Subject: [Modern] Eric Rescorla's No Objection on draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework-03: (with COMMENT)

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 08:36:52 -0800

Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

   from a Registrar.  Today, a user wishing to acquire a freephone
   number may browse the existing inventory through one or more
   Registrars, comparing their prices and services.  Each such Registrar
what's a "freephone number"

   kept by the Registry, TNs assigned to a User are always considered
   assigned, not inventory.In this use case, after receiving a number
   assignment from the Registrar, a User will then obtain communications
You said this above.

   Eithert administrative or service data may be made publicly available
   by the authority that generates and provisions it.  Under most
Nit: "Eitehr"

   have a means of authenticating the source of the query, and of
   protecting the integrity and confidentiality of its responses.
Also, aren't there privacy type issues in the retrieval of the service data?
I.e., I would assume we don't want random people to retrieve the service data
associated with a TN.