Subject: [mpls] RSVP: reservation styles doubt

From: "shilpa goel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:23:10 +0530

Hi,

  Please help in clarifying 2 doubts wrt RFC 2205 (RSVP).

a) In the Fixed filter (FF) Reservation style example as explained in
Section 1.4, Page 16, Figure 6, the problems in understanding are:

   1.

   In the Reserves at the interface "d" how come we have merged the
   different request for S1 (3B) by receiver R2 and the request S1 (B) by
   receiver R3 when we are using the FF style?
   2.

   While sending the reservation request upstream we have again merged
   the reservation for sender S1 on interface "a" for different receivers. This
   is not clear.

b) In the Shared Explicit (SE) style as I understand, the scope of the
explicit senders in the reservation requests traveling upstream is changed
i.e. the senders are merged giving the maximum of the reservation required
in the upstream direction.

With respect to this, in the example explained in Figure 7, Page 17,  how
reservation is done at the router for different explicit senders at the
interface "d" is not clear. Also how the reservation requests traveling
upstream have changed the scope of senders and modified flowspec is not
clear.

thanks and regards,
Shilpa

   -
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls