Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G News : 3G WCDMA In US 2004

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 07:49:08 -0500

______________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News

1) Live 3G UMTS Demo
2) 3G WCDMA In US 2004
3) Hutchison 3G's Audited Results
4) Boost For 3G in UK
5) GSM Wireless Operators on Target witw EDGE
6) New Embedded Modem Aids 3G Network Migration
7) Samsung Launches New 3G Wireless System Products 
8) Cellular System Solutions For GSM / GPRS Wireless Terminals

See below for full details.
__________________________________________________________________________________

FREE Tertio White Paper  -  "Provisioning for the Future"

Service provisioning touches every service delivered to every mobile subscriber.
Its role becomes even more important as data and content are introduced, and as
the rate of new service development increases. Provisioning has to be changed
more frequently, as more network elements are introduced, and the provisioning
processes become more complex. How are you provisioning for the future?

To find out more, get your FREE copy of Tertio's white paper "Provisioning for the Future" 

http://www.telco-tertio.com/products/downloads.php4
_________________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News Follows : 
__________________________________________________________________________________

1) Live 3G UMTS Demo

Lucent demonstrated how business customers can access company applications, retrieve
software updates from the Intranet and Internet or use super-fast data services while on
the move using 3G UMTS technology.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5104.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

2) 3G WCDMA In US 2004

AT& T Wireless and NTT DoCoMo will bring 3G and i-Mode services to the US in 2004. This
was confirmed by NTT CEO Keiji Tachikawa this week. It was felt that the i-Mode services
may be available to AT& T mobile users in advance of the 3G services becoming available,

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5103.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

3) Hutchison 3G's Audited Results

The Group focused on continuing to develop its existing businesses while laying the
groundwork for future growth and value creation in the new 3G mobile multimedia
telecommunication operations.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5100.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

4) Boost For 3G in UK

3 UK today announced it had entered into agreements with its lenders to extend and amend
the term of its loan facilities to support the next-stage rollout of the UK's first
commercial 3G mobile video, multimedia and communications service.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5099.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

5) GSM Wireless Operators on Target witw EDGE

GSM operators and vendors at the EDGE Operators' Forum (EOF) in New Orleans provided
timely advice regarding the progress of EDGE and its current commercialization to an
important audience of rural, regional, and international operators representing the
Americas, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5092.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

6) New Embedded Modem Aids 3G Network Migration

Novatel Wireless announced first commercial shipments of the Expedite C201(TM) Wireless
Embedded Modem as well as a multi-technology developer's kit to aid in streamlining the
migration to 3G networks.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5086.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

7) Samsung Launches New 3G Wireless System Products 

Samsung's proven performance in network hardware, software and handsets underscores the
innovation and efficiency of this new line of products, which include the SCBS-400S5 Pico
Base Transceiver Station, InfoMobile 3GS and InfoMobile @Cell.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5079.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

8) Cellular System Solutions For GSM / GPRS Wireless Terminals

Skyworks Solutions has expanded its family of GSM/GPRS cellular system solutions to
increase customer options for reducing the cost and time-to-market for building quad-band
handsets with improved performance and advanced multimedia features. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5070.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/