Subject: [Mpls-interop] Invite for Mead Team Meeting

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 12:25:44 -0400

George Swallow has invited you to a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Conference

Date/Time:               April 07, 2009 at 12:00PM America/New_York
Length:                  60
Frequency:               once
Meeting ID:              250963258
Meeting Password:  

Global Access Numbers:
http://cisco.com/en/US/about/doing_business/conferencing/index.html

    San Jose, CA: +1.408.525.6800    RTP:              +1.919.392.3330
    US/Canada:  +1.866.432.9903    United Kingdom:   +44.20.8824.0117
    India:      +91.80.4350.1111   Germany:          +49.619.6773.9002
    Japan:      +81.3.5763.9394    China:            +86.10.8515.5666

TO ATTEND A WEB AND VOICE CONFERENCE:

CISCO INTRANET ATTENDEES
Join the Web & Voice Conference*
1. Go to http://meetingplaceinternal.cisco.com/join.asp?250963258
2. Enter your CEC User ID & Password then click OK
- Accept any security warnings you receive and wait for the Meeting Room to
initialize**
3. Click on CONNECT from the Meeting Room to join the Voice Conference
portion of the meeting

EXTERNAL ATTENDEES - Outside the Cisco Intranet
Join the Web & Voice Conference*
1. Go to http://meetingplace.cisco.com/join.asp?250963258
2. Fill in the My Name is field then click Attend Meeting
- If you have a CEC User ID, click on the Cisco icon
- Accept any security warnings you receive and wait for the Meeting Room to
initialize**
3. Click on CONNECT from the Meeting Room to join the Voice Conference
portion of the meeting
- Note: Guest users will see a link to the Global Access Numbers.

*If this is your first time attending a Web Conference, disable any pop-up
blockers and visit 
http://meetingplace.cisco.com/mpweb/scripts/browsertestupper.asp to test
your web browser for compatibility with the Web Conference.
**The meeting will not start until the Host of the meeting arrives - if
you'd like to start the meeting with your Profile, please review the steps
below to attend a Voice Only Conference as a Guest then follow the system
prompts.

TO ATTEND A RESERVATIONLESS VOICE ONLY CONFERENCE

AS THE HOST
1. Dial into Cisco Unified MeetingPlace (view the Access Numbers and link
above)
2. Press 1 to attend the meeting
3. Enter the Meeting ID 250963258 followed by # key
4. Follow the prompts to record your name and enter the waiting room
5. Press 2 then enter your Profile Password to initiate your meeting

AS A GUEST
1. Follow steps 1-4 above to access the meeting
2. You will be placed in a waiting room until the Host initiates the meeting

SUPPORT
Information about this Conference: Contact George Swallow, 19789361398
Cisco IT Support Center: Attend the Voice Conference and then press #0 on
your phone keypad

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 18:37:22 +0200

All,

this meeting is planned for 1 hour, we will not do document review
this time but look at document schedule and what has tentatively
agreed to between ITU-T and IETF.

1. Document Schdeule
    I need commitment to the schedule in the spreadsheet below.
2. The ITU-T referencing rules
    I've included an ID that I should have called "half-baked"
    if people had not complained about that concept earlier, i.e.
    there is still work to do.
3. AOB

/Loa

George Swallow wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Mpls-interop mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls-interop

-- 

Loa Andersson

Sr Strategy and Standards Manager    phone:  +46 10 717 52 13
Ericsson ///                                 +46 767 72 92 13 

                                       email:  [email-masked]
                                               [email-masked]
                                               [email-masked]

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 18:43:45 +0200

and now wwith attachments (I'm trying to wrap up the day and
out office, so thing won't go my way).

/Loa

-- 

Loa Andersson

Network Working Group                                       L. Andersson
Internet-Draft                                               Ericsson AB
Intended status: Informational                             April 6, 2009
Expires: October 8, 2009

  "Agreement between the IETF and the ITU-T on the documentation to be
      made available for the Study  Group 15 meeting Sep/Oct 2009"
                draft-andersson-mpls-tp-agreement-00.txt

Status of this Memo

   This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
   provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

   Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
   Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
   other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
   Drafts.

   Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
   and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
   time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
   material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

   The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

   The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

   This Internet-Draft will expire on October 8, 2009.

Copyright Notice

   Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
   document authors.  All rights reserved.

   This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
   Provisions Relating to IETF Documents in effect on the date of
   publication of this document (http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info).
   Please review these documents carefully, as they describe your rights
   and restrictions with respect to this document.

Andersson                Expires October 8, 2009                [Page 1]

Internet-Draft       Agreement on MPLS-TP documents           April 2009

Abstract

   The JWT report RFC 5317 [RFC5317] makes a first atempt to define what
   RFCs needs to be available for the ITU-T Study Group 15 (SG15) to
   start working on MPLS-TP Recommendations.  This document details the
   documentation and the state of the documents that will be made
   available for the SG15 meeting in Sep/Oct .

Table of Contents

   1.  Introduction . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  3
   2.  IETF and ITU-T Recommendations . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  4
     2.1.  ITU-T Recommendations  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  4
     2.2.  IETF documents . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  5
       2.2.1.  IETF Standard Track documents  . . . . . . . . . . . .  5
       2.2.2.  IETF Informational RFCs  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  6
       2.2.3.  IETF Internet Drafts . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  7
   3.  IANA considerations  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  9
   4.  Security considerations  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10
   5.  Acknowledgments  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11
   6.  References . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12
     6.1.  Normative References . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12
     6.2.  Informative references . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12
   Author's Address . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 14

Andersson                Expires October 8, 2009                [Page 2]

Internet-Draft       Agreement on MPLS-TP documents           April 2009

1.  Introduction

   The cooperation between the IETF and the ITU-T started based on the
   report from the JWT RFC 5317 [RFC5317] .  The report have an
   approximattion of the documents that will come out of the IETF as
   part of the MPLS-TP project.  This document precisely define the
   status and schduele for the set of documents that will be ready for
   the SG15 in Sep/Oct 2009.

Andersson                Expires October 8, 2009                [Page 3]

Internet-Draft       Agreement on MPLS-TP documents           April 2009

2.  IETF and ITU-T Recommendations

   This section lists the IETF and ITU-T documents, that will need to be
   coordinated for the SG15 meeing.

2.1.  ITU-T Recommendations

   The ITU-T is looking to work on the following Recommendations and to
   consent them at the closing plenary section of that meeting.

   The decision to consent a document means that it is ready to go
   through the final approval process, in the case fo the MPLS-TP
   Recommendations a process called Alternative Approval Process (AAP)
   will be used.  Sometimes a set of external criteria has to be met
   before the AAP process can be started.  In the case of MPLS-TP
   recommendations this means that the AAP process will not be started
   until the IETF has delivered the RFC number.

   According to the A.5 ITU-T Recommendation a Recommendations may
   contain normative references IETF standards documents.

   According to the A.5 Recommendation ITU-T Recommendations may only
   make non-normative references to Informational IETF RFCs.

   According to the A.5 Recommendation ITU-T Recommendations may only
   make non-normative references to Informational IETF RFCs.

   From an IETF perspectvie there is aome ambiguity in A.5, IETF RFCs
   come in several classes, e.g.  Standards Track, Informational and
   Experimental.  For the purpose of this document and the MPLS-TP
   project we will use the IETF designation of an RFC to be on the
   Standards Track as equivalent to what in A.5 is call standards.

   To make the IETF and ITU-T porcess work together it has been
   necessary to make process comprises.

   o  For this project only the IETF have put all Requirement documents
      on the standards track.  Since this is deviation from the normal
      IETF process there is text in all the MPLS-TP standards documents
      that explains why they are on the standards track.

   o  The ITU-T has agreed that it is possible for them to make
      normative references to Informational RFCs, given that the IETF
      will put text into these Informaitonal RFCs clearly stating that
      they are IETF consensus document.

Andersson                Expires October 8, 2009                [Page 4]

Internet-Draft       Agreement on MPLS-TP documents           April 2009

   o  G.8110.1

   o  G.8112

   o  G.8121

   o  G.8131

   o  G.8151

   o  G.7712

2.2.  IETF documents

   The IETF, through the MPLS Interoperability Design (MEAD) team and
   several working groups will deliver the documents listed below.

   The status of these documents will vary how far they come in the
   publication process.

   The ITU-T has agreed that it is possible to make normative references
   to documents for which the working group charis has requested
   publication on the IETF standards track.

2.2.1.  IETF Standard Track documents

   The following documents will be delivered as documents on the IETF
   standards track.

   o  ietf-mpls-tp-gach-gal [I-D.ietf-mpls-tp-gach-gal]

      Standard Tracks document.

      Planned date to request publication: April 27, 2009.

   o  ietf-mpls-tp-requirements [I-D.ietf-mpls-tp-requirements]

      Standard Tracks document.

      Planned date to request publication: April 27, 2009.

   o  ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements [I-D.ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements]

      Standard Tracks document.

      Planned date for working group last call: May 04, 2009.

      Planned date to request publication: July 20, 2009.

Andersson                Expires October 8, 2009                [Page 5]

Internet-Draft       Agreement on MPLS-TP documents           April 2009

   o  ietf-mpls-tp-nm-req [I-D.ietf-mpls-tp-nm-req]

      Standard Tracks document.

      Planned date for working group last call: May 18, 2009.

      Planned date to request publication: Aug 3, 2009.

   o  ietf-mpls-tp-gach-dcn [I-D.ietf-mpls-tp-gach-dcn]

      Standard Tracks document.

      Planned date for working group last call: May 25, 2009.

      Planned date to request publication: Aug 10, 2009.

   o  ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection
      [I-D.weingarten-mpls-tp-linear-protection]

      Standard Tracks document.

      Planned date for working group last call: Jun 15, 2009.

      Planned date to request publication: Aug 31, 2009.

      Note: the draft refrenced will have to be accepted as a working
      group document before it is progressed.

   o  draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-protocol-def

      Standard Tracks document.

      Planned date for working group last call: Jun 22, 2009.

      Planned date to request publication: Sep 7, 2009.

      Note: The working group will have to agree on accepting a draft
      for puropose as a working group draft.

2.2.2.  IETF Informational RFCs

   The following documents will be delivered as Informational RFCs.

   o  ietf-mpls-tp-framework [I-D.ietf-mpls-tp-framework]

      Standard Tracks document.

Andersson                Expires October 8, 2009                [Page 6]

Internet-Draft       Agreement on MPLS-TP documents           April 2009

      Planned date for working group last call: May 4, 2009.

      Planned date to request publication: Jul 20, 2009.

   o  ietf-mpls-tp-oam-framework [I-D.busi-mpls-tp-oam-framework]

      Standard Tracks document.

      Planned date for working group last call: May 25, 2009.

      Planned date to request publication: Aug 10, 2009.

      Note: This draft has been accepted as a working group document, we
      are waiting for an updated version of the document to b e
      published.

   o  ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk [I-D.sprecher-mpls-tp-survive-fwk]

      Standard Tracks document.

      Planned date for working group last call: Jun 1, 2009.

      Planned date to request publication: Aug 17, 2009.

      Note: This draft has been accepted as a working group document, we
      are waiting for an updated version of the document to b e
      published.

   o  ietf-mpls-tp-nm-framework [I-D.mansfield-mpls-tp-nm-framework]

      Standard Tracks document.

      Planned date for working group last call: Jun 8, 2009.

      Planned date to request publication: Aug 24, 2009.

      Note: This draft has be accepted as a working group document.

2.2.3.  IETF Internet Drafts

   The following document will be an Internet Draft at the time of the
   SG15 meeting and it will be published as an Informational RFC towards
   the end of the MPLS-TP project.

   o  ietf-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone [I-D.helvoort-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone]

      Standard Tracks document.

Andersson                Expires October 8, 2009                [Page 7]

Internet-Draft       Agreement on MPLS-TP documents           April 2009

      Planned date for working group last call: -.

      Planned date to request publication: -.

Andersson                Expires October 8, 2009                [Page 8]

Internet-Draft       Agreement on MPLS-TP documents           April 2009

3.  IANA considerations

   There are no requests for IANA allocation of code points in this
   document.

Andersson                Expires October 8, 2009                [Page 9]

Internet-Draft       Agreement on MPLS-TP documents           April 2009

4.  Security considerations

   This document only changes the name of one field in the MPLS Shim
   Header and thus does not introduce any new security considerations.

Andersson                Expires October 8, 2009               [Page 10]

Internet-Draft       Agreement on MPLS-TP documents           April 2009

5.  Acknowledgments

   -

Andersson                Expires October 8, 2009               [Page 11]

Internet-Draft       Agreement on MPLS-TP documents           April 2009

6.  References

6.1.  Normative References

   [RFC2119]  Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
              Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997.

6.2.  Informative references

   [G.8110.1]
              ITU-T Study Group 15, "Cooperation Between IETF and ITU-T
              on the Development of MPLS-TP, Geneva, 1-12 December 2008,
              https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/
              file596.pdf".

   [I-D.busi-mpls-tp-oam-framework]
              Busi, I. and B. Niven-Jenkins, "MPLS-TP OAM Framework and
              Overview", draft-busi-mpls-tp-oam-framework-02 (work in
              progress), March 2009.

   [I-D.helvoort-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone]
              Helvoort, H., Andersson, L., and N. Sprecher, "A Thesaurus
              for the Terminology used in Multiprotocol Label Switching
              Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) drafts/RFCs and ITU-T's
              Transport Network Recommendations.",
              draft-helvoort-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone-00 (work in
              progress), March 2009.

   [I-D.ietf-mpls-tp-framework]
              Bocci, M., Bryant, S., and L. Levrau, "A Framework for
              MPLS in Transport Networks",
              draft-ietf-mpls-tp-framework-00 (work in progress),
              November 2008.

   [I-D.ietf-mpls-tp-gach-dcn]
              Beller, D. and A. Farrel, "An Inband Data Communication
              Network For the MPLS Transport Profile",
              draft-ietf-mpls-tp-gach-dcn-00 (work in progress),
              March 2009.

   [I-D.ietf-mpls-tp-gach-gal]
              Bocci, M., Vigoureux, M., Swallow, G., Ward, D., Bryant,
              S., and R. Aggarwal, "MPLS Generic Associated Channel
              header", draft-ietf-mpls-tp-gach-gal-02 (work in
              progress), February 2009.

   [I-D.ietf-mpls-tp-nm-req]
              Mansfield, S., Lam, K., and E. Gray, "MPLS TP Network

Andersson                Expires October 8, 2009               [Page 12]

Internet-Draft       Agreement on MPLS-TP documents           April 2009

              Management Requirements", draft-ietf-mpls-tp-nm-req-00
              (work in progress), February 2009.

   [I-D.ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements]
              Vigoureux, M., Ward, D., and M. Betts, "Requirements for
              OAM in MPLS Transport Networks",
              draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements-01 (work in progress),
              March 2009.

   [I-D.ietf-mpls-tp-requirements]
              Niven-Jenkins, B., Brungard, D., Betts, M., Sprecher, N.,
              and S. Ueno, "MPLS-TP Requirements",
              draft-ietf-mpls-tp-requirements-06 (work in progress),
              April 2009.

   [I-D.mansfield-mpls-tp-nm-framework]
              Mansfield, S., Lam, K., and E. Gray, "MPLS TP Network
              Management Framework",
              draft-mansfield-mpls-tp-nm-framework-00 (work in
              progress), March 2009.

   [I-D.sprecher-mpls-tp-survive-fwk]
              Sprecher, N., Farrel, A., and H. Shah, "Multiprotocol
              Label Switching Transport Profile Survivability
              Framework", draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-01 (work in
              progress), February 2009.

   [I-D.weingarten-mpls-tp-linear-protection]
              Weingarten, Y., Sprecher, N., Fulignoli, A., and H.
              Helvoort, "MPLS-TP Linear Protection",
              draft-weingarten-mpls-tp-linear-protection-01 (work in
              progress), March 2009.

   [RFC4929]  Andersson, L. and A. Farrel, "Change Process for
              Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS
              (GMPLS) Protocols and Procedures", BCP 129, RFC 4929,
              June 2007.

   [RFC5317]  Bryant, S. and L. Andersson, "Joint Working Team (JWT)
              Report on MPLS Architectural Considerations for a
              Transport Profile", RFC 5317, February 2009.

   [RFC5462]  Andersson, L. and R. Asati, "Multiprotocol Label Switching
              (MPLS) Label Stack Entry: "EXP" Field Renamed to "Traffic
              Class" Field", RFC 5462, February 2009.

Andersson                Expires October 8, 2009               [Page 13]

Internet-Draft       Agreement on MPLS-TP documents           April 2009

Author's Address

   Loa Andersson
   Ericsson AB

   Email: [email-masked]

Andersson                Expires October 8, 2009               [Page 14]