Subject: [Mpls-interop] Survivability documents

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 12:12:11 +0100

Hi,

On our call on Tuesday I raised a concern over the overlap between two 
planned documents...

4.3.1 Survivability framework
Working Group: MPLS
Editors: Nurit, Adrian, Vach

4.3.3 Survivability Framework for PWs
Working Group:PWE3
Editors: TBD

I guess my worry is about the relative scope of the two documents. If 4.3.3 
is a PW document that would be written anyway and actually has nothing to do 
with MPLS-TP then there is not so much of a worry, however, I believe that 
the usage scenarios and requirements established in 4.3.3 will place 
dependencies on 4.3.1.

An alternative approach is for 4.3.1 to describe absolutely everything you 
could do for protection and survivability in the MPLS-TP context (with and 
without control plane), and allow 4.3.3 to pick those elements that it 
needs.

Cheers,
Adrian

_______________________________________________
Mpls-interop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls-interop