Subject: [mobile-ip] [ID Announcement] A draft for packet forwarding from previous AR

From: "Liu, Changwen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 16:31:16 -0800

Hi to all,

We have published a draft that addresses the issue of packet forwarding from
the previous AR in order to minimize packet loss during handover time for a
roaming MN. The draft proposed a protocol to enable the previous AR acting
as a temporary home agent for MN, however, without any dependency on PKI and
any other infrastructure components (e.g. AAA). It is globally scalable and
as secure as the current base MIPv6 protocol itself. Potentially it also
provides alternative solution for the localized mobility management for
MIPv6. It can be deployed in the networks, e.g., where either no Public Key
Infrastructure is deployed or no common Public Key Infrastructure is
deployed.

We are soliciting comments on the draft from this group to gauge its
interests/values to this group at this time as well as to improve the draft.
The draft missed the deadline by minutes and didn't get into the IETF draft
directory. It is available now from the following link

http://www.geocities.com/changwen_liu/draft-liu-mobileip-lke-01.txt
<http://www.geocities.com/changwen_liu/draft-liu-mobileip-lke-01.txt> 

We would appreciate that you can read the draft and send comments to this
list.

Thanks in advance.

changwen

P.S. Apologize if you receive this message multiple times.