Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: RICHARDSON DECISION FILINGS FROM WIRELESS CARRIERS MEAN F...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:53:05 EST

In a message dated 3/6/2003 12:29:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Did you know Nextel has a back door if the "Plan" fails to get 
> approved by the FCC? The alternate plan will leave many blowing in 
> the wind. A Wash. Beltway firm is running the the behind the scenes 
> action (you worked with one of the attorneys at your previous firm 
> and he remembers you well).
> 

Nextel would be foolish if they DIDN'T have a back-up plan (as do we all).  
That's GOOD business planning.  And, it wouldn't surprise me (in fact, I'd 
EXPECT) that any private wireless user would hate any Nextel alternative to 
high heaven even more than the original Nextel proposal.

Now, on the last point, if you mean worked "with me" as in they were part of 
my previous firm, that's a pretty limited list.  The only FCC attorneys that 
I "worked with" at my "previous firm" (which would be Meyer, Faller, Weisman &
 Rosenberg) are Lloyd Coward (now at the FCC), David Weisman (who's of 
counsel here), Cary Tepper (he does broadcast work) and Terry Romine (and I 
don't know where she is currently).  So, since I talk to Lloyd and David all 
of the time, you can give Tepper a "shout out" from me (you said "he", so it 
isn't Romine) and my best wishes.  He's an excellent softball player.

Alan