Subject: MPLS 2002 (www.mpls2002.com): Oct 27-29, Wash, DC

From: "Kavita Khanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:49:30 -0400

Friends,

The leading service providers, major networking and test equipment vendors,
and many IETF contributors will gather at MPLS 2002, October 27-29, in Washington,
DC, in the Omni Shoreham Hotel (http://www.mpls2002.com).

This unique international event, which is in its 5th year, is hosted by
Worldcom, Cable & Wireless, France Telecom, NTT and Isocore; and sponsored
by industry leaders such as Alcatel, Avici Systems, Cisco Systems, CoSine
Communications, Laurel Networks, Lucent, Nortel Networks, Redback Networks;
IXIA, NetTest, and Spirent Communications. The exhibits will be open throughout
Monday and Tuesday. There will be new product or software feature announcements.
Prominent members of the press and well-regarded industry analysts will
also be present at MPLS 2002.

MPLS 2002 consists of a two-day highly technical sessions, six technical
tutorials and exhibits. The technical sessions offer an excellent blend
of topics including deployment, application, and management aspects of MPLS
(please visit "Program" section http://www.mpls2002.com/sessions.htm). The
event will be followed by the third public MPLS Interoperability demo, on
October 30. Major vendors will showcase interoperability of their MPLS-based
leading-edge features on their core and edge routers.

We hope you would be able to actively participate in the MPLS 2002 International
Conference. You may register (on-line or off-line) for MPLS 2002 by visiting
http://www.mpls2002.com/registration.htm and following the instructions.
The reduced registration fees, currently in effect, are extremely attractive.

If you are planning to attend MPLS 2002, please make your hotel reservations
at the Omni Shoreham Hotel immediately, as only a limited number of rooms,
blocked for the conference at special rates, are left. You may visit (http://www.mpls2002.com/hotels.htm)
for more information on hotel reservations.

To celebrate the 5th anniversary of this series, all participants will receive
the conference proceedings from previous years MPLS1998, MPLS1999, MPLS2000,
MPLS2001) in addition to MPLS 2002 presentations on a CD. We look forward
to seeing you at MPLS 2002, in Washington, DC.

Regards,
MPLS 2002 Team

---

From: "Junaid Ahmed Zubairi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:38:31 -0400

Greetings,

Please participate in the new traffic engineering track
in ATS2003 (Orlando, Florida) by contributing your
papers:

Full CFP is below:

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

CALL FOR PAPERS
Track on Traffic Engineering With Protocols and Devices
in
Applied Telecommunication Symposium (ATS)
Part of the 2003 Advanced Simulation Technologies Conference (ASTC 2003)
March 30 through April 3, 2003
Hyatt Orlando Hotel, Orlando, FL, USA

The Applied Telecommunication Symposium (ATS) is an international forum for
exchange of technical knowledge and presentation of original papers on the
analysis of telecommunication systems and technologies. It is intended for
professionals, engineers, software developers, managers, and others
interested in cellular and packet traffic characteristics, analysis of
telecommunication networks, and practitioners operating telecommunication
networks. We are looking for innovative technical papers describing
projects, applications, and research and development work pertinent to
telecommunication. The following tracks (with track chairs listed) will be
held; the topics are representative of the track, but are not necessarily
exclusive to that track:

Wireless
Chairs - Dr. Hassan Rajaei, Bowling Green State University
Dr. Mohsen Guizani, University of West Florida
-CDMA
-UMTS
-GSM
-2.5G/3G Wireless
-Wireless Data
-Cell Traffic
-Network Performance and Engineering

Telecommunications Business and Regulation
Chair - Dr. George Kraft, Stuart School of Business, Illinois Institute of
Technology
-Cost modeling
-Call center operations
-Billing models
-E-commerce

Measurements
Chair - Dr. Shakil Akhtar, UAE University, Al-Ain, United Arab Emirates
-Measured Internet Traffic Characteristics
-Wireless Traffic Characteristics
-Observed Problems with Current Packet Switching Protocols
-Tools

Network Management and Security
Chair - Dr. Axel Lehmann, Universitaet der Bundeswehr Muenchen
-Operations, Administration, Maintenance
-Overload control
-Load balancing
-Influence of security measures on network performance

Networks and Multimedia
Chairs - Dr. Aftab Ahmad, DePaul University
-Internet
-Network performance
-Traffic characterization
-Packet switch architecture evaluation

Modeling Techniques
Chair - Kamala Murti, Lucent Technologies, Inc.
-Simulation techniques
-Acceleration methods
-Traffic synthesis
-Combined simulation/analytic procedures

*Traffic Engineering with Protocols and Devices
Chair - Dr. Junaid Zubairi, SUNY at Fredonia
-Traffic Management and control
-Traffic engineering architectures
-Bandwidth management
-GMPLS

Three copies of a 300 word abstract or a draft paper should be submitted to
the session organizers by November 1, 2002. Please indicate for which
track(s) you wish to have your paper considered for; note that the final
track selection will be at the discretion of the ATS organizers. The
abstract must include the author(s), e-mail address(es), and affiliation.
Abstracts may be submitted electronically to
http://scs.proceedingscentral.com or directly to:

Dr. Bohdan Bodnar, ATS Chair, Motorola, USA,
[email-masked],  or to

Dr. Ariel Sharon, Lucent Technologies, Inc.,
E-mail: [email-masked].

Further information is available at
http://www.scs.org/confernc/astc/astc03/cfp/ats03.htm

Deadlines
Abstract/Draft paper dueNovember 1, 2002
Notification of acceptance sentNovember 30, 2002
Camera-ready paper dueJanuary 31, 2003

Conference Committee
General Chair
Dr. Bohdan Bodnar
Motorola, Inc.
[email-masked]

Co-Chair
Dr. Ariel Sharon
Lucent Technologies, Inc.
[email-masked]

Program Chair
Dr. George Kraft
Illinois Institute of Technology

Sponsored by The Society for Modeling and Simulation International
P.O. Box 17900
San Diego, CA 92177-7900
Tel 858-277-3888
Fax: 858-277-3930
E-mail [email-masked]
http://www.scs.org

* For more information on the Traffic Engineering track, please contact the
track chair at the following address:
Dr. Junaid Ahmed Zubairi
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
College at Fredonia, State University of New York
Fredonia, NY 14063, USA

Tel: +1-716-673-4694
Fax: +1-508-256-8324
Email: [email-masked]

WWW: http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~zubairi