Subject: [NEXTEL-1] U.S. SMS Use Grows 3,000 Percent In 18 Months

From: "Gerald Arnone" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:21:19 -0600

are you equipt?T

( 800 506 ENYO

"  www.enyo.org

Mar 18, 2003 (Communications Today/PBI Media via COMTEX) -- NEW 
ORLEANS -- The
U.S. wireless industry grew 10 percent in 2002 to reach 141 million 
subscribers,
and data service revenues are expected to exceed $1 billion for the 
first time
this year, following 66 percent growth from this past year, 
according to the
Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association.

The CTIA kicked off its Wireless 2003 convention with the kind of 
information
the companies here, as well as investors, want to hear. Tim Donahue, 
President
and CEO of Nextel Communications [Nasdaq: NXTL] and CTIA Chairman, 
said the
introduction of inter-network SMS routing a little more than a year 
ago has
jumpstarted wireless data service usage in the U.S. The number of SMS
transmissions in the U.S. each month increased 3,000 percent from 30 
million in
June 2001 to more than 1 billion in December, according to the CTIA.

"It is our belief that this is just the beginning," Donahue said at 
the opening
of the three-day conference here. Inter-network SMS routing "is 
driving the hell
out of usage," he added.

[Copyright 2003 PBI Media, LLC. All rights reserved.]

Communications Today, Vol. 9, No. 48 [Copyright 2003 PBI Media, LLC. 
All rights
reserved.]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:43:43 -0500

Hey Dawg,

Where have you been Timmy was asking for you between drinks.
I told him him ot D.C. you but he kept getting "System Busy" Hahaha!

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->