Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Homeland Security: Service Continuity and Disaster Recovery

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 00:11:28 -0500

From The FCC-

Homeland Security: Service Continuity and Disaster Recovery

Top Agenda for Upcoming National Reliability and Interoperability Council Meeting

March 14, 2003

Washington, DC. - Senior representatives from the telecommunications, cable, Internet and
satellite industries will consider next week a series of comprehensive recommendations to
facilitate service continuity and disaster recovery in the event of an attack of the
nation's communications infrastructure. The proposals will be presented at the Network
Reliability and Interoperability Council (NRIC) VI quarterly meeting Friday, March 14,
2003.  FCC Chairman Michael K. Powell and Richard C. Notebaert, NRIC Chairman and Chairman
and CEO of Qwest Communications, will chair the meeting which will run from 10:00 a.m. -
1:00 p.m. at the Federal Communications Commission, in the Commission Meeting Room at 445
12th Street, S.W., Washington, D.C.

Chairman Powell chartered NRIC VI January 7, 2002 to focus on homeland security by
ensuring the security and sustainability of public telecommunications networks in the
event of a terrorist attack or national disaster. Membership in NRIC was significantly
expanded through NRIC VI to include corporate representatives from the cable, wireless,
satellite and ISP industries. It also established four new working groups to address
homeland security: Physical Security, Cyber Security, Disaster Recovery and Public
Safety.  Members of the general public may attend the meeting. Real audio and streaming
video access to the meeting will be available at http://www.fcc.gov. The public may submit
written comments before the meeting to Jeffery Goldthorp, the Commissions' Designated
Federal Officer for the Network Reliability and Interoperability Council
([email-masked]).

-- 
  		"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
		Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

		"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

		"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
 	   The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/