Subject: [mpls] RE: [PWE3] Fwd: New Liaison Statement, "Liaison statement on T-MPLS OAM aspects"

From: "Yaakov Stein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:14:20 +0200

Gilles, 

How can we comment on Y.17tom if it is at such an early stage
that there is no text to look it?

How can you predict going for consent in April,
if so little has been accomplished?

At very least we would like to see a draft before you go for consent,
as this may directly influence IETF work on OAM for MPLS and PWE.

Thanks

Y(J)S

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: Monique Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:14:36 -0400

Agree with Yaakov here.

/m

---

From: Huub van Helvoort <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:51:15 +0200

Hello Yaakov,

> that there is no text to look it?

The last sentence of the liaison states that only Y.17tor is
attached for information (and comment) and that Y.17tom is at
an early state and therefor not attached, so no comment expected.

Y.17tom currently contains only a framework that can be used
as a reference for contributions to fill it.

> if so little has been accomplished?

In the meeting it was agreed that the objective is to go
for consent in April 2006, there are two interim meetings
planned to meet this objective.

> as this may directly influence IETF work on OAM for MPLS and PWE.

This was also agreed during the meeting (sending the draft Y.17tom
to IETF) so don't worry.

Cheers, Huub.

-- 
================================================================
              http://members.chello.nl/hhelvoort/
================================================================
Always remember that you are unique...just like everyone else...