Subject: need clarifications ER proc

From: "Hitesh Kulkarni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 21:20:25 -0800

All,

I have few doubts on ER processing, would appreciate if anyone could clear 
them.. Thanks

1) When a path msg is rcvd by an LSR with ER should it first do the egress 
check ( on session dest ) and then take up ER object or do it the otherway..

  1.a If we do egress check first, and find that ER is not empty after er 
processing its an ERR.. Is there an error defined for this condition.

  1.b If we do ER proc first and determine a nexthop, should we just fwd the 
path without doing the egress check ( This could happen with  malformed 
ER-list)??

2) I think i am missing something here.. Why is the strict/loose check not 
define for Abstract node border case?

3) Once the ER becomes empty after proc in a node that is not the egress, 
RFC says we MAY add new subobject.. What is the recommended bahavior. Should 
the path msg beyond that point go out with ER object or without ER object??

I appreciate ur help..

with regards,
hkulk

_________________________________________________________________
Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail