Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Vodafone Live! to get video messaging

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:54:07 -0500

24-Mar-03
Vodafone Live! to get video messaging

Vodafone Sweden is planning to add three new camera phones to its Vodafone Live! service.
Initially, the Sharp GX10i and Nokia 3650 camera-phones will be launched. By this summer,
Vodafone Sweden also hopes to be able to offer the Sony Ericsson T610 as part of Vodafone
live!

"Our high pre-launch expectations have been matched by Swedish sales of Vodafone live!
That's why we're looking forward to an exciting spring. We will be improving and enhancing
the concept even further, with both new camera-phones and new services," said Goran
Mannerstrale, Director of Consumer Affairs at Vodafone Sweden.

"We are delighted to be able to offer the two camera-phones from Nokia and Sharp and we
look forward to bringing Sony Ericsson onboard as well. The Sharp handset has been an
enormous success in the countries where we have introduced the concept, and it recently
won first prize as the best mobile phone at the GSM World Congress in Cannes. The Nokia
3650 is a snazzy little phone that we also feel is ideally suited to our target group,"
added Goran Mannerstrale.

Vodafone Sweden is currently testing its networks to make it possible to send video MMS as
supported by the Nokia 3650.

"The interest in picture messages has been strong ever since they were introduced, and now
it will be even stronger, since operators will be able to offer MMS between their
networks, something that will become a reality in the very near future. Video MMS is
something we really believe in, since the function further enhances both the pleasures and
the benefits derived from communicating in pictures," said Mannerstrale.

Instant messaging is another new option Vodafone Sweden hopes to offer in the near future
as part of Vodafone live! This service allows you to see when your friends are connected
to the mobile network and start a chat session with them or send them other types of
messages. The service is currently very popular on the Internet.

Another service to be offered is the photo album. Users can save their personal pictures
in the album and show them to their friends. This services also lets you pre-select which
friends will be allowed to see the pictures.

New content providers in the concept will also be coming out this spring with new
services, such as stock market reports and Java games.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/