Subject: [Monami6] Simultaneous Bindings (Bicasting) for MIPv6 draft

From: "Karim El-Malki (AL/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:49:18 +0200

Hi
I resubmitted an old draft on bicasting (simultaneous bindings)
for MIPv6 which adds the MIPv4 S-bit functionality to MIPv6.
I think this may be of interest to monami6 so here's a
link to the draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-mobileip-bicasting-v6-06.txt
This basically allows an MN to register multiple COAs with its
HA (or MAP if using HMIPv6). The main application was handoff
optimisation but it could also be used for redundant links. There
was also an associated draft to direct individual flows over
certain COAs when simulataneous bindings are used: 
http://standards.ericsson.net/karim/draft-soliman-mobileip-flow-move-03.txt
Rgds,
Karim

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6