Subject: doubt reg draft-kawakami-mpls-lsp-vlan-00.txt (fwd)

From: D Siva Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 04:24:59 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
	I have a doubt regarding encapsulation mentioned in above
draft in section 4.

Encapsulation header is shown in the draft as:

      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |                 Ethernet destination address                  |
     |                               +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |                               |                               |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+                               |
     |                 Ethernet source address                       |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |         TPID  0x8100          | Pri | |        VID            |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |       E-Type       0x0800     |                               |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+                               |
     |                                                               |
     /                Network Layer Packet (IP packet)               /
     |                                                               |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

But, in this where is the pseudowire label? directly, payload is added
after the tunnel header.

Correct me if I am wrong and please point some references if any,
regarding this. I am a beginner in this field.

expecting a reply, thanks in advance.

Siva.

---

From: "Prabakaran T Sampath" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:20:14 +0530

Hi,

For Pseudo wire emulation Edge to Edge, please refer the following links.

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pwe3-charter.html

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-martini-l2circuit-trans-mpls-11.tx
t
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-martini-l2circuit-encap-mpls-05.tx
t
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-martini-ethernet-encap-mpls-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-martini-ppp-hdlc-encap-mpls-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-martini-atm-encap-mpls-02.txt

Thanks and regards,
Prabakaran T.S.
Future Software Limited,
480-481, Anna Salai,
Chennai - 600035, India.
email : [email-masked]
Off Phone: +91-44-24330550 - Extn: 319
--------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of D Siva
Kumar
Sent: Wednesday, 16 July 2003 4:25 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: doubt reg draft-kawakami-mpls-lsp-vlan-00.txt (fwd)

Hi,

      0                   1                   2                   3

Siva.

**********************************************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by
MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com
**********************************************************************