Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 20:31:28 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, March 13, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Skyworks Expands Family Of Complete Cellular System Solutions For GSM/GPRS Mobile
Terminals
2) New 600 F MLC Optimizes Performance in High RF/Microwave Power Applications
3) Analog Devices Extends Award-Winning Othello Family with New Quad-Band
Direct-Conversion GSM/GPRS Transceiver
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Skyworks Expands Family Of Complete Cellular System Solutions For GSM/GPRS Mobile
Terminals
 
WOBURN, Mass., March 13, 2003 -- Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq: SWKS), the industry's
leading wireless semiconductor company focused on radio frequency (RF) and complete
cellular system solutions for mobile communications applications, has expanded its family
of GSM/GPRS cellular system solutions to increase customer options for reducing the cost
and time-to-market for building quad-band handsets...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17512/793725
 
2) New 600 F MLC Optimizes Performance in High RF/Microwave Power Applications
 
Huntington Station, New York -- American Technical Ceramics Corp., a leader in component
and custom integrated packaging solutions for RF, microwave and telecommunications,
announces the introduction of the 600F capacitor. This 0805 NPO multilayer capacitor,
developed with nearly 40 years of expertise in RF and microwave technologies, utilizes a
new proprietary dielectric formulation and an enhanced...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17513/793725
 
3) Analog Devices Extends Award-Winning Othello Family with New Quad-Band
Direct-Conversion GSM/GPRS Transceiver
 
NORWOOD, Mass.-- March 11, 2003 -- Analog Devices, Inc. (NYSE: ADI), a global leader in
high-performance semiconductors for signal processing applications, today announced the
newest member of its award-winning Othello(R) family of direct-conversion radios. The
OthelloOne TV(TM) (AD6539) includes all the features of previous Othello transceivers with
the added benefit of on-chip VCOs...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17514/793725

----------------------------- 
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
-----------------------------  
 
MITEQ, Inc. has contributed a new product datasheet to the Wireless Design Online download
library. MITEQ's AFSX Series is a series of coaxial in-line amplifiers in either the
entire 0.1-20 GHz range or optimized in octave and multioctave bands. Click on the link
below to download the datasheet.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17522/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Voltaire XL Nonlinear Circuit Simulator
2) Dual Output Low Noise Synthesizer with 30 microseconds Switching Speed
3) BCAP0008 Ultracapacitors
4) LCD Modules 
5) ICS-564
6) Transmitter Combiners for Base Station Systems
7) Quartz Crystal Filter
8) NPN SiGe High Frequency Transistor 
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Voltaire XL Nonlinear Circuit Simulator
 
Voltaire XL is an advanced linear and nonlinear circuit simulator featuring
harmonic-balance and Volterra series simulation engines. Voltaire XL was developed and
optimized for Windows 98/Me and NT4/2000/XP based computers so it is extremely efficient
and easy-to-use....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17515/793725
 
2) Dual Output Low Noise Synthesizer with 30 microseconds Switching Speed
 
Elcom's series DFSSB synthesizer offers switching speeds of 30 microseconds. The small
ruggedized package (4.00" x 3.75" x 1.20") is excellent for SATCOM, Wireless Communication
and Military applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17516/793725
 
3) BCAP0008 Ultracapacitors
 
With a capacitance of 1800 farads at 2.5 volts, and in a cylindrical 50 x 172 mm package,
Maxwell's BCAP0008 ultracapacitor is ideal for automotive subsystems, medical devices,
UPS/backup power, and many other applications requiring a pulse of energy that cannot be
efficiently provided by a battery or power supply alone....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17517/793725
 
4) LCD Modules 
 
Excel Technology is a high technology company specialized in the production and supply of
LCD and LCM modules. The Company provides designing and prototyping capability to
facilitate customization solutions of products: TN, STN, HTN, and FSTN displays....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17518/793725
 
5) ICS-564
 
The ICS-564 is a four channel, 14-bit, 200 MHz/ch., Digital-to-Analog converter module in
a PMC Mezzanine Card (PMC) format. A digital modulator is integrated with each of the four
converters, making the product capable of providing quadrature up-conversion for transmit
application in broadband wireless systems....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17519/793725
 
6) Transmitter Combiners for Base Station Systems
 
Renaissance Electronics has a series of transmitter combiners ranging from combinations of
2-ways, 3-ways, and 4-way combiners. A typical application would be a configuration with
dual 4:1 combiners in a single 2U configuration....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17520/793725
 
7) Quartz Crystal Filter
 
Corning's Crystal Filter is an electric wave filter employing piezo-electric crystals for
its reactive elements. In general, filters can be provided in a number of differing
topologies, including bandpass, band reject or notch, low pass, and high pass....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17521/793725
 
8) NPN SiGe High Frequency Transistor 
 
The NESG2030M04 is fabricated using NEC's state-of-the-art SiGe, wafer process. With a
typical transition frequency of 60 GHz the NESG2030M04 is usable in applications from 100
MHz to over 10 GHz. Maximum DC current input of 35 mA provides a device with a usable
current range of 250 uA to 25 mA....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17523/793725

-------------------------------------------------
WIRELESS DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT SUBSCRIPTION
-------------------------------------------------
 
The monthly magazine of new products, systems, and equipment for engineers, designers and
managers whose work involves commercial microwave and RF development. Your 12-month
subscription brings you the latest information on the tools you need to advance your work.
Your subscription also includes the annual Buyers' Guide edition, published in July, which
will allow you to quickly and easily locate key suppliers of products and equipment for
your work. Visit the link below to get your complementary subscription.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17524/793725

-------------------------------------
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
-------------------------------------
 
Six SIGMA Training
 
White Belt (Six Sigma Awareness) training will provide participants with the basic
knowledge of Six Sigma. This four hour workshop will answer the following questions: What
is Six Sigma? Why are companies deploying Six Sigma? How are companies deploying Six
Sigma? How does a company get started? Register today!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17525/793725
 
Network+ Certification Bundle 
 
This bundle contains the following 5 courses: 
 
- Fundamentals of Networking
- OSI Network Layers
- TCP/IP Protocol
- Accessing Remote Networks
- Implementing Networks 
 
This curriculum will prepare you for the Comptia's Network+ Certification exam.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17526/793725

-------------------------------------
INDUSTRY EVENTS
-------------------------------------
 
WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions, including
profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and capacity, prepaid
services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage you to visit IIR Telecoms
and technology's web site for a complete listing of upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17527/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
DVD Rentals with No Late Fees - Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/abvVKB/pEZFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/