Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-hierarchy-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 07:57:22 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: LSP Hierarchy with Generalized MPLS TE
	Author(s)	: K. Kompella, Y. Rekhter
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-hierarchy-08.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2002-9-11
	
To improve scalability of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching
(GMPLS) it may be useful to aggregate Label Switched Paths (LSPs) by
creating a hierarchy of such LSPs.  A way to create such a hierarchy
is by (a) a Label Switching Router (LSR) creating a Traffic
Engineering Label Switched Path (TE LSP), (b) the LSR forming a
forwarding adjacency (FA) out of that LSP (by advertising this LSP as
a Traffic Engineering (TE) link into the same instance of ISIS/OSPF
as the one that was used to create the LSP), (c) allowing other LSRs
to use FAs for their path computation, and (d) nesting of LSPs
originated by other LSRs into that LSP (by using the label stack
construct).
This document describes the mechanisms to accomplish this.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-hierarchy-08.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-hierarchy-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-hierarchy-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.