Subject: [mpls] draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-01 (MPLS-TP and MPLS Multipath)

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:15:18 -0400

The draft draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-01, "Use of Multipath with
MPLS-TP and MPLS" (short title "MPLS-TP and MPLS Multipath") was just
submitted.  It is little changed from the 00.

This draft was presented at IETF-86.  The minutes entry reads:

   draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-00
   Curtis, 10 min

   George: did you mention OAM? If you use EL, OAM might not follow data.

   Curtis: depends on where you place the GAL. If you do not hash on it
   then it will follow data.

   George: suggesting to use same EL for all types of traffic?

   Curtis: yes, everything on that LSP would have same stack

   George: should add clarification

   Curtis: ok

   Loa: how many have read?
   [missed]

The following change was made to address George's request for
clarification (xml version).

+         <!-- clarification requested in IETF-86 by George Swallow -->
+         Since the Entropy Label Indicator and Entropy Label are
+         always placed above the GAL in the stack, the presense of
+         GAL will not affect the selection of a component link as
+         long as the LSR does not hash on the label stack entries
+         below the Entropy Label.

Also draft-ietf-mpls-tp-security-framework has become RFC6941 and the
references were updated.

No presentation was given at IETF-87.  The comments at prior IETF (85
and 86) were positive as well as the MPLS-RT review comments.  It is
informational and mostly documents a usage of RFC6970 (ELI/EL) to
carry MPLS-TP client LSP within MPLS server LSP, where the MPLS server
LSP are carried over multipath supporting EL.

Please provide comments on this draft.  In the absense of any further
comments and since prior comments have been positive, I would like to
see this go to WGLC.

Curtis

------- Forwarded Message

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 07:31:54 -0700
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Use of Multipath with MPLS-TP and MPLS
	Author(s)       : Curtis Villamizar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-09-11

Abstract:
   Many MPLS implementations have supported multipath techniques and
   many MPLS deployments have used multipath techniques, particularly in
   very high bandwidth applications, such as provider IP/MPLS core
   networks.  MPLS-TP has strongly discouraged the use of multipath
   techniques.  Some degradation of MPLS-TP OAM performance cannot be
   avoided when operating over many types of multipath implementations.

   Using MPLS Entropy label, MPLS LSPs can be carried over multipath
   links while also providing a fully MPLS-TP compliant server layer for
   MPLS-TP LSPs.  This document describes the means of supporting MPLS
   as a server layer for MPLS-TP.  The use of MPLS-TP LSPs as a server
   layer for MPLS LSPs is also discussed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

------- End of Forwarded Message