Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 900 MHz

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:13:22 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Cathy Sutter <[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Subject: 900 MHz

Bravo to Bob Wallenburg for bringing us 900MHz licensees into the 
light.  As an auctioned winner of 900 spectrum...it is imperitive 
that our voices be heard given the " soon to come knocking " 
interference at our doorstep.  

Along with Bob is Todd Ellis who is carring the torch for the 
utility companies.  If anyone on the forum knows any 900 operators 
please have them contact either one of these gentleman.  Both are up 
to speed and can give various opinions as to the future of your 
systems.  

To address Mark regarding the actual count of 900 licenses through 
out the country....I can only attest through my membership of the 3 
main trade associations..AMTA, SBT and ITA.  I think it's safe to 
say that 90% of the auctioned spectrum is now owned by Nextel via 
FCI900, Neoworld, Fleetalk, and Geotalk.  While the transfers of 
these companies licenses were in the works...Nextel was also on a 
buying spree consolidating all other independent auction winners who 
could not meet the 5 year construction date.  Remember... many 
auction winners took the DE ( Designated Entity ) plan and also had 
the 5th year balloon payment due. That problem also doomed any 
chances for success.  

Knowing these licensees would default and give the spectrum back to 
the commission... Nextels preventitive action was to offer 1 million 
for each 10 channel license.  The already disadvantaged licensee could 
at least retrieve some of their interest paid to the FCC for the last 
5 years including their up front payment. Given their situation the 
majority caved in... grateful Nextel jumped in when they did. 

Cathy Sutter
Pro-Tec Mobile Communications Inc
1641 North Pinal Ave
Casa Grande, AZ 85222
480-985-6550 0ffice

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/