Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: INTERFERENCE IMMUNITY PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS FOR RADIO RECEIVERS]

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:22:30 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "J. Barbour" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:INTERFERENCE IMMUNITY PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS FOR RADIO RECEIVERS

> You don't filter out on frequency interfrence at the receiver.  But, what
would the point be of having super clean transmitters if the receivers still
overload and internally generate interference.
>
> Both fronts, receiver performance and transmiter performance, must be
"worked" to calm this problem.

Agreed, but we are dealing with receivers that are the top of the line
Motorola and GE/MA-Com equipment, and they are getting betwen 20 and 45 dB
of desense from a DTV station on a band edge (which is where they shouldn't
be). The stuff we are dealing with is 1-2Mhz below the bottom of the DTV
channel.

Jim

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/