Subject: [mpls] two house keeping drafts for discussin in Berlin

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 15:35:27 +0200

Working Group,

I've posted to small drafts, the common denominator is that they
are house keeping and have something to do with the IANA LSP Ping
TLV parameter registry.
I've been working against the cut-off date and did not really make
there are at least one more draft in the pipe.

The first draft-andersson-mpls-moving-iana-registries is fairly
well baked and should be possible to move along quite quickly.

    When RFC 6374 "Packet Loss and Delay Measurement for MPLS Networks"
    were developed, the code points allocated by this RFC were mistakenly
    placed within the Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label
    Switched Paths (LSPs) Ping Parameter registry.  This document creates
    a new dedicated name space for Generic Associated Channel code points
    and move them to a name space their own.

    Since RFC 6374 is a standards track RFC we need to do this change
    by a new standards track RFC, this draft attempt to fill that gap.

The other one draft-andersson-mpls-lsp-ping-upd is only half-baked
(or worse). I've discussed the RFC4379 IANA section with several
people, and there is a general agreement that it needs to be improved.
George (one of the RFC 4379 authors) has supplied some text for this
update. That text is part of draft. If we don't do anything else
about 4379 we should at least do what George propose.

However I think there a few more things that we should do. The current
text is a mix of mine and Georges.

I wanted to post this draft to have a possibility to continue discuss
it in Berlin. I don't plan to spend much on these drafts in the wg
meeting, but like to invite anyone interested to corridor discussions.

/Loa
-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64