Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Foldaway QWERTY keyboard for cell phones

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:56:34 -0500

3/25/03

Foldaway QWERTY keyboard for cell phones

ATELAB Research has developed a new cellular phone with enhanced text editing
capabilities. The phone will be equipped with a newly developed interface called Enhanced
eDition Interface Terminal (EDiT). When EDiT is not in use, i.e. with its keypad
concealed, a phone equipped with this interface looks like a traditional cellular phone.
The primary numerical keypad enables making and receiving calls, and provides full support
of menu, voice mail, SMS, EMS just like any other ordinary cellular phone.

The innovation is an additional alphanumerical keypad that slides out from the phone. The
user holds the phone in one hand and enters text with his other hand on the additional
alphanumerical keypad. In case of an incoming call, the additional keypad can be retracted
with one move and the conversation can begin, just like in a traditional cellular phone.

The EDiT interface also facilitates the use of WAP service and the phone's build-in
calendar and organizer features. Depending on the phone's version, the additional
alphanumerical keypad can be extracted in the same way as a blade from a pocketknife, or
connected as an accessory on an arm under the phone.

Presently intensive tests of the interface's prototype are in progress, although no
details of any commercial parties was disclosed.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/