Subject: [mpls-tp] Clarification on scope of draft-boutros-mpls-tp-li-lb

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:10:26 -0700

Dear All,
in the Introduction I read:
... The mechanisms in this document apply to associated bidirectional paths
as defined in [7<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boutros-mpls-tp-li-lb-01#ref-7>],
which include MPLS- TP LSPs, bi-directional RSVP-TE tunnels, pseudowires
(PW), and Multi-segment PWs.
That produced several questions:

   - I couldn't find definition of "associated bidirectional paths" in
   referenced MPLS-TP Identifiers document.Is this editorial issue?
   - Without proper understanding of context of context of "associated
   bidirectional" I can only assume that co-routed bidirectional paths are
   included as they are special case of associated bidirectional path.
   - Why "bi-directional RSVP-TE tunnel" mentioned as special case?
   - Is it right to assume that PW listed SS-PW and PW as Section of MS-PW?
   - Are mechanisms defined in the document equally applicable to
   bidirectional Segments and Sections? If "Yes", then perhaps that can be
   mentioned explicitly.

Regards,
Greg