Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G : New 3G Phone

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:37:41 -0500

Today’s 3G News

1) New 3G UMTS Phone 
2) New GPRS Camera Phone
3) J-Phone Hit Sha-mail Wireless High
4) 1 Million Wireless Users Choose Vodafone LIVE
5) Agilent Miniature Camera for Wireless Phones 
6) Mediation Solution to Voice, IP and 3G services 
7) New Wireless Wrist Phone 
8) New Remote Radio Unit For 3G UMTS Wireless Networks

See below for full details.
__________________________________________________________________________________

FREE Tertio White Paper  -  "Provisioning for the Future"

Service provisioning touches every service delivered to every mobile subscriber.
Its role becomes even more important as data and content are introduced, and as
the rate of new service development increases. Provisioning has to be changed
more frequently, as more network elements are introduced, and the provisioning
processes become more complex. How are you provisioning for the future?

To find out more, get your FREE copy of Tertio's white paper "Provisioning for the Future" 

http://www.telco-tertio.com/products/downloads.php4
_________________________________________________________________________________

Today’s 3G News Follows : 
__________________________________________________________________________________

1) New 3G UMTS Phone 

Samsung Electronics releases the new SGH-Z100, 3G UMTS mobile phone, which features the
most advanced technology with GPRS Class 8, WAP, MMS and Java. 

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5135.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

2) New GPRS Camera Phone

The Samsung SGH-P400, with a rotating screen, allows users to talk, take and send pictures
or data quickly and easily through a single device, with the convenience of a rotating
viewfinder.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5134.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

3) J-Phone Hit Sha-mail Wireless High

Sha-mail subscribers increased by 1 million in approximately two months, bringing the
number of Sha-mail users to approximately 65% of J-PHONE’s total subscriber base.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5133.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

4) 1 Million Wireless Users Choose Vodafone LIVE

Of the one million Vodafone live! customers, Germany now has over 375,000, Italy 190,000
and the UK 220,000. Vodafone also has an additional 420,000
customers in these markets that now own a MMS capable device.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5132.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

5) Agilent Miniature Camera for Wireless Phones 

The new camera modules offer exceptional sensitivity for capturing great images in
low-light conditions. Because they are fully integrated and require no external
components, the new modules reduce time to market for handset and PDA designers.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5128.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

6) Mediation Solution to Voice, IP and 3G services 

Eurotel is Intec's first convergent mediation customer in Eastern Europe, a region with
one of the world's fastest growing mobile markets. The deal, valued at over one million
euros, will raise Intec's profile in the area.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5127.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

7) New Wireless Wrist Phone 

NTT DoCoMo, Inc. announced that it will soon begin marketing the WRISTOMO™, the world's
first commercial wristwatch-style Personal Handyphone System (PHS) mobile phone.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5126.htm
________________________________________________________________________________

8) New Remote Radio Unit For 3G UMTS Wireless Networks

Powerwave Technologies recently demonstrated its latest high performance multi-carrier
power amplifier (MCPA) technology for UMTS networks at CTIA Wireless 2003 in New Orleans.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/March2003/5189.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/