Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Chicago Transit Authority to implement fiber-based wireless distributed antenna network

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:43:29 -0500

As Previously reported

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/message/5715

------------------------------------------------

CTA selects 
Allgon for tunnel coverage

March 24, 2003 
1:01 PM EST

FT. WORTH, Texas

Allgon Telecom Ltd., in partnership with Aldridge Electric Inc., has been chosen to
provide wireless telecommunications coverage for the Chicago Transit Authority rapid
subway tunnels, underground stations and station passageways. 

The system will be composed of Allgon’s fiber-based distributed antenna network, which
will transmit mobile radio signals from radio base stations positioned outside of the
subway tunnel system. It will support all major U.S. wireless carriers, as well as enhance
communications for the Chicago Transit Authority, the Chicago Police Department, the
Chicago Fire Department and EMS. 

Allgon has extensive experience with subway systems, having completed projects including:
the Berlin Subway, the Santiago Metro, the Brussels Metro, the Moscow Metro, the Taipei
TRTC, the Bonn Metro, the Santiago Metro, the Rio Metro, the Buenos Aires Metro, the
Nurnberg Metro, the Valencia Metro, the Railway Soderhamn in Sweden, the Arlanda Express
fast-rail link and a high-speed train in Spain. 

The 18-month installation, covering two 11.4 mile tunnels, will begin immediately and
limited service will be available to carriers in seven to nine months. 

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=7763

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/