Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 13:13:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Use of Multipath with MPLS and MPLS-TP
	Author(s)       : Curtis Villamizar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-11-13

Abstract:
   Many MPLS implementations have supported multipath techniques and
   many MPLS deployments have used multipath techniques, particularly in
   very high bandwidth applications, such as provider IP/MPLS core
   networks.  MPLS-TP has strongly discouraged the use of multipath
   techniques.  Some degradation of MPLS-TP OAM performance cannot be
   avoided when operating over many types of multipath implementations.

   Using MPLS Entropy label, MPLS Label Switched Paths (LSPs) can be
   carried over multipath links while also providing a fully MPLS-TP
   compliant server layer for MPLS-TP LSPs.  This document describes the
   means of supporting MPLS as a server layer for MPLS-TP.  The use of
   MPLS-TP LSPs as a server layer for MPLS LSPs is also discussed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-multipath-use-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/