found particularly
helpful.

For FCC events, of course, log on to the agency's homepage at
www.fcc.gov and click on the "All Audio/Video Events" link at the bottom
left side of the page. This link will take you to its webpage listing both live
and archived materials. This page also has convenient links to other sites
that will allow you to download and learn how to use the RealPlayer
software needed to play its A/V files.

You can also get streaming audio and video coverage of FCC events (and
selected other agency events) from George Mason University's Capitol
Connection service, accessible online at www.capitolconnection.gmu.edu/.
GMU also provides telephone access to most events, in case you are away
from a computer.

For Congressional hearings, the best sites are:

www.capitolhearings.org (audio)
www.C-SPAN.org/watch (audio, video)
www.fednet.net (audio, video)

For selected Supreme Court cases, I recommend Northwestern University's
site at:

http://oyez.nwu.edu/cases/cases.cgi

For linked references to a variety of domestic and international multimedia
resources, I recommend a site created by Gary Price, MLIS, at George
Washington University, located at
http://gwis2.circ.gwu.edu/~gprice/audio.htm, or the portal hosted by the
University of Albany, located at
http://library.albany.edu/internet/reference/multimedia.html.

Some of these sites are subscription-based, but include helpful additional
features that are worth the extra cost (ranging from a la carte pricing to
negotiated subscription rates for multiple or heavy users). For example,
they offer more extensive live and archived materials, guaranteed or
unlimited connections, notifications of upcoming events, advanced search
capabilities, and customer support. Some cover other agencies as well,
including SEC, FTC, NTSB, FERC, and FDA. Capitol Connection also
provides telephonic access to most of the events it hosts.

For more information about Capitol Connection, contact Dave Reininger or
Shirley Aljarani at (703) 993-3100.

A final plug: the FCBA offers cassette recordings of its CLE seminars at
reasonable prices. To view a listing of the topics covered, log on to
www.fcba.org/newaudio.shtml.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG