Subject: Question on Control Channel -Data Channel association

From: "Reddy, Vikram" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:16:58 -0400

Hi all,

I have a question on the association of Control Channel and Data 
Channel. I would appreciate if somebody could answer it

In the following figure (A*,B*) are for Control Channel Interface 
addresses and  (X*,Y*) are for Data Channel Interface Addresses.  
Dotted lines (....) for control channel, Dashed line (----) for 
data channel.

	      A1 .................................B1
  Node 1      X1 ---------------------------------Y1     Node 2
                  A2 .................................B2

In the above configuration can we have Node1 use A1-B1 for sending 
control messages for X1-Y1 but expect to receive control messages
for X1-Y1 on A2-B2. 
Similarly can we have Node2 use B2-A2 for sending 
control messages for X1-Y1 but expect to receive control messages
for X1-Y1 on B2-A2. 

Is this prohibited and if it is, which document specifies it?

Thanks,
Vikram.

---

From: Liu Qiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:05:28 +0800

Hi,

  Your question is some interesting. As I know the control channel is a pair
bi-directional reachable interface. That means messages can flow in the
"path"  A1->B1 and B1->A1. So does the "path" A2->B2 and B2->A2.
  The common idea is take one channel as active one, and another one as
backup, certainly you can set both of them as active and each of them serve
for a certain group of TE link.
  Here, you have two seperate "udi-direction" control channels, are they
physical  "uni" or just logical "uni-directional"?
  So far, I don't think any document prohibites or specifies it.

regards,

Liu Qiang

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Reddy, Vikram
Sent: 2002?9?27? 15:17
To: [email-masked]; IETF MPLS List
Subject: Question on Control Channel -Data Channel association

Hi all,

Thanks,
Vikram.