Subject: [NEXTEL-1] frog design and Motorola Launch Prototypes Of Next Generation Wearable Wireless Solutions

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:38:35 -0500

frog design and Motorola Launch Prototypes Of Next Generation Wearable Wireless Solutions

Wireless Lifestyle Series Combines Fashion and Technology
SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 10 /PRNewswire/ -- frog design inc., the legendary international
digital and product design firm, has teamed with Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT), a global
leader in providing integrated communications and embedded electronics solutions, to
create a family of fashionable wearable devices representing the next generation of
personal computing and wireless communications.

Combining the results of pervasive-computing research at MIT Media Lab with Motorola's
iDEN(R) technology has enabled frog to design an array of compatible modular wirelessly
connected devices that may provide unprecedented interaction with the users.  The
futuristic devices include:  glasses, ear buds, digital cameras, pens, and wrist bands.

The family of futuristic products utilizes the latest advances in miniaturization and
wireless connectivity technology to enable entertainment, business, and security-related
communications and broadband applications.  The devices each have an independent power
source and memory, and are individually designed to be worn as fashionable accessories.
The futuristic family of modular devices is wirelessly connected, allowing each device to
share information with other devices and the user, operating as a seamless personal
network.

"The wearable wireless fashions designed by frog and iDEN are bundled in a lifestyle
series that will empower the user and eventually encourage seamless movement of
information," said Peter Aloumanis, vice president & general manager of US Markets
Division iDEN Subscriber Group at Motorola.  "The idea is to provide a maximum level of
connectivity and security without interfering with an individual's lifestyle.  We want to
create a series of accessories that are stylish, intuitive, and attractive in their form
and function." "In high tech innovation, cool functional capabilities are often
implemented without much regard for design and human interface -- often at the expense of
the actual user experience," said Hartmut Esslinger, founder and co-CEO of frog design.
"This project with iDEN will use innovative design as a catalyst to create a lifestyle
series where style meets function, setting the standard for future wireless
communication." Having completed a series of designs demonstrating a vision of the future
of wearable wireless communication technology, Motorola iDEN and frog design are now ready
to begin the next step in the process:  actual user testing.

About frog design

Founded in 1969 by design visionary Hartmut Esslinger, frog has an unparalleled history of
successfully applying its fully-integrated design experience to address the challenges of
companies competing in rapidly changing marketplaces.  frog has distinguished itself by
developing a process of concurrent, multidisciplinary innovation, which rapidly delivers
high impact products, software and brand enhancements.  frog design has been part of some
of the market's most significant success stories, including global product design
strategies for Sony, Louis Vuitton, NEC and Apple Computer.  Lufthansa Airlines airplane
interiors and terminals as well as the Disney cruise ships are examples of frog's ability
to integrate design and consumer experience.  With work for Microsoft, SAP, i2
Technologies, Dell.com and Prodigy, frog has also established itself as the leader in
software user-interface design and e-commerce solutions.
Headquartered in California's Silicon Valley, frog has additional offices
in San Francisco, New York, Austin, and Altensteig, Germany.
http://www.frogdesign.com

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/03-10-2003/0001904592&EDATE=

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/