Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Archived eSeminar: RF Spectrum Analysis Basics

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 02:55:05 -0500

Archived eSeminar: RF Spectrum Analysis Basics

Agilent offers recordings of its eSeminars on the NetSeminar website. You need to briefly
register with
the site and then you will be able to view the recording. View the Feb. 18, 2003 Archived
eSeminar

US participants who fully complete the feedback form by May 18, 2003 will be entered into
a drawing for
a pen-sized digital camera.

Why this event is important

Due to an overwhelming response, we´re pleased to present the RF Spectrum Analysis Basics
eSeminar. Learn why spectrum analysis is important for a variety of applications and how
to measure
system and device performance using a spectrum analyzer. This presentation will provide a
strong
foundation in basic measurement techniques beginning with an introduction to spectrum
analyzers and
a discussion of the theory of operation. Then we´ll cover the instrument´s major
components and their
significance and delve into spectrum analyzer specifications that are important for your
application.
Finally, we'll look at the capabilities of a spectrum analyzer that are essential for
making effective
measurements.

Who should attend:
-Recent Engineering Graduates
-Experienced R&D Engineers transitioning to RF
-Technicians & Engineers involved in manufacturing test
-Telecom Engineers needing to learn more about RF

What to Expect:
90 minutes duration
Presentor:
Jeff Thomas who has worked in spectrum analyzer applications for 30 years with
Hewlett-Packard
Company and Agilent Technologies. He currently writes application and training material
for RF and
microwave test equipment at Agilent in Santa Rosa California. He is the author of two
books: Cable
Television Proof-of-Performance: a Practical Guide to Cable TV Compliance Measurements
Using a
Spectrum Analyzer (1995) and Digital Basics for Cable Television Systems (1999 with
Francis
Edgington).
Questions & Answers:
Terri Hightower, an Applications Engineer with Agilent Technologies in Schaumburg, IL, is
focused on
RF Communications in the cellular arena. Terri received her BSEE from Clemson University
in 1996
and a MSEE from Georgia Institute of Technology in 1998. She previously worked with
Motorola in VCO
design and development. She also interned with their TCXO group and Ceramic Technologies
Research Group. In her free time, Terri enjoys playing sports and watching movies.

--
http://we.home.agilent.com/cgi-bin/bvpub/agilent/editorial/cp_MiscEditorial.jsp?OID=536979422&NAV_ID=-11145.0.03&LANGUAGE_CODE=eng&COUNTRY_CODE=ZZ

    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/