Subject: [MEXT] [mext] #5: Wrong protocol number used in discussion about checksum pseudo-header:

From: "mext" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:42:59 -0000

Ticket #5: Wrong protocol number used in discussion about checksum pseudo-header:

 submitted by Jari Arkko  <[email-masked]>:

 The mistake to use protocol number 2 and not 135, which I believe was
 correct and what everyone is truly using. This bug was introduced back
 when the <TBD BY IANA> was replaced from the draft to what became the RFC.

 ----

 Proposed change:

 Section 6.1 (in discussion about Checksum, currently pg. 35):

 OLD:
       The pseudo-header contains IPv6 header fields, as specified in
       Section 8.1 of RFC 2460 [11].  The Next Header value used in the
       pseudo-header is 2.

 NEW:
       The pseudo-header contains IPv6 header fields, as specified in
       Section 8.1 of RFC 2460 [11].  The Next Header value used in the
       pseudo-header is 135.

----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]       |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                      |      Status:  new                  
 Priority:  major                       |   Milestone:                       
Component:  draft-ietf-mext-rfc3775bis  |     Version:                       
 Severity:  Active WG Document          |    Keywords:                       
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
-- 
Ticket URL: <http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/mext/trac/ticket/5>
mext <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mext/>
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext