Subject: Howdy!

From: Len Nieman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 08:42 -0400 (EDT)

Don't mean to interrupt the technical discussions, but I just
subscribed to the mpls WG. I figured a quick "Howdy!" would be best to
let you all know I'm here and give you a 'quick and dirty' on my
background, rather than just dropping a comment in out of the blue.

I've been involved with data communications since 55 baud (does anyone
remember what a baud is?) teletype was considered high speed,
primarily as a trouble shooter and occasionally working with
development groups putting together network management systems.

From most of your perspectives, you could say I'm an end user of MIBs.
I've been using them with Frame Relay and ATM networks for some time
now, and lately started having to deal with MPLS based networks.

I've been following the discussions on this forum for a week or so
now, and have already found it extremely useful in understanding how
some things got the way they are in the MIBs.

For what it's worth to the group, I'm proficient with the MG-SOFT(tm)
MIB Editor, Compiler, and Browser. And I'm more than willing to try
compiling modules to see if they 'blow up' due to typos, open {},
syntax errors, and such. Which, unfortunately, I seem to run into
fairly often with MIB modules extracted from RFCs.

Oh, almost forgot. I currently work for the MCI Data Network
Application Support group, but follow this group from home due to time
and workload constraints.

Len Nieman