Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Portland Oregonian on Nextel interference "fix"]]

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:58:25 -0500

Timmy,

Here is a message from a member of the Public Safety Community.......

-------- Original Message --------
From: "mrflashport" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Re: Portland Oregonian on Nextel interference "fix"]

 Marcel <Marcelrf@B...> wrote:
> Old news for us but new for "Joe Public"
> ---------------------------------------------
> Nextel offers  $850 million to fix radio disruption 
> 
> 03/17/03
> 
> By Ryan Frank and Emily Tsao
> The Portland Oregonian 
> 
> Nextel Communications has offered to pay $850 million in an all-or-
nothing proposal that
> it said will fix a national problem of interference between 
wireless phone signals and
> police and fire radios. 
http://www.oregonlive.com/metro/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1047905
764266651.xml

Here's a solution: get Nextel off 850MHz. Or maybe they could turn 
the power down on their base stations to something more reasonable. 
And change the beam tilt on the antennas so they are not blasting RF 
right into the ground. Why should incumbent licenees suffer the 
burden of moving because of one user? This is horse manure. If it 
were anyone else causing such QRM they would be asked to move. Screw 
Nextel. They are the one's who caused this problem. It isn't other 
wireless providers. Not even ones that use iDEN/TDMA in the same 
spectrum. Take SouthernLINC for example. They don't cause 
interference because their network topography is what it is supposed 
to be in the 850MHz band, a high-site SMR. 

Up yours Nextel. We are not moving. And we are paying either. Take 
that our of your 100 million dollar bonus Mr. Donahue. Have a nice 
day.

My thoughts.

Mr. Flashport

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/