Subject: Update on Session Table Indexing for the LDP MIB

From: Joan Cucchiara <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 15:47:12 -0500

Hello Everyone,

We (co-authors) have had some private email exchanges with a couple
of other companies and wanted to post results to the List.  
Please email any questions or concerns directly to the mpls list.

Summary:  the concern was that there were too many indices and
there were questions over the necessity for specific indices.

The two which have been removed (from the entire mib) are 
mplsLdpPeerIndex, and mplsLdpSessionIndex.  The mplsLdpSesionIndex
was replace by an object (not an index) in the mplsLdpSessionTable
which is mplsLdpSessionDiscontinuityTime.

The mplsLdpSessionTable with the new indexing is below.  Also the
new object, mplsLdpSessionDiscontinuityTime is below.
Please NOTE:  this table may (and probably will) change, 
but wanted to update the list on the results of the email exchanges.

	Thanks, Joan

     mplsLdpSessionTable OBJECT-TYPE
         SYNTAX      SEQUENCE OF MplsLdpSessionEntry
         MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
         STATUS      current
         DESCRIPTION
             "A table of Sessions between the LDP Entities and
             LDP Peers.  Each row represents a single session."
         ::= { mplsLdpSessionObjects 1 }

     mplsLdpSessionEntry OBJECT-TYPE
         SYNTAX      MplsLdpSessionEntry
         MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
         STATUS      current
         DESCRIPTION
             "An entry in this table represents information on a
             single session between an LDP Entity and LDP Peer.
             The information contained in a row is read-only."
         INDEX       { mplsLdpEntityLdpId,
                       mplsLdpEntityIndex,
                       mplsLdpPeerLdpId
                     }

         ::= { mplsLdpSessionTable 1 }

     MplsLdpSessionEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
         mplsLdpSessionState                          INTEGER,
         mplsLdpSessionProtocolVersion                Integer32,
         mplsLdpSessionKeepAliveHoldTimeRemaining     TimeInterval,
         mplsLdpSessionLabelAdvertisement             INTEGER,
         mplsLdpSessionLoopDetectionForPV             INTEGER,
         mplsLdpSessionPathVectorLimit                Integer32,
         mplsLdpSessionMaxPduLength                   Integer32,
         mplsLdpSessionDiscontinuityTime              TimeStamp
     }

......

     mplsLdpSessionDiscontinuityTime OBJECT-TYPE
         SYNTAX      TimeStamp
         MAX-ACCESS  read-only
         STATUS      current
         DESCRIPTION
             "The value of sysUpTime on the most recent occasion at
             which any one or more of this session's counters
             suffered a discontinuity.  The relevant counters are
             the specific instances associated with this session
             of any Counter32 or Counter64 object contained in the
             mplsLdpSessionStatsTable.  If no such discontinuities have
             occurred since the last re-initialization of the local
             management subsystem, then this object contains a zero
             value.

             Also, an NMS can distinguish when a session
             between a given Entity and Peer goes away and then is
             're-established'.  This value would change and
             thus indicate to the NMS that this is a different session."
         ::= { mplsLdpSessionEntry 8 }