Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Holy Cow Batman! DoCoMo Works Like Clockwork

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:37:04 -0500

Holy Cow Batman! DoCoMo Works Like Clockwork

BY WIRELESS WEEK STAFF
MARCH 26, 2003

Japan's NTT DoCoMo today started selling the world's first commercial wristwatch
mobile phone using its Personal Handyphone System network. The device, called
a Wristomo, will be sold only over the Internet initially.

Wristomo is a waterproof wristwatch with buttons on the side that open up the face
and turn it into a phone. It includes an e-mail service with up to 6,000 characters.
Wristomo also has an Internet browser with i-mode services, location-based
services and handles wireless data at 64 kilobits per second.

The carrier says the wristwatch also synchronizes an address book and journal with
a desktop PC via a wireless connection or with a cable. The watch weighs 113
grams including a battery and has a talk time of two hours and 200 hours of
standby time.

DoCoMo also has restated plans to launch its 3G services with AT&T Wireless in
the United States in 2004. It had hoped to launch the services by the end of this
year.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=3&pubdate=03/26/03
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/