Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NTL lines up (James) Mooney as chairman

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 07:53:23 -0500

At least this paper got his name right!
-----------------------------------------
NTL lines up Mooney as chairman

Dominic Timms
Tuesday March 11, 2003

NTL will this week name James Mooney, former chief operating
officer of the US wireless group Nextel, as its non-executive
chairman, according to reports.

Mr Mooney is expected to
take up the role later this
month, ending a search
that has been going on
since September when the
previous chairman, George
Blumenthal, was ousted by
bondholders.

Attempts to lure the United
Business Media chief, Lord
Hollick, as chairman have
been unsuccessful,
according to a report in
today's Financial Times.

Mr Mooney's arrival brings the restructured NTL board more or
less up to full strength following its emergence from Chapter 11
bankruptcy protection in January.

NTL announced last night it had appointed Scott Schubert as
chief financial officer.

Mr Schubert, who takes up his new role next month, is currently
the executive vice president and chief financial officer of
telecoms group WilTel Communications.

NTL is also understood to have approached Simon Duffy, the
former finance director of Orange, about the role of chief
operating officer.

A former finance director of IBM, Mr Mooney quit Nextel last
September, saying he was "looking forward to my next
challenge and also to spending time with my family in New
York".

Widely credited with turning the US wireless group around,
shares in Nextel fell 10% on his departure.

Mr Mooney who lives in New York, is not expected to move to
London but his appointment is likely to be well received by NTL's
majority US investors.

NTL declined to comment.

http://media.guardian.co.uk/city/story/0,7497,911956,00.html
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/