Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Comverse, Ericsson demo push-to-talk offerings

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:27:57 -0500

If Nexthell's "Plan Scam" fails the Stock will fall down to early 03 levels. The Party is
over for D.C. now that manufacts have agreeded to collaborate on a PTT standard. Nextel
will be the "Bastard Child"  that nobody wants of the wireless world once again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Comverse, Ericsson demo push-to-talk offerings
March 17 12:38:00, 2003

NEW ORLEANS—Comverse and L.M. Ericsson will demonstrate at CTIA
Wireless 2003 this week their individual solutions
for push-to-talk communications, which add walkie-talkie and radio dispatch
capabilities to cellular telephony.

Comverse has collaborated with Mobile Tornado for its push-to-talk capabilities for
CDMA 1xRTT and GPRS networks.

“Comverse’s solution has a very short set-up time and latency, which are critical in
order to support a walkie-talkie like
service, and gives the user the real-time, conversational experience with no noticeable
delay,” said Benny Einhorn, chief
marketing officer of Comverse.

Ericsson’s developed its new Instant Talk, which combines push-to-talk functionality
with presence services, to work
across GSM/GPRS, EDGE, cdma2000, W-CDMA and wireless local are network
networks.

“Ericsson Instant Talk will allow for full interoperability across different network and
handset technologies and will help
increase operators’ revenues,” said Per-Anne Sandstrom, chief operating officer of
Ericsson.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=7630
--
"NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

"NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

"WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/