Subject: [mpls] Closing the IETF MEAD team

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 07:40:20 +0200

Dear all,

The main MPLS-TP requirements work has been published as RFC 5654, and 
the two subsidiary requirements documents (NM and OAM) are close to 
publication with IETF last call ending later this week. The other key 
documents (the framework documents) have been adopted as MPLS working 
group documents and their text is substantially in place. Furthermore, a 
large number of the necessary solutions documents have been started and 
have good foundations.

With this in mind, we think that the MEAD team has successfully 
delivered on its objectives. In view of the need to ensure that the 
MPLS-TP work is fully open to participation by everyone in the IETF 
community, and with the desire to "normalise" the process of document 
production and evolution, we have decided to close the MEAD team with 
immediate effect. All MPLS-TP work will now follow the usual IETF 
working group process with the MPLS working group being the lead working 
group, but with work being coordinated across other working groups (e.g. 
PWE3, CCAMP, Ops Area WG) as appropriate.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who contributed 
to the work of the MEAD team, and hope that they will continue to 
participate in this effort within the IETF with the additional 
participation of all their colleagues.

Best regards,
Loa and Adrian

-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc                          phone: +46 10 717 52 13
                                              +46 767 72 92 13