Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-04.txt

From: Edward Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:11:03 +0100

It's good to see the new revisions of the MPLS MIBs coming out.

One comment, though - the text describing MplsTunnelAffinity says that it is
used for Include-any, Include-all and Exclude-all constraints.  I think it
should say "Exclude-any" rather than "Exclude-all".

I believe this has stemmed from a bug in the MPLS TE-MIB, which the authors
(or Tom at least!) said they were going to fix in the next revision.  [As a
reminder, section 4.7.2 of RFC 3209 shows the vectors describing resource
affinities are Exclude-any, Include-any and Include-all, however
draft-ietf-mpls-te-mib-08.txt includes the objects
mplsTunnelExcludeAllAffinity, mplsTunnelIncludeAllAffinity and
mplsTunnelIncludeAnyAffinity.]

Regards,

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 14 October 2002 12:26
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title		: Definitions of Textual for Multiprotocol Label 
                          Switching (MPLS) Management
	Author(s)	: T. Nadeau et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-04.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2002-10-11
	
This memo describes Textual Conventions for use in definitions of
management information for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:21:49 -0400

>It's good to see the new revisions of the MPLS MIBs coming out.

         Slowly but surely. 8)

>mplsTunnelIncludeAnyAffinity.]

         Yes, thanks. That was a typo on my part. I will fix this during
the next (and hopefully final) round of edits.

         --Tom

>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

Success is relative; the more success, the more relatives. -Anonymous