Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE:INTERFERENCE IMMUNITY PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS FOR RADIO RECEIVERS

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:13:52 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE:  INTERFERENCE IMMUNITY PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS FOR RADIO RECEIVERS

You don't filter out on frequency interfrence at the receiver.  But, what would the point
be of having super clean transmitters if the receivers still overload and internally
generate interference.

Both fronts, receiver performance and transmiter performance, must be "worked" to calm
this problem.

I'm working on an interesting problem right now.  At several locations one model receiver
doesn't work at all, yet another model receiver, on the same channel and at the same
locations, works perfectly.  

If it were the transmitter, then both receivers would have problems.  

The "offending" transmitter is operated by a police department.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: J. Barbour [mailto:[email-masked]]
(snip)
But how does one filter out on-frequency interference????
The problem isn't the receivers, it's the modulation specs! Only 80 db down?
That's still 100 db above the noise floor of most receivers on even a lowly
1kW station!

(snip)

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/