Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nokia delivers China's first TETRA system with IP backbone to Tianjin Public Security

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:07:02 -0500

7:00AM 2003.03.14  (GMT)
Nokia delivers China's first TETRA system with IP backbone to Tianjin Public Security

Nokia is delivering a complete 800MHz TETRA network using IP technology to Tianjin Public
Security .  The
network is the first of its kind in China and expected to be operational during second
half of 2003.

This new TETRA network will cover the urban area in Tianjin providing advanced
applications such as IP
packet data for the related authorities in order to further enhance security
communications. It will be
interconnected to another TETRA network, which was provided by Nokia to Tianjin Water
Conservancy Bureau.

Nokia is the world's leading supplier of TETRA networks and terminals, offering the most
modern scaleable
digital radio communication solutions using IP technology for public safety organizations
and other
professional users. Special features include: top-class communication security, fast
network-wide group calls,
sophisticated emergency call functionality, prioritized calls, advanced messaging and data
communication
services, including IP packet data.

"The TETRA network we are supplying will not only provide highly efficient voice
communications, but also the
data communication required by the customer to further develop its data information
system," says Topi
Kinnunen, Director of Nokia Professional Mobile Radio APAC.

"Nokia is pleased to have worked closely with our Chinese partners to bring about this
important entry into the
Public Safety & Security market in China.  This milestone also shows that TETRA technology
has been
spreading fast in China and has been readily adopted by Chinese customers and government
departments,"
he adds.

Nokia will deliver TETRA switching equipment, a number of base stations, dispatcher
stations, and Nokia
TETRA handsets.  In addition to network equipment, Nokia will provide its Network
Deployment Package,
which covers implementation, commissioning and project management; the Nokia technical
support
Package, which maintains the competitiveness of the network after roll-out; and a package
of training services
for developing staff competencies.

Nokia is committed to long-term development and preferred partnership in China.  With
innovative technology,
Nokia has continuously strengthened its market position in China as a leading supplier of
mobile and
broadband network systems and mobile phones.  In China, Nokia is the largest exporter in
the
telecommunications industry.  Nokia has established more than twenty offices, eight joint
ventures and two
R&D centers, with nearly 5,000 employees in China.

Nokia is the world leader in mobile communications. Backed by its experience, innovation,
user-friendliness
and secure solutions, the company has become the leading supplier of mobile phones and a
leading supplier
of mobile, fixed broadband and IP networks. By adding mobility to the Internet Nokia
creates new opportunities
for companies and further enriches the daily lives of people. Nokia is a broadly held
company with listings on
six major exchanges.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/