Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Dan Akerson is joining the global private equity firm The Carlyle

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:44:19 -0500

Things must be getting back to normal on Wall Street. I just received a call (he was
scared to call before because of the SEC lurking about) from an analyst who told me Dan
Akerson  has gone to work for the Carlyle group as a managing director.

The Carlyle Group is a private equity money house.  Bill Conway ( Nextel's Chairman of the
Board) started the group. They have invested in Nextel over the years and maintain a
working relationship.

Looks like they are putting Dan "Out to Pasture" and retiring him to the old fogies with
money farm.

I'm surprised the gave him any they gave him anything after screwing up XOXO. I guess he
called in a few favors.......

"How Business Gets Done"-
                                            You know the rest...........

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/