Subject: [Mobopts] Multicast Mobility mailing list

From: "Suresh Krishnan \(QB/EMC\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 02:45:13 -0400

Hi Folks,
 
We wanted to inform you that we have created a new mailing list in order
to discuss the interactions occuring between mobility and multicast. We
invite anyone interested in contributing to the work to subscribe and
collaborate. To register visit the list page at:
 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multimob
 
Several of you have expressed interest in this work and some documents
already exist without a home working group.
 
The primary problem that we foresee being discussed in the mailing list
is issues with Multicast listener (receiver) mobility for multicast
routing. There are several other associated problems like sender
mobility, which can also be discussed.
 
Thanks
Suresh and Behcet

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:54:22 -0700

Hi Suresh,

Good to see interest on this topic.

As you may be aware, MobOpts has been looking into this topic for a while
now. draft-schmidt-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-02.txt is a good document
illustrating the problems and existing approaches to solving them, with
about 50 references. This is adopted as the RG document.

I think we will have interesting work to do starting with the problem
description (with possibly more than one work item). It would be good to
have the interests channeled together for maximum benefit.

MobOpts has also been successful in handing over relatively mature topics to
IETF WGs when it makes sense. This is also something we can investigate on
this topic.

Regards,

-Rajeev

On 4/22/07 11:45 PM, "ext Suresh Krishnan (QB/EMC)"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Mipshop mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:32:31 -0700

------ Forwarded Message
From: ext Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:54:22 -0700
To: "ext Suresh Krishnan (QB/EMC)" <[email-masked]>,
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Conversation: [Mipshop] Multicast Mobility mailing list
Subject: [Mip4] Re: [Mipshop] Multicast Mobility mailing list

Hi Suresh,

Regards,

-Rajeev

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

------ End of Forwarded Message