Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Latest 800 Interference Report MI, IL

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:01:37 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Ron Haraseth" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Latest 800 Interference Report MI, IL

Note:  an updated complete text file of all reports to date are located
at: http://www.apco911.org/frequency/project_39/downloads/combined.txt
The update including this entry may follow this original report by a day
or two.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

03/17/03

Location City:....................... Metro Detroit
       County:....................... Macomb
        State:....................... Michigan

Agency Name:......................... Michigan State Police / DIT

Type of service:..................... Police

Service coverage area:............... Statewide system (areas affected
Macomb county, Wayne county) 

Population estimate:................. 275,000

Is interference Annoying:............ Yes

Is interference Harmful:............  Yes

Type of PS System:................... Trunked Digital Voice 

Band:................................   821-824  

Identified interference:............. Cellular  Two towers 100yds apart.
Verizon, Nextel

Interference been reported to:....... APCO  

Has interference been resolved:...... No
If, how:

Descriptive Narrative
Portable and mobile radios unable to get channel grant on system,
severely distorted audio on voice channels.  Noise floor in vicinity of
towers increases 12Db over NPSPAC 821 band.  High levels of receiver
desense.

Technical Contact Name:.............. Allen Eichenberg 
Technical Contact Title:............. 800MHz. Engineering Manager 
Agency:.............................. Michigan State Police / DIT 
Email:............................... [email-masked]

03/17/03
Location City:....................... Hoffman Estates
       County:....................... Cook
        State:....................... Il.

Agency Name:......................... Northwest Central Dispatch

Type of service:..................... all

Service coverage area:............... Hoffman Estates/Streamwood Towns
approx 25 square miles

Population estimate:................. 87,000

Is interference Annoying:............ Yes

Is interference Harmful:............  Yes

Type of PS System:................... Analog Voice

Band:................................ 806-821    

Identified interference:............. Possible Nextel Intf at Illinois
Blvd / Schaumburg and 95 Aster Lane 

Interference been reported to:.......   

Has interference been resolved:...... No
If, how:

Descriptive Narrative
The interference varies from day to day.  The problem is RF noise and
close frequency operation with the commercial carrier strong RF signal.
The RF noise level varies with the Carrier operating frequencies used.
This is at a major intersection and high call volume areas where public
safety communications are now impaired at different hours.

Technical Contact Name:.............. Jim Hunt
Technical Contact Title:............. Radio System Manager 
Agency:.............................. Northwest Central Dispatch 
Email:............................... [email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/