Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Vrrrrooooommmmm! Haywood, France take over points lead GRANDAM

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:59:12 -0500

On a side note several NASCAR teams are experimenting iDEN in the Carolinas this week.
Several system integrators are designing custom apps to run on an iDEN network using the
iO1000 modem. Data speeds are less than impressive, however several hacks have been found to allow 
easy manipulation of OTA parameters.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haywood, France take over points lead GRANDAM

2003-03-03

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (March 3, 2003) -- Co-drivers Hurley Haywood and J.C.
France have taken over the lead in the Daytona Prototypes driver points in the
latest Rolex Sports Car Series standings released today. The pair claimed the top
spot following their Nextel Grand Prix of Miami victory on Saturday at
Homestead-Miami Speedway.

Haywood and France are tied atop the driver point standings with 67 points,
holding a five-point advantage over 2001 Rolex Series GT champion Darren Law.

The Brumos Racing #59 Porsche-powered FABCAR Daytona Prototype, which
Haywood and France piloted to victory on Saturday, strengthened its lead in the
Daytona Prototypes team owner point standings. The #59 Porsche now holds a
five-point advantage over the G&W Motorsports #8 BMW-powered Picchio
Daytona Prototype, which Law and Shawn Bayliff raced to a second-place finish
in the Daytona Prototypes class in Miami.

Joao Barbosa and Michel Neugarten improved their lead in the GTS driver point
standings following their third-place finish in the GTS class over the weekend.
The duo's 65 points gives them a five-point margin over Rob Morgan and Lance
Norick.

The Perspective Racing #24 Mosler MT900 R, of Barbosa and Neugarten, also
maintained its number-one spot in the GTS team owner standings, increasing its
lead to five points over Morgan and Norrck's #46 Acxiom Corvette of
Morgan-Dollar Motorsports.

Kevin Buckler is the lone driver atop the GT driver point standings following the
Nextel Grand Prix. Buckler's second-place GT finish propelled him into a 12-point
lead over Brian Cunningham and Hugh Plumb, who are tied for second place.

The Marcus Racing #69 BMW M3, which Cunningham and Plumb drove to a
third-place GT finish in Miami, took over the lead in the GT team owner points.
The #69 BMW has a slim two-point edge over defending-champion Scuderia
Ferrari of Washington, whose #33 Ferrari 360 GT jumped from last place in the
team owner standings to second following its class win on Saturday.

In the Rolex Series manufacturer standings, Porsche and FABCAR moved into the
lead in the Daytona Prototypes engine and chassis standings. Chevy pushed
Mosler out of the top spot in the GTS manufacturer standings, while Ferrari
pulled even with Porsche at the front of the GT standings.

The Nextel Grand Prix of Miami will air on SPEED Channel this Saturday, March 8
at 3 p.m. ET and again on Monday, March 10 at 1 p.m.

The Rolex Sports Car Series will return to action at Phoenix International
Raceway for the Phoenix 250, May 3. Tickets are currently on sale for the night
race in the desert and can be purchased online at
www.phoenixinternationalraceway.com.

Additional information about the Rolex Sports Car Series is available online at
www.grandamerican.com.

-garra-

 http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=116680&FS=GRANDAM
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

---

From: "meijin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:36:53 -0600

Marcel:

Can you share the hacks? Would love to know what they are doing as I have one.

Also...what OS are they running? And what speeds are they able to achieve?

Thanks!

Mike

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.462 / Virus Database: 261 - Release Date: 3/14/03

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:36:38 -0500

They have overlayed a compression software similar that is used in the iM1100.
Using the  E7489A - iDEN FTA to view the layer 3 messaging on the up and down links. Using
a "LAB Type" software (Similar to  MTSXLAB)  they manipulated some of the timing
parameters on the iO1000. The concept was modeled in the LAB using the E4406A VSA. Bottom
line is the were able to push 1.5X the amount of data OTA  compared to a standard iO1000
running Win 2K. I can't speak about the specific apps since their are some NASCAR people
here.

meijin wrote:

> Marcel:Can you share the hacks? Would love to know what they are doing as I have
> one.Also...what OS are they running? And what speeds are they able to
> achieve?Thanks!Mike