Subject: RE: IANA Considerations for RSVP

From: "Lin, Zhi-Wei (Zhi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:08:09 -0500

Hi Kireeti,

Please visit the IESG page, go to I-D tracker, and search under the document...

If you don't know this site, here it is: https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi

Under filename, search for "draft-lin"

Then hit the "Detail" button under the "In State: RFC Editor Queue" header.

I guess some IETF WG chairs don't pay attention to this...

Zhi

-----Original Message-----
From: Kireeti Kompella [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 1:59 PM
To: David Charlap
Cc: Bob Braden; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: Re: IANA Considerations for RSVP

> I must have struck a nerve here, because yours is the second response
> I've gotten from somebody who thinks I'm referring to their specific
> IETF-approved RSVP extension, even though I specifically said I'm
> referring to extensions developed without IETF involvement.

If you are under the impression that
draft-lin-ccamp-gmpls-ason-rsvpte-04.txt is "IETF approved", I don't
blame you.  But in fact, it is not (yet).  And even if it does get
approval, it is as an *Informational* document.

But you have struck a nerve with some (and a chord with me :-))

Kireeti.

---

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:22:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi Zhi,

> Please visit the IESG page, go to I-D tracker, and search under the

I just did.  Oh, well.

> I guess some IETF WG chairs don't pay attention to this...

And you're implying?  My imcompetence, or the fact that this is not
the product of a WG?

But you're right, this has been approved by the IETF.  More accurately,
as the email to IETF announce says, by the IESG.

Kireeti.