Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Interview Availability

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 00:57:05 -0500

Amazing you can be on the Hill today and gone tomorrow!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                  Interview Availability

                           Ms. Thera Bradshaw, President of the

        Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International

 Available to discuss APCO's Support of Nationwide Deployment of E-911 Locator Technology
                         for Emergency Calls from Wireless Phones

WHO:Thera Bradshaw, President, APCO

Chairman of the Board, The Public Safety Foundation of America (PSFA)

Ms. Bradshaw has been at the forefront of improving America's public safety communications
infrastructure.The former Executive Director of the City & County of San Francisco's
Emergency Communications Department, Ms. Bradshaw led the way in implementing a $200
million dollar capital communications project improving 911 emergency communications in
San Francisco.Today Ms. Bradshaw is leading the Office of Policy and Public Services for
the City of Los Angeles.

WHAT:Testimony before the Communications Subcommittee of the Senate Commerce, Science and
Transportation Committee

WHEN:Hearing begins at 9:30 am on Wednesday, March 5, 2003

Ms. Bradshaw is scheduled to be on the third of three panels

She will be available immediately after the hearing and for pre-arranged appointments.

WHERE:253 Russell Senate Office Building

BKGD:Interview Topics include:

§What's the holdup?Why hasn't E-911 been deployed in more areas?The complexities of
deploying enhanced 911 services.

§E-911 success stories - cities where it's working.

§Information on new E-911 resources that APCO is making available to local communities
through the Public Safety Foundation of America.

§The role of APCO in creating and supporting the newly-formed E-911 Caucus.

About the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials International

APCO International is the oldest and largest public safety communications organization in
the world and is the only association that handles the entire operational scope of
emergency communications.APCO's 16,000 members represent public safety agencies in all 50
states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. territories, and 34 other
countries.Website:www.apcointl.org

About the Public Safety Foundation of America

The PSFA is a 501(c)(3) created to engender cooperation among public and private groups to
provide financial and technical support to the public safety communications
community.Website:www.psfa.us