Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FW: S -- SOL:HANSCOM AFB WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS ENHANCEMENT...

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 06:59:22 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Commerce Business Daily 
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 4:26 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: S -- SOL:HANSCOM AFB WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS ENHANCEMENT...

FEDBIZOPPS:   FBO DAILY ISSUE OF MARCH 27,2003  FBO#0482

ESC/PKOC, 20 Schilling Circle, Bldg. 1305, 3rd. floor, Hanscom AFB, MA
01731-2800

S -- HANSCOM AFB WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS ENHANCEMENT OPPORTUNITY
(PRESOL) SOL PKO-Cell-01 POC Weston Winegar, Contract Specialist,
781-377-3024 POP  N/A N/A N/A WEB: ESC Business Opportunities Web Page
http://www.herbb.hanscom.af.mil E-MAIL: Email your questions to Click
Here to E-mail the POC [email-masked] This synopsis is
to announce that 66th Air Base Wing (ABW) Mission Support Group,
Hanscom AFB is intending to host an industry day to present
communications enhancement opportunities to industry. The USAF is
interested in improving the cell phone coverage on Hanscom AFB. To
achieve this end, the Government is offering access to its facility to
install an interested party's cellular repeater antenna in exchange
for consideration in kind to Hanscom AFB's community. This
communication enhancement opportunity offered by the 66th ABW would
provide the interested party the potential for increasing their
capability for airway coverage to improve its on and off base signal
strength and therefore their customer base along the Rte 95 North and
South, Routes 3, 2 and 2A corridors. Hanscom's Central Steam Plant's
twin smoke stacks, have height above the surrounding hills and are
offered for the installation of the interested offeror/provider's
cellular phone repeater antennas. If a potential offeror/provider is
interested in this opportunity and would like to propose consideration
to the Government, a proposal must be received within 14 calendar days
after Industry Day to be considered. Offerors are reminded that this
opportunity and announcement is part of market research and is not a
request for proposal, quotations, or an invitation for bids. The
Government will not necessarily issue such a request or invitation.
Industry day participation is strictly voluntary and the Government
will not provide any reimbursement to those contractors who attend this
day. Hanscom AFB reserves the right to award license to none, or one or
more offerors based solely on the perceived best value derived by the
government from the arrangement proposed by the offerors. If any
commercial wireless providers are interested in requesting permission
to install wireless antennas or repeater on base in exchange for
consideration, offerors are encouraged to attend Industry Day will be
held on 8 April 2003, at 1:00 p.m., in the Brown Conference Room,
Building 1305, 20 Schilling Circle, Hanscom AFB, MA. Firms interested
in attending the conference must register no later than 3 April 2003 by
emailing the names of attendees to [email-masked]. Due
to the size of the auditorium firms shall be limited to a maximum of
three (3) attendees. Additional information regarding this industry day
or market survey is also available at Electronic System Center's HERBB
http://www.herbb.hanscom.af.mil/rfp.asp. The ESC/PKOC point of contact
is Weston Winegar, (781) 377-3024 or Ms. Themoula T. Poirier at (781)
377-2831. Posted 03/25/03 (fbodaily.com W-SN00287380). (0084)

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/