Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Hires Gun Toting "THUG" to Boost Their Image...

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 07:23:01 -0500

Nextel Hires Gun Toting "THUG" to Boost Their Image...
I wonder what else he was going to "Boost" with the Gun Police found in his SUV?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boost Debuts New Fabolous Ads
BY WIRELESS WEEK STAFF
MARCH 7, 2003
NEWS@2 DIRECT

Irvine, Calif.-based Boost Mobile, Nextel Communications' youth-oriented
prepaid marketing initiative, has once again teamed up with New York rap artist
Fabolous for its latest advertising campaign. Next week, Boost Mobile will debut
two new 30-second spots on ABC, NBC, WB, BET, MTV and other networks.

The Fabolous spot depicts him in the company of his groupies who are trying
desperately to 'get their groove on.' The other new ad is entitled 'Street Racer,'
and continues along the lines of the company's original campaign that featured a
juxtaposition of youth activities and old folks. Boost says both spots use humor
to demonstrate how the company's products and services bring friends together
by making it easier and quicker to communicate, and demonstrate the customer
benefits of using Boost's two-way walkie-talkie feature.

The spots were directed by Tom Kuntz and Mike Maguire, who have worked for
the likes of Budweiser, FOX Sports and Volkswagen.

According to Boost executives, there is a compelling overlap between Fab's fans
and the Boost Mobile demographic. Boost describes the company team as a
collection of surfers, skaters, boarders, motocross freaks, clubbers and techies.
The U.S. company is a result of a joint venture between Nextel and Boost Mobile,
with Motorola providing the phones.
http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=story&doc_id=114593&verticalid=34&vertical=Business+and+Finance&industry=

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:19:14 -0500

- Fabolous beat the gun charge at least or now since the Judge dismissed  the charges without prejudice. The BK ADA has 90
Days to put a case on for the GJ. Even if he was convicted he most likely would have taken a walk. I doubt the ADA flip
anyone on this one. The NYC Gun law is rarely enforced to its 15yr max(1 yr min at Rikers). So I guess the new Tile should
be.........

Nextel Hires Gun Toting "Ex-THUG" to Boost Their Image..
------------------------------------------------------------
NEWS - Fabolous Cleared On Gun Charges

Rapper Fabolous released his sophomore album,
Street Dreams, Tuesday (March 4), and he also had a good week on the
legal front: Two weapons-possession charges against the rapper were
dismissed without prejudice in a Brooklyn court on Wednesday (March
5).

However, Fabolous isn't totally in the clear, as the district attorney has
four-and-a-half months to build a case and to bring it in front of a grand
jury, but for now Fabolous is free to promote his new release without
any pending court dates.

Fabolous was arrested on weapons-possession charges on January 16.
The rapper was a passenger in an SUV in the Bedford-Stuyvesant
section of Brooklyn, New York, when the vehicle was pulled over for
running a red light. The officers subsequently discovered two guns in
the vehicle.

Fabolous had also been arrested just a day earlier (January 15) in the
Lower East Side section of Manhattan for driving with a suspended
license. The rapper was released from custody after pleading guilty to
the offense and paying a $50 fine.

-- Yves Salomon, New York