Subject: [mpls] Label Space Query

From: "Kulkarni, Hrishikesh (Hrishikesh)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:29:52 +0530

Hi all,

Does LDP or RSVP provide a method to signal a label as a per-interface or
per-platform label?

PWE3 signaling assumes that a PSN tunnel is available before setting up a
PWE3. But is there way 
to signal an inner label as per-interface or per-platform between two peers,
already connected by PSN tunnel.

thanks
rishi.

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:22:55 -0400

> Does LDP or RSVP provide a method to signal a label as a per-interface or

RSVP-TE (as defined in RFC 3209) does not provide a means to request a 
per-interface or per-platform label.

Using label recording (the label subobject of RECORD_ROUTE) you can know 
if an allocated label is global (per-platform) or not on a given node 
along the path.

There may be RSVP-TE extension drafts/RFCs that I'm unaware of that 
change this, however.

-- David