Subject: [mpls] [Fwd: [Tsvwg] Making draft-davie-ecn-mpls a TSVWG item]

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 08:13:00 -0800

Hi,

Please see attached message that TSVWG is currently running a call for 
consensus on accepting draft-davie-ecn-mpls to a work item.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: [Tsvwg] Making draft-davie-ecn-mpls a TSVWG item
From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
To: tsvwg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 02:48:11 -0800
List-Id: Transport Area Working Group <tsvwg.ietf.org>

Hi,
(BCC MPLS for information)

Based on feedback from the TSVWG session in San Diego we think there is 
consensus on adopting draft-davie-ecn-mpls as a TSVWG work item. We are 
hereby confirming this consensus on the list. If you have an opinion 
please state it.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund
TSVWG chair

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 21:00:48 -0000

Hi,

Can you explain to the folks in the MPLS WG why this proposed change in 
semantic of the MPLS shim header should not be discussed in the MPLS working 
group and standardised there if appropriate?

Thanks,
Adrian
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Magnus Westerlund" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 4:13 PM
Subject: [mpls] [Fwd: [Tsvwg] Making draft-davie-ecn-mpls a TSVWG item]

> IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 01:17:45 -0800

> group and standardised there if appropriate?

Hi Adrian,

To my knowledge this work was presented in the MPLS WG in Montreal. It 
has also been presented in TSVWG both in Montreal and in San Diego. 
There was support in TSVWG meeting to do the work and the ECN knowledge 
is present in TSVWG. To my understanding the knowledge needed is 
primarily about ECN less about MPLS. That is why we thing TSVWG should 
do the work with help from MPLS. There will be a joint last call and 
interactions when needed.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Bruce Davie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 07:47:53 -0500

Just to add to Magnus' comments:
  - having presented at both WGs, I found that the core expertise  
needed to understand the draft is ECN, which is to be found in the TSVWG
  - the primary benefit of the draft is to remove an impediment to  
ECN deployment
  - George Swallow was present at the most recent presentation to  
TSVWG and supported the plan of doing the primary work in TSVWG with  
cross WG review

Bruce

On Nov 15, 2006, at 4:17 AM, Magnus Westerlund wrote:

> Adrian Farrel skrev:
>> Hi,
>> Can you explain to the folks in the MPLS WG why this proposed  
>> change in semantic of the MPLS shim header should not be discussed  
>> in the MPLS working group and standardised there if appropriate?
>
> Hi Adrian,
>
> To my knowledge this work was presented in the MPLS WG in Montreal.  
> It has also been presented in TSVWG both in Montreal and in San  
> Diego. There was support in TSVWG meeting to do the work and the  
> ECN knowledge is present in TSVWG. To my understanding the  
> knowledge needed is primarily about ECN less about MPLS. That is  
> why we thing TSVWG should do the work with help from MPLS. There  
> will be a joint last call and interactions when needed.
>
> Cheers
>
> Magnus Westerlund
>