Subject: [mpls] Sub:Regarding LSP ping message generation

From: Venkat Rajesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:09:29 +0530

Hi
 I would like to know about the LSP ping message generation in a dynamic LSP and static LSP 
 environment.

 Is the LSP ping messages generated automatically upon the creation of LSP (both static and via LDP) ..? or 
 is it generated administratively.If it is generated automatically what would be the interval between the 
 retransmission of LSP ping messages.

 Any help would be appreciated.
 Thanks.

 Regards
 Rajesh.

_________________________________________________________________
Post free property ads on Yello Classifieds now! www.yello.in
http://ss1.richmedia.in/recurl.asp?pid=221

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: "Nitin Bahadur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:35:12 -0800

It depends. An implementation can choose to generate it when it desires
- at LSP creation time, periodically, administratively. Why does it
matter when it is generated ? The interval between periodic ping
messages shouldn't be *too low*. LSP-Ping is a
LSP-forwarding-control-plane validation mechanism. Sub-second LSP-Ping
messages are definitely a no-no.

 Is the LSP ping messages generated automatically upon the creation of
LSP (both static and via LDP) ..? or 
 is it generated administratively.If it is generated automatically what
would be the interval between the 
 retransmission of LSP ping messages.