Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:14:53 -0500

=============================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, March 27, 2003
================================================================
 
------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) MobilePro Announces Five Patents Covering Smart Antenna Technology for Wireless Market
2) Using PLLs to Obtain Carrier Synchronization
3) IMEC seeks patent protection on aspects of space-time block coding 
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) MobilePro Announces Five Patents Covering Smart Antenna Technology for Wireless Market
 
MobilePro Corp. announced today that it has been awarded five patents for its CDMA and
Wideband-CDMA smart antenna processing technology. These patents protect some of the core
design and processes of the company's wireless modem technology....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20023/793725
 
2) Using PLLs to Obtain Carrier Synchronization: Part 1
 
An important task for a digital communications receiver is to remove any frequency/phase
offsets that might exist between the transmitter and receiver oscillators. Designers
typically implement a carrier-recovery loop to remove this offset....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20023/793725
 
3) IMEC seeks patent protection on aspects of space-time block coding 
 
IMEC, an independent research organization that specializes in process technology, design
tool and RF engineering, has applied for patent coverage on aspects of the space-time
block coding (STBC) modulation scheme....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20023/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
 
Just added to the Wireless Design Online download library is the BT-GPRS Series Modems
datasheet from Blue Tree Wireless Data Inc. BT-GPRS Series modems offer the highest power
transceiver possible in a GPRS device. Coupled with its low-loss screw-on antenna
connection for maximum signal strength, you can be sure that you will get the information
where and when you need it. Click on the link below to download the datasheet in pdf
format.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20032/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Surface Mount Display
2) Elastomer Core Gaskets
3) BCAP0010 Ultracapacitors
4) TX-Line Transmission Line Calculator 
5) Ruggedized C-Band Frequency Synthesizer 
6) Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillator 
7) ICS-652 ADC Board
8) 1.0 GHz Divide By 2/4/8 Prescaler
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Surface Mount Display
 
Excel Technology provides an extensive selection of LED technology that includes white,
multi color, green, blue, yellow, orange, amber, red, yellow green, and water transparent
colors in various industry standard sizes including 0402, 0603, 0805, and 1206....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20024/793725
 
2) Elastomer Core Gaskets
 
MAJR Products' knitted wire mesh over an elastomeric core is ideal for low-pressure, high
resiliency applications. The two layers of mesh provide a low-resistance path for
excellent EMI/RFI shielding while the elastomer core provides low-pressure compressibility
with an extremely high degree of resilience....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20025/793725
 
3) BCAP0010 Ultracapacitors
 
With a capacitance of 2600 farads at 2.5 volts, and in a cylindrical 60 x 172 mm package,
Maxwell's BCAP0010 ultracapacitor is ideal for automotive subsystems, medical devices,
UPS/backup power, and many other applications requiring a pulse of energy that cannot be
efficiently provided by a battery or power supply alone....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20026/793725
 
4) TX-Line Transmission Line Calculator 
 
TX-Line is a FREE easy-to-use, Windows-based, interactive transmission line calculator for
the analysis and synthesis of transmission line structures. TXline lets users enter either
physical characteristics or electrical characteristic for common transmission media...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20027/793725
 
5) Ruggedized C-Band Frequency Synthesizer 
 
Elcom MFS compact devices employ a single module design implemented with CMOS, ASICs,
advanced MMICs and a dedicated microprocessor. A C-band synthesizer with 125 KHz or 1 KHz
step, up to 1.2 GHz bandwidth and an integrated PLDRO requires only 8 watts of DC power...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20028/793725
 
6) Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillator 
 
Corning's Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillator (VCXO) is a crystal controlled oscillator
where the frequency changes in direct proportion to the application of a control voltage.
Another term for this phenomenon is Frequency Modulation, or FM. Frequency Modulation is
achieved by impressing a voltage on a modulator...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20029/793725
 
7) ICS-652 ADC Board
 
The ICS-652 ADC board is for high-precision and high-speed data acquisition. Designed for
use in a wide range of data acquisition applications, including radar, communications,
nondestructive testing, ultrasound and high-energy experimental physics, the ICS-652 comes
with four different 'plug-in' tuner options....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20030/793725
 
8) 1.0 GHz Divide By 2/4/8 Prescaler
 
The UPB1509GV is a Silicon RFIC digital prescaler manufactured with the NESAT IV silicon
bipolar process. It features frequency response to 1 GHz, selectable divide-by-two, four,
or eight modes, and operates from a 3 to 5 volt supply while drawing only 5.3
milliamps....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20033/793725

-------------------------------------------------------------
COMPLIMENTARY WIRELESS DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT SUBSCRIPTION
-------------------------------------------------------------
 
The monthly magazine of new products, systems, and equipment for engineers, designers and
managers whose work involves commercial microwave and RF development. Your 12-month
subscription brings you the latest information on the tools you need to advance your work.
Your subscription also includes the annual Buyers' Guide edition, published in July, which
will allow you to quickly and easily locate key suppliers of products and equipment for
your work. Visit the link below to get your complimentary subscription today.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20034/793725

-------------------------------------
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
-------------------------------------
 
OSHA Training and Certification
>From occupational safety to workplace violence this network offers a variety of training and certification programs for any user.  Access the complete list of programs here.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20031/793725 
 
Visit our Training Network for a complete breakdown of our educational programs.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20035/793725

Six Sigma
 
Are your Six Sigma projects on track? Are your Black Belts providing the proper training
to team members? If not, then you may want to get your team members some of the most basic
improvement tools. Specials this month!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20036/793725

-------------------------------------
INDUSTRY EVENTS
-------------------------------------
 
WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions, including
profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and capacity, prepaid
services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage you to visit IIR Telecoms
and technology's web site for a complete listing of upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20037/793725

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
CONSULTING SERVICES
Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online Consulting
Services. With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy to use service
ensures you'll get the right firm, every time. 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20038/793725
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Artemis HR to bring you targeted resume and job
search capabilities.  Visit today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/20039/793725
 
==========================================================
If you need to update your Wireless Design Online e-mail account please visit: 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/newsletter/modify_address.asp

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/