Subject: [mpls-tp] Questions regarding draft-ietf-mpls-tp-csf

From: "Weingarten, Yaacov (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 10:22:55 +0100

Hi 

While internally reviewing this draft two questions were raised that I
would like to hear some feedback on:
1.  In the description of the Client Failure Indication function in the
OAM Framework document there is the following text:
   Either there needs to be a 1:1 correspondence between the client
   and the MEG, or when multiple clients are multiplexed over a
   transport path, the CFI packet requires additional information
   to permit the client instance to be identified.
  Can you please explain whether the draft only refers to the case of
1:1 correspondence or what TLV you are proposing to identify the
different client instances that are reporting the failure?

2. Can you explain the relationship between this draft and
draft-ietf-pwe3-mpls-eth-oam-iwk that deals with propagation of the
error codes on the AC to a PW OAM, based on BFD or VCCV?

Thank you 

Best regards,
Yaacov Weingarten
Nokia Siemens Networks
Industry Environment, PTE
ph#:  +972-9-775 1827
mob#: +972-54-220 0977