Subject: [mpls] RFC 5283 on LDP Extension for Inter-Area Label Switched Paths (LSPs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:41:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5283

        Title:      LDP Extension for Inter-Area Label 
                    Switched Paths (LSPs) 
        Author:     B. Decraene, JL. Le Roux,
                    I. Minei
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26534
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-interarea-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5283.txt

To facilitate the establishment of Label Switched Paths (LSPs) that
would span multiple IGP areas in a given Autonomous System (AS), this
document describes a new optional Longest-Match Label Mapping
Procedure for the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP).

This procedure allows the use of a label if the Forwarding Equivalence
Class (FEC) Element matches an entry in the Routing Information Base
(RIB).  Matching is defined by an IP longest-match search and does not
mandate an exact match.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls