Subject: rsvpte question for rfc3209 section 4.7.3

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:17:45 -0500

Hi,

For the spec 3209, section 4.7.3

"if the requested bandwidth is not available a Patherr message is returned
with an error code of 01, admission control failure, and an error value of
0002"

My question is that, if I send a first Path msg with a 100% BW, and then I
send a second Path msg with 30% BW with the same lspid, then

Question:

if they add the bandwidth to the existing reserved bandwidth if the second
Path message is sent on the same lsp??

Thanks  for your help.
Julia

---

From: "Praveen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:52:58 +0530

Hi,
LSP Set up will not be complete in the event of "Admission Control
Failure". The PathErr which is generated eventually should remove all
the reservation state till that point. So the bandwidth requested in the
second attempt will not be added to the first request.
I hope I am clear.
Regards
Praveen

-----Original Message-----
From: Hong Liao [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 9:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: rsvpte question for rfc3209 section 4.7.3

Hi,

"if the requested bandwidth is not available a Patherr message is
returned with an error code of 01, admission control failure, and an
error value of 0002"

My question is that, if I send a first Path msg with a 100% BW, and then
I send a second Path msg with 30% BW with the same lspid, then

Question:

if they add the bandwidth to the existing reserved bandwidth if the
second Path message is sent on the same lsp??

Thanks  for your help.
Julia