Subject: [mpls] confusion about the description in draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-01

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 15:05:38 +0800

Hi, loa, all

I am a little confused by some description in 
draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-cp-framework-01, and need your help:

    118. The MPLS-TP control plane must provide functionality to enable
         an Intermediate Point of a PW or LSP to report, to an End Point
         of that same PW or LSP, a lock condition indirectly affecting
         that PW or LSP [TP-OAM-REQ, section 2.2.7., paragraph 1].

Q1: the lock reporting can be realized by the fault management OAM 
message, as described in draft-ietf-mpls-tp-fault. Here do you
mean that this lcok reporting can be realized by the CP notification 
message also? If that is true, why not adding ASI/LDI?

4.4.5. Test Traffic Control and other OAM functions

   [CCAMP-OAM-FWK] and [CCAMP-OAM-EXT] are works in progress that extend
   the OAM related control capabilities of GMPLS.  These extensions
   cover a portion, but not all OAM related control functions that have
   been identified in the context of MPLS-TP.  As discussed above, the
   MPLS-TP control plane must support the selection of which (if any)
   OAM function(s) to use (including support to select experimental OAM
   functions) and what OAM functionality to run, including, continuity
   check (CC), connectivity verification (CV), packet loss and delay
   quantification, and diagnostic testing of a service. As OAM
   configuration is directly linked to data plane OAM, it is expected
   that [CCAMP-OAM-EXT] will evolve in parallel with the specification
   of data plane OAM functions.

   Q2: the function of diagnostic testing (such as LB and throughput) is 
on-demand, but it is said that
   "hence configuration and control of on-demand OAM functions are 
out-of-scope
   for this document" in [CCAMP-OAM-EXT]. So the diagnostic testing 
control will be updated in the new version
   of CCAMP-OAM-EXT, or just need another document?
 
   Best regards
 
   Fei