Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Dickenson County, Va. to Go Wireless

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 01:03:15 -0500

Dickenson County, Va. to Go Wireless

Dickenson County in southwestern Virginia is planning to create a wireless
communications authority to manage the deployment of high-speed wireless
Internet services to local government agencies, businesses and residents. Del.
Clarence E. Phillips, a Democrat who represents Dickenson County, part of
Russell and Wise counties, and the city of Norton in the Virginia General
Assembly, introduced legislation that would create the Dickenson County
Wireless Integrated Network (DCWIN). The bill passed and awaits signature into
law by Gov. Mark Warner (D-Va.). DCWIN is expected to stimulate economic
development in the area, attracting new businesses that require high-speed Net
access. It is also expected to cut county government telecommunications
expenses by about 50 percent. (Source: The Coalfield Progress, Virginia)

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/