Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MPT 1327/1343 Trunking Decoder Package

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:31:33 -0500

MPT 1327/1343 Trunking Decoder Package
http://www.tbsa.com.au/trunk.html
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Last Updated 1st November 2002

Now Available In Australia an MPT 1327/1343 Trunking
Decoder Package that is affordable to the hobbyist listener, and now a
professional package for the MPT 1327/1343 System Engineer.

PTrunk the professional MPT 1327/1343 data analysis package is now available for immediate shipping from Australia
for details CLICK HERE

For a long time now, Scanner hobbyists have been under the impression that
a "Trunking System" meant the end of their listening pleasure. Many commercial
companies, individuals and government departments have now migrated onto these
Radio Trunking Networks to facilitate a greater communication capacity.

These trunking systems are typically made up of a "pool" of different
radio channels all of which are assigned on a random basis to make the most
efficient use of the available channels. By utilising this method monitoring
on a scanner can be a tedious problem and quite often you miss parts of the
conversation because you don't know what frequency to look on next. This
decoder will solve that problem and tell you what Channel the conversation
has gone on to.

MPT 1327 and MPT 1343 are two of the common use protocols in Australia and
around the world, and there is now available a Trunking Decoder device that
is available to help you work out exactly what these networks are doing.

This decoder DOES NOT decode the Motorola Proprietary Smartnet system.

The Victorian Government set up their own State Wide Radio Network in Late 1994
and today is operated on a commercial basis by "Telstra Corporation". This
network uses the MPT 1327/1343 protocol for its operation and a lot of time has
been put into customising the software for this very network. Information such
as some of the Site ID's display automatically which Base you are locked in on,
many of the User groups are already defined together with Mobile radio number
identification. The decoder will tell you which Channel the radios are currently
transmitting on and display the frequency to tune to allowing you to keep a
track of an entire conversation.

Who Uses The MPT 1327/1343 Trunking In Victoria, Australia?

Here is just a small sample of some of the users:-

Victoria Police (specialised departments only)

State Electricity Commission

Chubb Security - regional Victoria

Department Of Defence

Road Traffic Authority

Department Conservation & Natural Resources

Environment Protection Authority

Country Fire Authority Fire Command

Courier Companies

Transport Companies

Ambulance Transport Companies

Victorian Road Transport Authority - Vicroads

Telstra

Breakthrough Communications

And that is just a very small sample of the hundreds of different companies
utilising this network across Victoria.

For Australia there is now inbuilt Channel Plan support for the Telstra
Fleetscom Systems and the Victorian Communications 400 Mhz trunking system.
More systems will be added by the author as information relating to Australian
MPT 1327/1343 trunking systems becomes available.

The Telstra Fleetscom 400 Mhz Trunking system is also an extensive coverage
system with many thousands of individual users. Telstra VisionStream (the
people setting up Foxtel Cable TV) are extensive users of this system, as are
Radio Rentals, Taxi Companies, Courier Companies just to name a few.

The BISCOM VHF Trunking network running in Victoria, Across New South Wales
and Queensland is now also supported.

There is now also support for the Victorian Public Transport Corporation system
operating in the 400 mhz band also as well as the Radio Technologies system
which is marketed under the banner of Biscom which is the VHF High band.

If you want to listen to a MPT 1327/1343 Data Channel in Melbourne,
Australia then program up you favourite receiver to one of these channels

StateNet - Telstra

164.8750 mhz 101 Collins Street

165.0000 mhz Kinglake

165.0125 mhz Ferny Creek

165.1750 mhz Mt Macedon

Biscom - Radio Technologies

166.7500 mhz 600 Bourke Street

Public Transport Corporation

414.5000 mhz Site ID 266

414.7000 mhz Site ID 286

Fleetscom - Telstra

416.2000 mhz 101 Collins Street

416.1125 mhz Kinglake

416.3375 mhz Ferny Creek

Victoria Communications

416.3125 mhz Mt Gisbourne Site ID 97

417.4375 mhz Kinglake Site ID 33

417.8000 mhz 500 Bourke Street Site ID 65

What Is Needed To Monitor This ?

The package consists of a Windows based piece of software, a decoder
box which plugs into the Audio output of your scanner and the relevant cabling
and power supply. You simply tune your scanner to locate the Audio of one
of the control channels and away you go. To monitor the audio from the channels
a 2nd scanner receiver is required. On your PC you need to be running either
Microsoft Windows 95,98,ME,2000 or XP and have Com Ports 1,2,3 or
4 available for the serial data output from the decoder box.

The decoder is NOT a simple audio circuit decoder. It is
has a dedicated Microprocessor controlling the modem functions and translating
it into RS232 language.

The decoder takes the audio from your scanner receivers
audio output and it stays locked onto the Control Channel. This uses your
Headphone output and not the discriminator output.

A 2nd scanner is required if you wish to tune
in at the same time to listen to the conversations taking place on the channel that the software tells you to change to.

CLICK HERE to take a look inside the MSK Modem
that is required for this package.

Exciting Features - tracking conversations

NOW Available - support for WinRadio receivers

The FTrunk software now supports Trunk Unit Tacking on the following scanners ..

AOR

Icom

OptoElectronics

Uniden

WinRadio

3000

PCR100

Optocom

BC780XLT

WinRadio

3000A

PCR1000

5000

R10

8200

R7000

8600

R7100

R8500

R9000

The software will reaction tune to the approriate frequency (If supported in
the software version) and allow you to hear the conversation taking place instantly .
What this means is that you can program the software to track a particular Prefix
Group or an Individual mobile ID within a Prefix Group and with the tracking enabled
you can hear each and every call that goes out from that particular base station.

The software has configuration options to allow you to stop on a particular
call before continuing on to allow you not to miss those important bits of
information.

If you have one of the tracking scanners supported by FTrunk and have a soundcard
in your PC then FTrunk has the ability to record trunked conversations on your
hard drive as wav files for later listening. It can be be configured to allow the
user to record all conversations or just those from selected radios. This is a
great way of identifying unknown radio users on a trunked system.

If you wish to monitor the Victorian SMR Network you will need to use receivers
that are capable of 12.5khz spacing in the VHF High band. Not all scanners will
be capable of doing this, so check first.

If you wish to monitor another Network rather than the supported ones then
software can cope with that with the click on the approriate window and you
can then monitor the raw control channel data from there. Under this system
the Software will display Only the Go To Channel Number and NOT the frequency to go
to.

As more information becomes available about other MPT 1327/1343 Networks
that are running across Australia, the author will make the necessary changes
to the software to accomodate the new information. This software will be
available via FTP on the Internet. This software and hardware has been developed
in the U.K by Ian Wraith. The modem hardware unit is being assembled in Australia.

MPT 1327/1343 as with many other trunking systems is capable
of making and receiving Telephone calls via the network. Under the Radio
Communications Act it is illegal to monitor any such transmissions made to
or from the Telephone Network in Australia. You will need to check your own
Countries rules & regulations regarding this for other parts of the World.
It may also be an offence to use this package for commercial purposes, again
you will need to check your own rules & regulations before using this
package for commercial purposes.

What Does It All Cost ?

The complete package consists of the windows based software, the decoder box,
the audio cable to go to your scanner, the data cable to go to your PC and
the power supply cable (requires a 12vdc power source not included).

Australian Residents Price

$381.70 Australian Dollars inclusive of GST plus $22.00 postage and handling
inclusive of GST

International Orders (Outside Of Australia)

Because exports from Australia are free of the Australian government 10% GST your price is slightly reduced.

$347.00 Australian Dollars plus $45.00 postage and handling. All orders are sent via Australia Post Airmail and Fully Insured.

Available In Australia Now. Place your order now to avoid
initial delays due to high demand.

Payment can be made by Cheque or Bankcard/Visa/Mastercard

Send To:-

Talkback Systems Australia

PO Box 8054

Northland Centre

Victoria 3072

Allow up to 14 days for delivery as demand is high for this package.

Dealer Enquiries Are Also Welcome For This Impressive Package.

Email For Any Questions:
To send an email for any questions
that you may have on this exciting new product that helps unravel the Trunking
Monitoring World, click on the area below to send an Email request
MPT1327 Enquiry Line

---

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:23:49 -0600

Uh, oh. Someone said "ftrunk". I'm expecting Ian Wraith to pop up on 
this list any moment now ... ;^D
-rick

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:43:29 -0500

He's around here somewhere.......

I have heard so many people complain that MPT 1327/1343 is Mis-understood. I thought I
would open the door (once again) for a lively debate.

---

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:35:44 -0600

>He's around here somewhere.......
Well, its roughly noon aussie time right now ... maybe he'll check his 
email during lunch.
-rick