Subject: LABEL REQUEST ABORT

From: "Siddharth Gahlaut" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 10:52:47 -0500

Hi,
I have a question on the Request Abort Message procedures:
Lets say that the LSR(Merging) is in DoD and Independent mode:
If a Label Request is sent to this LSR then it may respond with a Label
Mapping before the request that it shall make from its NH gets satisfied.Now
if a Request Abort is sent under this condition then how is the LSR supposed
to react.

The label Request Abort procedure says that if it has responded to the
request then it should silently ignore it.Which can be the case above and if
it is then it should ignore it.

However from what I see in the State Machine spec  after all the events
mentioned above the state of the Upstream_LSP_Control_Block is
Response_Awaited.If the LSR receives a  Abort in this state then the spec
says that it should not be ignored and some appropriate action should be
taken.Which in turn MAY lead to the propogation of the Label Request Abort.

Could someone please give me some pointers out here.

Thanx,
Siddharth