Subject: MPLS Traffic Parameters

From: "Lavoisier J.L.Farias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:29:14 -0300

Ladies and Gentlemen,
 
At first I apologize due my beginners  questions!!
 
I am currently working at my master thesis, and modelling the ATM-MPLS
Interworking, so I would like to know what are the traffic parameters
used to establish LSPs on MPLS like the parameters specified in ATM.
Does RSVP-TE can guarantee this ? ATM establishes a PVC/SVC based on
traffic class (CBR, VBR-rt, VBR-nrt, UBR or ABR) and the follwing
traffic parameters: PCR, SCR, MBS, CLR, CTD. Lets suppoese that I am
doing the interworking of PVC, VBT-rt, is there exist some mapping
between the ATM traffic parameters and MPLS traffic parameters used by
RSVP-TE ?
 
In addition to that, does RSVP-TE specify some Admission Control
Algorithm like in ATM that specifies GRCA ?
 
Thank you in advance,
 
Best Regards,
 
Lavoisier Farias.
 
PS> Any help will be more than welcomed!!