Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Judge Dismisses E-Mail Case Vs. Sprint

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:15:19 -0500

Judge Dismisses E-Mail Case Vs. Sprint

The first court test of Utah's law against "spam" e-mail ended with a judge's dismissal of
a proposed class action lawsuit against Sprint. The suit was filed in state court last
July by South Salt Lake resident Terry Gillman, who accused Sprint of violating the
Unsolicited E-Mail Act by sending him advertising. Third District Judge Denise Lindberg
found that Gillman had given his permission to receive third-party promotional messages
when he signed on to the Audio Galaxy Web site in April. That site sold e-mail addresses
to other parties, among them Sprint. Sprint attorney Paul Drecksel said the decision also
was important in light of the more than 30 states with often conflicting anti-spam e-mail
laws.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/