Subject: Re: [mpls] Draft: Response to Updated draft Recommendation G.tpoam [Ref043.02]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 03:33:08 +0100

Hi Stewart Bryant,

I don¡¯t agree with the current LS text.

China Telecom support the standardization of Y.1731 based MPLS-TP OAM tools in 
the ITU-T to meet the urgent and increasing requirements for PTN deployment.  
It¡¯s a multi-vendor supported, interoperability certificated and feasible 
solution.  It had been specified in both CCSA (China Communications Standards 
Association) and China Telecom¡¯s PTN standard as the only standard OAM 
mechanism.

Best Regards

Jing Ruiquan

China¡¡Telecom  Beijing  Research¡¡Institute

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Stewart 
Bryant
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 6:57 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] Draft: Response to Updated draft Recommendation G.tpoam 
[Ref043.02]

I propose to send the following Liaison Response to the ITU-T on Friday 
14th January and am posting it to the MPLS WG list for review. 

======= 

Response to Updated draft Recommendation G.tpoam [Ref 043.02] 

From: IETF Liaison to ITU-T on MPLS [email-masked] 
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked] 
CC: Greg Jones, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked] 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked] 
[email-masked], [email-masked] 
[email-masked], [email-masked] 
[email-masked], [email-masked] 

For Action 

The MPLS Working Group notes that this document contains text describing 
MPLS-TP OAM protocols not designed and standardized using the IETF 
Standards process. Specifically it uses material from 
draft-bhh-mpls-tp-oam-y1731-06. 

We wish to draw your attention to the status section of 
draft-bhh-mpls-tp-oam-y1731-06 which states: 

"Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months 
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any 
time. It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference material 
or to cite them other than as "work in progress". 

Please also note that since the draft filename starts with the prefix 
string "draft-bhh" this clearly identifies it to the reader as a 
document expressing the personal technical views of the authors and 
hence hence as a document that that does not have any acknowledged level 
of IETF consensus. 

Since the text of draft Recommendation for G.tpoam is based on an 
MPLS-TP OAM protocol not designed within the IETF Standards Process this 
is a breach of the SG15 agreement with the IETF as published in Report 
of the first meeting of Working Party 3/15 Transport network structures 
(2009-2012) (Geneva, 1 ¨C 12 December 2008) which can be found at 
http://www.itu.int/md/T09-SG15-R-0004/en 

Please confirm that the ITU-T intends to continue with the joint work on 
MPLS-TP and that the ITU-T will align this recommendation with the IETF 
MPLS-TP OAM design before advancing this document through the ITU-T 
publication process. 

The MPLS Working Group would also like to draw the attention of ITU-T 
SG15 to the IETF copyright rules. Please see 
http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/archive/IETF-Trust-License-Policy-
20091228.htm 
for further details. 

Since this draft Recommendation contains text in which the ITU-T SG15 
has proposed making changes to IETF protocols without the approval of 
the IETF, the MPLS Working Group have referred this liaison to the IAB 
for their consideration. 

========= 
_______________________________________________ 
mpls mailing list 
[email-masked] 
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls