Subject: [MORG] RFC 6237 on IMAP4 Multimailbox SEARCH Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 17:31:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6237

        Title:      IMAP4 Multimailbox SEARCH Extension 
        Author:     B. Leiba, A. Melnikov
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21234
        Updates:    RFC4466

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-morg-multimailbox-search-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6237.txt

The IMAP4 specification allows the searching of only the selected
mailbox.  A user often wants to search multiple mailboxes, and a
client that wishes to support this must issue a series of SELECT and
SEARCH commands, waiting for each to complete before moving on to the
next.  This extension allows a client to search multiple mailboxes
with one command, limiting the round trips and waiting for various
searches to complete, and not requiring disruption of the currently
selected mailbox.  This extension also uses MAILBOX and TAG fields in
ESEARCH responses, allowing a client to pipeline the searches if it
chooses.  This document updates RFC 4466.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Message Organization Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC