Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Week Announces Winners of Annual Excellence Awards; Nextel, Alltel, Monet, Best Buy Share Honors for 2002 Performances

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:07:18 -0500

March 13, 2003 01:46 PM GMT-5 EST, Eastern US

Wireless Week Announces Winners of Annual Excellence Awards; Nextel, Alltel, Monet, Best
Buy Share Honors for 2002 Performances

DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 13, 2003--Wireless Week, the leading publication for the
wireless telecommunications
industry, has named the winners of its Sixth Annual Excellence Awards Competition.

Nextel Communications Inc., Alltel, Monet Mobile Networks, and Best Buy will be honored at
an invitation-only reception to be held
Monday, March 17, in New Orleans, LA, to help kick off the Wireless 2003 convention held
by the Cellular Telecommunications and
Internet Association (CTIA).

Wireless Week (www.wirelessweek.com) is featuring in-depth news profiles of each winner in
its March 15 issue, and will provide
additional coverage in its CTIA Show Daily, which is the only official show daily of
Wireless 2003.

"The wireless industry is evolving at an incredible pace, with the launch of
next-generation networks and the reshaping of corporate
strategies by service providers who face the challenge of finding new growth engines,"
said Bill Menezes, editor in chief of Wireless
Week. "These companies epitomize the ways in which wireless is adapting to a competitive,
changing business climate.

The awards given by Wireless Week's editorial staff recognize outstanding service provider
performance during 2002 in the
Supercarrier (more than 10 million wireless voice subscribers), Carrier (9.9 million or
fewer subscribers), Wireless Internet and
Retailer market segments.

Criteria used in the judging of service providers included a leadership role in the
industry, innovation, financial performance, subscriber
growth, technological savvy, peer respect and community service.

As it was last year, the Retailer segment is being co-sponsored by the CTIA. Additional
criteria in that category included the relative
weight given to wireless in overall product plus the significance of revenues generated
from wireless products and services.

Winners in each category are:

-- SuperCarrier: Nextel

-- Carrier: Alltel Corp.

-- Wireless Internet: Monet Mobile Networks

-- Retailer: Best Buy Co. Inc.
 http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/index.jsp?epi-content=NEWS_VIEW_TYPE&newsId=20030313005441&newsLang=en&beanID=2133606841&viewID=news_view

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG