Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] Connectathon 2003 issues for MIPv6 draft-20

From: Samita Chakrabarti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:17:37 -0800 (PST)

> > > I'll try and clarify.  What does the receiver do if they have a
> > > binding, and get a BU to update that binding with a different value
> > > in the H-bit field than the current binding?  The MN shouldn't have
> > > sent it since it should know from its binding list what "state" your
> > > binding has, but it did.
> > 
> > Ok. That sounds good. So we would add a rule that a BU should not
> > change the H-bit value in a binding? And if you break the rule,
> > its a silent discard?
> 
> I would send an error in a BA.  But we do not delete the current
> binding, just wait for the MN to respond accordingly since it just
> re-synchronized itself with us.

In order to make it simple, I'd vote for ignoring the BU in the second
case(i.e, silent discard). The BCE remains unchanged until the MN sends
a correct BU or it expires. The possibility of occurence of this kind of
 mistake by a MN seems to be very small.

-Samita

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 18:09:07 +0200

>  mistake by a MN seems to be very small.

I'm happy with this.

Jari