Subject: RE: Last call on LSP Ping

From: Shahram Davari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:33:05 -0800

George,

I think Curtis was suggesting to revise the draft, go through another
round of comments, then redo the draft and last call.

Since there are so many technical changes, it is very unlikely that
the next revision would not require any change.

-Shahram

> -----Original Message-----
> From: George Swallow [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 3:53 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Last call on LSP Ping 
> 
> 
> All -
> 
> I agree with Curtis here.  The authors should respin the draft
> incorporating as much of the comments as they can.  Once that is done
> we will go through another full last call.  I think there will be
> enough changes to the document that it would not be productive to
> address every last comment.  When the new draft comes out, if folks
> feel that comments have not been addressed, all the rules of a normal
> last call will apply.
> 
> ...George
> 
> ==================================================================
> George Swallow       Cisco Systems                  (978) 497-8143
>                      250 Apollo Drive
>                      Chelmsford, Ma 01824
>

---

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:45:25 -0500

Shahram -

You're always invited to comment on any draft as soon as it is
published.  That will happen prior to the next meeting.  If there are
lots of comments, then the authors may need yet another re-spin prior
to a formal last call.   

Historically, I haven't seen too many documents get a through review
except when we issue a last call.

When the next draft is published, I can send a note to the list
reminding that comments are welcome, but regardless of whether a note
is sent, comments to the list on any WG document that has not gone
through last call are always welcome.

...George