Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:02:00 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, March 20, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Aeroflex Announces New 3 GHz Spectrum Analyzer for Under $7,000
2) Application Note: Performance Benefits of UTSi CMOS RF Switch Technology Compared to
GaAs Based RF Switches
3) Motorola Introduces Next-Generation Cellular Base Station RF Technology 
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Aeroflex Announces New 3 GHz Spectrum Analyzer for Under $7,000
 
Wichita, Kan. -- Aeroflex's subsidiary IFR announced a new spectrum analyzer that balances
affordability and high performance in a portable size. Designed for wireless
infrastructure and production testing, the 2397 will also be used for satellite telephones
and ground stations, television broadcast and cable television field-testing...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18726/793725
 
2) Application Note: Performance Benefits of UTSi CMOS RF Switch Technology Compared to
GaAs Based RF Switches
 
Switches in RF systems are as common as amplifiers, mixers, and PLLs. While there are many
processes that can be used to implement amplifier, mixer, and PLL functions, only a few
processes support good RF switches. The RF switch market has typically been dominated by
GaAs processes. GaAs has dominated the switch market because it offered low On
resistances, low Off capacitances, and high linearity...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18727/793725
 
3) Motorola Introduces Next-Generation Cellular Base Station RF Technology 
 
NEW ORLEANS -- Motorola, Inc. is introducing its sixth generation of RF power transistor
technology for GSM, EDGE, CDMA and W-CDMA base station amplifiers at CTIA WIRELESS 2003.
Motorola offers equipment designers in the digital network arena a vital portfolio of high
power RF LDMOS transistors to help develop low cost, highly efficient cellular base
stations for voice, data and video transmissions....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18728/793725

---------------------------------- 
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
----------------------------------
 
Today's featured download is a new product datasheet from Elcom Technologies, Inc. This
datasheet gives you all the specs, diagrams, and other info on Elcom's UFS Series
Frequency Synthesizers, which are based on direct-analog techniques (arithmetic operations
on main and analog frequencies) combined with direct digital synthesis (DDS) for fine step
resolution. Visit the link below to download the UFS Series datasheet in pdf format.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18736/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) BlueChip Monitor/Control Device 
2) Common Band Devices
3) MTRJ Patch Cord
4) Product Design and Development 
5) Frequency Doubler
6) Low-Loss SP5T Switch for GSM Dual-Band Handsets
7) RMDA20240 20-42 GHz Amplifier
8) Rad Hard Prescaler
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) BlueChip Monitor/Control Device 
 
The BlueChip makes remote field-installed equipment 'come alive'. It virtually eliminates
costly on-site human intervention by allowing you or your host computer to remotely
monitor and control any alarm or "On/Off" device....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18729/793725
 
2) Common Band Devices
 
Specifications:
- Isolation: 22 dB min 
- Insertion Loss: 0.30 dB max 
- VSWR: 1.20 : 1 max 
- Load Rating: 1 Watt std 
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18730/793725
 
3) MTRJ Patch Cord
 
Features:
- Small and high density conform to SFF
- Very easy to connect or disconnect
- Low insertion loss
- Simple and cheap in cost
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18731/793725
 
4) Product Design and Development 
 
HSD is a full service product design and development firm. We specialize in Design
Strategy, Product Branding, User Research, Industrial Design, GUI design, Mechanical
Design and Rapid Prototyping. By integrating customers' needs and our clients'
capabilities, we develop products that create a competitive advantage....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18737/793725
 
5) Frequency Doubler
 
Aethercomm P/N 10020-001 is an X to K Band Frequency Doubler. This frequency multiplier
has an input frequency range of 8.8 to 9.6 GHz and an output frequency range of 17.6 to
19.2 GHz. The input power level is variable from +5 dBm to +14 dBm. Output power level is
+12 dBm typical at each of the output ports....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18732/793725
 
6) Low-Loss SP5T Switch for GSM Dual-Band Handsets
 
The AS195-306 is designed for applications where low loss and low current are critical
parameters. Transmit/receive operation requires only 3V. With an IP3 of 55dBm and second
and third harmonics of 65 dBc, the AS195-306 can extend handset battery life by lowering
control voltages....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18733/793725
 
7) RMDA20240 20-42 GHz Amplifier
 
The RMDA20420 is a broadband general purpose driver amplifier designed for use in point to
point radio, point to multi-point communications, LMDS, SatCom and other millimeter wave
applications. The RMDA20420 is a fully matched GaAs MMIC utilizing Raytheon's advanced
0.15um gate length PHEMT process....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18734/793725
 
8) Rad Hard Prescaler
 
The PE9301 is a space-qualified Prescaler (Divide By 2) integrated circuit. The product is
a high performance monolithic CMOS prescaler with a fixed divide ratio of two. Its
operating frequency range is 2.0 to 3.5 GHz, it is designed for low power operation
(11.5mA @ 3V across frequency), and operates from a single supply....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18735/793725

-------------------------------------
CONSULTING SERVICES 
-------------------------------------
 
Your projects deserve the best consultants... By using Wireless Design Online Consulting
Services, you'll find them quickly and easily! GUARANTEED! With performance data on 1,800
pre-qualified firms, this easy-to-use service ensures you'll get the right firm, every
time. Check out our guarantee at:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18738/793725

-------------------------------------
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
-------------------------------------
 
Six Sigma
 
Are your Six Sigma projects on track? Are your Black Belts providing the proper training
to team members? If not, then you may want to get your team members some of the most basic
improvement tools. Specials this month!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18739/793725
 
Advanced Sales Certificate Program
 
This certificate program combines our funniest and most interesting sales-related courses
in one affordable package and keeps you on the cutting edge of sales. Register as a
VertMarkets user to take advantage of this special!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18740/793725

-------------------------------------
INDUSTRY EVENTS
-------------------------------------
 
WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions, including
profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and capacity, prepaid
services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage you to visit IIR Telecoms
and technology's web site for a complete listing of upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18741/793725

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Artemis HR to bring you targeted resume and job
search capabilities.  Visit today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/18742/793725
 
==========================================================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/