Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 01:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Label Distribution Protocol Extensions for Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths
	Author(s)       : I. Minei, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp-08.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2009-10-26

This document describes extensions to the Label Distribution Protocol
(LDP) for the setup of point to multi-point (P2MP) and multipoint-to-
multipoint (MP2MP) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) in Multi-Protocol
Label Switching (MPLS) networks.  These extensions are also referred
to as mLDP Multicast LDP. mLDP constructs the P2MP or MP2MP LSPs
without interacting with or relying upon any other multicast tree
construction protocol.  Protocol elements and procedures for this
solution are described for building such LSPs in a receiver-initiated
manner.  There can be various applications for P2MP/MP2MP LSPs, for
example IP multicast or support for multicast in BGP/MPLS L3VPNs.
Specification of how such applications can use a LDP signaled P2MP/
MP2MP LSP is outside the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.