Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Actix IVS Software Enables Wireless Operators to Enhance Quality of CDMA2000 1X Networks and Services Without Conducting Drive Tests

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:24:52 -0500

Nice if it works..........
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Actix IVS Software Enables Wireless Operators to Enhance Quality of CDMA2000 1X Networks
and Services Without Conducting Drive Tests

March 17, 2003 10:56am

CTIA's Wireless 2003 Booth #2121 NEW ORLEANS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 17, 2003-- New
Software
First to Provide Insight into How Both Wireless and IP-Based Connections Affect Services;
Enables
Operators to Troubleshoot Problems, Improve Quality with Significant Cost Savings

Actix, the global provider of wireless network
and service performance software, today
launched its IVS software for 3G cdma2000 1X,
a new desktop-based performance
management solution.

The software enables wireless code division
multiple access (CDMA) operators to tap into
never-before-accessible network data to
improve the quality of their wireless data
services - without having to conduct expensive
and time-consuming drive tests.

Actix's IVS software enables operators to take
network testing out of the field and move it to
the desktop. It gives wireless operators the
unprecedented ability to trace performance
data associated with an individual mobile
device across the entire network, from the air
interface to the core network.

This will be particularly important for operators as data traffic on wireless networks
continues to increase
due to the launch of new services such as multimedia messaging service (MMS), gaming and
business
enterprise applications.

This new software from Actix is the first of its kind to enable CDMA wireless operators to
tap into the link
between the radio interface and the packet data switch node (PDSN).

This dataset is a particularly rich source of user traffic and signaling, allowing
operators to examine
throughput and quality statistics that are not available from call and packet detail
records, peg counters,
and other standard network data. With these new metrics, operators can solve more detailed
network
performance problems by drilling further into the lower level signaling or protocol data.

In addition, operators can synchronize core network measurements with over-the air drive
tests and call
trace measurements to gain an end-to-end view of network performance.

For instance, if a subscriber is experiencing slow download speeds on his or her wireless
data device, that
problem could be caused by the radio link, which might have experienced difficulty setting
up the
connection, or by the IP portion of the network, which could be experiencing network
congestion due to
heavy Internet usage.

Using Actix's software, wireless operators can tap into live customer data to quickly
determine which
portion of the network is causing the problem and fix it.

The ability to identify core network, subscriber, handset and Internet destination
specific problems is
particularly critical for operators entering into contracts with large enterprise
customers to ensure quality
service level agreements (SLAs) are being met.

"Actix's new software unlocks the little black box for CDMA wireless operators and lets
them see inside to
monitor service quality from the subscriber's perspective," said Rob Dobson, CEO of Actix.
"This is
particularly important as wireless data traffic increases and stretches the current
capabilities of the wireless
network. Savvy wireless operators are implementing management tools that sit on top of
their 1X networks
and enable them to maintain optimal service quality for each individual subscriber - no
matter how loaded
the networks become."

In addition to reducing costs by eliminating the need for manual drive testing, Actix's
IVS software reduces
the required skill set for wireless engineers, whose knowledge is being stretched to the
limit as they
struggle to optimize both wireless links and IP connections.

The software also enables wireless operators to fix networks more quickly by clearly
understanding the
connection between the operation of various network elements and the quality of each
individual service that
is delivered to the subscriber.

The software has already been purchased by a leading U.S. CDMA carrier and is being used
to enhance the
delivery of 1X data services.

About Actix: A privately held company founded in 1991, Actix has established an
international reputation for
developing market-leading network performance software that enables wireless carriers to
optimize network
and service performance and to better interpret customer behavior, regardless of
technology or vendor, using
"essential intelligence" from the network.

Actix has offices and end users in the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, Asia Pacific and
the United
States. More than 3,000 engineers from more than 130 leading global operators in 20
countries - including
Verizon, Sprint, Nextel, T-Mobile, Orange and Vodafone - depend upon Actix everyday to
improve their
wireless operations. For more information, see www.actix.com.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/