Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G : 4G Wireless Centre Opens In Europe

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:33:02 -0500

____________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News

1) WNI Software for 3G Wireless
2) Logica Powers KPN Mobile's MMS Wireless
3) 4G Wireless Centre Opens In Europe
4) ATM-IP Gateway Designed for 3G Wireless Architectures
5) Alcatel GPRS Wireless Mobile 
6) Novel Wireless Gaming Device 
7) 3G CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Milestone 
8) Samsung 3G Partnership 

See below for full details.
__________________________________________________________________________________

FREE Tertio White Paper  -  "Provisioning for the Future"

Service provisioning touches every service delivered to every mobile subscriber.
Its role becomes even more important as data and content are introduced, and as
the rate of new service development increases. Provisioning has to be changed
more frequently, as more network elements are introduced, and the provisioning
processes become more complex. How are you provisioning for the future?

To find out more, get your FREE copy of Tertio's white paper "Provisioning for the Future" 

http://www.telco-tertio.com/products/downloads.php4
_________________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News Follows : 
__________________________________________________________________________________

1) WNI Software for 3G Wireless

WNI software can be used to build 2.5 and 3G wireless network interface line cards for
Base Transceiver Stations (BTSs), NodeB devices, Base Station Controllers (BSCs), Radio
Node Controllers (Rocs), and mobile switching centers. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5121.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

2) Logica Powers KPN Mobile's MMS Wireless

LogicaCMG announced a European framework agreement with KPN Mobile to deliver multimedia
messaging services (MMS).

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5120.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

3) 4G Wireless Centre Opens In Europe

NewLogic Technologies, a worldwide leading supplier of intellectual property (IP) cores
and design services for wireless technology, announced today the opening of their new
design center in the heart of Munich, Germany. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5118.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

4) ATM-IP Gateway Designed for 3G Wireless Architectures

Artesyn Communication Products announced plans to use Motorola(R) technology in the next
generation of SpiderWare(TM)NP, a network processor-based subsystem for 3G wireless and
broadband access applications.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5116.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

5) Alcatel GPRS Wireless Mobile 

This is the new One Touch - OT531 from French phone manufacturer Alcatel and has a large
colour screen, dual band GSM GPRS class 8. The full spec is : 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5114.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

6) Novel Wireless Gaming Device 

TTPCom is enabling new entrants to the growing mobile gaming market with the launch today
of an exciting new mobile game player, code-named B’ngo is a console-style games player as
well as a fully-featured mobile phone. The complete product design is available for
immediate license.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5113.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

7) 3G CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Milestone 

Nortel Networks has completed third generation (3G) wireless voice and data calls using
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO and CDMA2000 1X wireless standards over 2.1 GHz radio spectrum in the
Nortel Networks Global Technology Center.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5110.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

8) Samsung 3G Partnership 

Starent Networks Corporation and Samsung Electronics announced a partnership to deliver
next generation infrastructure solutions for Wideband Code Division Multiple Access
(WCDMA) mobile wireless carriers. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5108.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/