Subject: [NEXTEL-1] While Ericsson Demos PTT Over Networks

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:02:06 -0500

While Ericsson Demos PTT Over Networks

MARCH 17, 2003

NEW ORLEANS--As expected, Ericsson and other companies used CTIA Wireless 2003 to announce
various developments in
push-to-talk technologies, including Ericsson's demonstration of cross-technology
push-to-talk over CDMA2000 and GSM/GPRS.

Ericsson Instant Talk is based on the IP Multimedia System core network open interfaces
and is designed to work across GSM/GPRS,
EDGE, CDMA2000, W-CDMA and wireless local area networks. The Ericsson Instant Talk
solution will offer PTT functionality combined
with presence services. The solution is implemented on the Ericsson IPMM platform, which
is identical for all of the above-mentioned
technologies, providing operators with an access-technology-transparent IP multimedia
subsystem.

The Ericsson Instant Talk solution will be commercially available during the second half
2003.

Separately, Ericsson says it has installed its technology to integrate MMS, including
custom extensions and services, into Verizon
Wireless' existing nationwide CDMA2000 network. Ericsson says is MMS solution is
technology agnostic and based on the MSS
standard approved by 3GPP and 3GPP2.

Ericsson and Starcomms also announced a CDMA2000 1X upgrade contract to deploy Ericsson's
Total CDMA2000 Solution in Lagos,

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=4&pubdate=03/17/03
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/