Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Power Measurement Basics- Why are Power Measurements So Important

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:37:13 -0500

Power Measurement Basics- Why are Power Measurements So Important

Abstract

In this presentation you will learn about high-frequency power measurements and how they
differ
from low-frequency or DC measurements. Definitions and terms involving absolute, ratio and
peak
power measurements are also covered. You will learn about the differences in various power

measurements and situations where each type of measurement is used. Next, some of the
hardware and theory behind the major types of power sensors and the power meter is given.
Measurement uncertainty is critical and another section covers the uncertainties
associated with
power measurements, including sensor and source mismatch, sensor errors, and meter errors.
An
uncertainty calculation example is presented. Finally, the session will address how to
match the
correct equipment to particular applications.

http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/5965-7919E.pdf

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/