Subject: [Monami6] Dealing with Multiple HAs in Monami6

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:41:54 +0900

Dear all,

We have been rather silent about the multiple HAs issue, but I would
like to know if this is a topic that people would like to see dealt with
during the BOF ? 

This is typically an issue that concerns NEMO Basic Support as much as
MIP6, and is a sub-case of multihoming when the result is for the MN to
have multiple HoAs. 

There are a number of drafts, and we didn't listed them on the BOF
description yet, but I think they could well be included and give more
strength to Monami6.

Comments ?
Thierry

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:47:03 -0700

> like to know if this is a topic that people would like to see dealt with

yes, this should be discussed. however, we have to clarify a
point. if the mutliple HAs means mutliple home prefixes and
multiple home addresses, then it falls under multi-homing
and needs to be addressed.

one could have multiple HAs as described in
http://www.mobilenetworks.org/nemo/drafts/draft-thubert-nemo-global-haha-00.txt. 

in Global HAHA, the distributed home agents serve the same
prefix. I dont think this is a multi-homing scenario.

Vijay

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:47:03 -0700

Vijay