Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Load testing of mobile data solutions

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:44:35 -0500

Load testing of mobile data solutions
‘Do Mobile Operators know if their networks will be able to cope with the demand from
customers for new mobile data services?’ Many believe that this is a critical question for
the success of new Value Added Services based upon Mobile Data technologies. If newly
launched Mobile Data Services and Applications fail to scale and thus meet the response
time and performance demands of the consumer, they will result in disappointment for both
the end-user, and the operator.

To provide Mobile Operators with the answer to scaling issues prior to going live with new
Mobile Data Services, Argogroup has delivered a new load testing capability. Version 5.3
of the popular Monitor Master Quality Management Suite for Mobile Data Services has added
load testing capabilities alongside the well-respected functional test and real-time
monitoring capabilities. With Monitor Master new capabilities, Operators will know with
confidence that all of their customers will be able to use the services they want,
whenever they want them, and at the quality they expect.

Monitor Master has been successfully implemented by several operators including Orange UK,
Telstra, Virgin Mobile, Orange Swiss, Swisscom and MobiFon, to name a few.

To accompany the release of Monitor Master V5.3, Argogroup has introduced a new
'QuickStart' service. QuickStart is a collection of installation and training services
enabling Mobile Operators to maximize their benefits in the shortest possible time. With
QuickStart, Monitor Master can be installed, running and delivering value to the Mobile
Operator’s Service in just a few days.

Monitor Master is used to test and monitor interactive mobile data services (such as WAP
and WAP2.0), mobile messaging applications (such as SMS, EMS, MMS and mobile eMail) and
downloadable mobile applications (such as J2ME, images and ring-tones). Monitor Master
performs all testing and monitoring by simulating the service interaction of real users
using real devices on real networks thus providing the most accurate yet cost effective
measurement of end-to-end quality for Mobile Data Services.

'All of our many customers have told us that the ability to determine how their network
infrastructure will behave under load is vitally important to them. With new services
rolling out they need to determine how much infrastructure is required to support their
consumers. Too much is wasting money. Too little would be a disaster, with consumers
unable to access the services they have subscribed to. Argogroup always listens closely to
the needs of our customers and we are delighted that we are able to help them satisfy
their end customers.' said Paul McKibbin, VP Products, Argogroup.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/