Subject: Signalling across FA-LSPs in RSVP-TE

From: "Vijayanand C - CTD, Chennai." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 18:12:49 +0530

Hello all,
I have a query in RSVP-TE. 

When using FA-LSPs for tunneling/label stacking how will the signalling for
the bottom label be done. WIll the path message be sent through the FA-LSP
itself or through the normal interfaces to the tunnel egress

 In the former case how will the bandwidth for signalling refreshes be
accounted for in the FA-LSPs bandwidth ?In the latter case how can it be
ensured that the path message does not create path state in the intermediate
nodes. 

Thanks in advance.
Vijay

---

From: "chetan kumar s" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:24:09 +0530 (IST)

> itself or through the normal interfaces to the tunnel egress

Hi Vijay
	One has two options to do this (similar to what U have said). One
can send this over normal interface, and in case of control and data plane
separation, set NHOP to the control plane address. And make sure that U do
not set the "IP Router Alert" option. Thus U can stop PSB creation at
intermediate routers. Alternative option would be to tunnel to the FA LSP
tail-end, in this case no one stops from using FA LSP itself. How to
account for path message refreshes is, by making sure that some bandwidth
is set aside for control plane data traffic.

Thanks
Chetan S

-- 
------------
Thinking is progress, non thinking is destruction of individual, organization
and nation

-Abdul Kalam