Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Named as the Official Wireless Provider of the Minnesota Wild

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:02:30 -0500

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030331/315067_2.html
--

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Search - Finance Home - Yahoo! - Help

Welcome,
marcel_rf1
[Sign
Out]

Money Manager
-
My Yahoo! View
-
Customize

Financial
News

Enter
symbol(s) BasicDayWatchPerformanceReal-time MktDetailedChartResearchOptionsOrder
Book
Symbol Lookup

Press Release

Source:
Nextel

Nextel Named as the Official Wireless Provider of the Minnesota Wild
Monday March 31, 9:19 am ET

MINNEAPOLIS & SAINT PAUL, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 31,
2003--Nextel Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL - News) today announced it has
become the "official wireless telecommunications provider" of National
Hockey League's (NHL) Minnesota Wild.

Under the multi-year agreement, Nextel is granted official and
exclusive status, premier external and internal facility signage
locations and premium real estate features to showcase Nextel's
wireless phones, services and technologies.

The relationship also provides product integration with the teams'
combined fan base by showcasing Nextel Direct Connect®, the powerful
long-range digital walkie-talkie feature. In addition, Nextel's
wireless phones and services will enable the teams' staff to
communicate with one another.

"We are excited to enter into a long-term relationship with
Nextel," said Brian Jore, vice president of information technology for
the Minnesota Wild. "We expect the enhanced communication capabilities
of Nextel products and services to greatly benefit our organization's
multi-facility environment."

"Nextel is thrilled to begin this relationship with the Minnesota
Wild," said Vito Centofanti, Nextel's district manager for Minnesota.
"Our exclusive partnership will help us gain further visibility among
key business decision-makers. In addition, it provides a great
opportunity to feature Nextel's differentiated products and services
in an interactive environment."

About Nextel

Nextel Communications, a Fortune 300 company based in Reston, Va.,
is a leading provider of fully integrated wireless communications
services and has built the largest guaranteed all-digital wireless
network in the country covering thousands of communities across the
United States. Nextel and Nextel Partners, Inc., currently serve 197
of the top 200 U.S. markets.

Through recent market launches, Nextel and Nextel Partners service
is available today in areas of the U.S. where approximately 240
million people live or work.

About Minnesota Wild

The Minnesota Wild plays in the Northwest Division of the NHL's
Western Conference and recently qualified for the 2003 Stanley Cup
Playoffs. The Wild is just the third expansion team since 1991 to
qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs in its third year.

Coming off one of the most successful inaugural seasons in League
history and following that up with solid improvement the second year,
Minnesota is building a close relationship with its fans both on and
off the ice. The Wild plays in the state-of-the-art Xcel Energy Center
located in downtown Saint Paul.

Contact:

Nextel
Arianne Venuso, 630/875-5105
[email-masked]
or
Minnesota Wild
Bill Robertson, 651/602-6022
[email-masked]

Source:
Nextel
Email this story
-
Set
a News
Alert
ADVERTISEMENT

Special Offers

·

Fast Tax Refund! File online with TurboTax® For the WebSM

·

SBC Yahoo! DSL $34.95/month for a year.

·

Fast, Easy, & FREE Tax Preparation!

·

Save up to $500* in commissions with CyberTrader.

·

Planning to Sell or Buy a Home this Spring?

·

SBC Yahoo! Dial - Get 1st month free.

·

Taste the Gevalia difference! Get a FREE coffeemaker & 2 mugs

·

Credit Card offers @ eCreditCards.com (U.S. Only)

·

Save up to $500* in commissions with CyberTrader.

·

LendingTree - Let Banks Compete for You!

Related
Quote

NXTL

13.65

+0.05

News

View Detailed Quote
Delayed 20 mins
Quote data provided by
Reuters

Related News Stories

·

[external] Stocks End Lower in Nervous Trading - at TheStreet.com (Fri Mar 28)

·

[external] Cloudy day for stocks; Lucent gains - at CBS MarketWatch (Fri Mar 28)

·

Motorola Owned 8% Stake In Nextel Commun As Of March 14 - Dow Jones Business News (Fri Mar 28)

·

[external] Forbes 500s Winners And Losers - at Forbes.com (Fri Mar 28)

More...

·

By
industry:
Computers, Networking, Sports, Telecom

Top Stories

·

Stocks Slump on Fears of Lengthy Conflict - Reuters (12:00 pm)

·

Midwest Business Slows Sharply in March - Reuters (10:35 am)

·

Kmart Cuts 15 Pct of Jobs at Headquarters - Reuters (11:49 am)

·

Bankruptcy Looms at American Airlines - Reuters (11:41 am)

More...

·

Most-emailed
articles

·

Most-viewed
articles

Finance Spotlight

·

Credit Reports
Find out your credit score instantly

·

MarketTracker
Live streaming quotes for $9.95/mo

Copyright © 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Ad Feedback
Copyright
©
2003 Business Wire. All rights reserved. All
the news releases provided by Business Wire are copyrighted.
Any forms of
copying other than an individual user's personal reference
without express
written permission is prohibited. Further distribution
of these materials
by posting, archiving in a public web site or database,
or redistribution
in a computer network is strictly forbidden.