Subject: [mpls] LMP - GMPLS

From: Harish M <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 18:46:12 +0530

Hi,

Referring to the draft-ietf_ccamp-lmp-10.txt

"LinkSummary Message can have multiple DATA_LINK objects and each DATA_LINK
object can have more than one variable length sub-object (for including
multiple capabilities of a data link)."

Since a LinkSummary Message can contain multiple DATA_LINK Objects (Class =
12) and as there is no field/mechanism to indicate the number of sub-objects
under a DATA_LINK object, how can we know where the next DATA_LINK object
starts ?

   <LinkSummary Message> ::= <Common Header> <MESSAGE_ID> <TE_LINK>
                             <DATA_LINK> [<DATA_LINK>...]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
| IP Header | UDP Header | LMP Header | LMP Object-1 | ... | LMP Object-n |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,
Harish M.

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:46:52 +0100

Hi Harish,

You might like to ask your question again on the CCAMP mailing list.
(See http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ccamp-charter.html)

Thanks,
Adrian