Subject: [Mobopts] Review: FW: draft-weniger-mobopts-mip6-cnlocpriv-01.txt

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 09:36:46 -0700

Hello,

I had asked for a review of this draft. Vijay and Kuntal have provided their
input.
I am forwarding their reviews and Kilian¹s responses.

Regards,

-Rajeev

------ Forwarded Message
From: ext Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 04:45:04 -0500
To: "Koodli Rajeev (NSN - US/Palo Alto)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ext Chowdhury, Kuntal" <[email-masked]>, ext Kilian
Weniger <[email-masked]>
Conversation: draft-weniger-mobopts-mip6-cnlocpriv-01.txt
Subject: Re: draft-weniger-mobopts-mip6-cnlocpriv-01.txt

I looked at this draft again. I have a few concerns.

This draft assumes that the mobile node is able to bootstrap a
home agent close to the CN. This is a *big* assumption since
it is not know what kind of CNs the MN might have sessions with
and if it is possible to always find an ORHA close to the CN.
The draft punts the problem to MIP6 bootstrapping solutions, but
the MIP6 bootstrapping solutions do assume some kind of trust
between the MN and the domain hosting the HA. The bootstrapping
solutions do not assume scenarios where the HAs are selected
from arbitrary domains.

How close is the ORHA to the CN? The ORHA does know the real
CoA of the MN. If the ORHA and the CN are in the same domain
then the CN could potentially get the MN information from the
ORHA.

I also would like to know if this draft belongs in mobopts? To
describe this draft briefly, the solution involves configuring
a home agent (ORHA) close to the CN using MIP6 bootstrapping
solutions and using the ORHA (either through bi-direction
tunneling or using route optimization between the MN and the
ORHA) to route the packets to the CN. If this is the right way
to have Route Optimization with location privacy with a CN,
perhaps it should be taken directly to the MIP6 or MIPSHOP WGs?
Do we want people to experiment with this solution before
standardizing this in the IETF? In fact this solution being
proposed depends more on deployment considerations (having an
ORHA close to the CN).

Vijay

Rajeev Koodli wrote:
> Hi Vijay and Kuntal,
>
> I spoke to you guys about this draft. I am interested in your feedback on
> this draft which proposes to hide the location of a MN from a CN using an
> agent "closer to a CN". Could you please take a look at the draft and let me
> know your thoughts?
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mip6/draft-weniger-mobopts-mip6-cnlocpriv-01.txt
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Rajeev
>

------ End of Forwarded Message

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts