Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC - 03/14/2003

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:30:58 -0500

FCC IMPLEMENTS NEW ELECTRONIC FILING CAPABILITY.   The expanded electronic filing
capabilities will make it easier for multichannel video programming distributors (MVPDs)
to submit applications, reports, and other documents.  News Release. Adopted:  03/13/2003.
News Media Contact: Michelle Russo 202-418-2358  MB. Contact Michael Lance 202-418-7200
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232109A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232109A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232109A1.txt> 

 FCC BEGINS INQUIRY REGARDING INTERFERENCE IMMUNITY PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS FOR
RECEIVERS.   As part of its ongoing effort to promote efficient use of spectrum, the FCC
asked for public comment on the possibility of incorporating receiver interference
immunity performance specifications.  News Release. (Dkt No 03-65). Adopted:  03/13/2003.
News Media Contact: Lauren Van Wazer 202-418-0030  OET. Contact Hugh L. Van Tuyl
202-418-7506 <http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A2.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A3.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A4.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A5.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A6.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A2.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A3.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A4.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A5.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A6.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A1.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A2.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A3.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A4.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A5.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232115A6.txt> 

 FCC INITIATES PROCEEDING TO FACILITATE WIRELESS BROADBAND ACCESS IN THE 2500-2690 MHZ
BANDS.   The FCC opened a proceeding designed to facilitate the provision of fixed and
mobile broadband access, educational and other advanced wireless services in the 2500-2690
MHz bands..  News Release. Adopted:  03/13/2003. (FCC No. 03-56). News Media Contact:
Meribeth McCarrick at (202) 418-0654  WTB. Contact Nancy Zaczek or Charles Oliver at (202)
418-0680 <http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232107A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232107A2.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232107A3.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232107A4.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232107A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232107A2.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232107A3.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232107A4.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232107A1.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232107A2.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232107A3.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232107A4.txt> 
 						* * * * *

 FCC CALENDAR OF EVENTS.  News Release. News Media Contact: Sharon Hurd at (202) 418-0504 
OMR <http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232177A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232177A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232177A1.txt> 

 Released:  03/14/2003.  THE NEW MDS/ITFS LICENSE SEARCH INTERFACE WILL BE DEPLOYED MARCH
17, 2003. (DA No.  03-792).  WTB. Contact:  (202) 418-0680
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-792A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-792A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-792A1.txt> 

 Released:  03/14/2003.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU ESTABLISHES A NEW DOCKET FOR
THE FILING OF E911 RICHARDSON CERTIFICATIONS BY WIRELESS CARRIERS. (DA No.  03-797).  WTB.
Contact:  (202) 418-1310
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-797A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-797A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-797A1.txt> 

 Released:  03/14/2003.  WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU GRANTS LOWER 700 MHZ BAND
LICENSES AUCTION EVENT NO. 44. (DA No.  03-788).  WTB. Contact:  Meribeth McCarrick at
(202) 418-0654 or Amal Abdallah or Evan Baranoff at (202) 418-0620
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-788A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-788A3.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-788A4.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-788A5.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-788A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-788A2.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-788A3.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-788A4.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-788A5.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-788A1.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-788A3.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-788A4.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-788A5.txt> 

Report No: AUC-40 Released:  03/14/2003.  ERRATUM TO WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUREAU
ANNOUNCES IT IS PREPARED TO GRANT  UPPER AND LOWER PAGING BAND LICENSES UPON FULL AND
TIMELY PAYMENT AUCTION EVENT NO. 40.  WTB. Contact:  Amal Abdallah at (202) 418-7307
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232156A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232156A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-232156A1.txt> 

 Released:  03/14/2003.  COMMENTS INVITED ON REGION 20 (WASHINGTON, MARYLAND AND NORTHERN
VIRGINIA) 821 MHZ (NPSPAC) REGIONAL PLANNING COMMITTEE PROPOSED PUBLIC SAFETY PLAN
AMENDMENT. (DA No.  03-753). (Dkt No 90-7). Comments Due:  04/14/2003. Reply Comments
Due:  04/29/2003.  WTB. Contact:  Jeannie Benfaida at (202) 418-0694, email:
[email-masked], TTY: (202) 418-7233
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-753A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-753A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-753A1.txt> 

 IN THE MATTER OF EXTENDING WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS SERVICES TO TRIBAL LANDS.  
Clarified rules to provide incentives for wireless telecommunications carriers to serve
individuals living on tribal lands.  Extend period bidders can negotiate with the tribes. 
2ndR&O and 2ndFNPRM. (Dkt No.  99-266). Action by:  the Commission. Adopted:  03/07/2003
by R&O. (FCC No. 03-51).  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-51A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-51A2.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-51A3.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-51A4.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-51A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-51A2.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-51A3.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-51A4.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-51A1.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-51A2.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-51A3.txt> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-51A4.txt> 

 THOMAS K. KURIAN.   Denied Nextel's Petition for Reconsideration that rescinded the
renewal  of Station WNXN838.  Granted in Part Petitions for Reconsideration filed by
Nextel, which requests we set aside the modification of license, and grant of  fixed based
station. Action by:  Chief, Policy and Rules Branch, Commercial Wireless Division.
Adopted:  03/13/2003 by MO&O. (DA No. 03-783).  WTB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-783A1.doc> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-783A1.pdf> 
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-783A1.txt>

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/