Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GSM Use in U.S. to Triple by 2007, Study Projects

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 07:49:37 -0500

GSM Use in U.S. to Triple by 2007, Study Projects
A study from wireless market analysis firm EMC projects that though
Qualcomm's Code Division Multiple Access standard will still be the most used
in the U.S. in 2007, the Global System for Mobile standard will have made
significant gains. CDMA was used in 43 percent of cell phones in the U.S. at the
end of 2002, compared with GSM's 11 percent. By 2007, CDMA will power 44
percent of U.S. cell phones, compared with 33 percent using GSM, the study
said. (Source: CNET News.com)

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/