Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] RICHARDSON DECISION FILINGS FROM WIRELESS CARRIERS MEAN FURTH...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:44:43 EST

Interestingly (and not surprisingly), I take the complete opposition position 
on your supposition.  What it shows to me instead is that, just because one 
is working with someone on one particular issue, doesn't mean that people 
have "caved in" on other issues of disagreement.

In other words, for example, just because my clients are working WITH Nextel 
on this issue, it doesn't mean that we won't continue to fight them, hard as 
hell, on OTHER issues.

Of course, you always hope that when two opposing parties build a bridge on 
one issue, that same bridge can be used on other issues.  But, sometimes you 
just can't.  Apparently (and I'm not taking sides on E911, either way), this 
is not one of those issues.

As you always do, you paint this as Nextel f*&@#$ing someone.  It COULD be 
that there are valid issues of disagreement that can't be bridged.

Alan Tilles

In a message dated 3/4/2003 7:27:53 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> While Nextel sweet talks public safety on the "Interference" issue they have 
> creeped up from behind and stabbed public safety (and the consumer) in the 
> back and twisted the knife several times on the matter of PSAP 
> certification. So when is a "Consensus" not really a "Consensus"? 
> When you deal with Nextel- 
> 
> For most of  us who know "How Business Gets Done" this is not surprising, 
> but for others in the public safety community this comes as a great 
> disappointment. 
> 
>

---

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 05:00:59 -0000

And as always you are under$tanding of Nextel's postion regardless of 
who they are $crewing, until they $crew your firm. 

Maybe APCO did not understand Nextel's meaning of "CONsensus"?

You are right maybe they do have "valid issues of disagreement that 
can't be bridged".

But you must remember Nextel gains nothing from the PSAP Cert issue.
I wonder how hard they will try to bridge the gap? 

After getting another look on "How Business Gets Done" up close and 
personal the last 2 days I see nothing has changed except Timmy has 
new furniture and there are more people hanging out in the break 
rooms (taking extended breaks which I confused for lunch 
time ....silly me!).

> that there are valid issues of disagreement that can't be bridged.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/