Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Welcome to Oldradio

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:08:12 -0500

http://www.oldradio.com/nab.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
250 Free Business Cards - $85 Value
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ig9A1A/xbqFAA/yPdLAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Can you believe it ...
it's time for the 11th Annual Lunch Gathering!

Time: Tuesday, April 8th, at Noon ...

Location: Riviera Buffet Restaurant ... just
across the street from the LVCC

This year sponsored by Prophet Systems, Shively Labs, and
Sierra Audio Systems, the Annual Lunch Gathering at NAB will be a great
opportunity to see those folks whose email you read all year long. With fewer
and fewer working engineers running more and more stations, it is vital to know
who is out there.  Additionally, we have some great surprises in store.

Did you make it last year?

Our 10th Annual Lunch
Gathering came off well.

Co-Sponsored by Orban, Prophet Systems and
Shively Labs,

once again this year (for the 10th time), we met at the Riviera Hotel Buffet
Restaurant for some good food, conversation, and surprises!

Ray Topp and Mark Timpany were

among the folks at our get together.

Among others in the background are Lyle Henry, John Huntley,

Richard Rudman, and too many others to list here.

(for more detail, or for making dart boards, click on
pictures for a full size display)

Keith Kintner and Mike McCarthy

(.. and BTW, who is Mike's friend on the side there??)

Dana Puopolo and Mike Callaghan

Dale Tucker and Tom McGinley

Paul Jellison, Bill Sepmeier and yes,

that's Muffy, too!

Somehow, Jackie Lockhart (Prophet Systems) got away without my

grabbing a picture of her and her crew. On the other hand, guess who

had "something come up" and never made it to lunch?

At least Dean promises to send you the Orban

"toy" if you tell him you saw this picture!

All attendees were treated to the first
version of the Broadcaster's Desktop Toolkit.

This CD is now available to anyone interested.

Special bonus picture:

This is part of our little "Broadcast History Team"

Pictured are: Mike Adams (San Jose State University and writer/producer/host of
"The
Charles Herrold Story"),

Barry Mishkind,

Frank Absher (St. Louis Journalism Review),

and Mike Kittross (Emerson College and noted author of College Textbooks, etc)

Our sincere thanks to the "2002 Lunch
Gathering" Sponsors:

Orban

Shively Labs

Prophet Systems

BACK TO
THE HOME PAGE

Thanks for visiting ... I hope you find the site interesting!

Copyright 1993-2002, 2003  by Barry Mishkind. This
material on this site should not be reproduced or reposted in whole or part
without express approval.

It would be a kindness if you'd take a moment and let me
know who you are and what interests you have. If you can share some information,
or even a picture, that would be great! Just click on the address below. Thanks.

An important note about this
resource:

We have used many sources, including FCC files,
university lecturers, historical publications and more, and have tried to be as
accurate as possible, not repeating many of the myths of the industry (such as
the Uncle Don Story) nor histories "manufactured" by promotion
departments. However, I can not and do not guarantee total accuracy of what is
in the FAQ. If you do see an error or omission, please inform me at: this
email address. (be sure to fix the anti-spam part)

The accuracy and expansion of this resource depend
upon our SHARING our efforts.

If you can help, please share your materials or information.

email
barry (be sure to fix the anti-spam part)

snailmail:

Barry Mishkind

2033 S. Augusta Place

Tucson, Arizona 85710

(520) 296-3797

Thanks a megaWatt!

FastCounter
by bCentral