Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Mobliss delivers TV voting to US

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 10:58:01 -0500

Mobliss delivers TV voting to US

14 March 2003 -- PMN -- Wireless media agency Mobliss is providing
what it claims to be the first cross-carrier SMS voting service for viewers
of the 'Nashville Star' programme. Viewers across the US will be able to
vote for the next country music sensation using a single SMS shortcode
across 7 different networks.

The application covers AT&T Wireless, Cingular Wireless, Alltel, Nextel
Communications, T-Mobile, Western Wireless and Cellular South.
Mobliss has worked with wireless consultancy Cusp and infrastructure
provider LogicaCMG to develop the service.

"For the first time, seven major wireless carriers have agreed to utilise
a common short code across all of their networks," said Brian Levin,
president of Mobliss. "Voting through text messaging encourages
audience interaction. Home viewers can feel a sense of immediacy and
excitement because now wireless technology is enabling them to vote
for their favorite contestant right from their mobile phones."

"Our goal is to reach as many viewers as possible," says Ben
Silverman, CEO of Reveille. "Including voting via text messaging
through seven of the nation's leading wireless carriers ensures that
even before a winner is chosen, 'Nashville Star' is making television
history."

http://www.pmn.co.uk/20030314mobliss.shtml
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/