Subject: [NEXTEL-1] APCO President Thera Bradshaw Resigns

From: "Rik Rasmussen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:07:16 -0500

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 8:49 AM
Subject: President Thera Bradshaw Resigns

The APCO International Board of Officers has accepted the resignation of
President Thera Bradshaw due to the ever increasing demands of her
position
as well as other personal reasons.

It is with much sadness and regret that the Board of Officers and APCO
International make this announcement.  Thera Bradshaw has dedicated 29
years working to improve public safety communications at a local, state
and
national level.  Her dedication and passionate spirit will be greatly
missed.

As all of you know, Thera has heavily contributed to the activities of
this
Association for many years, including outstanding work as liaison to the
APCO Institute Advisory Committee, Reengineering Corporate Advisory Task
Force, APCO AFC and Project LOCATE.  Prior to leading our association at
the international level, Thera served as President of APCO's Oregon
Chapter
for two terms and chaired several of its committees as well.

Thera's commitment and dedication have helped place APCO at the
forefront
of public safety communications issues.  Her Presidency began at the
biggest Annual Conference and Exposition APCO has experienced.  She was
a
key player in the launching of the Public Safety Foundation of America
and
the Congressional E9-1-1 Caucus.  She has assisted in making APCO's
presence well known in the legislative and regulatory arenas.  These
accomplishments are only a small part in the great strides Thera has
helped
APCO to achieve.

President-Elect Vincent Stile will succeed Bradshaw and will become
acting
President of the Association. 

"President Bradshaw has exemplified unparalleled leadership.  She has
been
monumental in helping this Association and the public safety
communications
community achieve the successes it has over the years," Stile said.
"The
sacrifices she has made and the actions she took will have a positive
effect on this organization for many years to come.  The Board of
Officers
and APCO staff wish Thera the best in her future endeavors."

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/