Subject: [mpls] Comment to draft-lm-pwe3-mpls-tp-gal-in-pw-00.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 16:07:37 -0700

Dear Authors,
I think that proposed update of the Section 4.2. RFC 5586 makes it possible
to use GAL on MPLS-TP PW that uses Control Word. I consider it to be
conflict between PW VCCV CC types because use of GAL is not negotiated
through PW VCCV negotiation. To avoid such situation I propose:

   - in Section 5 request IANA to assign new CC Type "MPLS Generic
   Associated Channel Label"
   - assign precedence to new CC Type that affects Section 7 RFC 5085

Regards,
Greg

---

From: Luca Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 11:14:00 -0600

Greg,

You are correct , the proposed update does not propose any changes to VCCV.
However the problem with vccv is not as simple as to ask for a new code
point from IANA.
Given the good amount of discussion on this point, we should probably
have a discussion in Beijing.

Luca

On 10/29/2010 05:07 PM, Greg Mirsky wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls