Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 02:36:23 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, March 4, 2003
================================================================
 
--------------------------
FEATURED DOWNLOADS
--------------------------
 
Visit the Wireless Design Online download library today for the most recent product
datasheets from American Technical Ceramics (ATC). Download complete pdf datasheets on
ATC's Power Assemblies, Multilayer Capacitors, Microwave Capacitors, and more...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/15050/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Uniden and Micro Linear Team to Deliver New 5.8GHz Digital Spread Spectrum Phones
2) RF Micro Devices Announces GaN Process Technology Milestone and Availability of First
GaN Power Amplifiers
3) Nujira's Breakthrough Technology to Reduce Cellular Basestation Costs
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Uniden and Micro Linear Team to Deliver New 5.8GHz Digital Spread Spectrum Phones;
Communications Semiconductor Company Selected as Exclusive Source of RF Chips For Newest
Cordless Phone Lines
 
SAN JOSE, Calif., Mar 03, 2003 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via Comtex/ -- Micro Linear (Nasdaq:
MLIN) today announced an agreement with Uniden America Corporation under which the company
will supply crucial radio frequency (RF) integrated circuits for Uniden's newest 5.8GHz
cordless phone products....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/15038/793725
 
2) RF Micro Devices Announces GaN Process Technology Milestone and Availability of First
GaN Power Amplifiers
 
RF Micro Devices, Inc. (Nasdaq: RFMD), a leading provider of proprietary radio frequency
integrated circuits (RFICs) for wireless communications applications, today announced
achievement of a major milestone toward the commercialization of gallium nitride (GaN) RF
power technology....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/15039/793725
 
3) Nujira's Breakthrough Technology to Reduce Cellular Basestation Costs; Patent-Pending
Technology Optimises Wireless Transmitter Efficiency
 
CAMBRIDGE, England, Mar 3, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Nujira Ltd., a Cambridge start-up,
today announced their patent-pending power amplifier technology that can lead to
significant reductions in basestation costs, a solution that will be welcomed by mobile
infrastructure equipment manufacturers and operators....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/15040/793725

-----------------------------------------------------
FREE WIRELESS DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT SUBSCRIPTION
-----------------------------------------------------
 
The monthly magazine of new products, systems, and equipment for engineers, designers and
managers whose work involves commercial microwave and RF development. Your 12-month
subscription brings you the latest information on the tools you need to advance your work.
Your subscription also includes the annual Buyers' Guide edition, published in July, which
will allow you to quickly and easily locate key suppliers of products and equipment for
your work. Visit the link below to get your free subscription today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/15051/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Ansoft Designer(TM)
2) EMR Series Instruments
3) 40LN3UA0063 35.0-45.0 GHz GaAs MMIC Low Noise Amplifier 
4) 31-40 GHz Low Noise Amplifier
5) Specialty Foams, Foils, and Films 
6) Drop-In DRO
7) Stratum 100-200 mbps Ethernet+ 2 T1 link
8) Orban Microwave Products 
9) Multi-Mix PICO(TM) Power Dividers
10) Spectrum Analyzer
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Ansoft Designer(TM)
 
Three-in-One Capabilities Ansoft Designer is the only integrated software package with a
combination of electromagnetic solvers for quasi-static, planar, and (with HFSS) 3D
problem solving capabilities that are fully integrated with system- and circuit-level
design via solver-on-demand....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/15041/793725
 
2) EMR Series Instruments
 
The EMR Series offers simple operation and highly dependable results -- from EMR-20 /
EMR-30, designed primarily for industrial and medical applications, to the more flexible
EMR-200 / EMR-300....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/15042/793725
 
3) 40LN3UA0063 35.0-45.0 GHz GaAs MMIC Low Noise Amplifier 
 
Mimix Broadband's three stage 35.0-45.0 GHz GaAs MMIC low noise amplifier has a typical
small signal gain of 21.0 dB with a typical noise figure of 3.0 dB across the band. This
MMIC uses Mimix Broadband's 0.15 um GaAs PHEMT device model technology, and is based upon
electron beam lithography to ensure high repeatability and uniformity. Downloadable pdf
datasheet available....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/15043/793725
 
4) 31-40 GHz Low Noise Amplifier
 
The new RMLA31400 Low Noise Amplifier from Raytheon RF Components is a three-stage MMIC
device designed for 31 to 40 GHz operation. Fabricated using Raytheon RF Components'
production GaAs MHEMT process, the amplifier is ideal for a variety of low noise
applications including point-to point, point-to-multipoint and LMDS radio
communications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/15044/793725
 
5) Specialty Foams, Foils, and Films 
 
Advanced Materials is a leading manufacturer and fabricator of specialty foams, foils,
films and pressure-sensitive adhesive components serving a broad base of domestic and
international customers in the computer, medical, automotive, aerospace and
telecommunications industries....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/15057/793725
 
6) Drop-In DRO
 
Operating in the frequency range of 4.5 GHz to 15 GHz, the series provides up to +10 dBm
RF output power, and offers mechanical tuning, built-in voltage regulator, and reverse
voltage protection as standard features. Available options are electronic tuning, and low
phase noise....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/15046/793725
 
7) Stratum 100-200 mbps Ethernet+ 2 T1 link
 
The Stratum 100 is the industry's fastest license-exempt wirefree radio system offering
100 Mbps full-duplex throughput for Fast Ethernet transport. In addition, two T1 channels
are available for PBX connections, T1 channel bank, T1 video codec and other TDM
applications....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/15047/793725
 
8) Orban Microwave Products 
 
Orban Microwave Products (OMP) designs and manufactures wireless radio and antenna
products for both the commercial and high-end markets. OMP was established as an
independent RF and microwave design organization concentrating on projects in the 1 to 20
GHz frequency range....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/15052/793725
 
9) Multi-Mix PICO(TM) Power Dividers
 
The Multi-Mix(R) PDD-Z series provides an in-phase, binary power divider with low
insertion loss in a small outline. Accurate phase and amplitude balance make them ideal
for applications involving IQ networks, power amplifiers, signal distribution and
processing....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/15048/793725
 
10) Spectrum Analyzer
 
AeroComm's Spectrum Analyzer (SA3000) is a compact, cost-effective, PC-based instrument
covering the entire 2.4 GHz ISM band. The device identifies optimal locations for wireless
equipment and alerts installers to potential interferers. When combined with a laptop
computer, SA3000 enables comprehensive remote site surveillance at virtually any
location....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/15049/793725

==========================================================
WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions, including
profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and capacity, prepaid
services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage you to visit IIR Telecoms
and technology's web site for a complete listing of upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/15053/793725
 
==========================================================

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/