Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 11:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Detecting Data Plane Failures in Point-to-Multipoint Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) - Extensions to LSP Ping
	Author(s)       : S. Yasukawa, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-14.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2011-01-25

Recent proposals have extended the scope of Multiprotocol Label
Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) to encompass
point-to-multipoint (P2MP) LSPs.

The requirement for a simple and efficient mechanism that can be used
to detect data plane failures in point-to-point (P2P) MPLS LSPs has
been recognized and has led to the development of techniques for
fault detection and isolation commonly referred to as "LSP Ping".

The scope of this document is fault detection and isolation for P2MP
MPLS LSPs.  This documents does not replace any of the mechanisms of
LSP Ping, but clarifies their applicability to MPLS P2MP LSPs, and
extends the techniques and mechanisms of LSP Ping to the MPLS P2MP
environment.Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2011 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-14.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.