Subject: [mpls] Questions on draft-weingarten-mpls-tp-ring-protection-02

From: Zhi-Wei Lin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:35:26 -0400

Hi,

I have the following questions on this draft:

   - General: linear protection typically are between to adjacent nodes. If
   applying linear protection in ring, how are intermediate nodes supposed to
   act? Do they see and process the messages (especially in 1:1 case)? I assume
   intermediate nodes are transparent to this process because of use of the
   Path Segment Tunnel? Would this structure prevent any future desire to add
   extra traffic feature (it's not a requirement in RFC5654, but may be desired
   by some operators to better utilize capacity)?
   - 3.2: if using linear protection, how is the p2mp signaled using the
   linear protection message (or there is no signaling)?
   - 4: states to re-use linear protection for ring. In this case, you are
   supporting steering case only, and not wrapping case? This case is similar
   to the SDH's SNCP ring structure?
   - General: you described wrapping method? Will you be including a
   mechanism to implement the wrapping method, or this is intentionally left
   out?

Thanks
Zhi