Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Announces Implementation of220MHz System with Hoosier Energy

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 21:01:31 -0500

Announces Implementation of220MHz System with Hoosier Energy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

February 13, 2003

Bizcom U.S.A., Inc. ("Bizcom") today announced that it has shipped
the first and second phases of a three-phase 220MHz radio system
to be installed throughout southern Indiana for Hoosier Energy's
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system. The new
radio is designed to interface with the power supplier's SCADA
system to help regulate and control high voltage switches and
power substation devices.

The SCADA system allows the cooperative to monitor and control
power switches and substation devices from a central location
without having to dispatch crews into the field, resulting in
increased operating efficiency. The radio system, when completed,
will provide a critical element in managing Hoosier Energy's power
production and delivery network.

"Bizcom is providing Hoosier Energy with a reliable, low cost data
solution that will allow their technical managers to take
advantage of the many benefits of a 220MHz radio system, which
means improved power management and costs savings for their
customers," said David George, COO and President of Bizcom's
wireless division. "This successful radio application is fresh
evidence of the effectiveness of 220MHz narrow-band data
communications services technology and its exciting potential in
the utility market and in a wide range of important commercial
applications."

"The 5 KHz, narrow-band radio equipment supplied by Bizcom has the
ability to reliably carry data communications. We are pleased with
the results we have obtained using Bizcom's 220 MHz products to
carry our SCADA communications and are excited about our future
use of 220 MHz to carry Hoosier Energy's Automated Meter Reading
(AMR) data," said Chris Ware, Hoosier Energy's Communications
Engineer. "Using Bizcom's radio equipment has allowed us to have
multiple base stations for data/voice communications on one
antenna system by using an antenna combining system. This has
provided for the expansion of our 220 MHz system for voice and
other applications while minimizing the loading on our towers."

Hoosier Energy is a generation and transmission cooperative
providing wholesale electric power and services to 16 member
electric distribution cooperatives in 48 central and southern
Indiana counties. With headquarters in Bloomington, Indiana,
Hoosier Energy operates two coal-fired electric power production
facilities - the 1,016 megawatt Merom Generating Station and the
250 megawatt Ratts Generating Station. Power is delivered over a
system of more than 1,400 miles of transmission lines, 14 primary
substations and more than 200 distribution substations and
delivery points.

For general corporate information, contact: For trade press
information, contact:

Michael Sullivan
954.714.0028
[email-masked]

Tom Mason
800.480.8418
[email-masked]

http://www.bizcomusa.net/press.html#pr4

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/