Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:44:11 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, March 18, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Raytheon Announces New RMPA2453-251 Power Amplifier
2) Wavecom and Multi-Tech Partner to Develop Wireless Modems
3) RF Micro Devices Begins Shipments of New WLAN 802.11b Transceiver Solution Featuring
Lower Cost, Reduced Component Count and Improved Performance
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Raytheon Announces New RMPA2453-251 Power Amplifier
 
The RF Components Division of Raytheon Company has announced the introduction of the
RMPA2453-251 power amplifier, designed specifically for high-performance WLAN applications
in the 2.4-2.5 GHz frequency band, optimised for 802.11b and g applications. Downloadable
pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17962/793725
 
2) Wavecom and Multi-Tech Partner to Develop Wireless Modems
 
Wavecom, Inc. and Multi-Tech Systems, Inc. announced at the CTIA Wireless 2003 show a
partnership that combines Wavecom's wireless technology with Multi-Tech's embedded and
external data communications products. Wavecom will supply Multi-Tech with WISMO(R) Quik
integrated wireless modules for use in a new line of embedded and external wireless
modems...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17963/793725
 
3) RF Micro Devices Begins Shipments of New WLAN 802.11b Transceiver Solution Featuring
Lower Cost, Reduced Component Count and Improved Performance
 
RF Micro Devices, Inc., a leading provider of proprietary radio frequency integrated
circuits (RFICs) for wireless communications applications, today announced it has begun
shipments of its second-generation wireless LAN (WLAN) transceiver for 802.11b
applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17964/793725

------------------------- 
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
-------------------------
 
This week, the Wireless Design Online download library features a new paper by Interactive
Circuits and Systems Ltd., "Multi-Channel Multi-Band VHF Software Radio Based Receiver
Eliminates RF Down Conversion." The advent of Software Radio has promised great hope for
radio communications by offering ease of design and flexibility that was not previously
possible. The push is to place the ADC as close as possible to the antenna, thereby
performing a variety of receive functionalities in the digital domain. Visit the link
below to download the paper in pdf format.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17973/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Multi-Mix(R) Filter Line
2) Metallized Fabric Gaskets
3) Coaxial In-Line Amplifier
4) RF and Microwave Design
5) Broadband Linear Gain Amplifier
6) XP1002 26.0-40.0 GHz GaAs MMIC Power Amplifier 
7) SMARTS II Area Monitors
8) SIwave(TM) Software
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Multi-Mix(R) Filter Line
 
Merrimac's filters are manufactured using our patented Multi-Mix(R) multilayer fabrication
process. This allows us to manufacture these parts in high quantities at lower costs. We
use fusion-bonded stripline, which provides us with performance benefits at high
frequencies....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17965/793725
 
2) Metallized Fabric Gaskets
 
MAJR Products' Metallized Fabric Gasketing -- a combination of a metallized, woven nylon
cover over a foam core -- provides superior EMI/RFI shielding. Metallized Fabric Gaskets
are designed to meet the higher frequency requirements for present and future EMI/RFI
performance standards for electronic enclosures....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17966/793725
 
3) Coaxial In-Line Amplifier
 
The AFSX series is a series of coaxial in-line amplifiers in either the entire 0.1-20 GHz
range or optimized in octave and multioctave bands. The amplifiers readily fit into
coaxial cable assemblies, receiving antenna systems and any test and measurement system.
Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17967/793725
 
4) RF and Microwave Design
 
OMP designs and manufactures a broad range of RF and microwave products. We take a
wireless product from the conceptual phase all the way through to manufacturing. Our
standard and custom design work includes converters, power amplifiers, low noise
amplifiers and local oscillators....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17968/793725
 
5) Broadband Linear Gain Amplifier
 
The RF2351 is a broadband linear amplifier designed specifically for digital
communications systems. With a frequency range of 1710MHz-1910MHz, it is suitable for use
in CDMA or TDMA systems in the PCS band....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17969/793725
 
6) XP1002 26.0-40.0 GHz GaAs MMIC Power Amplifier 
 
Mimix Broadband's two stage 26.0-40.0 GHz GaAs MMIC power amplifier is optimized for
linear operation with a typical third order intercept point of +36.0 dBm. The device also
includes Lange couplers to achieve good input/output return loss and an on-chip
temperature compensated output power detector. Downloadable pdf datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17970/793725
 
7) SMARTS II Area Monitors 
 
SMARTS monitors operate like common household smoke detectors to provide continuous
detection of RF radiation. Using the latest, ultra-wideband sensor technology of the
Nardalert XT Personal Monitors, the SMARTS II covers most of the usable RF spectrum in a
single monitor, its dual sensor accurately detecting all types of electric fields from 2
MHz to 100 GHz....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17971/793725
 
8) SIwave(TM) Software
 
With the increasing speed and diminishing size of today's high-speed devices,
signal-integrity analysis alone is not enough. SIwave, full-wave software for the advanced
analysis of printed circuit boards (PCBs), components, and packages, addresses the
rigorous demands placed on high-speed designers....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17972/793725

-------------------------------------------------------------
COMPLIMENTARY WIRELESS DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT SUBSCRIPTION
-------------------------------------------------------------
 
The monthly magazine of new products, systems, and equipment for engineers, designers and
managers whose work involves commercial microwave and RF development. Your 12-month
subscription brings you the latest information on the tools you need to advance your work.
Your subscription also includes the annual Buyers' Guide edition, published in July, which
will allow you to quickly and easily locate key suppliers of products and equipment for
your work. Visit the link below to get your complimentary subscription today.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/17974/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/