Subject: fastreoute-mib

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:48:53 +0200

Since this was brought up as another WG MIB work item this
morning, here is what a very quick check reveals:

Need to import from MPLS-TC-STD-MIB instead of MPLS-TC-MIB

SMICng syntax checks:

  C:\bwijnen\smicng\work>smicng fastreroute.inc
  E: f(fastreroute.mi2), (1,1) SMI item "Gauge32" used 
     in MPLS-FRR-MIB, but not defined or imported
  E: f(fastreroute.mi2), (1,1) SMI item "TimeTicks" used 
     in MPLS-FRR-MIB, but not defined or imported
* E: f(fastreroute.mi2), (324,15) Index item 
     "mplsFrrConstTunnelInstance" must be defined with 
     syntax that includes a range
  E: f(fastreroute.mi2), (507,16) Index item "mplsFrrLogIndex"
     must be defined with syntax that includes a range
* E: f(fastreroute.mi2), (605,15) Index item 
     "mplsFrrOne2OnePlrTunInst" must be defined with syntax
     that includes a range
* E: f(fastreroute.mi2), (609,15) Index item
     "mplsFrrOne2OnePlrDetourInstance" must be defined with
     syntax that includes a range
* E: f(fastreroute.mi2), (763,15) Index item 
     "mplsFrrOne2OnePlrTunInst" must be defined with syntax
     that includes a range
* E: f(fastreroute.mi2), (887,16) Index item 
     "mplsFrrFacRouteBkupTunInst" must be defined with syntax
     that includes a range

Easy to fix I think.
The 5 errors marked with an * are similar to the ones I posted
this morning after my cjecking of LSR MIB. That is, they need
a range to be added to the TCs in the MPLS-TC-STD-MIB. SO they
will go away when that TC MIB is fixed.

There are quite a few other concerns I think that you can easily
identify if you check the document against 
   draft-ietf-ops-mib-review-guidelines-01.txt

Hope this helps as a start

Bert

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:39:22 -0400

Thanks for the quick review. As I 
mentioned, I need to look over the document
to align it based on the extensive comments
on the base MIBs. I will look at the reference
too.

	--Tom

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf 
> Of Wijnen, Bert (Bert)
> Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 3:49 AM
> To: Mpls (E-mail)
> Subject: fastreoute-mib
> 
> 
> The 5 errors marked with an * are similar to the ones I 
> posted this morning after my cjecking of LSR MIB. That is, 
> they need a range to be added to the TCs in the 
> MPLS-TC-STD-MIB. SO they will go away when that TC MIB is fixed.
> 
> There are quite a few other concerns I think that you can 
> easily identify if you check the document against