Subject: [NEXTEL-1] BART Expands Wireless Service in Stations, S.F

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 15:45:49 -0500

03/28 13:17
BART Expands Wireless Service in Stations, S.F.
Chronicle Says
By Samantha Zee

San Francisco, March 28 (Bloomberg) -- San Francisco's Bay Area Rapid Transit
system plans to phase in wireless access in all of its underground stations,
subways and the tunnel under San Francisco Bay, the San Francisco Chronicle
reported.

BART is negotiating with Andrew Corp., a telecommunications company, about
plans to equip BART's system for wireless service, the paper said, citing Desha
Hill of BART's real estate division. The wiring would be done in stages, in line with
interest from wireless telecommunications providers, the paper said.

AT&T Wireless Services Inc. already has a stake in the BART system. It began
service in September after installing antennas in BART's four underground
stations in San Francisco. Andrew is in talks with BART and three other wireless
providers, including Verizon Communications Inc., Sprint Corp. and Nextel
Communications Inc., that are interested in adding service underground.

The companies will probably focus on BART's downtown San Francisco stations
and then expand to stations in downtown Oakland, California, before tackling the
tunnel under the bay.

(San Francisco Chronicle 3-28 A3)

http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?T=marketsquote99_relnews.ht&s=APoSRzhWfQkFSVCBF

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
DVD Rentals with No Late Fees - Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ZKLNcC/pEZFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/