Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CTIA Testifies in Favor of Spectrum Relocation Fund

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:20:33 -0500

CTIA Testifies in Favor of Spectrum Relocation Fund

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Steven K. Berry, Senior Vice President for Government Affairs of the
Cellular Telecommunications
& Internet Association (CTIA), today testified before the House Subcommittee on
Telecommunications and the Internet
regarding the Commercial Spectrum Enhancement Act.

“By ensuring the efficient delivery of the 90 MHz NTIA plan, H.R.1320 is a win-win-win – a
win for the economy, a win for
consumers, and a win for national security,” said Berry in his prepared testimony. “The
wireless industry fully supported the
creation of a relocation mechanism then and fully supports the Commercial Spectrum
Enhancement Act (H.R. 1320) today.”

Berry also noted the Act meets the industry’s three key policy principles:

· First, H.R.1320 fully funds government relocation. This has been a bedrock principle for
the wireless industry since the
beginning of the process with the Defense Department and the Administration.

· Second, H.R.1320 will result in workable timelines for both the wireless industry and
government incumbents.

· Third, H.R.1320 provides certainty and accountability in developing relocation cost
estimates, using auction proceeds to fund
relocations, and following relocation cost and timing estimates.

In his oral testimony, Berry stated, “Two years ago, the Sebago Group produced an economic
study estimating that advanced
wireless services could spur $500 billion in economic growth and the creation of over
400,000 jobs in the U.S. economy over
the next 10 years. This legislation encourages growth, stimulates investment and the
creation of new jobs in the high-tech
sector.”

To view the written testimony please visit: www.wow-com.com/pdf/BERRYfinal.doc

CTIA is the international association for the wireless telecommunications industry,
representing carriers, manufacturers and
wireless Internet providers.

 http://www.wow-com.com/articles.cfm?ID=1200

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/