Subject: [mpls] Protocol Action: 'Requirements for OAM in MPLS Transport Networks' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 06:47:31 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Requirements for OAM in MPLS Transport Networks '
   <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements-06.txt

Technical Summary

  This document lists architectural and functional requirements for the
  Operations, Administration and Maintenance of the MPLS Transport
  Profile. These requirements apply to pseudowires, Label Switched
  Paths, and MPLS-TP Sections.

Working Group Summary

  The document is part of the MPLS-TP project, the cooperation
  between IETF and ITU-T to specify an MPLS transport profile.
  The working group has consensus on the document, and the ITU-T
  has indicated that it supports the publication

  The ITU-T has one outstanding issue on which they could not reach
  consensus: there will a continued discussion on the requirements
  for OAM interworking/translation, and further requirements may be
  subsequently brought to the IETF in a new I-D.

  The document has been put on the standards track to resolve issues
  around how the ITU-T references IETF documents.

Document Quality

  The document is a requirements specification and will mainly
  be used as input to the OAM solutions specifications that will be
  published shortly.

Personnel

   Loa Andersson ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD.