Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 05:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Mechanism for performing LSP-Ping over MPLS tunnels
	Author(s)       : N. Bahadur, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-06-26

This document describes methods for performing lsp-ping traceroute
over mpls tunnels and for traceroute of stitched mpls LSPs.  The
techniques outlined in RFC 4379 are insufficient to perform
traceroute FEC validation and path discovery for a LSP that goes over
other mpls tunnels or for a stitched LSP.  This document describes
enhancements to the downstream-mapping TLV (defined in RFC 4379).
These enhancements along with other procedures outlined in this
document can be used to trace such LSPs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: "Nitin Bahadur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:14:22 -0700

Folks,

  This draft is the same as draft-nitinb-lsp-ping-over-mpls-tunnel.
Following the WG consensus, this was made a WG document. We have
incorporated all the suggestions recommended during the WG poll. The
name of the draft has been changed to reflect that it is enhancing the 
downstream-mapping tlv (RFC4379). The enhanced tlv has much more
benefits and use, than those described in this draft...and hence the
name change.

Thanks
Nitin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 5:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] I-D
Action:draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Mechanism for performing LSP-Ping over MPLS
tunnels
	Author(s)       : N. Bahadur, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2008-06-26

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-ds
map-00.txt