Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 01:28:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Per-Interface MIP Addressing Requirements and Design Considerations
	Author(s)       : Adrian Farrel
                          Hideki Endo
                          Rolf Winter
                          Yoshinori Koike
                          Manuel Paul
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-08.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-07-31

Abstract:
   The Framework for Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM)
   within the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) describes how Maintenance
   Entity Group Intermediate Points (MIPs) may be situated within
   network nodes at the incoming and outgoing interfaces.

   This document elaborates on important considerations for internal MIP
   addressing.  More precisely it describes important restrictions for
   any mechanism that specifies a way of forming OAM messages so that
   they can be targeted at MIPs on incoming or MIPs on outgoing
   interfaces and forwarded correctly through the forwarding engine.
   Furthermore, the document includes considerations for node
   implementations where there is no distinction between the incoming
   and outgoing MIP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mip-mep-map-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/