Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SGC April 2003 Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:03:11 -0500

If you have problems reading this email go to the Online Newsletter

    Manufacturer of the World's Finest HF Transceivers, Antenna Couplers, Antennas, and
                                  Accessories since 1971.

                                   April 2003 Newsletter

                                     www.sgcworld.com
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                          ADSP2

                    Learn more about this unprecedented advance in DSP

We've started to post technical notes about how to install the ADSP2 board in a variety of
  radios. There are generic instructions for installing wither the low or the high power
  boards. There are also specific instructions for the FT817, the K2, and the Argonaut V.
 More will be coming as we get time to write them up. Drop by the announcement page for a
                         listing of what is currently available.

                           SGC Announces the ADSP2 Speaker Box!

 We're making it easier and easier for you to use ADSP2. SGC has taken the Noise Reduction
  part of the ADSP2 board and installed it in a small speaker case for those who want the
 benefits of ADSP2 without modification to their rigs. With the ADSP2 speaker, you get two
  levels of Noise Reduction, the same as on the full board, in a small speaker enclosure
  built for simple operation. All the benefits of the best noise reduction technology now
                     available with the simplicity of a single switch.

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                 Do You Know Who You Are?

Do you know your PREFERRED CUSTOMER NUMBER? Every customer of SGC has one. If you don't
know it, call or write to update your customer record (we'd like to make sure we've got
your address information correct) and we'll let you know what the customer number is. If
you use the number on your next order, we will send you a surprise gift!

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    We'd Like to Know

                          (click on the picture for the article)

 SGC wants to know your opinion. We've started posting a survey online at the web site for
you to express your opinions. This month, we want to know how satisfied you are with SGC's
  service. We try very hard to see that our service is the best available in this or any
                         other industry. We'd like your feedback.

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                      Upcoming Shows

                   Amateur Electronic Supply, Milwaukee 4-5 April 2003
                             Also speaking on Hidden Antennas
                                 11:45am-12:30pm  5 April

                            Dayton Hamvention! 16-18 May 2003
                                  Visit us at SGC Square

                         SEA*PAC - Seaside Oregon 14-15 June 2003

                Hamcom - ARRL National Convention, Dallas 20-22 June 2003

               Come visit our booth, we are looking forward to meeting you.
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                          SG2000 Operating Software now Online!
                          (click on the picture for the article)

The DOS based software for running the SG2000 transceiver is now available online. The ZIP
file includes the executable as well as the source code and information about interfacing.
                           If you've got an SG2000, take a look.
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                             Operating PSK31 with the SG2020
                          (click on the picture for the article)

 There is no denying that digital modes are hot. This paper by Clint Hurd, KK7UQ describes
  his experience in running PSK31 on the SG2020 and his advice for how best to interface
                                your computer and the 2020.
                              Bicycle Mobile with the SG2020
                          (click on the picture for the article)

 We'll bet you didn't think of putting your SG2020 on your handlebars, but take a look to
                            see how this English ham set it up.
                               SGC at the Puyallup Hamfest

                          (click on the picture for the article)

 The Puyallup Hamfest has been growing year after year in the Pacific Northwest. We spoke
 on hidden and portable antennas and demonstrated the SG2020 live on PSK31 and MFSK modes
                              to standing room only crowds.

                                     SGC in Charlotte

                          (click on the picture for the article)

 SGC was at the Charlotte Hamfest, showing off our gear and helping people understand what
 we can do for them. If you weren't in the area and couldn't drop by, then take a look to
                             see what our booth looked like.
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                           A Portable Smartuner Kit from France

                          (click on the picture for the article)

 Neat, compact, and portable. what more could you want? Take a look at how one French ham
                                  uses his SGC Smartuner.

                      Have you seen the SGC Discussion Boards lately?

The biggest place anywhere to discuss the SGC Product Line with your fellow users. If you
have a question on an installation, a comment on a product, or anything else related to
high frequency communications, the SGC Discussion Board is the perfect place to go. There
is even a section for buying and selling used equipment! Here are some excerpts from some
recent discussions: Recently seen on the SG-239 Board: ... tuning on CW is the ideal way.
I don't have a key, is this still possible ?? rig is ft-847.
Read entire discussion. Recently seen on the SG-237 Board: I worked dx country number 219
this morning mobile on 17 meters.
Read Entire Discussion.

              Discuss over 100 different topics on the SGC Discussion Boards
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                What's New at sgcworld.com?
Topics of interest on the SGC web site:

     ADSP2 Lo Power Generic Installation Instructions (Lo Power Board, 297K PDF File)

     ADSP2 Board Schematic (110K PDF File)

     ADSP2 Hi Power Generic Installation (Hi Power Board, 297K PDF File)

     ADSP2 FT817 Installation (Lo Power Board, 1.6Mb PDF File)

     ADSP2 K2 Installation (Hi Power Board, 1.1Mb PDF File)

     ADSP2 Argonaut V Installation (Lo Power Board, 2.1Mb PDF File)
  1. SG2000 Interface Software Now Online!
  2. SGC Reduces the price on the SG239 Smartuner!
  3. ADSP2 Introduction
  4. ADSP2 Brochure
  5. Smartuners and Older Radios
  6. Tuners and Couplers - A Short Explanation
  7. SG-2020 Power Technical Note
  8. Radials and Counterpoises Technical Note
  9. Field Tactical Presentation - PDF form of the presentation

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Visit your local dealer, or shop online at sgcworld.com for the full line of SGC fine
                                     radio products.
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                         No Compromise Communications since 1971
                                        SGC, Inc.
                                    13737 SE 26th St.
                                  Bellevue, WA 98005 USA
            Toll-Free (800) 259-7331, Phone (425) 746-6310, Fax (425) 746-6384
                                Website: www.sgcworld.com
                                 E-mail: [email-masked]
You are receiving this email because you have added yourself to our mailing list. To
Unsubscribe, please reply to this email.