Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CTIA Wireless 2003 News Summary Through Monday, March 17

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 01:00:57 -0500

CTIA Wireless 2003 News Summary Through Monday, March 17

Business Editors/High-Tech Writers
CTIA Wireless 2003

NEW ORLEANS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 17, 2003--CTIA Wireless 2003 takes place March 17 - 19
at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. For more information
about the event visit http://wireless2003.ctsg.com/. Listed below is the CTIA Wireless
2003 exhibitor news summary through March 17. News releases, advisories, press kits and
photos are available at www.tradeshownews.com. Business Wire and Virtual Press Office are
the official news services for CTIA Wireless 2003. -0-

BW5890 MAR 17,2003 13:15 PACIFIC 16:15 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-CTIA/INDUSTRY-SURVEY) Wireless Industry: Defying Economic
Trends with Growth and Investment

BW0154 MAR 17,2003 12:01 PACIFIC 15:01 EASTERN
( BW)(ERICSSON)(ERICY) Ericsson Demonstrates First Cross-Technology
IMS-Based Push-To-Talk Solution for CDMA2000 and GSM/GPRS

BW5659 MAR 17,2003 11:00 PACIFIC 14:00 EASTERN
( BW)(ERICSSON)(ERICY) Ericsson to Deliver World's First Open-Standard
CDMA2000 MMS Solution to Verizon Wireless

BW5784 MAR 17,2003 10:37 PACIFIC 13:37 EASTERN
( BW)(MA-COMVERSE)(CMVT) Comverse Multi-National Market Research
Reaffirms Wireless Subscriber Interest In New InSight-Powered Enhanced
Messaging Services

BW2248 MAR 17,2003 09:51 PACIFIC 12:51 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-ACTIX) Actix IVS Software Enables Wireless Operators to
Enhance Quality of CDMA2000 1X Networks and Services Without
Conducting Drive Tests

BW5732 MAR 17,2003 09:39 PACIFIC 12:39 EASTERN
( BW)(MD-WORLDCELL) WorldCell Forms Roaming Service Bureau, Limited

BW5677 MAR 17,2003 08:33 PACIFIC 11:33 EASTERN
( BW)(MA-STRATEGY-ANALYTICS) Strategy Analytics: Replacement Sales
Drive 7 Percent Growth in $10 Billion US Cellular Handset Market in
2003

BW5649 MAR 17,2003 08:06 PACIFIC 11:06 EASTERN
( BW)(MN-ADC/TMNG)(ADCT)(TMNG) ADC and TMNG Demonstrate On-Demand
Wireless Public Access Network Revenue Management During CTIA

BW5588 MAR 17,2003 07:17 PACIFIC 10:17 EASTERN
( BW)(OH-CONVERGYS-CORP)(CVG) Convergys' Atlys Release 10 Enables
Complex Enterprise Market Support With Advanced Financial Management
and Partner Settlement Capabilities

BW5583 MAR 17,2003 07:12 PACIFIC 10:12 EASTERN
( BW)(MD-SENTORI) Sentori Enters 10th Caribbean Market - Barbados -for
Newly-Licensed GSM/GPRS Provider Sunbeach Communications, Inc.;
Islanders and Tourists: Growing Demand for Wireless Applications

BW5534 MAR 17,2003 06:32 PACIFIC 9:32 EASTERN
( BW)(CA-DOONGO) DoOnGo Technologies Demonstrates DeltaUpgrade Over-
the-Air Software Management Solution on Texas Instruments' OMAP
Platform at CTIA Wireless 2003

BW5282 MAR 17,2003 06:31 PACIFIC 9:31 EASTERN
( BW)(CA-KYOCERA-WIRELESS-2)(KYO) Kyocera Wireless Corp. Introduces
2003 Handset Lineup at CTIA Show; North America's Leading CDMA Handset
Manufacturer Rounds out Compelling Portfolio with Eight New Products

BW5281 MAR 17,2003 06:31 PACIFIC 9:31 EASTERN
( BW)(CA-KYOCERA-WIRELESS-3)(KYO) Kyocera Wireless Corp. Throws KURV
at Young Wireless Consumers

BW5277 MAR 17,2003 06:31 PACIFIC 9:31 EASTERN
( BW)(CA-KYOCERA-WIRELESS-1)(KYO) Kyocera Wireless Corp. Dials Up the
Youth Market; Young Consumers Get New Choices in Stylish, Feature-Rich
Wireless Phones

BW5268 MAR 17,2003 06:16 PACIFIC 9:16 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-UBINETICS) UbiNetics Showcases World's First 3G Network
``Stress Tester'' at CTIA; Global 3G Technology Company Unveils Latest
Multi-Mode Products at Booth #3275

PHOTO---BW5521  MAR 17,2003       6:07 PACIFIC      09:07 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-LOGITECH)(LOGI)(LOGN.S) Logitech Showcases Line of Mobile
Phone Headsets at CTIA Wireless 2003; Six Mobile Phone Headsets with
Distinct Style, Features and Comfort

BW5355 MAR 17,2003 06:10 PACIFIC 9:10 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-XPHERIX) iPhonebook Adds Wireless Calendar Feature; Set To
Debut In CTIA's Wireless Widgets Showcase; Robust New Features Make
Productivity Simple

BW5127 MAR 17,2003 06:03 PACIFIC 9:03 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-GEMPLUS/STATS-INC)(GEMP)(NWS) Gemplus Adds STATS, Inc.'s
Realtime Sports Content to Its Content Provisioning Offer

BW5026 MAR 17,2003 06:01 PACIFIC 9:01 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-SILICON-WAVE) Silicon Wave Samples UltimateBlue 3000 Single-
Chip RFCMOS Bluetooth Radio Processor

BW5001 MAR 17,2003 06:00 PACIFIC 9:00 EASTERN
( BW)(MA-INTERTEK-TESTING-SVCS)(ITRK.L) CTIA Authorizes Intertek
Testing Services to Conduct Radiated Performance Testing for CTIA
Certification Program Evaluations

BW5475 MAR 17,2003 05:36 PACIFIC 8:36 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-RF-MICRO-DEVICES)(RFMD) RF Micro Devices Begins Shipments of
New WLAN 802.11b Transceiver Solution Featuring Lower Cost, Reduced
Component Count and Improved Performance

BW5479 MAR 17,2003 05:37 PACIFIC 8:37 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-RF-MICRO-DEVICES-2)(RFMD) RF Micro Devices' Commercialization
of GaAs HBT Process Technology Selected for CTIA'S 20 Years of
Wireless Commemorative Display

BW5343 MAR 17,2003 05:35 PACIFIC 8:35 EASTERN
( BW)(ERICSSON)(ERICY) Ericsson Demonstrates First Cross-Technology
IMS-Based Push-To-Talk Solution for CDMA2000 and GSM/GPRS

BW5342 MAR 17,2003 05:33 PACIFIC 8:33 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-ERICSSON/STARCOMMS)(ERICY) Ericsson and Nigeria's Starcomms
Ltd. Sign CDMA2000 1X Contract Valued at USD 40 Million

BW5177 MAR 17,2003 05:34 PACIFIC 8:34 EASTERN
( BW)(724-SOLUTIONS)(SVNX)(SVN.TO) 724 Solutions Announces X-treme
Mobility Gateway 2.2; Latest Version Delivers Powerful New
Functionality

BW5117 MAR 17,2003 05:32 PACIFIC 8:32 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-724-SOLUTIONS)(SVNX)(SVN.TO) 724 Solutions partners with ZTE
for the China Market

BW5174 MAR 17,2003 05:32 PACIFIC 8:32 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-STARENT-NETWORKS) Starent Networks and Samsung Expand
Relationship; Companies Forge Agreement to Provide Data Core Network
for WCDMA Carriers

PHOTO---BW5487  MAR 17,2003       5:13 PACIFIC      08:13 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-JABRA) JABRA Announces Shipping Dates for Expanded Corded
Product Line EarSet WindUp, Featured in Wireless Widgets Showcase,
Available Now; ProBoom Ships in May

BW5323 MAR 17,2003 05:23 PACIFIC 8:23 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-TIRA-WIRELESS) Tira Wireless Unveils Breakthrough Platform
for the Automated Generation of J2ME Applications for a Wide Range of
Mobile Phones

BW5123 MAR 17,2003 05:23 PACIFIC 8:23 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-CENTURION-WIRELESS) Centurion Launches New Line of Internal
Antennas for Professional Handheld Devices

BW5306 MAR 17,2003 05:19 PACIFIC 8:19 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-TELEPHIA) More User-Friendly Mobile Data Services Will Drive
the Mobile Corporate Enterprise Market

BW5373 MAR 17,2003 05:18 PACIFIC 8:18 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-COMVERSE/3)(CMVT) Comverse Announces Availability Of
Messaging Handset Clients On QUALCOMM's BREW Platform

BW5367 MAR 17,2003 05:18 PACIFIC 8:18 EASTERN
( BW)(NY-COMVERSE-4)(CMVT) Comverse Push-To-Talk Offering Available
Over CDMA/1X And GPRS Networks; Comverse Push-To-Talk Solution For
CDMA/1X And GPRS Networks To Be Demonstrated At CTIA Wireless 2003

BW5442 MAR 17,2003 05:17 PACIFIC 8:17 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-TELE-ATLAS) Tele Atlas Powers LBS Applications; A Groundswell
of Companies at CTIA Wireless 2003 Demonstrating Powerful Location-
Based Services Solutions Enabled by Tele Atlas Content

BW5369 MAR 17,2003 05:18 PACIFIC 8:18 EASTERN
( BW)(NY-COMVERSE-5)(CMVT) Comverse Announces Support Of WIN2 IS-826
Signaling Protocol, For Advanced Value-Added Wireless Prepaid Services

BW5362 MAR 17,2003 05:15 PACIFIC 8:15 EASTERN
( BW)(NY-COMVERSE/MICROSOFT)(CMVT)(MSFT) Comverse and Microsoft To
Enable Service Providers To Offer Instant Voicemail Notifications with
.NET Alerts

BW5263 MAR 17,2003 05:11 PACIFIC 8:11 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-VANU-2) Vanu, Inc. Demonstrates the Future of Wireless
Communications at CTIA Wireless 2003

BW5266 MAR 17,2003 05:12 PACIFIC 8:12 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-JAMDAT-MOBILE) JAMDAT Mobile Releases Multi-Player Martial
Arts Game for Next-Generation Mobile Phones

BW5231 MAR 17,2003 05:10 PACIFIC 8:10 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-VANU-INC) Vanu, Inc. Teams with HP to Offer Software Radio
Solutions; Software-Defined Base-Station Delivers Innovative Radio
Infrastructure

BW5226 MAR 17,2003 05:10 PACIFIC 8:10 EASTERN
( BW)(TX-CAMBRIDGE-SILICON) CSR's Bluecore Technology in Latest
Headset from Jabra; Brings Wireless Connectivity Even to Non-Bluetooth
Mobiles

BW5204 MAR 17,2003 05:09 PACIFIC 8:09 EASTERN
( BW)(NJ-RAD-DATA) RAD's Vmux-2100 Lowers Voice Trunking Costs for TDM
and IP Core Networks

BW5183 MAR 17,2003 05:07 PACIFIC 8:07 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-TSI-TELECOM) TSI Announces Complete WNP Solution; Secures
Contracts with Four Major Carriers, Launches Additional Portability
Services

BW5166 MAR 17,2003 05:06 PACIFIC 8:06 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-MAPINFO)(MAPS) MapInfo CTO to Speak on Location-based
Wireless Panel at CTIA

BW5155 MAR 17,2003 05:06 PACIFIC 8:06 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-GOLDPOCKET-INTERACTIV) GoldPocket Interactive Launches EM
Mobile Matrix, Industry's First Fully Synchronous Interactive
Television and Massively Multi-Player Gaming Solution

BW5159 MAR 17,2003 05:06 PACIFIC 8:06 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-TSI) TSI Plans to Offer Financial Net Settlement Services

BW5156 MAR 17,2003 05:06 PACIFIC 8:06 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-TSI-TELECOM/INTEROP) TSI and InterOP Partner To Bring SMS
Solutions to Operators

BW2037 MAR 17,2003 05:04 PACIFIC 8:04 EASTERN
( BW)(NY-COMVERSE)(CMVT) Comverse Prepaid Service Platform Deployed At
TELE Greenland

BW5102 MAR 17,2003 05:03 PACIFIC 8:03 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-TSI-TELECOMMUNICATION) TSI Announces Launch of New WLAN
Roaming Services

BW5055 MAR 17,2003 05:02 PACIFIC 8:02 EASTERN
( BW)(MA-TELCO-SYSTEMS)(BVC.L) Telco Systems Launches a New Line of
Compact Digital Cross Connects Targeted at Wireless Service Providers

BW5031 MAR 17,2003 05:01 PACIFIC 8:01 EASTERN
( BW)(NJ-SCHEMA) Schema Launches Advanced CDMA/CDMA2000 Optimization
Solution; CDMA Carriers to Realize Increased ROI and Quality

BW5417 MAR 17,2003 04:15 PACIFIC 7:15 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-TOGABI/TELTIER/OZ) OZ, Teltier, and Togabi Announce Presence-
Based Communications Solution for Mobile Carriers; Companies to
Demonstrate Latest Technologies in HP Partner Exhibit Area

BW5444 MAR 17,2003 04:05 PACIFIC 7:05 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-TOGABI/SAMSUNG) Togabi Technologies and Samsung Announce
Major Agreement to Enable Advanced Mobile Handsets with Push-to-Talk
Functionality

BW5230 MAR 17,2003 03:02 PACIFIC 6:02 EASTERN
( BW)(CA-COMARCO)(CMRO) Comarco Wireless Test Solutions Launches
Seven.Five; The Wireless Test Family is First to Span 2G, 2.5G and 3G

BW5013 MAR 17,2003 02:30 PACIFIC 5:30 EASTERN
( BW)(AL-ADTRAN)(ADTN) ADTRAN Expands High-Capacity Wireless Offering
with Long Range DS3 and Quad T1 Radios; TRACER Products Provide up to
67% Greater Reach at Half the Cost of Comparable Systems

BW0010 MAR 16,2003 21:08 PACIFIC 00:08 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-DANGER/TRITON-PCS) Danger Announces Agreement with Triton PCS
to Deliver Wireless Data Services to Consumers in the Southeast

BW5014 MAR 16,2003 21:01 PACIFIC 00:01 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-DANGER) Danger and America Online to Expand AOL Services for
Danger's hiptop Wireless Solution; Companies Working Together to Offer
Wireless Access to AOL Mail

BW5009 MAR 16,2003 21:01 PACIFIC 00:01 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-DANGER) Danger Announces Availability of Software Development
Kit for hiptop Development Platform

BW5010 MAR 16,2003 21:01 PACIFIC 00:01 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-DANGER/TRITON-PCS) Danger Announces Agreement with Triton PCS
to Deliver Wireless Data Services to Consumers in the Southeast

BW0049 MAR 14,2003 13:27 PACIFIC 16:27 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-CTIA-WIRELESS-2003)(XYBR) ADVISORY/Xybernaut and CTIA Host
Five Panel Discussions During CTIA WIRELESS 2003 Trade Show

BW5321 MAR 14,2003 11:04 PACIFIC 14:04 EASTERN
( BW)(CO-CARRIER-ACCESS)(CACS) Carrier Access Offers Positive Proof of
Wireless Capex/Opex Savings at CTIA

BW5293 MAR 14,2003 10:06 PACIFIC 13:06 EASTERN
( BW)(ERICSSON)(ERICY) ADVISORY/Ericsson briefing regarding major
product introduction at CTIA Wireless 2003

BW5283 MAR 14,2003 09:55 PACIFIC 12:55 EASTERN
( BW)(ERICSSON)(ERICY) Ericsson Focuses on Carrier OPEX Reduction,
Revenue Generation At CTIA Wireless 2003

BW5156 MAR 14,2003 06:02 PACIFIC 9:02 EASTERN
( BW)(VA-AMERICA-ONLINE)(AOL) America Online to Showcase Latest in
Mobile Communications, Entertainment, and Community At CTIA Wireless
2003

BW5161 MAR 14,2003 05:55 PACIFIC 8:55 EASTERN
( BW)(TX-FROGPAD) FrogPad Demonstrates New Mobile Keyboard At CTIA;
FrogPad to Show World's Smallest Film Content On the Nokia 3650 Phone

BW5107 MAR 14,2003 05:01 PACIFIC 8:01 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-VANU-INC) ADVISORY/See Vanu Software Radio Demo at CTIA
Wireless 2003; Demonstration Illustrates Ease, Flexibility and
Efficiency of Software Defined Radio Wireless Technology

BW5441 MAR 13,2003 10:46 PACIFIC 13:46 EASTERN
( BW)(CO-WIRELESS-WEEK) Wireless Week Announces Winners of Annual
Excellence Awards; Nextel, Alltel, Monet, Best Buy Share Honors for
2002 Performances

BW5419 MAR 13,2003 10:06 PACIFIC 13:06 EASTERN
( BW)(CO-CARRIER-ACCESS)(CACS) Carrier Access Makes Digital Centrex
Profitable; Releases Adit 600 P-Phone Service Card

BW5419 MAR 13,2003 10:06 PACIFIC 13:06 EASTERN
( BW)(CO-CARRIER-ACCESS)(CACS) Carrier Access Makes Digital Centrex
Profitable; Releases Adit 600 P-Phone Service Card

PHOTO---BW2041  MAR 13,2003       5:00 PACIFIC      08:00 EASTERN
( BW)(CA-MOVISO) Moviso Introduces Thousands of Audio 'Trutones' to
Carrier and Handset Partners

PHOTO---BW5253  MAR 13,2003       5:03 PACIFIC      08:03 EASTERN
( BW)(MA-SKYWORKS-SOLUTIONS)(SWKS) Skyworks Expands Family of Complete
Cellular System Solutions For GSM/GPRS Mobile Terminals

BW5493 MAR 12,2003 09:35 PACIFIC 12:35 EASTERN
( BW)(LA-COMSYS-COMMUNICATIONS) Comsys Declares WLAN & EDGE
Complementary; US Market Will Benefit from Confluence of Wi-Fi and
EDGE Technologies

BW5492 MAR 11,2003 07:31 PACIFIC 10:31 EASTERN
( BW)(DC-CTIA-WIRELESS-2003) CTIA Celebrates 20 Years of Commercial
Wireless At WIRELESS 2003; Commemorative display traces remarkable
history of wireless

BW5067 MAR 11,2003 05:01 PACIFIC 8:01 EASTERN
( BW)(BRIDGEWATER) Bridgewater Systems Expands 802.11 Solutions,
Enabling Carriers to Offer Managed Wireless LAN Services to Their
Enterprise Customers

BW5154 MAR 10,2003 05:05 PACIFIC 8:05 EASTERN
( BW)(OH-ROTO-ROOTER)(CHE) Roto-Rooter Chief Information Officer
Stephen R. Poppe to Speak at CTIA Wireless 2003

BW5275 MAR 10,2003 04:04 PACIFIC 7:04 EASTERN
( BW)(MA-M-QUBE) m-Qube to Demonstrate Mobile Marketing Solutions at
CTIA WIRELESS 2003

BW5607 MAR 06,2003 13:30 PACIFIC 16:30 EASTERN
( BW)(724-SOLUTIONS)(SVNX)(SVN.TO) 724 Solutions Demonstrates Powerful
Alerting Capabilities at CTIA

BW5454 MAR 06,2003 10:11 PACIFIC 13:11 EASTERN
( BW)(DC-CTIA-WIRELESS-2003-2) Fashion In Motion -- A Catwalk of
Wireless Wearables At WIRELESS 2003; Picture a Runway of ``Ready to
Wear'' Wireless

BW5404 MAR 06,2003 09:10 PACIFIC 12:10 EASTERN
( BW)(DC-CTIA-WIRELESS-2003) Great Gadgets! It's Wireless Widgets
Galore at WIRELESS 2003; Popular Showcase Highlights Hot Trends,
Innovative Products

BW5133 MAR 04,2003 05:03 PACIFIC 8:03 EASTERN
( BW)(CA-VANU/ADC)(ADCT) ADC and Vanu, Inc. Demonstrate Software
Defined Radio for Wireless Basestations; Vanu Software Radio -- TM--
and Digivance -- TM -- Technologies Featured at CTIA Wireless 2003

BW5583 MAR 03,2003 07:15 PACIFIC 10:15 EASTERN
( BW)(CA-XPHERIX) Xpherix Goes Wireless: New Mobile Data Service
Provides Connectivity for Mobile Professionals; iPhonebook Available
on BREW, Java- and WAP-enabled Mobile Phones

BW5582 MAR 03,2003 07:14 PACIFIC 10:14 EASTERN
( BW)(CA-XPHERIX) Xpherix Launches iPhonebook on QUALCOMM's BREW
Platform; Wireless Service Puts Information Where Users Need It - On
The Mobile Phone

BW5399 FEB 27,2003 09:09 PACIFIC 12:09 EASTERN
( BW)(DC-CTIA-WIRELESS-2003) High-Profile Executives Headline Plenary
Program; Customers, Business Case, Technology are Focus of Instructive
Sessions

BW5499 FEB 25,2003 09:16 PACIFIC 12:16 EASTERN
( BW)(DC-CTIA-WIRELESS-2003) All-Star Lineup At CTIA WIRELESS 2003;
Wireless Industry Leaders Scheduled Light Up Keynote Stage

BW5093 FEB 20,2003 10:29 PACIFIC 13:29 EASTERN
( BW)(DC-CTIA-WIRELESS-2003) Special Interest Seminars Announced for
WIRELESS 2003; Diverse Roster Reflects Scope and Scale of Wireless
Community

BW0428 FEB 13,2003 14:25 PACIFIC 17:25 EASTERN
( BW)(DC-CTIA-WIRELESS-2003) CTIA WIRELESS 2003 Gears Up for Wi-Fi
Conference; Smart Pass Executive Conference Eyes the Future of
Wireless

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/