Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Introduces Next-Generation Cellular Base Station RF Technology

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:58:38 -0500

Motorola Introduces Next-Generation Cellular Base Station RF Technology

Sixth Generation RF LDMOS Technology Sets Industry Standards with Higher Performance and
Efficiency

CTIA WIRELESS 2003, NEW ORLEANS - March 17, 2003 - Motorola, Inc. (NYSE:MOT) is
introducing its sixth generation of RF (Radio Frequency) power transistor technology for
GSM
(Global System for Mobil communications), EDGE (Enhanced Data for GSM Evolution), CDMA
(Code Division for Multiple Access) and W-CDMA (Wideband CDMA) base station amplifiers.
Motorola offers equipment designers in the digital network arena a vital portfolio of high
power RF
LDMOS (laterally diffused metal oxide semiconductor) transistors to help develop low cost,
highly
efficient cellular base stations for voice, data and video transmissions.

As the pioneer of LDMOS technology, Motorola offers unsurpassed quality, product
consistency,
and RF performance. These pioneering efforts continue with the company’s sixth generation
of
high voltage (HV6) RF LDMOS technology. This advanced generation sets industry standards,
delivering greater power density and efficiency. At 2.2 GHz, for example, the typical
performance
for a 90 Watt (P1dB) device is:

W-CDMA Output Power = 17 Watts
Large Signal Gain = 17 dB
Efficiency = 28.5%
IM3 = -37 dBc

In addition to the improved operating performances, thermal performance has also been
improved
to industry leading levels. For example, for a 125 Watt (P1dB) device, Thetajc is .40
degrees
C/Watt. Visit Motorola’s semiconductor product booth #1555 for a performance demonstration
on
this latest technology.

“With more than 50% of the market for cellular infrastructure LDMOS silicon RF power
transistors
at their command, Motorola is well poised to build on this with the creation of their new
HV6
technology”, said Tim Shelton, a senior wireless semiconductor analyst at Allied Business
Intelligence. “Along with increased performance, this new LDMOS technology offers the
increased
instantaneous bandwidth necessary for wideband CDMA 3G (third-generation wireless) video
delivery.”

“Motorola is absolutely committed to helping our customers be successful in the wireless
infrastructure market by delivering high-performing, cost-effective solutions,” stated
Lynelle
McKay, vice president and general manager of Motorola’s RF & DSP Infrastructure Division.
”The
introduction of the HV6 family of products is continued proof of that commitment by
delivering
industry leading device performance, comprehensive thermal management and quality”.

Motorola continues to deliver critical success factors to help customers get to market
faster with
global support and a comprehensive tool set. Offering a complete library of modeling and
simulation tools, Motorola further enables designers to fully characterize the RF product
offerings
on-line, significantly reducing design time. For a full listing of models, please go to
www.motorola.com/rf/models

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,2487_2025_23,00.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/