Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Samsung to provide "The Matrix" phone

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:47:17 -0500

Samsung to provide "The Matrix" phone

Samsung appears to have stolen a march on Nokia, and will have its handsets featured in
this years release of the sequel movies to The Matrix. Nokia garned considerable public
awareness when a modified 8110 handset was featured in the original movie - which
doubtless helped sales of the similar, if not identical 7110 when that was released.

Samsung has set up a teaser web site at www.thematrixphone.com which features the date
15th May as the "launch date" and invites visitors to sign up for an email alert. The
picture to the right was taken from their teaser web site by slowing down the animation
and taking a screenshot - there is no indication if Samsung are making an actual handset
that looks like this.

Samsung and Warner Bros. are expected to announce details of their marketing tie up in the
next few weeks, most probably on the 17th March, as Samsung is hosting a "Matrix themed"
party at the CTIA trade fair in New Orleans along with SprintPCS and Microsoft.

Posted to the site on 04-Mar-03
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/