Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel and ConstructWorks Partnership Offers Exclusive Wireless Tool Set for Managing Building Permit Requirements

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:33:26 -0500

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030310/105638_1.html
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Search - Finance Home - Yahoo! - Help

Welcome,
marcel_rf1
[Sign
Out]

Money Manager
-
My Yahoo! View
-
Customize

Financial
News

Enter
symbol(s) BasicDayWatchPerformanceReal-time MktDetailedChartResearchOptionsOrder
Book
Symbol Lookup

Press Release

Source:
Nextel Communications, Inc.

Nextel and ConstructWorks Partnership Offers Exclusive Wireless Tool Set for Managing Building Permit Requirements
Monday March 10, 2:08 pm ET

Nextel's Construction Customers Can Now Get Building Permits and Permit Help On the Go - Saving Time and Money - via Nextel Wireless Mobile Devices

RESTON, Va. & CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 10, 2003--
Nextel Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXTL - News), a leading provider of
fully integrated wireless communications services, and
ConstructWorks(TM), Inc., an information-based solutions company
focused on the construction industry, announced today the availability
of PermitWorks(TM) and CityConnect(TM), a wireless tool-set for
managing building permit requirements, exclusively for Nextel
customers. The solutions are available via any Nextel data capable
phone and will provide the construction industry with a targeted
directory highlighting local municipal building officials and provide
access to experienced permit specialists who are available to solve
any permit problem. Thousands of Nextel construction customers will
benefit from this application by shortening the time it takes to get
permits processed.

CityConnect(TM) offers a specialized directory of hard to find
contact information on local municipal building officials in more than
3,000 cities across the United States. By typing in the city name or
zip code, a user can obtain the name and phone number of those key
individuals in that municipality, all from a Nextel wireless device.

PermitWorks(TM) provides access to an exclusive nationwide help
desk, which is staffed by experienced permit specialists who serve as
a resource to contractors trying to manage their permit requirements.
Specialists can answer any permit question, from "How do I go about
obtaining a permit?" to "Who do I need to talk to?" Help desk
specialists are available from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST Monday through
Friday simply by dialing #444 from any Nextel phone.

"Managing the building permit problem is considered a major
headache in the construction industry, and we answered the call for
Nextel customers with these exclusive ConstructWorks products," said
Daryl Newman, vice president of construction for Nextel
Communications. "Using Internet-enabled applications and Nextel's
handheld wireless devices, our customers can take advantage of some
much-needed solutions accessible no matter where they are on Nextel's
nationwide network."

"As a Wireless Business Solutions and technology partner, Nextel
is committed to finding the right partners to deliver the best
industry solutions to solve our customers' ongoing challenges," Newman
added.

"Teaming with Nextel represents an incredible milestone for
ConstructWorks and a strong endorsement of our products by one of the
construction industry's most respected solution providers," said Mike
Gaynor, CEO for ConstructWorks, Inc. "Our partnership with Nextel, for
the first time, provides every construction industry team member the
additional tools they need to manage every permit problem right from
their Nextel phone."

About Nextel

Nextel Communications, a Fortune 300 company based in Reston, Va.,
is a leading provider of fully integrated wireless communications
services and has built the largest guaranteed all-digital wireless
network in the country covering thousands of communities across the
United States. Nextel and Nextel Partners, Inc., currently serve 197
of the top 200 U.S. markets. Through recent market launches, Nextel
and Nextel Partners service is available today in areas of the U.S.
where approximately 240 million people live or work.

About ConstructWorks

ConstructWorks is a leading provider of information-based
solutions for the construction industry throughout the United States.
Delivering mission critical business information through both voice
and data channels, ConstructWorks provides the integrated solutions
contractors need to get the job done.

ConstructWorks is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, and its
investors include the Adobe Ventures, the investment arm of Adobe
Software (ADBE) (www.adobe.com), Granite Ventures
(www.graniteventures), and Sextant Partners. For more information,
visit ConstructWorks on the web at www.constructworks.com.

Contact:

Nextel Communications, Inc.
Cheryl Hawkins, 703/433-4276
[email-masked]
or
ConstructWorks
Michael Gaynor, 312/423-3900 x501
[email-masked]

Source:
Nextel Communications, Inc.
Email this story
-
Set
a News
Alert
ADVERTISEMENT

Special Offers

·

Find a Credit Card NOW! eCreditCards.com (U.S. Only)

·

SBC Yahoo! DSL $34.95/month for a year.

·

Planning to Sell or Buy a Home this Spring?

·

Find Old Friends at Classmates.com

·

SBC Yahoo! Dial - Get 1st month free.

·

LendingTree - Let Banks Compete for You!

·

Taste the Gevalia difference! Get a FREE coffeemaker & 2 mugs

·

Fast Tax Refund! File online with TurboTax® For the WebSM

·

Fast, Easy, & FREE Tax Preparation!

·

Hide Your Tracks Download internetwasher.com only $79.95!

Related
Quote

NXTL

11.10

0.00

News

View Detailed Quote
Delayed 20 mins
Quote data provided by
Reuters

Related News Stories

·

NTL Names Ex-Nextel Exec as Chairman - Reuters (8:07 am)

·

NTL names ex-Nextel exec as chairman - Reuters (7:17 am)

·

[audio] Price Headley's Sectors to Watch [1.2 min] - ON24 (Tue Mar 11)

·

[external] Nokia impact muted, S&P futures hold gains - at CBS MarketWatch (Tue Mar 11)

More...

·

By
industry:
Computers, Internet, Networking, Publishing, Real estate, Telecom

Top Stories

·

Stocks Look Set to Fall; FTSE, Iraq Weigh - Reuters (7:49 am)

·

Sports Authority Quarterly Profit Up - Reuters (5:28 am)

·

Mortgage Re-Fi Applications Hit Record - Reuters (7:15 am)

·

IEA: OPEC Spare Oil Cushion Squeezed Hard - Reuters (5:32 am)

More...

·

Most-emailed
articles

·

Most-viewed
articles

Finance Spotlight

·

MarketTracker
Live streaming quotes for $9.95/mo

·

Credit Reports
Find out your credit score instantly

Copyright © 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Ad Feedback
Copyright
©
2003 Business Wire. All rights reserved. All
the news releases provided by Business Wire are copyrighted.
Any forms of
copying other than an individual user's personal reference
without express
written permission is prohibited. Further distribution
of these materials
by posting, archiving in a public web site or database,
or redistribution
in a computer network is strictly forbidden.