Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'Node behavior upon originating and receiving Resource ReserVation Protocol (RSVP) Path Error message' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:19:43 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Node behavior upon originating and receiving Resource ReserVation 
   Protocol (RSVP) Path Error message '
   <draft-ietf-mpls-3209-patherr-06.txt> as a BCP

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-3209-patherr-06.txt

Technical Summary

  This ID describes a common practice when a node sends or receives
  an RSVP Path Error message for a preempted MPLS-TE LSP. This 
  document does not define any new protocol extensions.

Working Group Summary

  This document was produced by the WG to help resolve issues with
  draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption. Great care was taken within the
  WG to make sure that the work represented consensus of all existing
  implementers.

Document Quality

   This document represents a description of existing implementations.

Personnel

  Loa Andersson is the document shepherd.
  Adrian Farrel is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

Please add "Updates RFC3209" to the document header.