Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Huge FCC News - 866 Mhz

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:55:28 EST

With all due respect, we had already gotten identical waivers for the City of 
Aventura, Florida (and one other city, I can't remember who) about two years 
ago, so this isn't anything new.

Alan T.

In a message dated 3/13/2003 11:26:34 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> -------- Original Message --------
> From: [email-masked]
> Subject: Huge FCC News - 866 Mhz
> 
> 
> With the swipe of the pen, the FCC has doubled the number of channels
> available at 866-869 Mhz.
> 
> STATE OF FLORIDA.  Granted Requests for Waiver of the Commission's
> Rules to Permit Licensing of Stations in 800 MHz Public Safety Category
> on Non-Standard Channel Centers. Action by: Chief, Public Safety and
> Private Wireless Division, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau. Adopted:
> 03/07/2003 by MO&O. (DA No. 03-752). WTB
>

---

From: "hithel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:01:33 -0000

> ago, so this isn't anything new.

I guess that I misunderstood some earlier communications. I did not know that the FCC had approved your earlier waiver in SE Florida, versus this new waiver in SW Florida. Apparently with "2 swipes of the pen" the FCC has opened the 866 Mhz band wide open. I wonder if we will see a explosion of licensing in the 866 band for Public Safety? Peter S

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Don Root <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:45:25 -0800

hithel wrote:
> I guess that I misunderstood some earlier communications. I did not know 
 >that the FCC had approved your earlier waiver in SE Florida, versus this
 >new waiver in SW Florida. Apparently with "2 swipes of the pen" the FCC
 >has opened the 866 Mhz band wide open.

Not true, Peter.  The waivers are for the <866 portion of the band, 
which is NOT set up on 12.5 kHz channels (except offsets in the border 
regions).

The 866-869 spectrum is laid out already on 12.5 kHz centers, and subject
to regional planning.  So there is no "open land grab opportunity" to be had
here.

Don

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 03:19:11 -0800

And don't forget San Bernardino County CA, bigger than Rhode island.
==============================================

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> With all due respect, we had already gotten identical waivers for the
> City of Aventura, Florida (and one other city, I can't remember who)
> about two years ago, so this isn't anything new.
> 
> Alan T.
> 
>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>                        ADVERTISEMENT
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->