Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 15:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile Survivability Framework
	Author(s)       : N. Sprecher, A. Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-02.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2009-10-25

Network survivability is the network's ability to restore traffic
delivery following failure of network resources or an attack on the
network.  It plays a critical role in the delivery of guaranteed
services in transport networks to meet the requirements expressed in
Service Level Agreements (SLAs).

The Transport Profile of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS-TP) is a
packet transport technology based on the MPLS data plane and re-using
many aspects of the MPLS management and control planes.

This document provides a framework for the provision of survivability
functions in the data plane of an MPLS-TP network using tools
provided by the management plane and the control plane as well as
techniques inherent in the data plane itself.

This document is a product of a joint International
Telecommunications Union (ITU)-IETF effort to include an MPLS
Transport Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to
support the capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport
network as defined by International Telecommunications Union -
Telecommunications Standardization Sector (ITU-T).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.