Subject: Detour Backup

From: Nurit Sprecher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:11:15 +0200

Hi all,
I have a question regarding the one-to-one (detour) backup that is described
in the draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-fastreroute-03.txt.
I would like to support the one-to-one backup method, using the
path-specific method. 
I would like to protect the LSP R1-R2-R3-R4-R5-R6 in the figure below. At
each PLR a detour is created and merged to the protected LSP as soon as
possible. All over the way I would like to protect against the next hops
(I.e. R2, R3, R4 and R5), but in R5 I would like to protect against the next
link. How can I do it if the link between R5 and R6 is an unnumbered link?
In the DETOUR Object I should put the Ipv4 address of the node (link?) to be
avoided.
 
                  R1---R2---R3---R4---R5---R6
 
I’ll appreciate your response.
Thanks in advance, Nurit.