Subject: [Modern] Ben Campbell's Yes on draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework-03: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 19:44:13 -0800

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework-03: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am balloting yes, but I do have a few minor comments:

Substantive:

§1: "An enterprise, for example, can deploy an IP PBX that
   receives a block of telephone numbers from a carrier and then in turn
   distribute those numbers to new IP telephones when they associate
   with the PBX. "
That's been true for PBX's since well before the advent of IP PBXs.

§2.1, Numbering Authority: "A regulatory body within a country"
I suspect "country" should be "region", since the definition goes on to
consider non-country domains.

Editorial and Nits:

§2.1, last paragraph (before figure): "and it issues 10,000 blocks of TNs to
CSPs" Should that be "10,000 blocks" or "blocks of 10,000 TNs"?

§4.1.1:
Please define "freephone".
Last paragraph: "... not inventory.In  ..."
Missing space after period.

§4.2.3.1: "   In a similar model to common practice in some environments
today..." Should that be a "model similar to common practice"?

§4.3, 2nd to last paragraph: The paragraph seems to end mid-sentence.

§4.3.1: s/ Eithert / Either