Subject: [mpls] New version of draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview (01)

From: "Daniel King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 12:19:12 -0000

Hi All, 

Happy New Year!

Please note that the authors of draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview
have issued a new version of said document. Updates include:

- Cleaned up Abstract. 
- Included GMPLS TC references where relevant. 
- Updated Pseudowire Module section.
- Added significant text (tables) to the Fault Management and Performance
Management section.
- Updated MPLS-TP Gap Analysis section. 
- Added a new co-author. 
- Addressed various grammar and nits. 
  	
We have also identified the need for an MPLS-TP abstract model document.
This new draft will provide an abstract model and use a formal language to
define the terminology, the information that must be retrieved and stored.
It will also list the new MPLS-TP MIB modules, identified as part of the gap
analysis in  draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview. 

Br, Dan. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: 05 January 2011 12:00
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title           : Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile
(MPLS-TP) MIB-based Management Overview
	Author(s)       : A. Farrel, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-01-05

A range of Management Information Base (MIB) modules has been developed to
help model and manage the various aspects of Multiprotocol Label Switching
(MPLS) networks.  These MIB modules are defined in separate documents that
focus on the specific areas of responsibility of the modules that they
describe.

The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is a profile of MPLS functionality
specific to the construction of packet-switched transport networks.

This document describes the MIB-based management architecture for MPLS-TP,
indicates the interrelationships between different existing MIB modules that
can be leveraged for MPLS-TP network management and identifies areas where
additional MIB modules would be required.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport Profile
within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the capabilities and
functionalities of a packet transport network as defined by the ITU-T.

This Informational Internet-Draft is aimed at achieving IETF Consensus
before publication as an RFC and will be subject to an IETF Last Call.

[RFC Editor, please remove this note before publication as an RFC and insert
the correct Streams Boilerplate to indicate that the published RFC has IETF
Consensus.]

King & Venkatesan,  et al.

 [page 1]

draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview-01.txt

January 2011

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overvi
ew-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.