Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G : New Family of CDMA Wireless Chips

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:04:33 -0500

Today’s 3G News

1) Mobile Device Market To Double in 2003
2) 3G 1xEV-DO Launched in Brazil
3) New Family of CDMA Wireless Chips
4) 3G CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Operator Takes Provisioning Software
5) Feature-Rich Phones Will Drive 2.5G and 3G Data Network Revenue 
6) Motorola Introduces New Wireless Phones 
7) Orange UK Offer Extra Wireless Content
8) New Mobile Phone sized 2.2" Pen-sensing Technology
_________________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News Follows : 
__________________________________________________________________________________

1) Mobile Device Market To Double in 2003

Leading European analyst firm Canalys expects shipments of smart phones to exceed those of
handhelds in the Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) region for the first time in 2003,
according to its new report - EMEA Mobile Device Trends 2003.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5125.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

2) 3G 1xEV-DO Launched in Brazil

Nortel has helped Brazilian Operator Vesper to launch 3G CDMA2000 1xEV-DO initially in the
Sao Paulo area.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5124.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

3) New Family of CDMA Wireless Chips

Demonstrating its leadership in RF integrated circuit technology, National Semiconductor
announced the world's first family of integrated circuits that combine PLL and VCO
functions in a single chip optimized for CDMA mobile handsets.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5123.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

4) 3G CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Operator Takes Provisioning Software

Cramer Systems announced that its industry leading inventory management and provisioning
automation software has been deployed into production at Monet Mobile Networks, a
Seattle-based wireless broadband Internet service provider.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5122.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

5) Feature-Rich Phones Will Drive 2.5G and 3G Data Network Revenue 

The Yankee Group report, "Finding a Clear Path to Wireless Data Revenue with Downloadable
Applications," finds that while critical pieces of the wireless data value chain continue
to fall into place, the market remains immature and fragmented.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5115.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

6) Motorola Introduces New Wireless Phones 

Motorola revealed two new additions to the company’s growing 2003 mobile experience
portfolio -- the Motorola E310 and V810. The new handsets deliver the latest technological
advances in intelligent design, situational lighting, customizable music and interactive
gaming – all brought together in full color.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5107.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

7) Orange UK Offer Extra Wireless Content

Mobile Commerce and Orange UK have reached an agreement designed to give Orange customers
access to an expanded range of approved third party applications. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5101.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

8) New Mobile Phone sized 2.2" Pen-sensing Technology

Fen Technology announced the successful delivery of a demonstration platform showcasing
WACOM’s new mobile phone sized 2.2" pen-sensing technology which is targeted at the
emerging smart phone market. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5084.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/