Subject: [Mops] Readouts from this week's side meeting on "Media Over QUIC"

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 08:48:17 -0600

Dear MOPS,

Leslie had asked me to provide a summary of the discussions from the "Media
Over QUIC" side meeting earlier this week, and I think it's best for me to
post pointers.

The high-order bit is that there's considerable energy about doing "media
over QUIC", but (once you pull out interactive real-time audio and video,
and video ingest) there's not a lot of agreement about what "media over
QUIC" means.

My summary to the  "Media Over QUIC" discussion ("MOQ") list is at
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/moq/cpy_Ffm7u4x6LQrlroqv0-sbzxg/,
but *please
remember that these are only MY observations, and I was only one of 60 or
so people on the call.*

Glenn Dean posted a thoughtful reply at
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/moq/hgIR68Yx3f7wePjTiXCorz2efuE/,
about the possible relationship between MOQ and MOPS.

It may be useful to have further discussion towards the end of MOPS, as the
working group considers where MOPS is, and what MOPS should do next.

I'll be presenting in PANRG in the same slot, so may be able to join MOPS
at various times, but I'm sure MOPS will Do The Right Thing, with me or
without me.

Make good choices, of course.

Spencer