Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Nextel coverage in the South.

From: "Smith, William E. (US-BKTN-Telecom)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:27:23 -0500

The original message was about SoCo's coverage being much better than
Nextel's in SoCo's service territory. I asked about the roaming agreement
SoCo and Nextel finally worked out, if it was one way from SoCo to Nextel or
if it worked both ways. Marcel replied that it is indeed one way from SoCo
to Nextel and that's where he posted that Bob Manville was hit for $285 for
120 minutes of roaming in Miami on Nextel's iDEN network.

-----Original Message-----
From: marcel_rf1 [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 10:46 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Nextel coverage in the South.

I don't think you read the whole thread. We were talking about a Soco 
phone roaming on a Nextel network........

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to National Grid and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the National Grid USA Enterprise Support Center on 508-389-3375 or 315-428-6360.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:11:29 EST

In a message dated 3/20/2003 12:59:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> According to the definition listed in Alan T’s scenarios in Vegas, the magic 
> height is 150 feet.
> 
>   
> 
> Todd Ellis
> 
> 

Actually, if you're talking about the definition that we came up with for a 
"cellularized" system (actually, I should say I came up with, in case any of 
the participants wants to amend it they don't have to look like they're 
backpedaling from their own proposal) is/was 100 feet.

Alan T.

---

From: "Bender, Klaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:34:22 -0500

Hmmm. I've always used 100 ft AGL height and/or 500 ft HAAT. 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Klaus Bender - Spectrum Management & RF Engineering 
V:  (703) 558-2204 F: (703) 276-1169 M: (703) 887-1474 
[Public Key Available Upon Request] 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Ellis [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 12:39 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel coverage in the South.

According to the definition listed in Alan T's scenarios in Vegas, the magic
height is 150 feet.

Todd Ellis

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 12:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel coverage in the South.

Low Site is classified as Towers below XXX (Todd was it 125ft?)  feet and
High Site are Towers above XXX feet. 

Mike Edwards wrote: 

Would you explain Low site and High site?I think I know what you mean but I
am not sure 

----- Original Message -----

From: Todd  <mailto:[email-masked]> Ellis

To: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 4:49 PM

Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel coverage in the South.

Mike:

That is information from a source who declined to identify
themselves...however, remember that these sites are LOW SITE, not HIGH SITE
like SoLINC.  I would not get your hopes up too much, as the business
strategy for NXTL seems to be to approach the Top 100 MSAs, not the rural
areas.  SoLINC however does suffer lack of coverage in some areas in
Georgia, as an example, south and west of Macon. 

Todd 

-----Original Message----- 
From: Mike Edwards [mailto:[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 4:43 PM 
To: [email-masked] 
Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel coverage in the South. 

I stand correct and REALLY hope your correct Todd,

120 sites would come close to covering the entire state would it not??

Perhaps Nextel IS going after Southern Linc's customer base !!

I love it 

Mike

Oxford GA

----- Original Message ----- 

From: Marcel <mailto:[email-masked]> 

To: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 4:05 PM

Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel coverage in the South.

Thanks saved me a call.......... 

Todd Ellis wrote:  

Here's the scoop - 

GA is getting 120 sites, while other states are getting less, but still in
the double-digit quantities.  This is related to post-nationwide direct
connect, and has nothing to do with reshuffle or 900 MHz implementation,
which will add even more complexity.  Numbers for 900 sites are not known at
this time.

Todd Ellis

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL" 
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1
<http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1>  

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS" 
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2
<http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2>  

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP" 
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security. 
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG
<http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG>  

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor	

ADVERTISEMENT
 
<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243066.2784921.4151384.1927555/D=egroupweb/S=17073678
02:HM/A=1377501/R=0/*http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=b3089011320061
6000> 	
 
<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243066.2784921.4151384.1927555/D=egroupmai
l/S=:HM/A=1377501/rand=987861626> 	

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .