Subject: [MEXT] [mext] #6: Minor editorial corrections and updates

From: "mext" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:03:37 -0000

Ticket #6: Minor editorial corrections and updates

 Submitted by Jari Arkko  <[email-masked]>:

 Since the publication of RFC 3775, several of the references have
 progressed, have been republished, etc.

 ----

 Section 9.3.2 (keyword capitalization):

 OLD:
    However, the sending node MUST not do this in the following cases:

 NEW:
    However, the sending node MUST NOT do this in the following cases:

 ----

 Section 10.4.2 (missing paranthesis):
 OLD:
    Multicast packets addressed to a multicast address with
    a scope larger than link-local, but smaller than global (e.g., site-
    local and organization-local [3], to which the mobile node is
    subscribed, SHOULD NOT be tunneled to the mobile node.

 NEW:
    Multicast packets addressed to a multicast address with
    a scope larger than link-local, but smaller than global (e.g., site-
    local and organization-local [3]), to which the mobile node is
    subscribed, SHOULD NOT be tunneled to the mobile node.

 ----

 Section 10.6.4 (keyword capitalization):
 OLD:
    As described in Section 10.3.1, the lifetime returned by the home
    agent in a Binding Acknowledgement MUST not be greater than the
    remaining valid lifetime for the subnet prefix in the mobile node's
    home address.

 NEW:
    As described in Section 10.3.1, the lifetime returned by the home
    agent in a Binding Acknowledgement MUST NOT be greater than the
    remaining valid lifetime for the subnet prefix in the mobile node's
    home address.

 ----

 Section 11.7.3 (keyword capitalization):
 OLD:
   o  The Binding Authorization Data mobility option, if present, MUST
      be the last option and MUST not have trailing padding.

 NEW:
   o  The Binding Authorization Data mobility option, if present, MUST
      be the last option and MUST NOT have trailing padding.

 ----

 Reference updates as follows:

 RFC 1750 => RFC 4086[[BR]]

 RFC 3513 => RFC 4291[[BR]]

 RFC 2424 => RFC 5226[[BR]]

 RFC 2461 => RFC 4861[[BR]]

 RFC 2462 => RFC 4862[[BR]]

 RFC 2463 => RFC 4443[[BR]]

 RFC 3041 => RFC 4941[[BR]]

 draft-bellovin-mandate-keymgmt-00 => RFC 4107[[BR]]

 draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-07 => RFC 4306[[BR]]

 draft-nikander-mobileip-v6-ro-sec-00 => RFC 4225[[BR]]

----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]       |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                      |      Status:  new                  
 Priority:  minor                       |   Milestone:                       
Component:  draft-ietf-mext-rfc3775bis  |     Version:                       
 Severity:  Active WG Document          |    Keywords:                       
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/mext/trac/ticket/6>
mext <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mext/>
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:19:26 -0700

Hello folks,

I've created issue #6;
   see http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/mext/trac/ticket/6

I recommend accepting the proposed changes in rfc3775bis-01.

Regards,
Charlie P.