Subject: [mpls] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Detecting Data Plane Failures in Point-to-Multipoint Multiprotocol
	Author(s)	: A. Farrel, S. Yasukawa
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-02.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2006-9-24
	
Recent proposals have extended the scope of Multiprotocol Label
Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) to encompass
point-to-multipoint (P2MP) LSPs.

The requirement for a simple and efficient mechanism that can be
used to detect data plane failures in point-to-point (P2P) MPLS LSPs
has been recognised and has led to the development of techniques
for fault detection and isolation commonly referred to as "LSP Ping".

The scope of this document is fault detection and isolation for P2MP
MPLS LSPs. This documents does not replace any of the mechanism of
LSP Ping, but clarifies their applicability to MPLS P2MP LSPs, and
extends the techniques and mechanisms of LSP Ping to the MPLS P2MP
environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:18:28 +0100

Hi all,

The main change in this document is to incorporate work from 
draft-swallow-mpls-mcast-cv-00.txt as discussed in Montreal.

There is a "changes" section in the I-D to help you identify what we have 
changed.

Thanks,
Adrian
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2006 8:50 PM
Subject: [mpls] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-02.txt

> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------