Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kishan-lsp-btrace-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:27:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Backtrace Messages for Label Switched Paths
	Author(s)	: H. Desineni, K. Avasarala
	Filename	: draft-kishan-lsp-btrace-04.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2002-10-10
	
Label switched path (LSP) backtrace is a method to backtrack the 
paths followed by packets in a particular multi protocol label 
switching (MPLS) forwarding equivalence class (FEC). This document 
describes encoding and procedures for new label distribution protocol 
(LDP) messages, backtrace message and backtrace reply message used 
for performing LSP backtrace. Backtrace message is sent upstream for 
an established LSP. Backtrace message can be used for LDP LSPs as 
well as for constraint based label switched paths (CR-LSPs). Data 
requested through backtrace message is encoded into backtrace reply 
message. Backtrace reply message is sent in downstream direction. It
always travels towards the tail end of an LSP. Backtrace mechanism 
described in this document can also be used for obtaining additional 
attributes of LSPs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kishan-lsp-btrace-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kishan-lsp-btrace-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kishan-lsp-btrace-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.