Subject: Last Call: LDP DoD Graceful Restart to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:59:31 -0400

---------------
The IESG has received a request from Multiprotocol Label Switching to 
consider the following Internet-Draft(s) as Draft Standard. 
o Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS): LDP DoD Graceful Restart 
  <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-dod-restart-00.txt>
  Draft Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by .
                                                                                       
Files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-dod-restart-00.txt

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:23:14 -0400

With respect, this draft doesn't appear to have been through WG last call
(unless I was sleeping, but I can't find any reference in the mail archive).

It was only published as a WG draft on 5/7/2003 (despite carrying a date of
February 2003).

While I support the draft, I would like to see it discussed on the mailing list
and go through WG last call.

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 13:34:13 -0700 (PDT)

>   <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-dod-restart-00.txt>

Draft Standard?  Or Proposed Standard?

(It has already been pointed out that an MPLS WG Last Call for this
doc has been skipped, but going straight to Draft Standard is a bit
much.)

> [email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by .

"by ." ???

Kireeti.

---

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:00:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Adrian Farrel wrote:

> Did anyone decide there was an error here, or is this draft really in IETF last
> call?

Harald is looking into it, which is pretty cool.  I'm hoping he'll
let us know what he learns when he does.

Meanwhile, I'm assuming there isn't an IETF-wide Last Call.  Haven't
seen any mail on the IETF list (although I could easily have missed
it among the myths, CLOSE ASRGs and WG Reviews ...)

Kireeti.

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:56:51 -0400

Thanks
Adrian

---

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:03:32 -0700

Adrian, folks-

 I opened a ticket with the secretariat about this error a couple
 of days ago:
 
  [iesg-secretary #8150] Wrong Document Action: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-dod-restart-00.txt

 I will ping them again.

-- 
Alex
http://www.psg.com/~zinin/

---

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:12:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Harald,

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> it was a test that escaped. The developer has promised to send an apology
> to the MPLS list - I'm surprised he hasn't done so yet.

Nice to track it down.  No apology needed ...

> The copy that went to ietf-announce WAS caught in time, fortunately!

I guess it would be good if the MPLS chairs just state that the
previous email was in error.

Kireeti.

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:24:18 +0200

Kireeti,

          Harald

--On onsdag, juni 18, 2003 14:00:50 -0700 Kireeti Kompella 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Did anyone decide there was an error here, or is this draft really in
>> IETF last call?
>