Subject: [mpls-tp] Static Pseudowire sub-TLV

From: venkatesan mahalingam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 01:20:54 +0530

Hi,
As per MPLS-TP identifiers version 02 draft, PW is uniquley identified in
MPLS-TP environment using

 AGI:Src-Global_ID::Src-Node_ID::Src-AC_ID::Dst-Global_ID::
      Dst-Node_ID::Dst-AC_ID.

But, "on demand CV" draft does not include the AGI value in the packet
format as mentioned below. Is this intentional? If Yes, how AGI is mapped
with MPLS-TP PWs?

In draft-ietf-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv-00 draft, section 2.4.2.  Static
Pseudowire Sub-TLV   The format of the Static PW sub-TLV value field
is specified in the
   following figure.

        0                   1                   2                   3
        0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                       Source Global ID                        |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                        Source Node ID                         |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                         Source AC-ID                          |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                    Destination Global ID                      |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                     Destination Node ID                       |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                     Destination AC-ID                         |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                      Figure 4: Static PW FEC Sub-TLV

   The Source global ID and Destination Global ID MAY be set to 0.  When
   set to zero, the field is not applicable.  The Global ID and Node ID
   fields are taken from the definitions in
   [I-D.ietf-mpls-tp-identifiers
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv-00#ref-I-D.ietf-mpls-tp-identifiers>].
 The AC-ID definitions are taken from
   [RFC5003 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5003>].

-- 
Best Regards,
Venkatesan Mahalingam.