Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The World's Smallest GPRS Wireless Phone

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 06:20:36 -0500

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5111.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

The World's
Smallest GPRS Wireless Phone

24th
March 2003

SAMSUNG
Electronics has introduced the first “Dick Tracy” style
GPRS wristwatch phone.

The
GPRS Class 10 watch phone, offers one and a half hours of continuous
talk time and 80 hours of stand-by time at the flick of a wrist. The
handset also supports voice activated dialling and includes a built-in
phone book and 40 different polyphonic ring tones.

Sang
Jin Park, Senior Vice President & General Manager for Mobile Communication
Network Business of SAMSUNG Electronics said: “Consumer research
tells us that people want lightweight phone solutions, as part of the
need to stay in touch wherever they go and whatever they are doing.”

The
phone, which weighs under 80 grams including battery and measures just
37.8 x 64 x 17.7 mm. The phone supports WAP 1.2, Bluetooth and Speakerphone
technologies.

To
maximize users’ experience, the watch phone comes with a bright,
easy to read 256 OLED (Organic Light Emitting Display) colour screen
that features generous 96 x 64 pixel resolution.

The
phone will go on sale across Europe in Q4 2003 as the world’s
smallest GPRS phone.

This
Press Release Sponsored by AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

Samsung
GPRS Smartphone On Way To Europe

European
consumers will soon be able to experience the latest smart phones launched
by SAMSUNG Electronics, the giant mobile manufacture, which includes the
Palm OS based SGH-i500, the Microsoft Pocket PC 2002 based SGH-i700 and
the SGH-D700, based on the Symbian OS.

The
World's Smallest GPRS Wireless Phone

The
GPRS Class 10 watch phone, offers one and a half hours of continuous talk
time and 80 hours of stand-by time at the flick of a wrist. The handset
also supports voice activated dialling and includes a built-in phone book
and 40 different polyphonic ring tones.

LG
Chairman Demos 3G Phone

Mr.
John Koo also caught the attention of participants by showing a demonstration
of the state-of-the art mobile phones featuring exquisite design and enhanced
digital camera functionality. The synchronous IMT-2000 handset with a
built-in camera and a 270-degree-rotating LCD screen was also shown.

EGPRS
( EDGE ) Test Set Launched

Racal
Instruments launched its 6113 EDGE BTS test system at the CTIA Show, the
first test system of its kind. EGPRS (EDGE) technology is an attractive
option for mobile phone vendors since it triples conventional GPRS data
rates without needing high levels of infrastructure investment.

Togabi
and Samsung Major Wireless Agreement

Togabi
Technologies and Samsung Telecommunications announced that Togabi's standards-based
PacketCHAT client technology is being integrated into a new generation
of mobile terminals built by Samsung.

3G
UMTS Mobile Design & Development

The
6401 Air Interface Test System is a multi-standard instrument designed
for the test and verification of 3G mobiles and terminals known as User
Equipment (UE).

3G
and Wi-Fi Billing Solution

Usha
Communications Technology (UshaComm) and The Management Network Group

(TMNG) are pleased to announce that UshaComm's Unicorn Release 5, an advanced
billing solution, will be showcased in a combined Wi-Fi 802.11 and CDMA
1xRTT demonstration of next generation wireless services at CTIA.

Image
and Text Optimization Solution for Mobile Devices

IBM
Japan Ltd., Itochu Techno-science Corporation (CTC), and PictureIQ Japan
K.K. announced today that the three companies will join to provide rich
media capabilities based on PictureIQ TransForce® for real-time content
delivery to any Internet or mobile networked device. These capabilities
will improve both the performance and accessibility of mobile device content
being offered by carriers and enterprises.

3G
Home

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.