Subject: RE: Label stacking

From: "LE ROUX Jean-Louis FTRD/DAC/LAN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 11:19:45 +0100

Hi Atmesh,

This is correct, 
as specified in RFC 3032 section 2.1:

      1. Bottom of Stack (S)

         This bit is set to one for the last entry in the label stack
         (i.e., for the bottom of the stack), and zero for all other
         label stack entries. 

Regards 

JL

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Atmesh Srivastava [mailto:[email-masked]]
Envoye : lundi 6 janvier 2003 05:52
A : [email-masked]
Objet : Label stacking 

Hi ,

I have a basic doubt in a Label Stacking scenario.

In a PPP network , the label is encapsulated as 20 bit in a MPLS shim
header encapsulation . Now for label stacking , say for a depth of 2 ,
are there  2 MPLS shim headers after the frame header and before the IP
header , with the bottom header having the stack bit set ?

If not so , then please clarify the encapsulation for label stacking ?

Thanks ,

Regards ,
Atmesh

--
Success is relative; the more success, the more relatives. -Anonymous