Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:59:42 +0800

Daniele
about your draft. I have a few questions for your ROM-FRR. there is the 
following : 
  1 whether each node in this ring must configure a backup P2MP transport 
entity for each P2MP service? if so.we supposed that there are n points in 
the ring .so each LSP service will need to configure n backup P2MP 
transport entities. IMO whether it is very hard and great waste resource 
to realize the solution in real network?

  2 as this is local repair protection solution. when a service packet 
have already reached the destination node , it would continue to be 
carried in this protection path till next failure node. whether there 
exist to waste resources in the protection path?

  maybe my understanding not be true? 

best regards
liu

"Daniele Ceccarelli" <[email-masked]> 
2009-08-18 16:48

收件人
"Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <[email-masked]>, 
"Diego Caviglia" <[email-masked]>, "Francesco Fondelli" 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, "Stewart Bryant" <[email-masked]>, 
"Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>
抄送

主题
RE: Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts

Hi all,

I've submitted the -01 version of our draft. You should find it available 
on the web soon but you can also find it attached to this e-mail.

There is almost no change from the -00 version, just some editorial 
modification. We have an idea to enhance our protection scheme but 
considering that we have to merge al of our draft it is worth talking 
about it during the phone call.

Best regards
Daniele 

-----Original Message-----
From: Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon) 
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: mercoledì 12 agosto 2009 16.07
To: Daniele Ceccarelli; Diego Caviglia; Francesco Fondelli; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; Stewart Bryant; Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - 
IL/Hod HaSharon); [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts 

Hi,

Regarding an agenda - I would like to first establish a meeting date and 
then think about the agenda - I will try to review the different drafts 
and send comments that would be the basis for discussion to see how we can 
move this forward.

Diego & Daniele - in order to afford everybody access to your I-D you will 
need to revive it - it has expired!!

Thanx and BR
yaacov

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Daniele Ceccarelli [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 16:53
To: Diego Caviglia; Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); Francesco 
Fondelli; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; Stewart Bryant; Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - 
IL/Hod HaSharon); [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: R: Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts 

Hi Yaacov, for me it's ok as well.

Best regards
Daniele

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Diego Caviglia
Inviato: mer 12/08/2009 08:17
A: Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); Daniele Ceccarelli; 
Francesco Fondelli; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
Stewart Bryant; Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]
Oggetto: RE: Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts 
 
Hi Yaacov,

                First of all thanks for taking this action.

For me is good the week of 30 Aug.

I think in the mean time we could elaborate e little bit more on the 
agenda for the conference, do you have already an idea?

BR

D

________________________________

From: Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon) 
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: martedì 11 agosto 2009 10.56
To: Daniele Ceccarelli; Diego Caviglia; Francesco Fondelli; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; Stewart Bryant; Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - 
IL/Hod HaSharon); [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)
Subject: Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts 

Hi all,

Hope you all managed to get back safely from IETF75 in Stockholm!

We were all given an Action Item by the chair of MPLS WG to try and 
combine the different MPLS-TP Ring Protection related drafts into a single 
document.  In order to advance this action, I would like to propose that 
we have a conference call after everyone's summer vacation and would like 
to check your availability during the week of 23 Aug or the week of 30 Aug 
for such a call.  Once we can decide on a date (or possibly multiple 
dates) I can arrange a Conference Bridge for the call to allow an initial 
discussion. 

The goal would be to decide on the best plan of combining the different 
drafts into an agreed single draft to present to the Hiroshima meeting in 
Nov.

Best regards,

Yaacov Weingarten

Industry Environment, Carrier Ethernet

Nokia Siemens Networks

Hod Hasharon, Israel 45241

Tel: +972-9-775 1827

Mob: +972-54-220 0977

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: "Daniele Ceccarelli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:19:41 +0200

Hi Liu,
 
The ROM-FRR is indeed a N:1 protection scheme. For each working LSP there are N protection LSPs on the ring. Their bandwidth is obviously shared, i.e. if 1 Gbps is allocated in the clockwise direction for the working LSP, then 1 Gbps is allocated in the counterclockwise direction and is shared among all the N protection LSPs.
 
If you have for example 3 working LSPs (say 3x10Gbps) in the clockwise direction you must allocate 3x10Gbps in the counterclock direction, because we are talking about a ring and if a failure occurs it surely affects all the 3 working LSPs. In my opinion there is no waste of bandwidth, because the bandwidth you allocate per the protection is the same that is used for the working paths.
 
Could you please explain better point 2? I'm afraid i didn't understand what you're saying. 
 
Many thanks and Best regards
Daniele

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: mercoledì 19 agosto 2009 5.00
To: Daniele Ceccarelli
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Diego Caviglia; Francesco Fondelli; [email-masked]; Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); Stewart Bryant; [email-masked]; Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts

Daniele 
about your draft. I have a few questions for your ROM-FRR. there is the following : 
  1 whether each node in this ring must configure a backup P2MP transport entity for each P2MP service? if so.we supposed that there are n points in the ring .so each LSP service will need to configure n backup P2MP transport entities. IMO whether it is very hard and great waste resource to realize the solution in real network? 

  2 as this is local repair protection solution. when a service packet have already reached the destination node , it would continue to be carried in this protection path till next failure node. whether there exist to waste resources in the protection path? 

best regards 
liu

2009-08-18 16:48 

收件人
"Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <[email-masked]>, "Diego Caviglia" <[email-masked]>, "Francesco Fondelli" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Stewart Bryant" <[email-masked]>, "Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]> 
抄送
主题
RE: Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts

Hi all,

I've submitted the -01 version of our draft. You should find it available on the web soon but you can also find it attached to this e-mail.

There is almost no change from the -00 version, just some editorial modification. We have an idea to enhance our protection scheme but considering that we have to merge al of our draft it is worth talking about it during the phone call.

Best regards
Daniele 

-----Original Message-----
From: Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: mercoledì 12 agosto 2009 16.07
To: Daniele Ceccarelli; Diego Caviglia; Francesco Fondelli; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Stewart Bryant; Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts 

Hi,

Regarding an agenda - I would like to first establish a meeting date and then think about the agenda - I will try to review the different drafts and send comments that would be the basis for discussion to see how we can move this forward.

Diego & Daniele - in order to afford everybody access to your I-D you will need to revive it - it has expired!!

Thanx and BR
yaacov

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Daniele Ceccarelli [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 16:53
To: Diego Caviglia; Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); Francesco Fondelli; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Stewart Bryant; Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: R: Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts 

Best regards
Daniele

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Diego Caviglia
Inviato: mer 12/08/2009 08:17
A: Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); Daniele Ceccarelli; Francesco Fondelli; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Stewart Bryant; Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Oggetto: RE: Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts 

Hi Yaacov,

I think in the mean time we could elaborate e little bit more on the agenda for the conference, do you have already an idea?

BR

D

From: Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: martedì 11 agosto 2009 10.56
To: Daniele Ceccarelli; Diego Caviglia; Francesco Fondelli; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Stewart Bryant; Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)
Subject: Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts 

Hi all,

We were all given an Action Item by the chair of MPLS WG to try and combine the different MPLS-TP Ring Protection related drafts into a single document.  In order to advance this action, I would like to propose that we have a conference call after everyone's summer vacation and would like to check your availability during the week of 23 Aug or the week of 30 Aug for such a call.  Once we can decide on a date (or possibly multiple dates) I can arrange a Conference Bridge for the call to allow an initial discussion.  

The goal would be to decide on the best plan of combining the different drafts into an agreed single draft to present to the Hiroshima meeting in Nov.

Best regards,

Yaacov Weingarten

Nokia Siemens Networks

Tel: +972-9-775 1827

Mob: +972-54-220 0977

---

From: "Daniele Ceccarelli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:10:37 +0200

Liu,
 
just to clarify; in the example i wrote you before i forgot to explicitely say that the 3 working LSPs belong to 3 different protection schemes. i just wanted to highlight the fact that for each protection scheme we have 1 working LSP (bandwidth X clockwise)  and N protection LSPs (shared bandwidth X counterclock wise). The bandwidth is not shared between protection LSPs of different working LSPs. i.e. if the 3 working LSPs have a bandwidth of X,Y and Z respectively, we have to allocate X for the N protection LSPs of W1, Y for the N protection LSPs of W2 and Z for the N protection LSPs of W3.
 
Hope it is clearer now.
 
Best regards
Daniele

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Daniele Ceccarelli
Sent: mercoledì 19 agosto 2009 11.20
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Francesco Fondelli
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts

Hi Liu,

 

Daniele 

best regards 
liu

2009-08-18 16:48 

收件人

Hi all,

Best regards
Daniele 

-----Original Message-----
From: Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: mercoledì 12 agosto 2009 16.07
To: Daniele Ceccarelli; Diego Caviglia; Francesco Fondelli; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Stewart Bryant; Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts 

Hi,

Thanx and BR
yaacov

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Daniele Ceccarelli [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 16:53
To: Diego Caviglia; Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); Francesco Fondelli; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Stewart Bryant; Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: R: Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts 

Best regards
Daniele

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Diego Caviglia
Inviato: mer 12/08/2009 08:17
A: Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); Daniele Ceccarelli; Francesco Fondelli; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Stewart Bryant; Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Oggetto: RE: Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts 

Hi Yaacov,

BR

D

Hi all,

Best regards,

Yaacov Weingarten

Nokia Siemens Networks

Tel: +972-9-775 1827

Mob: +972-54-220 0977

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:25:34 +0800

Daniele
thank you for your replying and explaining. I almost understand your 
meaning. but I don't understand how to share common bandwidth for N 
protection LSPS. because these N protection LSPs are set up individually 
and have different source and sink nodes. must these N protection LSPs 
need to banded at span or link section path?

best regards
liu

2009-08-19 23:10

收件人
<[email-masked]>
抄送
<[email-masked]>
主题
RE: [mpls-tp] Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts

Liu,
 
just to clarify; in the example i wrote you before i forgot to explicitely 
say that the 3 working LSPs belong to 3 different protection schemes. i 
just wanted to highlight the fact that for each protection scheme we have 
1 working LSP (bandwidth X clockwise)  and N protection LSPs (shared 
bandwidth X counterclock wise). The bandwidth is not shared between 
protection LSPs of different working LSPs. i.e. if the 3 working LSPs have 
a bandwidth of X,Y and Z respectively, we have to allocate X for the N 
protection LSPs of W1, Y for the N protection LSPs of W2 and Z for the N 
protection LSPs of W3.
 
Hope it is clearer now.
 
Best regards
Daniele

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf 
Of Daniele Ceccarelli

Hi Liu,
 
The ROM-FRR is indeed a N:1 protection scheme. For each working LSP there 
are N protection LSPs on the ring. Their bandwidth is obviously shared, 
i.e. if 1 Gbps is allocated in the clockwise direction for the working 
LSP, then 1 Gbps is allocated in the counterclockwise direction and is 
shared among all the N protection LSPs.
 
If you have for example 3 working LSPs (say 3x10Gbps) in the clockwise 
direction you must allocate 3x10Gbps in the counterclock direction, 
because we are talking about a ring and if a failure occurs it surely 
affects all the 3 working LSPs. In my opinion there is no waste of 
bandwidth, because the bandwidth you allocate per the protection is the 
same that is used for the working paths.
 
Could you please explain better point 2? I'm afraid i didn't understand 
what you're saying. 

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: mercoledì 19 agosto 2009 5.00
To: Daniele Ceccarelli
Cc: [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; Diego Caviglia; 
Francesco Fondelli; [email-masked]; Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod 
HaSharon); Stewart Bryant; [email-masked]; Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - 
IL/Hod HaSharon); [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Combining the MPLS-TP Ring Protection drafts

Daniele 

best regards 
liu

收件人

主题

Hi all,

Best regards
Daniele 

-----Original Message-----

Hi,

Thanx and BR
yaacov

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Daniele Ceccarelli [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 16:53
To: Diego Caviglia; Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); Francesco 

Best regards
Daniele

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Diego Caviglia
Inviato: mer 12/08/2009 08:17
A: Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon); Daniele Ceccarelli; 

Hi Yaacov,

BR

D

Hi all,

Best regards,

Yaacov Weingarten

Nokia Siemens Networks

Tel: +972-9-775 1827

Mob: +972-54-220 0977

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is 
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is 
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and 
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to 
others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended 
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. 
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of 
the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the 
individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam 
system.