Subject: [mpls] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 15:51:18 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MPLS Traffic Engineering Soft preemption
	Author(s)	: M. Meyer, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-03.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-10-1
	
This document details MPLS Traffic Engineering Soft Preemption, a suite 
of protocol modifications extending the concept of preemption with the 
goal of reducing/eliminating traffic disruption of preempted Traffic 
Engineered Label Switched Paths. Initially MPLS RSVP-TE was defined 
supporting only immediate Label Switched Path displacement upon 
preemption. The utilization of a preemption pending flag helps more 
gracefully mitigate the re-route process of preempted Label Switched 
Paths. For the brief period soft preemption is activated, reservations 
(though not necessarily traffic levels) are in effect under-provisioned 
until the Label Switched Path can be re-routed. For this reason, the 
feature is primarily but not exclusively interesting in MPLS enabled IP 
networks with Differentiated Services and Traffic Engineering 
capabilities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls