Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Michigan's digital radio system flawed

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 19:31:46 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "mrflashport" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Michigan's digital radio system flawed

--- In [email-masked], kiwi@b... wrote:
> Michigan is finding their new $221 million digital radio system is 
not 
> quite what they had expected.  In other words, it doesn't work.
> 
> One would hope the GTA would look at this very closely at this 
before they 
> sign over that check to Motorola for our own fiasco, I mean, 
statewide 
> radio system.
> 
> http://www.detnews.com/2003/metro/0303/20/d01-113849.htm
> 
> It's a pity they're finding Nextel handsets /more/ reliable than 
the PS 
> radios.

yeah, and Craptel is also the biggest cause of QRM on 800MHz. We 
didn't have this problem when we were all on VHF. Remember those 
days? Everyone could talk to each other. No Nextel interference, no 
5000 dollar portable radios that worked half the time. I think 
Motorola is about to get thrown off their high horse. About time too. 
They keep shoving 800MHz digital down everyone's throat. And it 
doesn't work. It sounds like crap (compared to analog) and no one but 
major cities can afford their ASTROnomical prices. ya know, my good 
old HT600 VHF NEVER crackles when near a nextel tower, always works 
even after being dropped or used as a hammer, and parts and 
accessories are cheap.

Sure, PS deserves "technology from this century" but it should at 
least WORK. The Bell Telephone system is based on 100 year old 
technology, and landlines were built to work in a nuclear winter. If 
it aint broke don't fix it. The P25 push is nothing but a scam for 
Motorola to sell more outrageously overpriced radios and systems to a 
majority of users who DONT NEED IT. I think the Nextel scam is gonna 
blow the whole issue wide open when the taxpayers find out yet 
another "fleecing of America" the PS communications industry of late 
has become.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/