Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Channel Allocations at 866 Mhz

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:57:59 -0500 (EST)

I just plotted out a little info from the FCC database for 866 Mhz users
in the Boston MA area.

867.9125 - Sudbury Massachusetts PD

nearest co channel users - State of New York (NYS) - a minimum of 100
miles away - Port Authority of NY - 170 miles away

nearest adjacent channel users - 867.925 Suffolk County NY and NYS (both
a minimum of 100 miles away)

other adjacent channel - 867.90 - Waterbury Connecticut is the closest
at 100 miles

- - - - - - - - 

867.90 - North Andover MA FD

nearest co channel user - Essex County NJ at 200 miles

nearest adjacent channel users - 867.6125 Bridgewater MA Jail at 55
miles

other adjacent channel - 867.5875 State of Connecticut (it is 60 miles
to the closest part of Connecticut)

-------------------

Looking at the VHF hiband

154.31 - Everett MA FD

closest co channel user - Brockton FD at 25 miles - Clinton FD at 30
miles - Warwick RI FD at 55 miles - all 4 FDs run repeaters on 154.31

adjacent channel user - Chelsea FD on 154.325 - 1 mile away (with a
repeater)

-----------------------

Bottom line - 866 is much less densely occupied presently

Peter S

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/