Subject: Re: [mpls] new I-D draft-jork-ldp-igp-sync-00

From: Eric Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:17:34 -0400

I  think you  will find  that  the technique  recommended by  your draft  is
already implemented by at least one large vendor. 

As  the draft  proposes no  protocol changes,  it does  not appear  to  be a
candidate for standards track; what are your intentions for it? 

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: Markus Jork <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:09:57 -0400

> already implemented by at least one large vendor. 

Yes, I'm aware of that. And I also know of another existing implementation
by a second vendor who isn't quite as large as the one you're thinking
of :-)

> candidate for standards track; what are your intentions for it? 

I thought it would be a good service to the community to actually document
this. I see the draft as a candidate for an Informational RFC just like
RFC3137.

Markus