Subject: Record Object in LSP Ping

From: Ajay Simha <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 06:44:44 -0500

Hi,

Since the LSP Ping is meant for fault detection, does anyone see any value
in adding a record route/label TLV to this?

Each node can add (if requested) the label that the packet came in with,
the label that this node imposed/swapped and it's LSR-ID.

Thanks,

-ajay

---

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:18:43 -0500

> in adding a record route/label TLV to this?

This is infeasible without changing forwarding hardware so "no".

> the label that this node imposed/swapped and it's LSR-ID.

All you need is new forwarding ASICs.

> -ajay

Curtis

---

From: Ajay Simha <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 02:28:00 -0500

Pls disgregard my previous email. I caught up with your response to Shahram on the list.
Makes sense.

-ajay