Subject: [mpls] RFC 4379 on Detecting Multi-Protocol Label Switched (MPLS) Data Plane Failures

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:31:58 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4379

        Title:      Detecting Multi-Protocol Label Switched (MPLS) 
                    Data Plane Failures 
        Author:     K. Kompella,  G. Swallow
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Characters: 116872
        Updates:    RFC1122
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4379.txt

This document describes a simple and efficient mechanism that can be
used to detect data plane failures in Multi-Protocol Label Switching
(MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs).  There are two parts to this
document: information carried in an MPLS \"echo request\" and \"echo
reply\" for the purposes of fault detection and isolation, and
mechanisms for reliably sending the echo reply.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition 
of the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4379

        Title:      Detecting Multi-Protocol Label Switched (MPLS) 
                    Data Plane Failures 
        Author:     K. Kompella,  G. Swallow
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Characters: 116872
        Updates:    RFC1122
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4379.txt

This document describes a simple and efficient mechanism that can be
used to detect data plane failures in Multi-Protocol Label Switching
(MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs).  There are two parts to this
document: information carried in an MPLS \"echo request\" and \"echo
reply\" for the purposes of fault detection and isolation, and
mechanisms for reliably sending the echo reply.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition 
of the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls