Subject: RE: help

From: "Reddy, Vikram" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:45:37 -0400

From section 3.3 of the same RFC

3.3. Sending RSVP Bundle Messages

   Support for RSVP Bundle messages is optional.  While message bundling
   helps in scaling RSVP, by reducing processing overhead and bandwidth
   consumption, a node is not required to transmit every standard RSVP
   message in a Bundle message.  A node MUST always be ready to receive
   standard RSVP messages.

   RSVP Bundle messages can only be sent to RSVP neighbors that support
   bundling.  Methods for discovering such information include: (1)
   manual configuration and (2) observing the Refresh-Reduction-Capable
   bit (see Section 2) in the received RSVP messages.  RSVP Bundle
   messages MUST NOT be used if the RSVP neighbor does not support RSVP
   Bundle messages.

This means if the 1) configuration on the current node
does not specify that the neighbor is configured to have 
refresh reduction support and 
2) the Flags field of the RSVP common header of the last message received
does not indicate Refresh reduction capability, then 

we have to assume that the neighbor does not support refresh reduction
until one of the above conditions has changed.

Hope this helps.
Vikram.

-----Original Message-----
From: Harish Kumtakar [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 3:09 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: help

hi,
    It is given in RFC 2961 that,when a node ,say R, does not 
recognize or does not wish to accept a Bundle message, the 
received Bundle messages will be discarded without further 
analysis.

     If this is the case..then how come the sender (of the Bundle 
Message)will come to know to that R does not support Bundle 
message.

regards,
-harish