Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Identifies 4 Finalist Agencies

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 06:40:35 -0500

March 11, 2003

Nextel Identifies 4 Finalist Agencies

By THE NEW YORK TIMES

     Nextel Communications has narrowed a review for the creative part of its account,
with billings estimated at $150 million, to
     four finalists.

Audrey Schaefer, a spokeswoman for Nextel in Reston, Va., identified the finalists as
Arnold Worldwide in Boston, part of the
Arnold Worldwide Partners division of Havas; Leo Burnett USA in Chicago, part of the Leo
Burnett Worldwide division of the
Publicis Groupe; the incumbent, Mullen in Wenham, Mass., part of the Partnership division
of the Interpublic Group of
Companies; and TBWA/Chiat/Day in New York, part of the TBWA Worldwide division of the
Omnicom Group.

Two agencies were eliminated from the review last week: Deutsch in New York, part of the
Partnership division of Interpublic,
and J. Walter Thompson in New York, part of the WPP Group.

The review began in January, two months after Nextel hired a consultant to assess its
marketing communications strategy. A
decision on the review, being handled by Roth Associates in New York, is expected next
month.

Nextel is also conducting a review for the media part of the account, which is handled by
Initiative Media in New York, another
member of the Partnership division of Interpublic.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/11/business/media/11ADDE.html?ex=1048050000&en=76d5b342265ff512&ei=5006&partner=ALTAVISTA

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/