Subject: [mpls] Clarification/questions on draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-06.txt

From: "HUA Michael" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:26:20 -0500

Can the authors or someone knowledgeable in the area provide
clarifications for me. Thanks!
 
1. The proposed bit locations for Bud/Branch node in Downstream mapping
TLV are in conflict with DS Flags (I and N) which are already defined in
RFC4379. Are they just misplaced and should be moved to bit 2 and 3
within the DS Flags?

2. It's not clear on how the proposed P2MP Egress IP address Multipath
information intents to pack multiple IP Addresses. This affects 4-byte
alignment padding. For example, if there are 2 IPv4 addresses, does this
mean that 8 bytes are used with the last 3 bytes of the each address
being zeroed?

      0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      | Address Type  |   Egress Address  (4 or 16 octets)            |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      | (continued)   |                                               :
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+                                               :
      :                 Further Address Types and Egress Addresses    :
      :                                                               :
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls