Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MDS unveils latest radios for 700 MHz guard band

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:48:08 -0500

MDS unveils latest radios for 700 MHz guard band
 IWCE/MRT, Mar 12 2003

Microwave Data Systems (MDS) unveiled at IWCE today its latest series of radios that will
support customers in the 700 MHz guard band.

The new MDS LEDR 700S is a full duplex, point-to-point, digital radio operating in the
746-794 MHz frequency range. The MDS LEDR 700S provides maximum data throughput and is
scalable from 64 kbps to 384 kbps. It supports point-to-point transmission applications,
public safety, long-haul telecommunications links, cellular backhaul and SCADA
communications.
The MDS LEDR 700S is one of the few radios available today that operates in the 700 MHz
guard band spectrum. The 700 MHz guard band is open for use in both fixed and mobile
services. It consists of six megahertz of paired spectrum allocated to protect public
safety operations from harmful interference coming from immediately adjacent bands.

In response to the increasing demand for spectrum and to promote efficient use of this
spectrum, frequencies on this guard band are available through licensees called Guard Band
Managers. Guard Band Managers, such as Maryland-based Access Spectrum, must adhere to
specific technical and operational measures designed to minimize interference to the
public safety licensees.

The radios have yet to be approved by the Federal Communications Commission. They cannot
be sold or leased until the FCC approves.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/