Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ESAS Multri Site Dispatch

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:48:50 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Steve S. Bosshard   (NU5D)" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  ESAS Multri Site Dispatch
To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@ws4-2.us4.outblaze.com>

This week we turned up a three site system that dramatically increases range (and
revenues) for (from) existing LTR dispatch
customers using RELM's Multi Site Dispatch / ESAS (extended sub audible signaling) system
in the 460 Megahertz band.

Our system uses VoIP controllers and RS-232 to Ethernet links between sites.  Our local
ISP provides SDSL384 or better between sites
with static IP addresses at a very competitive rate.  VoIP provides constant voice links
between switches, and the RS-232 equipment
provides a COM Link to orchestrate ID Codes and PTT between sites.

LTR radios can use this system with hard fast links between sites while ESAS units receive
calls only when registered with a
particular site, preserving precious airtime.

We still have some ways to go with ESAS and Roaming, but the first tests with MSD are a
home run.

Steve

Radio Service isn't a Job, It's an Adventure...de NU5D  ><>
http://www.bosshardradio.com  [email-masked]
Temple, Bell County, Texas  "Deep in the Heart of Texas"
Gig Em Aggies

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/