Subject: Message ID generation

From: Manoj Agiwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 03:03:42 -0600

Hi ,
      These are the lines from Refresh Reduction RFC 
      " Message identification and acknowledgment is done on a per hop
basis. All types of MESSAGE_ID objects contain a                   message
identifier. The identifier MUST be unique on a per object generator's IP
address basis 
       In case of Gmpls if Per object generators IP address is control
channel address then Message ID should be unique 
       for each control channel address , or should it be unique per
Neighbour .

       i.e. If there are two control channel address in a Node that goes to
the same neighbor in the data plane , the Message Id 
       generation should be unique per control channel address or Message Id
generation should be unique for each neighbor .

Regards ,
Manoj

---

From: Reshad Rahman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:23:53 -0500

If the hop objects are being populated with a control channel (numbered) address
then I think one can either generate the message ids per control channel or have
1 "space" for the whole node. If the control channel addresses are unnumbered or
the hop objects contains a node address then there should be only 1 message id
space for the whole node.

Regards,
Reshad.