Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Criminals infiltrate Citigroup, steal $15 million

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 02:59:39 -0500

Criminals infiltrate Citigroup, steal $15 million

Criminal groups were able to access Citigroup's funds-transfer operations and make two
multi-million dollar transfers in the summer of 1999. The first, for $22 million, was
returned
by the beneficiary bank after it became suspicious about the unusual account activity.
The second transfer of nearly $15 million went to a Turkish bank, and the money was
withdrawn by the criminals a few weeks later. Citigroup said it is "co-operating with
authorities and taking necessary actions to recover any losses." The incident is troubling

in many regards. It's scary that criminal groups have progressed in sophistication to the
point that even Citigroup is vulnerable. Even more striking is the sheer brazenness
exhibited. While most criminals make small transfers to avoid detection, the massive
withdrawals in this case suggests a frightening confidence.NextWave Gets Deadline Break,
As Expected

 http://lists.fiercemarkets.com/c.html?s=69l,1y17,8md,3bz9,awtw,9st6,5293
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/