Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: A Lighter Moment-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 22:16:11 EST

In a message dated 3/26/2003 9:33:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Did you ever hear about the IL legislator who entered a bill into the 
> state government for consideration that would have redefined PI from 
> 3.14159... to 3.000 because "...it was easier to work with..."?  I am 
> assured it's a true story...
> 
> Dave Maples
> 

Hey, if you can get some kind of actual record of this, I'd appreciate it.  
My wife is a math teacher, and she has about a dozen Pi shirts (Cow Pi, Pizza 
Pi, Chocolate Pi, you name it).  I'd love to give her this one!

Alan

---

From: Dan Veeneman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:58:25 -0500

At 10:16 PM 3/26/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey, if you can get some kind of actual record of this, I'd appreciate 
>it.  My wife is a math teacher, and she has about a dozen Pi shirts (Cow 
>Pi, Pizza Pi, Chocolate Pi, you name it).  I'd love to give her this one!

For these types of "Urban Legend" issues, a great place to go
is www.snopes.com.  This particular issue is addressed at
http://www.snopes.com/religion/pi.htm

Cheers,

Dan
www.decodesystems.com/wanted.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/