Subject: ERO processing

From: "chetan kumar s" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:43:29 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

	While processing ERO object, there seems to discrepancy in the
statements made in CR-LDP (RFC 3212) and RSVPTE (3209) to process initial
ERO. CR-LDP considers 'L' bit and RSVPTE do not consider 'L' bit. What is
the rationale behind this, I would say RSVPTE also should consider L bit.
There were couple of mails on this in the mailing list but there were no
fitting answers. Can the authors pls clarify..

RCF 3212:

      1. The node receiving the Label Request Message must first
         evaluate the first ER-Hop.  If the L bit is not set in the
         first ER-Hop and if the node is not part of the abstract node
         described by the first ER-Hop, it has received the message in
         error, and should return a "Bad Initial ER-Hop Error" status.

RCF 3209:

  1) The node receiving the RSVP message MUST first evaluate the first
      subobject.  If the node is not part of the abstract node described
      by the first subobject, it has received the message in error and
      SHOULD return a "Bad initial subobject" error.

Thanks
Chetan S

-- 
------------
Thinking is progress, non thinking is destruction of individual, organization
and nation

-Abdul Kalam

---

From: "Feng, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:24:17 -0700

I believe the processing are the same. I think you should read the few
sections before the quoted paragraph in the RSVP spec.

Hope this helps.

- Mark

> -----Original Message-----
> From: chetan kumar s [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 9:13 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: ERO processing
> 
> 
> Hi,
>