Subject: RSVP_HOP Question

From: Michael Mandelberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:28:51 -0400

This question has some overlap with GMPLS, but I'm hoping this is still an
appropriate place to ask it (if not, I'll redirect it). 
 
I am a bit confused about the usage of the Logical Interface Handle in the
RSVP_HOP object. My understanding of the LIH is that it helps the sender of
the PATH message to attach the RESERVE message to the correct "Logical
Interface". Now in GMPLS there is defined an IF_ID RSVP_HOP object. In
addition to the LIH, it includes TLVs which contain an IP address, and an
Interface ID.
 
My question is, what relationship, if any, exists between the LIH in the
RSVP_HOP and the Interface ID in the TLV contained within the RSVP_HOP?
 
My references are rfc 2205 top of page 50, and rfc 3471 page 26.

Thanks
 
Michael Mandelberg