Subject: RE: [mpls] For your review - Issues/errors/clarifications in RFC3 036

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:05:09 +0100

Eric,
<Snipped>
 
> Not if the downstream router sends a label withdraw as an appropriate
> recovery response to getting a packet with a label that is invalid.

Is there not a possibility that packets might end up at the wrong
destination for other (defect) reasons?  And in such a case sending a
label withdraw seems the wrong action...comments?

regards, Neil

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 12:19:01 +0200

Neil,

are you talking about packets exchange over the TCP connection
between two LDP peers, or (labeled) packets in genral?

/Loa

-- 
Loa Andersson

Principal Networking Architect
Acreo AB                           phone:  +46 8 632 77 14
Isafjordsgatan 22                  mobile: +46 739 81 21 64
Kista, Sweden                      email:  [email-masked]
                                            [email-masked]