Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G News

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 04:44:01 -0500

Thursday 20th  March, 2003
the news service of http://www.3G.co.uk/
__________________________________________________________________________________
Today’s 3G News

1) Samples Of First Single-Chip 3G W-CDMA / UMTS RF Transceiver
2) Partnership for 2.5G GPRS Wireless Software
3) Personal Video Broadcast Applications Using 3GPP Solutions 
4) New 3G Wireless Channel Emulator
5) Performance Guarantee For 3G UMTS Load Testing
6) CRM and Billing Solution for TDMA Wireless Migration 
7) CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Demos on Multiple 3G Devices 
8) 3G Analyzer Updated

See below for full details.
__________________________________________________________________________________

FREE Tertio White Paper  -  "Provisioning for the Future"

Service provisioning touches every service delivered to every mobile subscriber.
Its role becomes even more important as data and content are introduced, and as
the rate of new service development increases. Provisioning has to be changed
more frequently, as more network elements are introduced, and the provisioning
processes become more complex. How are you provisioning for the future?

To find out more, get your FREE copy of Tertio's white paper "Provisioning for the Future" 

http://www.telco-tertio.com/products/downloads.php4
_________________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News Follows : 
__________________________________________________________________________________

1) Samples Of First Single-Chip 3G W-CDMA / UMTS RF Transceiver

Infineon has started sampling the first fully integrated single-chip W-CDMA/UMTS RF
transceiver for 3G applications. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5097.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

2) Partnership for 2.5G GPRS Wireless Software

PCTEL will provide Boingo with software modules for Windows and PocketPC platforms that
will allow users of Boingo's leading Wi-Fi access software to connect to so-called "2.5G"
data networks, in particular GPRS, 1XRTT (CDMA) and iDEN systems.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5095.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

3) Personal Video Broadcast Applications Using 3GPP Solutions 

Responding to the needs of mobile consumers and enterprise customers for value-added
mobilemedia services, EarthCam and PacketVideo today announced the availability of live
camera video services for today's hottest video-enabled telephones.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5094.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

4) New 3G Wireless Channel Emulator

This new instrument enables accurate performance qualification of current and
next-generation air interface technologies, including CDMA2000, 1xEV-DV, W-CDMA, and WLAN.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5093.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

5) Performance Guarantee For 3G UMTS Load Testing

The performance guaranteed DCT2000 Iub-CS Load Test System includes all of the hardware
and software needed to model a large number of connections across the Circuit Switch Iub
interface. A range of performance guarantees and system prices are available.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5087.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

6) CRM and Billing Solution for TDMA Wireless Migration 

Formula Telecom Solutions introduced its comprehensive billing and customer relationship
management (CRM) solution for mobile operators who are transitioning from TDMA to any
other cellular technologies. The solution incorporates integrated support for 2G, 2.5G and
3G environments.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5080.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

7) CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Demos on Multiple 3G Devices 

Leading CDMA2000 1xEV-DO infrastructure provider Airvana is showcasing live 3G
demonstrations on multiple devices including mobile phones, laptop computers and PDAs
during the annual CTIA Wireless 2003 in New Orleans.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5076.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

8) 3G Analyzer Updated

The debut of the enhanced MT8820A gives Anritsu a leading edge in high-speed call
processing test and transmission/reception measurement for 3G mobile terminals.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5072.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/