Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Phat Farm and Motorola Sign Multi-Year Promotional Agreement

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 00:01:01 -0500

Phat Farm and Motorola Sign Multi-Year Promotional Agreement
PLANTATION, Fla. -- February 18, 2003 -- Motorola, Inc. (NYSE:MOT), a global leader in
providing integrated communications and embedded electronics solutions has signed a
multi-year promotional marketing agreement with Phat Licensing, LLC., for the Phat Farm
and Baby Phat brands. The agreement will provide fashion and technology savvy consumers a
wider range of mobile products and services to complement their style preferences.
The marriage between the Motorola and Phat brands will include the development of
co-branded products, such as Motorola iDEN® handsets, technology content and accessories.
The products and services will be made available at Phat Farm stores, the Internet and
select retail channels.
Kimora Lee Simmons and Russell Simmons will endorse the co-branded products as part of the
Phat Farm overall marketing strategy during the term of the agreement, January 1, 2003 –
December 31, 2005.
“After successful Phat Farm and Motorola programs in 2002, it seems natural to expand our
relationship to continue to design phones that combine the latest technology with a great
sense of fashion appeal for our customers,” said Russell Simmons, founder of Phat Farm.
“We are always looking for new partners with creditability, expertise in their industry,
and that respect the buying power and the needs of our consumers. We have found a great
alliance in Motorola.”
“Mobile phones are intrinsic to the lifestyles of the hip-hop generation, and no brand
does cell phones better than Motorola.  The Baby Phat and Motorola relationship is
exciting and will be bringing revolutionary items to market over the next couple of
years," said Kimora Simmons, founder of Baby Phat.
”The Phat brands are clearly identified as leaders in the fashion industry and the
addition of
Motorola iDEN handsets and accessories to their fashion lines will enable customers to
further
personalize their mobile experience in ways that reflect their individual styles,” said
Peter
Aloumanis, vice president & general manager of US Markets Division iDEN Subscriber Group.“

About Motorola iDEN
Motorola, Inc. (NYSE:MOT) is a global leader in providing integrated communications and
embedded electronic solutions. Sales in 2002 were $26.7 billion. Motorola is a global
corporate citizen dedicated to ethical business practices and pioneering important
technologies that make things smarter and life better for people, honored traditions that
began when the company was founded 75 years ago this year. For more information, please
visit: www.motorola.com.
About Phat Farm
Out of the contemporary American culture he helped to shape, Russell Simmons founded Phat
Farm in 1992 as a young men's fashion label. Phat Farm has since evolved to include a wide
range of apparel and accessories for men, women (Baby Phat) and children (Phat Farm
Kids).  Today, the menswear collection includes: sportswear, outerwear, loungewear,
underwear, footwear, bags and belts. Luggage, home and fragrance are in development. Key
to Phat Farm's success is the brand's commitment to quality, innovation in design and
support of the retail trade through strategic marketing and advertising. For the consumer,
Phat Farm delivers a universal message that transcends the "urban fashion label" by
breaking stereotypes and ethnic boundaries -- setting the new standard in sportswear and
establishing Phat Farm as the complete American lifestyle brand.

# # #

Media Contacts:
Liz Tobey
Hill & Knowlton
+1-323-966-5785
[email-masked]
http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,2434_1983_23,00.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/