Subject: [mpls] Unique Identififcation of LSP

From: "Anergy Virt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:56:50 +0100

Hi

I have read that the 5-tuple {tunnel-endpoint address,tunnel-ID, extended
tunnel-ID, sender address, and LSP ID} can uniquely identify an LSP. My
question is it locally unique between two nodes or globally unique
identifcation

A----B-----C------E
       \     /
         D

For example two LSPs are set up from A to E via the same tunnel. i.e. the
have same end points and same path ABDE. Will the 5 tuple uniquely identify
any LSP across any two nodes e.g. B and D? Will the values remain same for
this LSP across two other nodes in the path e.g. C and E?

Thanks in advance
AN
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:52:58 -0500

> this LSP across two other nodes in the path e.g. C and E?

Yes, provided that the extended tunnel ID is a globally unique id.
(Normally this is set to the head-end's router ID).

...George

========================================================================
George Swallow             Cisco Systems                  (978) 936-1398
                           1414 Massachusetts Avenue
                           Boxborough, MA 01719