Subject: [mpls] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5331 (3726)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 01:08:52 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5331,
"MPLS Upstream Label Assignment and Context-Specific Label Space".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5331&eid=3726

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Liu Lin <[email-masked]>

Section: 6

Original Text
-------------
In the former case, an LSR distributes an upstream-assigned 
label binding for a FEC F if it is either (a) the ingress LSR 
for FEC F, or (b) if it has already received an upstream label 
binding for that FEC from its adjacent upstream LSR for FEC F, 
or (c) if it has received a request for a downstream label 
binding from its upstream adjacent LSR.

Corrected Text
--------------
In the former case, an LSR distributes an upstream-assigned 
label binding for a FEC F if it is either (a) the ingress LSR 
for FEC F, or (b) if it has already received an upstream label 
binding for that FEC from its adjacent upstream LSR for FEC F, 
or (c) if it has received a request for a upstream label 
binding from its downstream adjacent LSR.

Notes
-----
if a LSR has received a request for a downstream label binding from its upstream adjacent LSR, it will distributes a downstream-assigned label, not upstream-assigned-label. When a LSR has received a request for a upstream label binding from its downstream adjacent LSR, it may distributs a upstream-assigned label.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5331 (draft-ietf-mpls-upstream-label-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : MPLS Upstream Label Assignment and Context-Specific Label Space
Publication Date    : August 2008
Author(s)           : R. Aggarwal, Y. Rekhter, E. Rosen
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiprotocol Label Switching
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG