Subject: the mpls wg meeting in Atlanta

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 17:46:22 +0200

All,

it is time to start setting the agenda for the Atlanta meeting.
If you want to discuss issues with drafts at the Atlanta meeting
please request a slot to do so, by sending mail to the wg chairs.

As always the slots will be allocated for discussions according
to what is outlined below.

Loa and George

----------------------------------------------------------------

          It is not the purpose of a WG session to have
          presentation of the content of a document. It
          is assumed that all attendees will have read the
          drafts in advance of the meeting.

          For documents that are work-in-progress, the
          presentation should cover issues resolved since
          the last draft followed by open issues and
          controversial topics with the intent to reach a
          resolution of said issues and topics.

          For new work items, the presentation should focus on
          what the problem is and why it is necessary for the
          work group to address it.  Further it should be either
          shown how it falls within the existing charter or why
          and how the charter should be extended to encompass it.
          The solution should only be sketched.

          The appropriate way of bringing new work to the working
          group is to send a draft to the mailing list and promoting
          discussion on the list. Slots on the agenda should be used
          to discuss outstanding topics that has not be solved on the
          mailing list.

          For new proposals addressing issues where
          work-in-progess the presentation should focus
          on the (perceived) short-fallings of the existing
          work and why those issues need to be addressed
          both in terms of why they are required and why they
          cannot be addressed in the existing work.
          the new work must be related to existing work (i.e.
          compatible, mutually exclusive, outright replacement).
          Finally, the new solution should be skechted,
          explaining how the solution overcomes those issues.
          The primary purpose of this last part is to allow commentary
          from the floor, it should not be orientented toward selling
          the idea.

          In all cases only a limited number of slides should be used.
          Speakers should budget their at least 25% of their time to
          allow for questions.

Loa and George

-- 
Loa Andersson
Utfors AB
Email           [email-masked]