Subject: [NEXTEL-1] VOIP and IP-based Inter-system Interfaces

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:51:37 -0500

------- Original Message --------
   From: "Hawkins, Dan" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  VOIP and IP-based Inter-system Interfaces

 Would anyone be willing to explain how P25 and VOIP play together, if at all?Are
Motorola's Astro 25 with its "Voice over a Packet network, based on VoIP" and MA/COM's
P25ip as "the first completely Internet Protocol (IP)-based conventional mobile radio
communications system" stretching the envelope of the P25 standard?  Are they simply
relying on IP transport from the Inter-systems Interface, backwards?I see TCP/IP spec'ed
at the host and network data interfaces; does that extend to the RF sub-system under
P25?Thanks in advance for your thoughts. --
Dan Hawkins

    State of Montana

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/