Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wall Street Say's Nextel Will Gain $1,300,000,000.00 From The"Plan Scam" 02-55

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:59:46 -0500

Wall Street Say's Nextel Will Gain $1,300,000,000.00 From  The "Plan Scam" 02-55

 In comments submitted to the FCC by ALLTEL, Cingular, AT&T Wireless, Sprint, Southern
LINC & USCC
(http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6513410791)
they name a Legg Mason (www.leggmason.com) report ("Nextel takes Another Step In Spectrum
Swap Plan" 12/31/03) in which analysts project a Net Gain of $1,300,000,000.00 for Nextel
as a result of their "Plan Scam" 02-55.

The group also questions if Nextel's views & contributions are shared by Nextel Partners
(which were echoed at the recent  roundtable meeting at CTIA in New Orleans) in which
Nextel has a 30% non controlling interest.

 The  National  Association  of  Manufacturers  (NAM)  and MRFAC, Inc. are also concerned
about the impact of the "Plan Scam" 02-55
(http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6513286115).
NAM  and MRFAC submitted the following comments on "Plan Scam" 02-55.

"Nextel today occupies spectrum which is generally non-contiguous.  The 800 MHz Plan
would give Nextel a bounty of unencumbered, contiguous spectrum.  This, in and of itself,
is a
basis for concern as it indirectly rewards the party who is responsible for the
interference.  The
Commission  should  not  put  itself  in  the  position  of  seeming  to  improve  the
interfering  party's
position."

Things are going to heat up this week when we see some major public opposition on the hill
to the "Plan Scam" 02-55 which is sure to embarrass Nextel.  Check local Print & Video
media.