Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Technology Expo 2003:

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:30:59 -0500

Santa Barbara News-Press, Calif., Business Calendar Column
Source: Santa Barbara News-Press
Publication date: 2003-03-26

Mar. 26--TODAY

SCORE counseling: 8:30 a.m. until noon, Boys & Girls Club, 632 E. Canon
Perdido St.

Technology Expo 2003: At the Radisson Hotel Santa Maria from 9 a.m. to 3
p.m. Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce and corporate sponsor
Nextel. Fee is $35 and includes continental breakfast, lunch, and a
workshop notebook filled with class notes and money-saving coupons. For
more information or to register, call 925-2403, ext. 817.

Leads Club: Coed lunch meeting at The University Club. Speakers are Will
Jones, CPA, and Suzanne Duffy, Mary Kay beauty consultant. Visitors
encouraged. Contact Daniel at 730-7233.

Leads Club: Women's lunch chapter meets at The Palace Cafe Restaurant
from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Scheduled speakers are: Joyce Saunders, First
Capital; Tricia Taylor, State Farm Insurance for Robbie Faeh; and Deborah
Alliano, Mary Kay Cosmetics. Contact Miriam Lindbeck at 564-4414.

THURSDAY

Projects update: Santa Barbara Region Chamber of Commerce, government
relations council, 7:30 a.m. Community Development Director Paul Casey is
to give a status update on the Hotel Carrillo, Fess Parker's hotel project and
the Wright family project.

Mixer: OfficeSmart! and Santa Barbara Region Chamber of Commerce, 5:30
to 7:30 p.m. at OfficeSmart!, 4430 Hollister Ave. Call OfficeSmart! for details
at 692-2823. A leather executive chair will be given away in a drawing.

TUESDAY

Santa Barbara Networking Club: Breakfast meeting, 7:35 a.m. at Victoria's
Cafe, 2220 Bath St. Discussions by members on business issues and
strategies. Scheduled speaker: Tobias Hildebrand, Realtor, Prudential
California Realty.

Leads Club: Women's division, meets at 11:45 a.m. at Brigitte's, 1325 State
St. Scheduled speakers are Janie Arnold with Haagen Printing; Kathleen
Boisen, doctor of Oriental medicine; and Julie Summers with Julie Summers
Productions. For reservations, call Janie Arnold at 962-7621.

APRIL 2

Leads Club: Women's lunch chapter, meets at The Palace Cafe Restaurant
from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Scheduled speakers are Miriam Lindbeck,
non-denominational minister; Deborah McGerry, RE/MAX Realtor; and Tracy
LeBlanc, Relax the Back. Contact Deborah Alliano at 683-1838.

Leads Club: Coed lunch meeting at 12:30 p.m. at The University Club.
Speakers are Marta Martine of Martine Business Development and Deborah
Lyons L.Ac. Visitors welcome. Contact Daniel at 730-7233.

APRIL 9

13th annual Strawberry Growers, Sales Association & Cooler Recognition
Dinner: Santa Maria Elks Lodge No. 1538. Sponsored by Santa Maria
Valley Chamber of Commerce and California Giant.

Leads Club: Coed group meets at 12:30 p.m. at The University Club.
Speakers are Gregory R. Lowe, attorney at law, and Spencer McMullen of
Quality Mortgage. Visitors welcome. Contact Daniel at 730-7233.

APRIL 11

Environment Day: Joe Campanelli of Campanelli Construction, president of
the Santa Barbara Contractors Association, will be a panelist for Leadership
Santa Barbara County. He also will represent the Santa Barbara Green
Building Alliance.

APRIL 15

Central Coast Computer Club: Meets at the Knollwood Village Clubhouse,
4012 S. Bradley Road in Orcutt. "Special Interest Groups" start at 5:45 p.m.
for systems, 6 p.m. for novice and orientation. Business meeting 7 p.m.
Visitors are welcome. Contact Charles at 937-1240.

APRIL 25

"Innovation: The Value Imperative": Panel discussion from 1 to 5 p.m.
hosted by the UCSB Center for Entrepreneurship and Engineering
Management.

Send information for the Business Calendar to Business Editor, Santa
Barbara News-Press, P.O. Box 1359, Santa Barbara 93102; fax it to
966-6258; or e-mail it to businessnewsnewspress.com.
http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=37628668&ID=cnniw&scategory=Business+and+Finance&

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Your own Online Store Selling our Overstock.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/