Subject: [mpls] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC3031 (3689)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 17:52:34 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3031,
"Multiprotocol Label Switching Architecture".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3031&eid=3689

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Renato Westphal <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.2.1

Original Text
-------------
      6. <PulledUnconditional, RequestWhenNeeded, N/A, ReleaseOnChange,
         UseImmediate>

         This is downstream-on-demand label distribution with ordered
         control (initiated by the ingress), conservative label
         retention mode, and optional loop detection.

      7. <PulledUnconditional, RequestWhenNeeded, N/A, ReleaseOnChange,
         UseIfLoopNotDetected>

Corrected Text
--------------
      6. <PulledUnconditional, RequestWhenNeeded, RequestRetry,
         ReleaseOnChange, UseImmediate>

         This is downstream-on-demand label distribution with ordered
         control (initiated by the ingress), conservative label
         retention mode, and optional loop detection.

      7. <PulledUnconditional, RequestWhenNeeded, RequestRetry,
         ReleaseOnChange, UseIfLoopNotDetected>

Notes
-----
If the "Request Procedure" is different than "Request Never", then a "NotAvailable Procedure" should be specified. In this case, the "Request Retry" procedure is the right option for Downstream on Demand.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3031 (draft-ietf-mpls-arch-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Multiprotocol Label Switching Architecture
Publication Date    : January 2001
Author(s)           : E. Rosen, A. Viswanathan, R. Callon
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiprotocol Label Switching
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG