Subject: [mpls] FW: New Version Notification for draft-atlas-mpls-te-express-path-03.txt

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 06:32:53 +0000

I've published an updated draft-atlas-mpls-te-express-path that reflects the discussion and reviews by the MPLS-MT team.

Alia

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 2:32 AM
To: Stefano Previdi; Alia Atlas; Spencer Giacalone; John E Drake; David Ward; Spencer Giacalone; Clarence Filsfils; Dave Ward
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-atlas-mpls-te-express-path-03.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-atlas-mpls-te-express-path-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Alia Atlas and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-atlas-mpls-te-express-path
Revision:	 03
Title:		 Performance-based Path Selection for Explicitly Routed LSPs using TE Metric Extensions
Creation date:	 2013-07-12
Group:		 mpls
Number of pages: 10
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atlas-mpls-te-express-path-03.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atlas-mpls-te-express-path
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-atlas-mpls-te-express-path-03
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-atlas-mpls-te-express-path-03

Abstract:
   In certain networks, it is critical to consider network performance
   criteria when selecting the path for an explicitly routed RSVP-TE
   LSP.  Such performance criteria can include latency, jitter, and loss
   or other indications such as the conformance to link performance
   objectives and non-RSVP TE traffic load.  This specification uses
   network performance data, such as is advertised via the OSPF and ISIS
   TE metric extensions (defined outside the scope of this document) to
   perform such path selections.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Sriganesh Kini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 01:01:56 -0700

Hi Alia,

Thanks for addressing the review comments of version -02. The pseudo-code
in the new version looks good. Some additional comments are below -

   1.

   Section 1 para 1 second last line s/with additional constraints,/with
   additional bound constraints/
   2.

   Section 1 para 3 Pg 3 - This para seems to be only about delay. I would
   suggest s/additional contributors beyond/additional contributors to latency
   beyond/
   3.

   Same location as previous comment. It is not clear what you mean by
   router latency (as opposed to queueing latency). Do you mean switching
   fabric latency ? Or do you mean latency through the router if there were no
   queueing latency ? Would be better to clarify.
   4.

   Same location as previous comment. "While traversing a router can cause
   delay, that can be included in the advertised link delay.". Is this
   referring to the previously mentioned "router delay" ? If so s/While
   traversing a router can cause delay/The router-delay/. Also, is this
   sentence a recommendation being made by this draft ? The isis and ospf
   extension draft make no mention of router delay. Do you intend to say "The
   router delay CAN or SHOULD be included in each link delay" ? If so, re-word
   the sentence.
   5.

   Section 1 para 4 Pg 3 - s/If application traffic which follows path/If
   application traffic follows a path/
   6.

   Section 1.1 enum 3. - I don't see how the solution in this draft
   achieves this. It is only as accurate as the TE LSDB which itself is not
   updated in real-time. s/verify that a TE tunnel's current LSP/verify with
   the TE LSDB that a TE tunnel's current LSP/.
   7.

   Section 1.1 enum 7. - s/revert back to the best path/revert back using
   make-before-break to the best path/
   8.

   Section 2.1. The sentence "An alternative to this approach to minimize
   path latency is an approach to place an upper bound on path latency.". This
   does not make sense. Minimizing and placing a bound are two separate
   constraints. One does not substitute for the other. I suspect what you
   really wanted to say is - "In practical scenarios latency constraints are
   typically a bound constraint rather than a minimization objective".
   9. Section 2.2 third para s/only links with at least a configurable
   amount/only links with at least a minimum amount/

- Sri

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Alia Atlas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I've published an updated draft-atlas-mpls-te-express-path that reflects
> the discussion and reviews by the MPLS-MT team.
>
> Alia
>
> To: Stefano Previdi; Alia Atlas; Spencer Giacalone; John E Drake; David
> Ward; Spencer Giacalone; Clarence Filsfils; Dave Ward
> URL:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atlas-mpls-te-express-path-03.txt
> Status:
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atlas-mpls-te-express-path
> Htmlized:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-atlas-mpls-te-express-path-03
> Diff:
> http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-atlas-mpls-te-express-path-03
>
> Abstract:
> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls
>