Subject: Source IP Address in GMPLS messages

From: Apratim Mukherjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 01:57:50 -0600

Hi

    These are the lines from RFC 2961 for refresh reduction .
"The source IP address of an Srefresh message is an address of the node that
generates the message. The source IP address MUST match the address
associate with the MESSAGE_ID objects when they were included in a standard
RSVP message. As previously mentioned, the source address associated with a
MESSAGE_ID object is represented in a per RSVP message type specific
fashion. For messages with RSVP_HOP objects, such as Path and Resv messages,
the address is found in the RSVP_HOP object."

In a gmpls network , for a node with multiple interfaces say with address
a1,a2,a3 and a node ip a,if the node is sending address a1 as the address in
the control channel part of PHOP in Path message , does the above lines make
it a MUST for that node to also send a1 as the source IP for the SRefresh
message corresponding to that Path message ? ( This is assuming that it is
NOT using 'a' as the source IP , in which case we dont have a problem )
Or should we be ready to get the Path message with 'a1' as the ip address in
the control channel part of PHop and subsequently , the SRefresh
corresponding to this path message with say a2 or even 'a' as the node ip ?

Thanks a lot ,
Apratim