Subject: [NEXTEL-1] IBM Unveils Wi-Fi Network Printer Adapter, Dismisses Dell Printer Plans

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:27:32 -0500

___________________________________________________________
                  Computerworld Afternoon Update
                      March 25, 2003
___________________________________________________________

In this issue:

* IBM Unveils Wi-Fi Network Printer Adapter, Dismisses Dell Printer Plans
* Nortel, Cisco Extend Fibre Channel Traffic Over Sonet
* Merrill Lynch: War Will Not Hit IT Spending
* House Hearing Offers Clash Over Use Of Data Mining
* New IIS Exploit Could Be One Of Many
* Job Losses Since 9/11 Attacks Top 2.5 Million

***************SPONSOR**************************************

FREE REPORT on IT security and a $10 Amazon.com gift certificate for 10
minutes of your time to take this survey. The report will be an
abstraction of this survey by Image & Market Measurement Research. This
offer is limited to the FIRST 400 U.S. respondents. Click on the link
below. Direct questions to: [email-masked].

http://www.computerworld.com/ads/go2/5359690.html

************************************************************

IBM Unveils Wi-Fi Network Printer Adapter, Dismisses Dell Printer Plans

IBM introduced a new wireless LAN network adapter for network printers
designed to speed up installation, and dismissed plans by Dell to make
its own printers.

http://computerworld.com/newsletter/0%2C4902%2C79704%2C0.html?nlid=PM

____________________________________________________________

Nortel, Cisco Extend Fibre Channel Traffic Over Sonet

Both companies today announced new technology allowing their switches
to transport block-level data over distance for disaster recovery and
business continuity purposes.

http://computerworld.com/newsletter/0%2C4902%2C79700%2C0.html?nlid=PM

____________________________________________________________

Merrill Lynch: War Will Not Hit IT Spending

Although the war may not dramatically slow IT spending, its end won't
necessary give spending a boost either, according to a survey of 100
CIOs by Merrill Lynch.

http://computerworld.com/newsletter/0%2C4902%2C79705%2C0.html?nlid=PM

***************SPONSOR**************************************

This issue sponsored by VERITAS Software

Your CEO Needs His E-mail-Not Your Pager Number!

Keep E-MAIL up and running 24x7, and ELIMINATE planned and unplanned
DOWNTIME with VERITAS Solutions for EXCHANGE. Unmatched AVAILABILITY of
Exchange. Undying APPROVAL from your CEO. Get the WHITE PAPER now!

http://www.computerworld.com/ads/go2/5359700.html

************************************************************

House Hearing Offers Clash Over Use Of Data Mining

A coalition of privacy groups wants the U.S. Congress to halt the
creation of a federal database of airline-passenger profiles until more
details are available.

http://computerworld.com/newsletter/0%2C4902%2C79702%2C0.html?nlid=PM

____________________________________________________________

New IIS Exploit Could Be One Of Many

The exploit was posted to two online discussion lists frequented by
computer security experts.

http://computerworld.com/newsletter/0%2C4902%2C79701%2C0.html?nlid=PM

____________________________________________________________

Job Losses Since 9/11 Attacks Top 2.5 Million

Hardest hit were the transportation and aerospace industries, according
to a Chicago-based employment consultant, but the flood of IT job cuts
seems to have slowed.

http://computerworld.com/newsletter/0%2C4902%2C79703%2C0.html?nlid=PM

***************SPONSOR**************************************

Are you wrestling with storage and data management in today's
challenging business climate? Is your infrastructure under increased
pressure? Are business continuity worries keeping you up at night?
Attend Storage Networking World, April 14-17 at the JW Marriott Desert
Ridge Resort, Phoenix Arizona, where you'll see valuable user case
studies and you'll get a Storage Networking Industry Association
(SNIA)-endorsed education. See details at
http://www.computerworld.com/ads/go2/5189681.html

************************************************************

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/