Subject: [mpls] draft-ietf-mpls-rfc3036bis-04.txt was posted

From: Ina Minei <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:51:42 -0700 (PDT)

Following the IESG review, draft-ietf-mpls-rfc3036bis-04.txt was 
sent back for more updates. The new version is at.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-rfc3036bis-04.txt

 	The draft will have to go through last call once more after the 
initial review period.

 	Please take a few minutes to review. (a list of changes is at the 
end of this mail).

 			Thank you,

 				Ina

Changes done
=============

Content
-------
- added text regarding disabling sending vendor-private TLVs and messages
(interoperability requirement)
- spelled out the problem that can be caused by spoofed hello messages
(this was a requirement from the security ADs)
- label-mapping procedures - fix the procedures for receipt of a
duplicate label-map for the same fec with a different label.

Editorial
---------
- section 3.5 - added text to say that parameters in a message can end
at odd byte boundaries
- section 2.5.3 - spell out VPI, VCI, DLCI
- section 5.3 - fix should to SHOULD
- section 6 - spell out CoS
- moved RFC2385 (md5) to normative references, as LDP requires support
of it via a MUST statement
- added reference to 4271 and 4278 and text for standards maturity
variance with regards to the MD5 option.
- removed dependency on 3032 as a normative reference by showing
how the label is justified inside a 32 bit field, and stating the
value of the implicit nulllabel.
- removed dependency on 3031 as a normative reference by quoting the
definition of the implicit null label.
- removed the dependency on 3034 as a normative reference  by
including the relevant packet formats from 3034.
- moved refernces to 3031, 3032 and 3034 to informative
- In the definition of LDP Identifier, changed "must" to "MUST" and
"should" to "SHOULD"
- section 3.6 removed should to avoid confusion - "how an LSR should
handle" becomes "how an LSR handles".
- section 2.4.6 - changed must to MUST
- section 2.8 -must to MUST
- a couple of other must/should changes
- added text to say that the document assumes but doesn't require
familiarity with 3031 (to help us move 3031 to informative)
- removed reference to rfc1700 and replaced it with a link to
http://www.iana.org/assignments/address-family-numbers
- removed 1771 and replaced with 4271 in the references
- We had previously removed "MPLS using ATM VP Switching" from the list of
references, but the doc was still referencing it. I removet the 
references.
- I added 2328 to the list of references - somehow it had gotten removed, 
already in version 1 (by mistake), and there was a reference to it in the 
draft.

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls