Subject: [Modern] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework-03: (with COMMENT)

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 19:06:12 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

>From Linda Dunbar, as OPS DIR reviewer:

The draft brought up a very interesting aspect of Telephone Numbers (TNs),
especially the mobile phone number which is widely used for getting "secure
code" for secure access to very sensitive content, such as bank account.

However, the draft only describes how today's TNs are acquired and managed
(e.g. the Use cases in Section 4). Two issues with the draft: 1) The draft
didn't have the content to describe what is the problems with the current
practices. (I was expecting to read the "problems" when I started to read the
draft) 2) The draft didn't describe the problems of using mobile phone number
for authenticating the access to sensitive data content.