Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Florida wireless company passes installation milestone

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 07:43:02 -0500

Florida wireless company passes installation milestone

Progress Telecom has completed its 300th wireless attachment of a cellular/PCS antenna
array to a utility structure—in this case, for Verizon Wireless. The 300th attachment was
placed on a Progress Energy utility structure in St. Petersburg, FL.Progress Telecom's
attachments are in some 90 counties in Florida and the Carolinas, on structures owned by
Progress Telecom and its sister utilities, Progress Energy Florida and Progress Energy
Carolinas. All three companies are subsidiaries of Raleigh-based Progress Energy.

Progress Telecom's tower attachment activity has been among the most aggressive in the
utility-owned telecom industry. "We are where wireless carriers want to be," said George
Townsend, general manager of Progress Telecom's wireless division. "Utilizing existing
utility structures for antenna attachments and collocating carriers make good economic and
environmental sense.

Progress Telecom's wireless infrastructure division complements its core broadband
business by providing wireless backhaul through a fully redundant fiber optic backbone.
Progress Telecom picks-up wireless traffic originating from cell sites and aggregates it
back to the Local Exchange Carrier's (LEC) office where it is connected to the wireless
carrier's switch.

Posted to the site on 18-Mar-03

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/8505.shtml
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/