Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G News

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 01:44:03 -0500

Today’s 3G News

1) LG Showcase Latest Wireless Handsets 
2) 2.5G Wireless Music Trial in UK
3) NEC 3G WCDMA Base Station Takes Off
4) Lookwalk NTT DoCoMo Users Get Video Conferencing
5) O2 Germany Launch Colour Mobile Portal 
6) 3G TD-SCDMA Partnership Development in China
7) NTT DoCoMo to Present Keynote at Wireless Connections 2003 in Calgary
8) Cost Effective Chip Set Enabling Seamless 802.11 Wireless

See below for full details.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Provisioning for the Future starts today

Predicting future mobile services is impossible. But even without knowing what
the services will be, it's still possible today to deploy the systems and
processes required to support them and to provide a rapid return on investment.
Tertio Telecoms new Provident provisioning suite is designed to more effectively
manage the increasing complexity of mobile, data and content over 2.5 and 3G
networks.

Click here for more information: http://www.telco-tertio.com/news/article.php4?id=111
_________________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News Follows : 
__________________________________________________________________________________

1) LG Showcase Latest Wireless Handsets 

LG 1200: Communicate in style with this attractive clamshell handset, one of the smallest
and lightest in its class. Weighing in at less than 3.18 ounces, the 1200 packs a big
punch.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5056.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

2) 2.5G Wireless Music Trial in UK

The O2 music service will enable customers to select, retrieve and store the latest
chart hits via their GPRS-enabled mobile handset onto a specially designed
'digital music player' - and start listening in around 12 seconds.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5051.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

3) NEC 3G WCDMA Base Station Takes Off

NEC's Delivery Operation Centre (DOC) for third generation (3G) mobile W-CDMA radio base
stations (Node-B inset ) in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, established in October 2002, is
operating successfully.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5053.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

4) Lookwalk NTT DoCoMo Users Get Video Conferencing

NTT DoCoMo announced that the company will expand its M-stage Visual Net™ service to
include Personal Handyphone System (PHS) and landline phones that have teleconferencing
capabilities, starting March 24, 2003.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5054.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

5) O2 Germany Launch Colour Mobile Portal 

O2 Germany, leading provider of mobile communications services in Europe, officially
launching their implementation of ClixSmart Navigator at CeBIT in Hanover. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5058.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

6) 3G TD-SCDMA Partnership Development in China

Tektronix announced a new partnership agreement with Datang Mobile in China, to provide
test and measurement equipment for the development of Time Division -- Synchronous Code
Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA) networks and elements.
http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5060.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

7) NTT DoCoMo to Present Keynote at Wireless Connections 2003 in Calgary

Wireless Connections 2003, a gathering of key representatives from the global wireless
industry sponsored by KMPG LLP and Macleod Dixon LLP, is pleased to announce that leading
mobile communications company NTT DoCoMo Inc. of Japan will join the lineup of keynote
speakers

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5010.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

8) Cost Effective Chip Set Enabling Seamless 802.11 Wireless

The multimode chip set, which includes a single-chip, dual-band radio frequency (RF)
transceiver, delivers the industry's lowest bill of materials with half the number of
components of competitors' products. In addition, the chip set's die-size is a fraction of
competitors' 802.11b designs. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5038.htm
______________________________________________

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/