Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 02:37:16 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, March 11, 2003
================================================================
 
----------------------------------------------
Reap The Rewards Of Your Own Intranet Service
----------------------------------------------
 
You can now experience the benefits of an Intranet with a 30-Day FREE Trial offer. An
Intranet is an essential tool for today's business world. With access to so many helpful
features, in no time you will see improved organization and increased productivity in your
company. Experience the benefits first hand:
 
- Document library for sharing and storing key information
- Group and personal calendar
- Task management tool
- Tools to help keep your intranet secure and simple to administer
 
Sign up today for your 30-Day FREE Trial!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/16352/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Technical Feature: Designing and Characterizing TRL Fixture Calibration Standards for
Device Modeling
2) Flomerics' Research Highlights Continuing Problems With Wireless Antenna Performance
3) Avnet RF & Microwave's Wavelength Design Solutions Signs North American Distribution
Agreement with Zcomax
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Technical Feature: Designing and Characterizing TRL Fixture Calibration Standards for
Device Modeling
 
To measure and characterize devices, California Eastern Laboratories (CEL) uses different
fixtures and calibration methods. One is the through-reflect-line, or TRL, which can be
used to calibrate the HP8510 network analyzer....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/16340/793725
 
2) Flomerics' Research Highlights Continuing Problems With Wireless Antenna Performance
 
Research recently conducted by Flomerics has found that an overwhelming 90% of electronic
design engineers who expressed an opinion, believe that not enough attention is paid to
the effect of enclosures on antenna performance. With antennas now forming an integral
part of thousands of new wireless products, the costs of ignoring this issue are
potentially huge....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/16341/793725
 
3) Avnet RF & Microwave's Wavelength Design Solutions Signs North American Distribution
Agreement with Zcomax
 
Avnet Electronics Marketing announced that Avnet RF & Microwave's Wavelength Design
Solutions has signed an agreement with Zcomax Technologies Inc., a leading global supplier
of wireless networking and communication technologies. Avnet RF & Microwave recently
formed the Wavelength Design Solutions business unit to provide customers with a total
solution for integrating wireless technology into their end products....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/16342/793725

----------------------------- 
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
-----------------------------  
 
Visit the Wireless Design Online download library to try Serenade/Symphony SV. The
Symphony engine in Ansoft's Serenade SV uses discrete-time analysis for simulation of
signal processing models such as modulators, coders, filters, propagation channels, etc.,
to form analog and digital transmitters, receivers, and end-to-end systems. Click here to
download the feature-limited version of Ansoft's commercially distributed Serenade 8.5:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/16353/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Fastrack M1200 Series Modem
2) SkyMate(TM) Router
3) IE3D: MoM-Based EM Simulator 
4) Hermetic Sealed Feedthrus
5) 700 A Series NPO Porcelain and Ceramic MLCs
6) Microwave Conformance Services
7) Solid State Programmable Attenuators
8) MLSW-Series Wideband Low Noise Frequency Synthesizers
9) Q3SMT-Series HF Coils
10) Utiflex Flexible Microwave Cables
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Fastrack M1200 Series Modem
 
The external FASTRACK modem delivers all the power of WISMO technology in one unit, giving
your application instant wireless capabilities. Because the FASTRACK modem is fully
type-approved, it can dramatically speed your time to market. Housed in a rugged metallic
casing, the FASTRACK modem is built to withstand the toughest environments....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/16343/793725
 
2) SkyMate(TM) Router
 
SkyMate is another exciting member of Solectek Corporation's family of 11 Mbps wireless
networking products. It serves as a remote end (a CPE) of a point-to-multipoint STAR
network, and uses Solectek's SkyWay-Net as the BASE station equipment....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/16344/793725
 
3) IE3D: MoM-Based EM Simulator 
 
Zeland Software's IE3D is a full-wave, method-of-moments based electromagnetic simulator
solving the current distribution on 3D and multilayer structures of general shape. It has
been widely used in the design of MMICs, RFICs, LTCC circuits, microwave/millimeter-wave
circuits, IC interconnects and packages, HTS circuits, and more...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/16345/793725
 
4) Hermetic Sealed Feedthrus
 
Some applications require the need for a complete hermetic package, which is completely
impervious to the outside environmental conditions. Corry Micronics offers the industry
standard broadband filters in 1/4-28 thread with a .383 body and the 5/16-24 thread with a
.702 body....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/16346/793725
 
5) 700 A Series NPO Porcelain and Ceramic MLCs
 
American Technical Ceramics Corp.'s 700 A Series Multilayer Capacitor (MLC) has an
improved low ESR/ESL Performance. It has excellent performance over a broad range of RF
and microwave applications requiring minimum drift. Downloadable pdf datasheet
available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/16347/793725
 
6) Microwave Conformance Services
 
Communications is now the fastest growing industry sector with technologies converging and
advancing constantly. At RFI we are equipped to provide compliance and regulatory services
for a wide range of microwave communications equipment including, fixed links, point to
point and point to multipoint links....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/16348/793725
 
7) Solid State Programmable Attenuators
 
Trilithic's solid state programmable attenuator model PA-1527-1 operates from 400 to 2000
MHz. The attenuation range is 0?127 dB in 1 dB steps. The switching speed is 2
microseconds. The operating supply voltage is 5 volts, and is controlled with TTL.
Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/16349/793725
 
8) MLSW-Series Wideband Low Noise Frequency Synthesizers
 
The MLSW-Series from Micro Lambda Wireless, Inc. offers three wideband low noise frequency
ranges: 600 MHz to 3 GHz, 2 to 8 GHz and 2 to 10 GHz. All the units in this series provide
1 Hz frequency resolution with output power levels of + 10 dBm. Downloadable pdf datasheet
available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/16350/793725
 
9) Q3SMT-Series HF Coils
 
Coil-Q Corp.'s Q3SMT-Series HF Coils feature:
- Rugged surface mount 
- Customizable 
- Mil Quality at a Commercial Price 
- Highest Q for its size without the use of ferrites
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/16354/793725
 
10) Utiflex Flexible Microwave Cables
 
UTiFLEX is a complete line of high performance flexible microwave cables built by
MICRO-COAX. The entire UTiFLEX product line is constructed using a low or ultra density
PTFE dielectric offering excellent loss characteristics, outstanding phase stability, and
unsurpassed flexibility compared to standard flexible cables...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/16351/793725

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/