Subject: Re: [Monami6] Scope of Monami6

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 18:01:18 +0900

Dear all,

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:58:40 -0400
Nicolas Montavont <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >>The current BOF description http://www.nautilus6.org/ietf/index.html
> >and>Charter description
> >http://www.nautilus6.org/ietf/monami6-charter.html>

> >It definitely is, but the thing is what are the main work items?
> >Off-hand, I myself would definitely list the following as main items,
> >besides multiple CoAs registration:
> >
> >* simultaneously at home and at foreign
> >* using home-address as care-of address
> >
> I think main work item are documents on which we should focus our 
> attention, in a first time. So I agree with all these three items, and
> of course finalize current problem statement documents.
> 
> Do we have to list these three issues in the charter? At least, I
> guess we could add them to the BOF agenda.

All the issues discussed in
draft-montavont-mobileip-multihoming-pb-statement-04.txt
should be discussed during the BOF, i.e.:
6.  Issues . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20
     6.1   General IPv6-related Issues  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20
       6.1.1   Path Selection . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20
       6.1.2   Ingress Filtering  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 21
       6.1.3   Media Detection  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 22
     6.2   MIPv6-specific Issues  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 22
       6.2.1   Binding Multiple CoAs to a given HoA . . . . . . . . . 22
       6.2.2   Using one HoA as a CoA . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 22
       6.2.3   Simultaneous location in home and foreign networks . . 23

However, I'm not sure we should list 6.2.2 and 6.2.3 explicitly in the
proposed charter right from now.  I think there 2 issues need a debate
first, as a solution could also be to disallow the cases where it would
happen.

Anyway, the point is that the issue "Multiple CoA Registration" has been
discussed at length on the MIP6 mailing list, so the problem and the
solution are well understood. The other issues discussed in draft
        Analysis of Multihoming in Mobile IPv6
        draft-montavont-mobileip-multihoming-pb-statement-04.txt
need to be discussed on this mailing list prior to the meeting.

Thierry

 Thierry

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6