Subject: [Monami6] flow filtering - issue 7

From: "Niko A. Fikouras" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 14:32:59 +0200

Hi all,

given that there is central network management, it might be worth 
considering whether it would be possible for a network entity other the 
for MN(s) to issue or transmit criteria.

Best Regards
niko

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6

---

From: "Koojana Kuladinithi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 18:26:27 +0100

Hi all,

Niko, you have not specified what is issue 7. I have added the details
in the subject.

Considering all the benefits of multi-homing as defined in
draft-ernst-generic-goals-and-benefits-02.txt (please refer section
4.0), "Flow/binding policies exchange" as defined in monami6 charter
should be able to address in general both distribution of, 

1. distribution, initiated by MNs -> One benefit is load balancing
2. distribution, initiated by the network (HA/MAP) -> Benefit is load
sharing

At the moment, three drafts  (flow movement, nomadv6 & ha-filtering)
only discuss about the initiation of whatever flow distribution from the
MN's side at the moment.
I think, distribution that could be initiated from the network (HA/MAP)
is also very usefull.

Koojana

---

From: Koshiro MITSUYA <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:58:53 +0900

Hi Niko,

I agree with you.  For example, if ISP want to have initiative to  
decide the flow policy, HA then has a right to transmit/advertise the  
policy.  This situation could be happened.

BTW, it is also possible that both HA and MN have different policies  
and have to negotiate to avoid duplication of policy.  So, we should  
consider how to keep consistency of policies between MN and HA.   
Maybe is this another issue?

regards,
Koshiro

On 2005/11/03, at 21:32, Niko A. Fikouras wrote:

> considering whether it would be possible for a network entity other  
> the for MN(s) to issue or transmit criteria.
>
> Best Regards
> niko
>