Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Detecting Data Plane Failures in Point-to-Multipoint Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) - Extensions to LSP Ping
	Author(s)       : S. Yasukawa, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-07.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2008-09-10

Recent proposals have extended the scope of Multiprotocol Label
Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) to encompass
point-to-multipoint (P2MP) LSPs.

The requirement for a simple and efficient mechanism that can be
used to detect data plane failures in point-to-point (P2P) MPLS LSPs
has been recognized and has led to the development of techniques
for fault detection and isolation commonly referred to as "LSP Ping".

The scope of this document is fault detection and isolation for P2MP
MPLS LSPs. This documents does not replace any of the mechanisms of
LSP Ping, but clarifies their applicability to MPLS P2MP LSPs, and
extends the techniques and mechanisms of LSP Ping to the MPLS P2MP
environment.Conventions used in this document

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 23:06:36 +0100

Hi,

This revision has taken input from several active implementations.

The changes are summarised in section 0.7.

The two largest changes are:
- Introduction of a new "Node Properties" TLV to be used to
  describe the properties of the reporting node. This TLV is
  extensible, and we suspect it may be useful for other applications.
- Use of the Detailed Downstream Mapping TLV to report
  multiple error conditions for different downstream segments on
  the same echo response.

Adrian
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:45 PM
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-07.txt

> Title           : Detecting Data Plane Failures in Point-to-Multipoint 
> Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) - Extensions to LSP Ping

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>