Subject: [mpls] RFC 4687 on Operations and Management (OAM) Requirements for Point-to-Multipoint MPLS Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:14:06 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4687

        Title:      Operations and Management (OAM) Requirements 
                    for Point-to-Multipoint MPLS Networks 
        Author:     S. Yasukawa, A. Farrel,
                    D. King, T. Nadeau
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30486
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-oam-reqs-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4687.txt

Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) has been extended to encompass
point-to-multipoint (P2MP) Label Switched Paths (LSPs).  As with
point-to-point MPLS LSPs, the requirement to detect, handle, and
diagnose control and data plane defects is critical.

For operators deploying services based on P2MP MPLS LSPs, the
detection and specification of how to handle those defects are
important because such defects not only may affect the fundamentals
of an MPLS network, but also may impact service level
specification commitments for customers of their network.

This document describes requirements for data plane operations and
management for P2MP MPLS LSPs.  These requirements apply to all forms
of P2MP MPLS LSPs, and include P2MP Traffic Engineered (TE) LSPs and
multicast LSPs.  This memo provides information for the Internet 
community.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls