Subject: RE: Last call on LSP Ping

From: Shahram Davari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:28:00 -0800

> 
> Kireeti,
> 
> You clearly need to revise this document and present it for comment to
> the list again.  Its useful in its current form but as a draft that
> can be advaced to the IESG, its half baked.  After initial comments on
> the revision, then redo the last call and keep track of the comments.
> 
> Curtis

Kireeti,

Before revising the document, I suggest answering all the follow up comments.

-Shahram

---

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:33:03 -0500

In message <[email-masked]
>, Shahram Davari writes:

Shahram,

I suggest not.  It would be more productive to revise the document
reflecting the (sometimes long and largely unproductive) threads
rather than respond to every message.  After the document is revised,
provide an opportunity for new comments or for comments to be repeated
if clarifications didn't help or prior (valid) comments were not
reflected in the revision.

Its clear this document wasn't ready for last call, but at least the
false start drew some useful dialog (and some less so) and could
substantially improve the document if the comments are reflected.

Curtis