Subject: ingress LER does not recognize traffic

From: Rafał Wilkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 17:27:07 +0200

Hi,
Does anyone know the reasons why ingress LER cannot recognize traffic - and
the traffic, though should be recognized as one belonging to FEC, is IP
routed instead of pushed into LSP. What could be the reason of that?
As I understand there might be FEC-to-NHLFE map missing... it means that
maybe there is no NHLFE...?
What actually influences creation of NHLFE? (I believe routing tables must
converge first, but what more?)
Could anyone provide me with deep details on how router creates NHLFE ?
I also heard about the cost of table lookup: single memory access - what
does it mean ?
Configuration: There are 10 dynamic LSPs going through the router and 2 FECs
they are associated with.
All the LSPs in fact follow the same shortest route.
Assume the traffic is quite heavy in the network.

Thanks in advance for help,
Rafal