Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-framework-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 09:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Framework for MPLS in Transport Networks
	Author(s)       : M. Bocci, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-framework-11.txt
	Pages           : 57
	Date            : 2010-04-02

This document specifies an architectural framework for the
application of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) to the
construction of packet-switched transport networks.  It describes a
common set of protocol functions - the MPLS Transport Profile
(MPLS-TP) - that supports the operational models and capabilities
typical of such networks, including signaled or explicitly
provisioned bi-directional connection-oriented paths, protection and
restoration mechanisms, comprehensive Operations, Administration and
Maintenance (OAM) functions, and network operation in the absence of
a dynamic control plane or IP forwarding support.  Some of these
functions are defined in existing MPLS specifications, while others
require extensions to existing specifications to meet the
requirements of the MPLS-TP.

This document defines the subset of the MPLS-TP applicable in general
and to point-to-point transport paths.  The remaining subset,
applicable specifically to point-to-multipoint transport paths, is
outside the scope of this document.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network as
defined by the ITU-T.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-framework-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.