Subject: [mpls] Response to Updated draft Recommendation G.8121 [Ref 042.02]

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 08:35:14 +0000

Title: Response to Updated draft Recommendation G.8121 [Ref 042.02]

Submission Date: 15th January 2011

From: IETF Liaison to ITU-T on MPLS [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
     [email-masked]
     [email-masked]
     [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]
     [email-masked]
     [email-masked]
     [email-masked]
     [email-masked]
     [email-masked]
     [email-masked]
     [email-masked]
     [email-masked]
     [email-masked]
     [email-masked]
     [email-masked]
     [email-masked]

Response Contact: [email-masked]
Technical Contact: [email-masked]

Purpose: For Action
Deadline: 15th March 2011

Thank you for your liaison statement "LS232 - Updated draft 
Recommendation G.8121 [Ref 042.01]"

Unfortunately ITU-T document WD19r2 was not attached to this
liaison, and thus the MPLS Working Group is unable to comment
on its content at this time.

It is stated in the covering letter of the liaison that the
modifications to this draft Recommendation are based on
draft-bhh-mpls-tp-oam-y1731-06. Please may we draw your attention
to the status section of all Internet-Drafts which says:

"Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six
months and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents
at any time. It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as
reference material or to cite them other than as "work in progress".

Please also note that since the draft filename starts with the
prefix string "draft-bhh" this clearly identifies it to the reader
as a document expressing the personal technical views of the
authors and hence hence as a document that that does not have
any acknowledged level of IETF consensus.

If this draft Recommendation for G.8121 is based on an MPLS-TP
OAM protocol not designed within the IETF Standards Process, the
MPLS Working Group Chairs and the Routing Area Directors believe
that this would be in breach of the SG15 agreement with the IETF
as published in Report of the first meeting of Working
Party 3/15 Transport network structures (2009-2012)
(Geneva, 1 – 12 December 2008) which can be found at
http://www.itu.int/md/T09-SG15-R-0004/en

You should also be aware of the IETF copyright rules. Please
see 
http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/archive/IETF-Trust-License-Policy-20091228.htm 
for further details.

Since this draft Recommendation contains text in which the
ITU-T SG15 has proposed making changes to IETF protocols without
the approval of the IETF, we have referred this liaison to the IAB
for their consideration.

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 08:37:37 +0000

I would like to thank the MPLS Working Group for the review of this liaison.

I have sent the following to the ITU-T which I believe to be factually 
correct.

Regards

Stewart
(IETF Liaison to ITU-T on MPLS)

On 15/01/2011 08:35, Stewart Bryant wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls
>

-- 
For corporate legal information go to:

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html