Subject: [Monami6] Ping on status

From: Chan-Wah Ng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 17:02:27 +0800

Hello all,

The list has been mostly quiet since its incarnation.  Like to ping
everyone to make sure we are still interested in this work ;)

Its been while since we last talk about the possible MONAMI6 BoF.  Like
to know the current status of MONAMI6 BoF.  Is there any progress with
regard to a possible BoF in Paris?

I know that we have been working on the drafts (mostly
draft-montavont-mobileip-multihoming-pb-statement-04.txt, and some of
draft-ernst-generic-goals-and-benefits), but there seems to be no more
activity since may.

May I also inquire the editors of their targeted dates of release of the
drafts? 

/rgds
/cwng

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 18:16:28 +0900

Well, good some post on the list, but the reason why we have not
initiated the discussion is:

1. the draft are under revision and the revision is not complete yet
(availability of people is not always what it should be) but we still
expect to clean the open issues between authors in the next week
(optimistic ?)

2. we don't want to get comments on the older drafts because we are
working on the new drafts

3. Because of reasons 1 and 2 I've not yet made a formal annoucement on
the IETF general mailing list and MIP6, NEMO and other MLs.

My objective is  to issue a draft charter in the next week. Hopefully,
the drafts would be ready by that time and I will be able to move
forward on this.

Anyway, ChanWah, thanks for urging us to work harder if we want to make
this BOF by next IETF.

PS: note that we are only 25 on this list (because of reason 3)

Thierry

On Tue, 10 May 2005 17:02:27 +0800
Chan-Wah Ng <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Its been while since we last talk about the possible MONAMI6 BoF. 
> Like to know the current status of MONAMI6 BoF.  Is there any progress
> with regard to a possible BoF in Paris?
> 
> May I also inquire the editors of their targeted dates of release of
> the drafts?

---

From: Sung-Hyuck Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 19:18:48 +0900

Hi all,

I think that we need to make some strategies (?) to establish BOF at 
63rd IETF Paris Meeting according to the follow schedule.

- May 18, Wednesday - Working Group and BOF scheduling begins
- July 5, Tuesday - Working Group Chair approval for initiation 
  document (Version -00) submissions appreciated by 09:00 ET 
  (13:00 GMT)
- July 5, Tuesday - Working Group and BOF initial scheduling closes 
  17:00 ET (21:00 GMT)
- July 11, Monday - Cutoff date for requests to reschedule Working 
  Group and BOF meetings 09:00 ET (13:00 GMT)
- July 18, Monday - Final Working Group and BOF scheduling closes 
  by 17:00 ET (21:00 GMT)

Anyway, I also hope that MONAMI6 BOF will be held at the next 
IETF meeting.

Thanks,

Sung-Hyuck

---

From: Sung-Hyuck Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 19:18:48 +0900

Hi all,

Thanks,

Sung-Hyuck

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 19:42:40 +0900

Hi,

Margaret has told me that initiation of the BOF with her would be
appreciated by the beginning of May, but, as I said, we need to publish
the new version of the drafts before commiting any serious effort on a
BOF and we (draft authors) are somewhat late of our internal schedule
:-(

At this point in time, what is interesting is to see that several
companies have expressed the need to set up this work, which is a good
sign.

Thierry

 On Tue, 10 May 2005 19:18:48 +0900
Sung-Hyuck Lee <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > (availability of people is not always what it should be) but we
> > still expect to clean the open issues between authors in the next
> > week(optimistic ?)
> > 
> > 3. Because of reasons 1 and 2 I've not yet made a formal annoucement
> > on the IETF general mailing list and MIP6, NEMO and other MLs.
> > 
> > My objective is  to issue a draft charter in the next week.
> > Hopefully, the drafts would be ready by that time and I will be able
> > to move forward on this.
> > 
> > Anyway, ChanWah, thanks for urging us to work harder if we want to
> > make this BOF by next IETF.
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > > The list has been mostly quiet since its incarnation.  Like to
> > > ping everyone to make sure we are still interested in this work ;)
> > > 
> > > Like to know the current status of MONAMI6 BoF.  Is there any
> > > progress with regard to a possible BoF in Paris?
> > > 
> > > draft-montavont-mobileip-multihoming-pb-statement-04.txt, and some
> > > of draft-ernst-generic-goals-and-benefits), but there seems to be
> > > no more activity since may.
> > > 
> > > May I also inquire the editors of their targeted dates of release
> > > of the drafts?