Subject: RE: Last call on LSP Ping

From: Shahram Davari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:04:58 -0800

> > Therefore such a packet will get discarded at that node 
> before even reaching
> > the UDP/ping layer.
> > 
> > 
> > -Shahram
> 
> 
> Try "ping -g <routable-address> 127.0.0.1" fron any host or router
> that supports source route ping to any host or router that doesn't
> have source routing disable.  You'll get a response.
> 
> Curtis
> 

Try "ping 127.0.0.1" while your Ethernet wire is disconnected from your
host. You will get a response.

-Shahram

---

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 15:40:28 -0500

In message <[email-masked]
>, Shahram Davari writes:

This should clarify it for you.  The sending router and responding
router are not the same router.

  Try "ping -g <routable-address> 127.0.0.1" from any host or router
  "A" that supports source route ping to any host or router "B" that
  doesn't have source routing disable and has a routeable address
  represented as "<routable-address>" in the aformentioned ping
  command and has its loopback numbered 127.0.0.1.  You'll get a
  response at "A" that comes from "B".

In your example "A" and "B" are the same host or router.

I don't see that you have any point to make but you keep responding
anyway.

Curtis