Subject: [Monami6] http://www.nautilus6.org/ietf/

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 01:58:56 -0700

I've read the whole and latest BoF proposal, and I'm more confused about 
what's in scope. Some of the text restricts itself to a mobile node with 
multiple interfaces, which implies that the problem is handling multiple 
CoAs. But other text talks about the MN ending up having multiple Home 
Addresses.

So is the case of multiple home addresses in scope or not?
If it is in scope, what would be the purpose of having multiple home 
addresses? In particular, is it the same as for "normal" multihoming? 
(redundant paths for better availability, some load balancing, etc)

The way the text is currently written it is far from clear whether this 
is 80% overlap with shim6, or whether it is restricted to the multiple 
CoA case (which doesn't overlap with shim6 AFAIK).

    Erik

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6

---

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:21:45 +0200

El 28/07/2005, a las 10:58, Erik Nordmark escribió:

>
> I've read the whole and latest BoF proposal, and I'm more confused 
> about what's in scope. Some of the text restricts itself to a mobile 
> node with multiple interfaces, which implies that the problem is 
> handling multiple CoAs. But other text talks about the MN ending up 
> having multiple Home Addresses.
>
> The way the text is currently written it is far from clear whether 
> this is 80% overlap with shim6, or whether it is restricted to the 
> multiple CoA case (which doesn't overlap with shim6 AFAIK).
>

well, SHIM is supposed to deal with site multihoming, so it may not be 
trivial to asume that the output of the shim wg will naturally fit for 
supporting host multihoming and especially MIP host multihoming...

Regards, marcelo