Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile Survivability Framework
	Author(s)       : N. Sprecher, A. Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-05.txt
	Pages           : 56
	Date            : 2010-04-19

Network survivability is the ability of a network to recover traffic
delivery following failure, or degradation of network resources.
Survivability is critical for the delivery of guaranteed network
services, such as those subject to strict Service Level Agreements
(SLAs) which place maximum bounds on the length of time that services
may be degraded or be unavailable.

The Transport Profile of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS-TP) is a
packet-based transport technology based on the MPLS data plane which
re-uses many aspects of the MPLS management and control planes.

This document comprises a framework for the provision of
survivability in an MPLS-TP network; it describes recovery elements,
types, methods, and topological considerations.  To enable data-plane
recovery, survivability may be supported by the control plane,
management plane, and by Operations, Administration and Maintenance
(OAM) functions.  This document describes mechanisms for recovering
MPLS-TP Label Switched Paths (LSPs). A detailed description of
pseudowire recovery in MPLS-TP networks is beyond the scope of this
document.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
capabilities and functionalities of a packet-based transport network,
as defined by the ITU-T.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.