Subject: [mpls] Reroute Extensions to LDP for P2MP LSP--draft-liu-mpls-ldp-p2mp-reroute-00.txt

From: liushuying <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:50:27 +0800

Hi folks.
    A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
The draft can be found here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liu-mpls-ldp-p2mp-reroute-00.txt

Title : Reroute Extensions to LDP for P2MP LSP
Author(s) : Shuying Liu, Gang Cheng, Lianshu Zheng
Filename : draft-liu-mpls-ldp-p2mp-reroute-00.txt
Pages : 20
Date : 2006-2-24

This document describes some extensions to the Label Distribution 
Protocol (LDP) for the reroute of point to multi-point (P2MP) Label 
Switched Paths (LSPs) in Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) 
networks. The solution relies on LDP only and has no requirement of a 
multicast routing protocol in the network.  Protocol elements and 
procedures for this solution are described for rerouting a P2MP LSP 
in the following cases:1)network failure (link or node); 2)a better 
path emerges (e.g. new link available, metric change);3)planned 
maintenance. The rerouting mechanism described in this document can 
minimize the time of traffic disruption when network failure happens. 
It will also minimize the data duplication and guarantee the traffic 
continuity during the procedure of rerouting in the last two cases 
mentioned above. 

Please give your comments on this document! Thank you very much.

Best regards
Shuying Liu
HuaWei Bld., No.3 Xinxi Rd.,   
Shang-Di Information Industry Base,             
Hai-Dian District Beijing P.R. China
ZIP：100085 

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls