Subject: help

From: "Harish Kumtakar" <[email-masked]>
Date: 2 Jun 2003 09:25:45 -0000

Hi,

I've one question regarding MPLS (Context: MPLS support of 
DiffServ).

Consider a scenario where in a client (sender) H1 can send traffic 
belonging to all classes of service (EF,AF,BE) to a destination 
D1. And the traffic from H1 has to pass through a MPLS cloud to 
reach D1. Let us also assume that all the routers in that MPLS 
domain support DiffServ.

Ingress router of this MPLS domain, which is attached to H1, has 
to establish more than one LSPs for the same FEC (desination D1), 
in order to service the traffic from H1.

Now my question is, if there are more than one LSPs for the same 
FEC then how the Ingress router will decide as to which LSP the 
data packet belongs to since there will be more than one NHLFE 
entries for the same FEC.

Wonder if anyone comments on this. TIA.

Regards,
-Harish
___________________________________________________
Get www. mycompany .com and 5 matching email ids.
Just Rs. 1499/ year.
Click here http://www.rediffmailpro.com

---

From: Mohit Garg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 21:12:14 +0530 (IST)

Namaskar

I think the ingress router will label them as different FECs since they 
have to be treated differently. Actually, there can be very different 
policies for labelling the packets depending on the type of traffic 
engineering that one needs.

-- 

"What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
								- George Eliot
regards,

Mohit Garg
Senior Undergraduate Student
Dept. of Electrical Engg.
IIT Bombay
http://www.ee.iitb.ac.in/uma/~mohit/

---

From: "Sumit Garg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:23:26 -0400

IP TOS bits ==> DSCP ==> DiffServ CoS.  Each LSP (E-LSP or L-LSP) will
be associated with the appropriate DiffServ CoS.

--Sumit Garg

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Harish
> Kumtakar
> Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 05:26 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: help
>
>
> Hi,
>

---

From: Paresh Patil <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 14:27:15 +0530

Ingress router will first identify the class of service (e.g. TOS bits
of IP header.) Ingress keeps the mapping of FEC/DS <-> in-label
/interface.

So when packet comes from H1, it extracts the FEC and checks for DS
bits. Searches for the entry in DS table and if it exists then gets a
pointer to the FECn <-> in-label/interface entry of NHLFE. Puts that
label and puts the packet on Tx (with respective priority) or to
respective interface.

Paresh

--
Visit http://astroparesh.cjb.net

*********************************************************
Disclaimer

This message (including any attachments) contains 
confidential information intended for a specific 
individual and purpose, and is protected by law. 
If you are not the intended recipient, you should 
delete this message and are hereby notified that 
any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
message, or the taking of any action based on it, 
is strictly prohibited.

*********************************************************
Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com