Subject: [mpls-tp] Regarding ICC based ID vs Global ID : MPLS-TP identifiers

From: Lavanya Srivatsa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:17:35 +0530

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the choice between ICC based identifiers and the
Global identifiers for MPLS-TP components.

The draft titled "draft-bhh-mpls-tp-oam-y1731-03.txt" refers to the ICC ID
in section 4.1.1.1.
To quote:
"In transport networks, the MEG ID for LSPs, PWs and Sections uses the
ICC-based format as defined in Figure 5."

However in the IETF draft titled "draft-ietf-mpls-tp-identifiers-00.txt", in
section 8 under the "Open issues", point 2 refers to the removal of the
usage of the ITU style identifiers and awaiting verification of the
consensus.
To quote:
"Details on MEP and MIP identifiers are subject to ongoing discussions.
Further based on some discussion in Stockholm, ITU    style identifiers for
MEPs and MIPs were removed from this version.  However, consensus for this
needs to be verified."

So has any final consensus been confirmed on whether ICC based IDs are to be
used for MPLS-TP components or Global IDs?
Since the TP identifiers draft has been dated Nov 2009 and the y1731 OAM
draft in July 2009, in this context, is there a revised version of the
"draft-bhh-mpls-tp-oam-y1731-0x.txt" available? If so, is there some way
that I can obtain the latest draft?

Would greatly appreciate responses to the above.

Thank you
Lavanya