Subject: Regarding Label Mapping Advertisements and Label Mapping Release in maritini-trans-10

From: "Manchanda, Monika" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 03:38:52 -0700

Hi,
 
 1. The maritini draft section 5.4.1. Label Mapping Advertisements says that

"   After a label has been withdrawn by the disposition router and/or
   released by the imposition router, care must be taken to not re-
   advertise (re-use) the released label until the disposition router
   can be reasonably certain that old packets containing the released
   label no longer persist in the MPLS network."
 
According to this the implementation should no re issue the same label for
some time period t, which should ideally be the time till all the packets
containing the released label reach the disposition router. But how do we
determine that what will be the value of t?
 
2. Also the section 5.4.2. Label Mapping Release says that 
 
   "In situations where the imposition router wants to restart forwarding
   of packets with sequence number 1, the router shall 1) Send to
   disposition router a label mapping release, and 2) Send to
   disposition router a label mapping request."
 
Here what do we exactly mean by label mapping release and label mapping
request? 
 
TIA and Regards,
-Monika