Subject: [mobile-ip] HA operation receiving MPS

From: Hiroyuki OHNISHI <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 18:49:45 +0900

Hi,

I have a question about the operation of HA which receives MPS from an MN.
If the HA does not have a Binding Cache for the MN, should the HA
silently discard the MPS or send BE to the MN?

9.3.1 says,
"Packets containing a Home Address option MUST be dropped if there is no
corresponding Binding Cache entry.
[snip]
If the packet is dropped due the above tests, the correspondent node
MUST send the Binding Error message as described"

I am not sure this rule can also be applied to the case in which HA
without BC receives MPS.

Thanks,
Hiroyuki Ohnishi

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 12:13:40 +0200

> I am not sure this rule can also be applied to the case in which HA

It does apply for that too. (And you have to register
with one home address before you can do prefix discovery.)

Jari