Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-04.txt

From: Edward Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 14:01:37 -0000

Tom,

I notice that the latest MPLS TE and TC MIBs still have resource affinities
specified as "Exclude-all" rather than "Exclude-any".  Is this another
oversight, or did the authors decide that "Exclude-all" was preferred?

One other minor thing I've noticed:

-  The mplsTunnelOwner field is now read-only.  However, the comment talks
about not being able to modify the object if mplsTunnelRowStatus is active.
Surely one can't modify the object at all if it is read-only?  [Also, the
example in section 9 includes mplsTunnelOwner - I guess this should not be
present (and in any case, the given value is no longer correct given the
latest definition of the MplsOwner TC)].

Regards,

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: Cisco - Thomas Nadeau 
Sent: 15 October 2002 15:22
To: Edward Harrison
Cc: [email-masked]'; Parama - Cheenu Srinivasan;
[email-masked]'; [email-masked]'; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-04.txt

>It's good to see the new revisions of the MPLS MIBs coming out.

         Slowly but surely. 8)

>One comment, though - the text describing MplsTunnelAffinity says that it
is
>used for Include-any, Include-all and Exclude-all constraints.  I think it
>should say "Exclude-any" rather than "Exclude-all".
>
>I believe this has stemmed from a bug in the MPLS TE-MIB, which the authors
>(or Tom at least!) said they were going to fix in the next revision.  [As a
>reminder, section 4.7.2 of RFC 3209 shows the vectors describing resource
>affinities are Exclude-any, Include-any and Include-all, however
>draft-ietf-mpls-te-mib-08.txt includes the objects
>mplsTunnelExcludeAllAffinity, mplsTunnelIncludeAllAffinity and
>mplsTunnelIncludeAnyAffinity.]

         Yes, thanks. That was a typo on my part. I will fix this during
the next (and hopefully final) round of edits.

         --Tom

>Regards,
>
>Ed
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: 14 October 2002 12:26
>To: IETF-Announce
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-04.txt
>
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>directories.
>This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group
>of the IETF.
>
>         Title           : Definitions of Textual for Multiprotocol Label
>                           Switching (MPLS) Management
>         Author(s)       : T. Nadeau et al.
>         Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-04.txt
>         Pages           : 18
>         Date            : 2002-10-11
>
>This memo describes Textual Conventions for use in definitions of
>management information for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
>networks.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-04.txt
>
>To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
>ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>         "get draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-04.txt".
>
>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>
>Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
>Send a message to:
>         [email-masked].
>In the body type:
>         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-04.txt".
>
>NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
>         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>         how to manipulate these messages.
>
>
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.

Success is relative; the more success, the more relatives. -Anonymous

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 10:42:37 -0500

>oversight, or did the authors decide that "Exclude-all" was preferred?

         Oversight.   I think that you were supposed to remind us
about this during the last round of edits. *)

>Surely one can't modify the object at all if it is read-only?

         This was discussed during the meeting, and as I recall the
conclusion was that the object's access was okay as it as it is given
that the text has to state that the agent MUST set the value to
the correct value.  Why would you want to change this after
the object/row is created?

>[Also, the

         Okay.

         --Tom