Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Ex-Official's Phone Records Checked ;

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:06:35 -0500

Ex-Official's Phone Records Checked ; The Attorney Of The Two Men
Seeking The Information Says He Isn't Sure Whether His Clients Have
Gotten What They Wanted.
Source: Greensboro News Record
Publication date: 2003-03-29

Two city residents are reviewing phone records they filed a lawsuit to obtain.

Don Baker and Allen Hodges filed the suit against Trinity and former City
Manager Alan Thornton in Randolph County Superior Court seeking detailed
information on incoming and outgoing calls on Thornton's city-issued Nextel
cellular phone from June 2001 to Dec. 31, 2002.

The men had been trying to get those records since November, said their
attorney, Franklin Wells Jr. The records were delivered Monday by Trinity
City Attorney Bob Wilhoit, who subpoenaed the records from Nextel.

After getting copies of the phone records, Wells withdrew his motion for a
hearing in the case. He said the purpose of the hearing was to get court
involvement in speeding up the process.

Wells said he did not know why his clients wanted access to the cellular
phone records. Under the state public records law they used to get the
information, Baker and Hodges are not required to give a reason.

As of Friday afternoon, Wells was still waiting to hear from his clients to
determine whether they got the information they wanted and to figure out the
next step in the process.

He also stated copies of the cellular contract between Trinity and Nextel
that Baker and Hodges requested appear to have been omitted from the
information they received Monday.
http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=37716651&ID=cnniw&scategory=Business+and+Finance&

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/