Subject: [mpls] MPLS TP status

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 16:11:22 +0200

Dear all,

with this mail we would like to informally share with you
the status of the work on MPLS-Transport Profile within the
IETF MPLS Interoperability Design Team (MEAD Team).

The MEAD Team has worked to define a document structure
related to the agreement between ITU-T and IETF to add an
MPLS-Transport Profile within the IETF MPLS architecture.

A list of documents the Team thinks is a good enough start to form
the architectural foundation for the MPLS TP has been prepared and
editors appointed.

The current list of documents and editors can be found at:

http://www.tla-group.com/~loa/editor-doc-list.pdf

Please note that this document is a living document and changes if
and when the information changes.

It is also possible that the document structure will change as the
topics are better understood.

There is also a still pending action to define a document structure
for the OAM Procedures documents

As recommended by the JWT document (MPLS-TP_overview-22.ppt), it is
assumed that both IETF and ITU-T participants will participate as
contributing authors to the development of these documents.
Cross-participation is highly appreciated to early capture the
major input before we reaches the final processes for the documents.

A contributing author of the document contributes text and
participates in defining changes, extensions and modifications to
the existing text.

If you want to contribute to any of these documents you need to
get in contact with the editors of that document.

Note that it is up to the editor team to decide how the discussions
should be conducted (e.g. via working group mailing lists or via
dedicated lists).

Some of you have not earlier contributed to Internet Drafts or RFC,
please remember that this is an effort that will take place very
much unrelated to IETF meetings, and that IETF will progress
documents by decisions take based on traffic on wg mailing lists.

Best Regards

Loa and Italo

-- 
Loa Andersson

Principal Networking Architect
Acreo AB                           phone:  +46 8 632 77 14
Isafjordsgatan 22                  mobile: +46 739 81 21 64
Kista, Sweden                      email:  [email-masked]
                                            [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls