Subject: [Mobopts] New ID: Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem Statement

From: Thomas C Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:15:41 +0200

Hi all,

we submitted the first version of the RG ID of the problem statement
draft on extending Multicast to Mobility.

It should be in the ID directory soon and can immediatly be downloaded
under:

http://www.realmv6.org/papers/draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-00.txt

As we are preparing for an extension regarding layer 2 issues for Chicago:

      Does anybody have (or have a pointer to) *802.16 Wimax*
      point-to-multipoint experiments resp. measurements?

Details:

        Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem Statement and Brief Survey
               <draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-00.txt>

Abstract

      In this document we discuss mobility extensions to current IP layer
    multicast solutions. Problems arising from mobile group communication
    in general, in the case of multicast listener mobility and for mobile
    Any Source Multicast as well as Source Specific Multicast senders are
    documented. Characteristic aspects of multicast routing and
    deployment issues are summarized. The principal approaches to the
    multicast mobility problems are outlined subsequently.

The new document contains a number of clarification, language fixes and
minor additions.

Looking forward to your hints & discussions!

See you in Chicago,

thomas

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts