Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Communications

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 02:34:00 -0500

1) Red Tape & Traffic Blues - Highway Incident Management In Ontario
Link to article in Milestones from the Ontario Good Roads Association:
http://www.ogra.org/db2file.asp?fileid=365

2) Can Geo-Location Services Find The Way?
Link to story from CNET News.com:
http://news.com.com/2100-1039-991681.html

3) Smart Cards To Play New Roles For JR East, ANA
Link to story in The J@pan Inc Newsletter:
http://www.japaninc.com/newsletters/index.html?list=jin&issue=217

4) Ohio Quick Clear Being Used By Dayton-Area Emergency Responder Agencies
Link to news release from the Ohio State Highway Patrol:
http://www.state.oh.us/ohiostatepatrol/media/2003/03-069.htm

5) Tech To Help Drivers Brake Sooner
Link to story from Wired News:
http://www.wired.com/news/gizmos/0,1452,57966,00.html

6) Articles From February Issue Of Road Talk From The Ontario Ministry Of Transportation
 -  Optimizing Ontario's Nuclear Response
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications/files/OntarioNuclear.pdf  (scroll
to second page for story)
 -  ARWIS Goes Countrywide!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications/files/ARWIS.pdf

7) PCs Set To Cure Drive-Time Doldrums
Link to Reuters story via Forbes:
http://www.forbes.com/business/newswire/2003/03/11/rtr903532.html

8) Motorists Use eNETS To Speed Their Way Through Singapore LTA Payments
Link to news release from the Singapore Land Transport Authority:
http://app.internet.gov.sg/scripts/lta/3_press_content.asp?start=697

9) FRA Administrator Says Data Show No Reason To Ban Remote Control Operation Of
Locomotives
Link to news release from the Federal Railroad Administration:
http://www.fra.dot.gov/public/press_release/pr_mar_11_03.htm
Link to additional information:  http://www.fra.dot.gov/summary/sum_rem_ctrl_loco.htm
Unmanned Trains Unsafe, Terror Threat-Labor Groups
Link to story from Reuters via Yahoo Finance:
http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/030311/transport_railroad_1.html

10) Big Blue, Meet Big Brother
IBM says it will offer services to help companies deploy digital video surveillance and
security systems.  Transportation is a sector
where it sees demand.
Link to story from IDG News Service:
http://www.idg.net/ic_1211992_9677_1-5046.html

11) Hurricane Forecasts Extend To Five Days
Link to Associated Press story in the Tallahassee Democrat (Tallahassee, Florida):
http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/democrat/news/local/5362361.htm
Link to news release from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/NOAA_pr_3-10-03.html

12) Tri-State Transportation Safety Conference - April 17-18 - Fairlee, Vermont
Link to further information:
http://www.aot.state.vt.us/sms/documents/tristatelakemorey.doc
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications/files/tri-state%20brochure.doc
(brochure)

13) Aviation Security Summit & Expo - May 14-16 - Atlanta
Link to further information:
http://www.worldrg.com/aw314/

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/